Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
GPX+ Nostalgia
Redtha
post Nov 7 2014, 04:20 PM
Post #1

http://redtha.tumblr.com/
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 70 032

Active Squad

So I recently started posting on the forum again and it's so quiet now. It used to be much busier. I wanted to add some more activity and decided why not a thread about old site stuff?

Like remember the old method for getting legendaries that involved being active within a certain time frame and having a spot open in your party then the admins would randomly send a legend out that you might get if you were lucky?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

PokeNOM NOM NOM
post Nov 7 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #2

Spriter / Writer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 99 214

Active Squad

I remember one of the first SWSH and how I completely missed what it was and how it worked.

'What are all these Swinub eggs doing around the site...?!'

I was slow and by the time I learned more, it had ended so I never partipated in it. ^^;

--------------------

Check out my GPX+ profile
to find out what I've contributed so far!

'Counterbalanced'
+Quote Post

Pyotr
post Nov 7 2014, 05:18 PM
Post #3

Sugar Content
Group Icon

Member No.: 143 069

Unown

I remember how you could make a rainbow with your pokémon in the old way the PC was displayed in your profile (I did that once!)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Nov 7 2014, 05:38 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

I remember how at the very beginning of my GPX career I was staring at a Shellderboy for ten minutes like I was high and wondering how in the world this thing came to be. xD

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Redtha
post Nov 7 2014, 06:02 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Nov 7 2014, 05:38 PM) *
I remember how at the very beginning of my GPX career I was staring at a Shellderboy for ten minutes like I was high and wondering how in the world this thing came to be. xD

I remember how. There was a dress-up contest that Pokii won with a Cloyster dress-up. Shortly after we got the novelty based on it.

Here's Pokii's Cloyster dress-up it was based on:

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Nov 7 2014, 06:02 PM
Post #6

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

Even though I joined only about a year ago, I still have a fond memory when I found out about Novelty Pokemon for the first time.
I remember finding out about Flaming Zoroark, and was like "Yo. YO. I GOTTA HAVE ONE OF THESE."
Then I remember going in the Egg Shelter not long after and seeing that wonderful flaming egg. And donated by Wymsy, no less!
Here he is now in all his fiery glory.

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Manah
post Nov 7 2014, 06:36 PM
Post #7

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

QUOTE(Redtha @ Nov 7 2014, 10:20 PM) *
Like remember the old method for getting legendaries that involved being active within a certain time frame and having a spot open in your party then the admins would randomly send a legend out that you might get if you were lucky?

And threads with weird titles!
I got my first legendary from one of those events. <3

Many people would only click you back as many times as you clicked them, there was the berry recorder, and for my first shiny hunt I had to keep track of my hatched eggs in a journal entry. (I tried that later again for a group shiny hunt because I didn't have an open slot at the time...bah xD)

And all the confusion about the special SWSH entry you had to use instead of the normal one.

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Nov 7 2014, 07:26 PM
Post #8

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

I joined back in '09 within the first couple of months the site was up. I remember that July there was this huge drop when all of the unvalidated accounts were deleted. There were shinies, legends, novelties, pretty much everything. I got my first Dialga and Cresselia from that drop.

I also miss the way they show the eggs hatching. Once they had this separate window open where you hatch the eggs and one at a time, the hatched Pokemon would appear. I felt it gave you a little suspense as to whether you have hatched a shiny or not.

Then there was the many different methods of clicking. First, Opera was the main browser to mass-click on thanks to Ride The Lightning's guide. Then there was SigmaJargon's Greasemonkey script which allowed us to open Pokemon as tabs, which led the site to implementing a similar feature. Now we use Chrome more often!

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Nov 7 2014, 07:43 PM
Post #9

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

Oh, man.

I remember the vertical Pokémon party view. Honestly, I barely remember anything else about the original look of the site since I joined back in May of 2009. I do remember not even bothering with tabs and just clicking a Pokémon and manually returning to the party. Ugh.

I remember the legendary events where Wymsy added a legendary to the parties of those who were online during a certain time. Of course, it wasn't guaranteed. Oh, and Lugia was the event Pokémon like a day after I joined, and I didn't get it! I was so sad.

Then there was the Snaplinks method of clicking. And of course, opening like 200 tabs.

The huge account wipe was probably the reason I got some new legendaries from the Safari Zone. I was SO excited because I thought I'd never get them again. xD Of course, this was before Explorations were a thing.

And on a more personal note, I remember uh... not dating a particular admin but fawning over her avatar for a while. Heh...

This post has been edited by Synx Itax: Nov 7 2014, 07:44 PM

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Ateez
post Nov 7 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 329

Favorites

And for the legendary events, you could only obtain one. If you wanted to try for a certain pokemon, you'd have to fill up your party on the days that another legend was given out. That old system was fun in a suspenseful way; waking up the next day and finding an egg in your party was the best feeling!

I've been on the site for five years so it's interesting to see how far certain things (like interacting with other users and obtaining legends) have come.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rozy 14
post Nov 7 2014, 08:43 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 37 860

We Love Clicks!

I joined back in 2009 also cat.gif I remember when you went to the shelter before it was split into eggs only and the safari zone and seeing the egg I wanted, getting all excited and clicking... only to find that a moving pokemon has just jumped in front of my cursor right at the moment so I've ended up with the pokemon instead of the egg irritated.gif" But it was hilarious all the same grin.gif

Snap links for the win! (I still use it hahaha)

This post has been edited by Rozy 14: Nov 8 2014, 06:07 AM

--------------------
Rozy 14 woz eya:-->x catching Pokémon as you read her post walloftext.gif heybaby.gif
Special thanks to TheGreenTerror for this amazing banner!

Rozy 14's Party Loves Clicks!
Custom Egg by Numbah 893
"Hi! I'm Courielle! Click me to go to DJ Daniel 12's Party!"
Special Thanks goes to Freyate for the awesome Eevee Sprite!

Awesome Groups I'm Honoured To Be A Part Of! (click to show)

My Pokemon Personality (click to show)

Special Thanks to Nayz for my avatar profile picture woot.gif
+Quote Post

Redtha
post Nov 7 2014, 09:31 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Manah @ Nov 7 2014, 06:36 PM) *
QUOTE(Redtha @ Nov 7 2014, 10:20 PM) *

And threads with weird titles!
I got my first legendary from one of those events. <3

Many people would only click you back as many times as you clicked them, there was the berry recorder, and for my first shiny hunt I had to keep track of my hatched eggs in a journal entry. (I tried that later again for a group shiny hunt because I didn't have an open slot at the time...bah xD)

And all the confusion about the special SWSH entry you had to use instead of the normal one.

One-clickers, mass clickers, and proper berry feeders. And everyone specifying which they were in the journal and sig.

QUOTE(Ratt @ Nov 7 2014, 08:04 PM) *
And for the legendary events, you could only obtain one. If you wanted to try for a certain pokemon, you'd have to fill up your party on the days that another legend was given out. That old system was fun in a suspenseful way; waking up the next day and finding an egg in your party was the best feeling!

I've been on the site for five years so it's interesting to see how far certain things (like interacting with other users and obtaining legends) have come.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the only one legend each giveaway. Nothing worse than waiting until that last day for the legend you really want only to not get it which meant you wasted your chance at the other legends.

Snaplinks! I was going to mention that but I couldn't remember the name. It was so useful before the user list was changed. Mass clicking is so much easier now. IIRC before it took a few hours to get a few hundred clicks and now that can be done in a few minutes.

This post has been edited by Redtha: Nov 7 2014, 09:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cajun
post Nov 7 2014, 09:47 PM
Post #13

Doing alright. Hope you are too~
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 775

Still miss y'all

I licked a Wooper and now my Journal is melting.

--------------------
Inactive but still drop by sometimes.
Best contact is @Cajun#5683 on Discord.

Even when all hope is lost, we will never surrender
And when the music finally ends, you'll always remember
Never. Stop. Dancing.

+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Nov 7 2014, 09:57 PM
Post #14

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

You know it's stuff like this that makes me wish I found this site sooner. To see all the changes and such. But if I had would I have met the friends I've made on here? Would I have had so many great experiences as I've had? Perhaps, but as that never happened, I'll just have to live with it. I sure hope this site won't be forgotten in the next few years, if the decrease in activity is anything to go by.

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Redtha
post Nov 7 2014, 09:58 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Cajun @ Nov 7 2014, 09:47 PM) *

At first I was confused because I thought this was spam until I remembered, lol. That was a weird fad. Where did it even come from?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Nov 7 2014, 10:29 PM
Post #16

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

Oh yes, the legend events. I was very unlucky with those. I hardly got anything. I remember getting one of the first Bidofos though. I remember there was a way to tell which ones were Bidoofs and which ones were Bidofos in the Daycare, but they fix that to prevent it. Back to the legends, I was very happy that Wymsy changed it so only people who got a certain activity score the day before (or was it that day) or gotten a certain number of interactions were qualified to receive one to counter the users who would only log on to get the legend and never get around to hatching it or anything.

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Cajun
post Nov 7 2014, 10:40 PM
Post #17

Doing alright. Hope you are too~
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 775

Still miss y'all

QUOTE(Redtha @ Nov 7 2014, 08:58 PM) *
QUOTE(Cajun @ Nov 7 2014, 09:47 PM) *

At first I was confused because I thought this was spam until I remembered, lol. That was a weird fad. Where did it even come from?
Wymsy and her friends. It kicked off a bunch of similar ones until "The future is round. The future is now." with the new site.

--------------------
Inactive but still drop by sometimes.
Best contact is @Cajun#5683 on Discord.

Even when all hope is lost, we will never surrender
And when the music finally ends, you'll always remember
Never. Stop. Dancing.

+Quote Post

Akane Kurashiki
post Nov 8 2014, 07:43 AM
Post #18

My little shadow familiar can't be this cute
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 553

Favs <3

I remember those times when the Shelter was flooded with Eevee and Diglett eggs. You would go there and see nothing but red noses and fluffy collars.

And yeah, the old events. I got a Lugia and I somehow got Clone Bulba despite not having internet at the time and logging in only when I could.

--------------------
I get so many things I don't deserve

+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Nov 8 2014, 09:12 AM
Post #19

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

Previous Skin Style (click to show)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Illusione Tempus
post Nov 8 2014, 09:53 AM
Post #20

Addicted to Dragalia Lost
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5 314

Milotic

QUOTE(ShrapnelStars @ Nov 8 2014, 09:12 PM) *
Previous Skin Style (click to show)

Remember when they were only red and gray?

I really remember back when simply finding a Pokemon floating around the shelter is enough to make one jump.

Also, back when we had to rely on Cypress drops, the lab and those events that require you to be active in order to obtain a legendary.

And remember when Dracowymsy, Crystal Onix, Easter Buneary and Zergoose were the only novelties? (At least, back when I first joined)

And man do I remember the snaplinks. It was the fastest way for anyone to mass click back then.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:05 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.