Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
GPX+ Nostalgia
Silberchen
post Nov 8 2014, 10:01 AM
Post #21

Floofy Friend
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 150 656

A lighthouse

Oh man oh man someone found a screenshot of the old site! horrified.gif
I read the first few posts and was a little sad that I couldn't seem to remember it even though I remember the excitement of going through the layout change.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Nov 8 2014, 12:22 PM
Post #22

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

This was how the site was for all you new people back in 2009!

I could access regular gpx but there was only various screenshots, but that's what the party looked like. The reason you can't see any images is due to a different system to link to eggs etc now ~

Shrapnel's link was when we got the new site in Feb 2010. Had to have 25k interactions total to be able to beta test (remember clicking my arse off to be able to access it lol)

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Hound
post Nov 8 2014, 03:21 PM
Post #23

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 34 864

Favorites

I joined back in June 2009. Definitely remember the old legendary/novelty distribution method with having to have an open spot in your party and have logged on in the past two weeks or so to be eligible. That's how I got my Darkrai egg.

Other than that and the simplicity (no shiny hunts, explorations, trinkets, etc.), I don't really remember a whole lot. I took a lot of long breaks.
+Quote Post

Larryturbo
post Nov 8 2014, 03:22 PM
Post #24

It doesn't work? Yeah, that was on purpose.
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 805

The one the only

Back in the vertical days...

When the daycare did most of the work and the oblivious to programs like Snaplinks the so called ''One-Clickers'' roamed the site.

When the shelter still had those cute background images with the occasional white and yellow egg that no one had ever seen and when eggs where not limited to one per page and you could see in what stage they were.

When hatched pokemon were so rare that when July happened I was so stunned that I had to take a video of it thinking that I would never get to witness something like it again.

And when you woke up on the first of every month earlier to see if a legendary egg had appeared in your party.

The other big chapter in my Gpx+ memory folder is when Gen5 was released.

It was so fun, it was perfect. A handful of new eggs every week on a special shelter tab with every new egg appearing as a regular egg so you never new what you got but it was new and it was awesome and they should have done it with Gen6 as well it made every egg a lot more memorable.

(I still use the defult red-grey)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Nov 8 2014, 08:19 PM
Post #25

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

I also just remembered when there was no Safari Zone and they only showed 30 or so species of eggs at a time.

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Eucharistica
post Nov 9 2014, 01:00 AM
Post #26

Flooooon
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 832

Active Squad

dracowymsys and dittos being the rarest thing in existence

the daily reset ban drop (hngggg)

--------------------

19th Dec, 2011 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Redtha
post Nov 9 2014, 11:28 AM
Post #27

http://redtha.tumblr.com/
Group Icon

Member No.: 70 032

Active Squad

QUOTE(Eucharistica @ Nov 9 2014, 01:00 AM) *
dracowymsys and dittos being the rarest thing in existence

the daily reset ban drop (hngggg)

For awhile I had every non-legend and novelty except Ditto (and the complete set of Unown) because of how rare they were.

I remember the ban drop. I'd stay up sometimes just so I'd be able to grab some Pokemon that way.

--------------------
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Nov 9 2014, 11:54 AM
Post #28

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Survivalism @ Nov 8 2014, 11:22 AM) *
This was how the site was for all you new people back in 2009!

I could access regular gpx but there was only various screenshots, but that's what the party looked like. The reason you can't see any images is due to a different system to link to eggs etc now ~

Shrapnel's link was when we got the new site in Feb 2010. Had to have 25k interactions total to be able to beta test (remember clicking my arse off to be able to access it lol)

I remember seeing journal entries like the one you linked, in which people listed all the Pokemon they wanted and inevitably included several Legendaries and/or Shinies, and my jaded self always thought, "Fat chance..."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Nov 9 2014, 07:00 PM
Post #29

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

Remember when doing 1k clicks in a day was a really big deal? And then Matt discovered a faster way to click, and so many people thought he just had to be using a script in order to do 20k a day.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jen
post Nov 9 2014, 10:37 PM
Post #30

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

^ yes. Poor Matt. :(

That reminds me that me and a group of friends would always race at reset to get on the board within those first five minutes. haha. Now there's something that I miss doing.

I kind of miss how rare legends used to be. They're everywhere now, and don't ever feel as special anymore. The very first egg I got in one of the old events was a Darkrai back in Oct. '09. I was so excited since he is one of my favorite legendaries.

I never clicked one clickers back. Screw those guys. rofl

I feel like voting events can be counted as nostalgia at this point. :( I miss those. Especially the dress up contests, since I could actually participate in those! haha

The raffle that would happen on New Years Eve to get random legends. That was always a lot of fun, but I think it's been two years now since the last one. ):

--------------------

+Quote Post

Teen Bulma
post Nov 9 2014, 11:38 PM
Post #31

Survival Horror addict
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 002

Favs

I remember when Wymsy released a bunch of mew eggs into the shelter and I got like 2 or 3 and people were so pissed at me. I released them all afterward except the first one, but it was before there was a limit on how many in a party i think?

heres some screencaps of some of the older versions

Spoiler (click to showhide)

I'm really sad I wasn't here at the very beginning but I joined pretty soon after. LJ blew up with the site and all of a sudden everybody on Pokemon Collectors was playing haha

And I recall when I first joined that finding items was soooo easy. I would get so many stones daily it was crazy

This post has been edited by Teen Bulma: Nov 9 2014, 11:40 PM

--------------------
Shinies (click to show)

+Quote Post

emberwing
post Nov 10 2014, 01:02 AM
Post #32

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 910

Active Squad

I registered early April '09 and MAN do I remember. I got bored and drifted off for two years and am now getting back into the swing of things. I remember using snaplinks and firefox to mass click.

I remember sweating bullets the first time I tried summoning an egg in the lab, searching desperately for a description that sounded, i dunno, legend-like and related to what I had summoned (I think it was an Ho-Oh?) and then just letting out this huge sigh of relief when I got it. There was also one time I coordinated with another user for them to drop a Darkrai in the shelter. It had to be timed PERFECTLY. It was basically the nest best thing to trading (I think the magic wait time was 5 minutes before it appeared in the shelter?)

Oh man, last thing, but the unvalidated accounts drop was INSANE. Everyone went MENTAL.

--------------------

Shiny Snorunt in under 20 tries!

Official Stalker for Blue Moons- A place for shiny legendaries/novelties
+Quote Post

Redtha
post Nov 11 2014, 07:13 AM
Post #33

http://redtha.tumblr.com/
Group Icon

Member No.: 70 032

Active Squad

I remember when they made changes to the PC and it made it easier to move Pokemon around.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Illusione Tempus
post Nov 16 2014, 01:00 AM
Post #34

Addicted to Dragalia Lost
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 314

Milotic

QUOTE(Survivalism @ Nov 9 2014, 12:22 AM) *

Vertical parties are long gone...

Remember how we had to rely on finding items on the site just to evolve a Pokemon before the shop was introduced?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mornington Cresc...
post Feb 1 2015, 01:35 PM
Post #35

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 930

Favourites

I remember the old event system of distributing eggs! I actually got a Registeel and Darkrai that way (and that Registeel took me over a month to hatch! It would take me maybe a coupla days or less nowadays.

I remember those vertical parties and the mess of usernames underneath that stretched your page. I never clicked "one-clickers" back, and I recognise a few names these days as people who are "reformed one-clickers!" There's no reason to do that any more. I do still have Snaplinks installed, though!

I do recall when weather was first implemented and I really hated it because it seemed so stupid and pointless. It also seemed like it was fog more often than it wasn't!

There was also a big fuss when the SWSH was Pichu, but then the reward was a Blue Stone. Everyone was expecting Notch-Ear Pichu and when it wasn't, there was some disappointment! But that was when the SWSH only featured one Pokémon. I think it's much better now that it's three!

Gotta say, though, I don't miss the old site skins where you just picked one colour and the whole theme was that colour. Being able to customise your skin is way better and it looks so much better!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cajun
post Feb 6 2015, 07:27 PM
Post #36

Doing alright. Hope you are too~
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 775

Still miss y'all

The Great Day of Click, and it's older brother, 11/11/11 at 11 o'clock.

--------------------
Inactive but still drop by sometimes.
Best contact is @Cajun#5683 on Discord.

Even when all hope is lost, we will never surrender
And when the music finally ends, you'll always remember
Never. Stop. Dancing.

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Feb 22 2015, 11:14 AM
Post #37

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

Now and then(Oct. 4th 2011).
Spoiler (click to showhide)

It's interesting how we do about the same amount interactions, but used to do 2-3 timed more of basically everything else.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Mattman The Come...
post Mar 7 2015, 03:27 PM
Post #38

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 104 425

My Favorites

I remember first discovering this site on my 10th Birthday from another site that I still frequent, my early days consisted of me getting EVERY non-first evolution, Novelty, and Legendary I saw, doing most of the breeding achievements, and the Hard to get acheivement. I almost never clicked. My first shiny hunt was for a fall deerling, which is now a sawsbuck (He returned from a spelunking on my 14th birthday lol). I also took a break for about a year.

This post has been edited by Mattman The Comet: Mar 7 2015, 03:29 PM

--------------------
There was an attempt

-------

+Quote Post

Inuzuka28
post May 25 2015, 09:25 AM
Post #39

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 782

My SoulSilver team

Sorry for commenting now since this thread's been inactive for a while but I've been on GPX+ since the day after it started and no-one seems to have said this yet:

I remember when interactions gave a fixed amount of maturity, it was originally 60 maturity per interaction but was then reduced to 40. (For eggs at least)
I also remember when there were an insane amount of Unown eggs in the Lab which I now regret not getting...
+Quote Post

Serend
post May 25 2015, 01:16 PM
Post #40

Ready to roll.
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 046

Round Things

I remember when mass clicking was rather hard and required the usage of FireFox OR Chrome, as well as several add-ons, and of course there were several guides on the forum.

I also remember when the shelter had both eggs and Pokemon, when we could only get so many Unova eggs per day, and of course, the events, which are no replaced by explorations.

Ah, the old days of gpx+.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:08 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.