Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Clones now part dark?, Is this a glitch?
allegrezzaAnima
post Feb 10 2011, 11:57 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 120 969

HeartGold Team

Okay, so, I use my Clones in battle. All today I have been using my Char Clone, and just now I noticed that she has dark type attacks now instead of flying. At first I thought this might be a fluke, but after the battle I checked her info and sure enough- she is now fire/dark. And not only that, the other Clones are also part dark?

This makes no sense to me. They shouldn't be part Dark just because they are clones. They are based on the Clones in the movies, who are exactly like their counterparts, they just look different and are supposedly more powerful.

I don't like this.

--------------------

That's right; We'll meet each other again for sure, and we'll raise a cross on the reasons we buried long ago~
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Letan
post Feb 11 2011, 12:03 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Seraphi @ Feb 10 2011, 11:57 PM) *
Okay, so, I use my Clones in battle. All today I have been using my Char Clone, and just now I noticed that she has dark type attacks now instead of flying. At first I thought this might be a fluke, but after the battle I checked her info and sure enough- she is now fire/dark. And not only that, the other Clones are also part dark?

This makes no sense to me. They shouldn't be part Dark just because they are clones. They are based on the Clones in the movies, who are exactly like their counterparts, they just look different and are supposedly more powerful.

I don't like this.

GPX-related threads belong in the GPX section. Moved.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

allegrezzaAnima
post Feb 11 2011, 12:05 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

HeartGold Team

QUOTE(Letan @ Feb 11 2011, 12:03 AM) *
QUOTE(Seraphi @ Feb 10 2011, 11:57 PM) *

I don't like this.

GPX-related threads belong in the GPX section. Moved.

Oh, sorry, thank you for moving it.

--------------------

That's right; We'll meet each other again for sure, and we'll raise a cross on the reasons we buried long ago~
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Feb 11 2011, 12:18 AM
Post #4

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

This is correct, it's to differentiate them from the regular versions - no sense having them be almost the exact same, yup yup.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

allegrezzaAnima
post Feb 11 2011, 12:23 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

HeartGold Team

QUOTE(Big Bidoof @ Feb 11 2011, 12:18 AM) *
This is correct, it's to differentiate them from the regular versions - no sense having them be almost the exact same, yup yup.

I'd think the appearance makes them different enough- in that case, what about the other novelties based on regular Pokemon? Why haven't their types changed?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Darck
post Feb 11 2011, 01:17 AM
Post #6

The Demon of Darkness, GTS+ PL Dark Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 1 539

Dark gym

Clearly, you don't have a Shadow Lugia, a Fake Groudon, Primal Dialga, or Crystal Onix/Steelix.. Or for that matter an Easter Buneary/Lopunny... Their types have all changed as well.

--------------------
[align=center]
Click me ---><--- Please

[spoiler=GTS+PL]

[/spoiler]
[/align]
+Quote Post

allegrezzaAnima
post Feb 11 2011, 01:28 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

HeartGold Team

QUOTE(Darck @ Feb 11 2011, 01:17 AM) *
Clearly, you don't have a Shadow Lugia, a Fake Groudon, Primal Dialga, or Crystal Onix/Steelix.. Or for that matter an Easter Buneary/Lopunny... Their types have all changed as well.

I've only been a member since November, so, clearly not. And I only noticed when the Clones changed because I was battling with them at the time they were changed.

I'm just saying, i don't think changing the Clones' types makes any sense because in the movie they come from they are exactly the same, they just look different.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Glameow
post Feb 11 2011, 01:49 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 426

Hot Shots

Meh. They were cloned for a sinister-ish purpose. The clones were attacking their 'good' counterparts just like Mewtwo was fighting Mew. Mewtwo ended up being good but he and the clones were "bad" in a sense for a good part of it. So it kinda makes sense if you think about it. happy.gif

Edit: At least, from what I remember of it.

--------------------
2 shinies and counting
~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~

~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~
*click click click*
thrust.gif Keepin' it real thrust.gif
+Quote Post

allegrezzaAnima
post Feb 11 2011, 01:58 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

HeartGold Team

QUOTE(Kittun @ Feb 11 2011, 01:49 AM) *
Meh. They were cloned for a sinister-ish purpose. The clones were attacking their 'good' counterparts just like Mewtwo was fighting Mew. Mewtwo ended up being good but he and the clones were "bad" in a sense for a good part of it. So it kinda makes sense if you think about it. happy.gif

Edit: At least, from what I remember of it.

Not really. Mewtwo wasn't evil, he was just misguided and angry- he felt justified that that way for him to live was to get rid of all the humans and create a world for himself and his fellow clones. None of them were evil, the other clones were just doing what they were told, and also felt self-justified that what they were doing was right. They felt it was what they had to do. The fact that Mewtwo saw what he was doing was wrong proves that he isn't 'evil'.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Glameow
post Feb 11 2011, 02:09 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 426

Hot Shots

;P My point is not inherently evil. It's more of... they were being bad. And of course they weren't trying to, but misguided and angry still isn't an exact excuse for what he did. Either way, they were 'darker' versions of the Pokemon they represented. Being a clone was more... sinister in of itself, even if the clones weren't themselves. Scientists had created Mewtwo through science and that was kinda... evil in a way (not taking this to real life issues obviously, in case someone thinks that. Just through the movie).

--------------------
2 shinies and counting
~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~

~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~
*click click click*
thrust.gif Keepin' it real thrust.gif
+Quote Post

Tatzelwyrm
post Feb 11 2011, 03:12 AM
Post #11

Why do we always fight for the right of way, right away?
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 853

Active Squad

I really.. don't see a problem with it. Sure, the clones were inspired by the first pokemon movie, but why do they have to completely match their movie counterparts? You could also say that dark types didn't exist then, but it's entirely plausible for them to have the dark typing, since 2nd gen did change various things when dark/steel types were introduced. Bite changing from a normal type to a dark type attack is an example that comes to mind. Something new came out, things were tweaked. This is really not that different. Battle Tower came out (Not completely), things were tweaked to adjust to a new feature.

|: /scratches chin

--------------------

The suppression of uncomfortable ideas
may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge;
it has no place in the endeavor of science.

- Carl Sagan
+Quote Post

Love
post Feb 11 2011, 03:28 AM
Post #12

If love is a labor, I'll slave till the end
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 047

Active Squad

I think it's a neat, fitting change (change? I never paid attention to types before the battle tower). Now there's actually a reason to use a Clone over a normal one aside from just wanting a full Novelty or Legendary party. =P Even if it's not entirely "canon".

This post has been edited by Sawsbuck: Feb 11 2011, 03:31 AM

--------------------

Married on May 8, 2011!
Past names: Fearow, Mewtu, Mebukijika, Sawsbuck, Truth
+Quote Post

Knightlord64
post Feb 11 2011, 03:57 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 568

Active Squad

I think its a pretty neat addition, otherwise no one would even touch most of the novelty counterparts.

--------------------

Help my party grow? I'll click back when I get the chance happy.gif
+Quote Post

FaerieFallen
post Feb 11 2011, 11:03 AM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 119

Active Squad

*blinks* I'd never even noticed... and I have a few clones in my PC! *runs off to look*

--------------------

+Quote Post

bluejay100
post Feb 11 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 111

Favorite Pokemon

I agree that changing the types of the novelties helps make them more unique, although sometimes I feel like maybe a significant stat change is all that's really needed.

--------------------
My party.
+Quote Post

The Final Pam
post Feb 11 2011, 05:29 PM
Post #16

Darkrai Fan Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 74 191

Dream party

By adding dark to the clones and changing the whole... Bruhaha. I believe they should make Winter Vulpix Fire/Ice...

Idk just saying
+Quote Post

Rosalyn
post Feb 11 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 946

Faves

QUOTE(Articrai @ Feb 11 2011, 04:29 PM) *
By adding dark to the clones and changing the whole... Bruhaha. I believe they should make Winter Vulpix Fire/Ice...

Idk just saying

I've often thought the same thing about winter vulpix, a fire/ice type would be awesome to see.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Nyara
post Feb 12 2011, 02:29 AM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 894

Active Squad

QUOTE(Articrai @ Feb 11 2011, 02:29 PM) *

Idk just saying

I agree- and Fire/Ice sounds like an awesome combination.

--------------------
+Quote Post

pyreflydust
post Feb 12 2011, 10:24 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 432

Watergun Army

I actually think this is pretty cool, though I wish there had been an announcement (if there was, I totally missed it) because I keep anything under 100 in boxes based on what weather they should be in the vs seeker in and you can imagine charizard clone losing its flying type makes it less useful in windy weather and venusaur in rain doesn't work if it's not poison.

QUOTE(Articrai @ Feb 11 2011, 05:29 PM) *

Idk just saying

I agree with this so much.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Superbob
post Feb 12 2011, 12:57 PM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 547

Active Squad

QUOTE(Articrai @ Feb 11 2011, 05:29 PM) *

Idk just saying
I think fire and ice would cause to much type advantages.

Fire would cause ice to only be weak to fighting and rock (since steel and fire will go from 2x to 1x because of the Fire half) and the Ice would cause the fire to only be weak to Rock (since water/ground will go from 2x to 1x because of the Ice half) which means only fighting and rock will be super effective against Winter Vulpix/Ninetales with a fire/ice typing.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:46 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.