Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Reasons for shiny hunting?, Completion? For nicknaming? Shards? Let's discuss!
miu
post Jun 6 2017, 06:35 AM
Post #21

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 182 742

Active Squad

Lemme check my Shine Recorder...

I'm currently shiny hunting Bulbasaur because I've already hatched shiny Charizard and Blastoise, and I want the full set of Kanto starters.

I haven't been working towards the other three hunts that I have active: Gulpin for the achievement, and Ponyta and Present Drifloon... I can't remember why I started these two grin.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

cuddlybadger
post Jul 5 2017, 11:12 PM
Post #22

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 236 494

Active Squad

I haven't done many shiny hunts but I really love some of the colorations that shinies have so that's my main drive.
Though I'm still looking for my shiny Tentacool because that was my first shiny I ever saw in game (it was in Fire Red) and I ran out of pokeballs so I couldn't catch it. Guess I'm just chasing after the one that got away in that respect!
+Quote Post

Dat Geechy Pie
post Jul 11 2017, 11:11 PM
Post #23

Local Pokemon Go player
Group Icon

Member No.: 238 846

FlameRaiderz

There are a lot of shinies that are simply beautiful. Take Alolan Ninetales for example: I was so charmed by it that I was happy when it came up in the previous SWSH, but didn't obtain my shiny until the hunt ended. However, I was still happy about my shiny.
You can view her here.

--------------------
+Quote Post

swuff
post Aug 8 2017, 12:14 AM
Post #24

swuff★
Group Icon

Member No.: 94 697

Sheer

Right now I'm doing a shiny race against my sister to help keep me attached to this game and as a friendly competition of sorts. Currently doing Sandygast and I'm pretty sure I'm the only person actually breeding these dumb sandcastles on the site.

--------------------
"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future."
-Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Aug 8 2017, 12:26 AM
Post #25

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

My most common reason for shiny hunting is for nicknames. Whether it's after fictional characters, tributes to pets, or just bad puns. I also like to have counterparts for all my self-caught shinies from the canon games. Lastly, I've decided to challenge myself to get shinies of all the non-legendary megas. I realized I already had several, so why not go all the way?

My current shine recorder hunts:

Charmander, Shuppet, and Beldum: Need their megas still.
Pink, Black, and White Magikarp: I like their shiny colors, and I still need to go for Undaunted.
Gulpin: Pokii's Rage
Skarmory: I want a male to name after one of my OCs.
Pikipek: I temporarily cancelled this one to make room for one of the Magikarp hunts, since I couldn't resist the temptation to pick up multiple colors. Anyway, I want a shiny Toucannon named Bi Bi Birdie.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Aug 14 2017, 03:02 PM
Post #26

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

I like hunting shinies mostly for their 'rarity' factor. And because it gives me a good excuse for nicknaming 'mons after colors. Especially colors I like. tongue.gif But the big reason is I just like shinies. happy.gif

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Aug 16 2017, 05:21 PM
Post #27

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

I'm an avid shiny hunter in the actual games, so I suppose it only makes sense that that would carry over to GPX+. Of course, I have way more shiny Pokemon on those actual games than on here haha.

..Speaking of shiny hunting, I'm trying to save up to get at least a few Shine Expansions. 4 slots just isn't enough sometimes. But I'm trying to finish my current official hunts [Dewpider, Brown Jump Karp, Hoppip] first. Dewpider I'm just hunting because I love its shiny coloration/I got tired of actually playing Moon a while back, so why not hunt for it on an adoptable site, Jump Karp I'm hunting because I still need Undaunted + I wanted to see what the shiny looks like [though some people have posted theirs on the shiny thread already, so there's that], and I'm looking for Hoppip because it was on my eventual hunt list for a solid several years and from the moment I saw the character Joseph from Dream Daddy, I immediately thought of shiny Jumpluff.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Meezerqueen
post Aug 30 2017, 08:21 PM
Post #28

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 234 785

Gen 4 Team

I'm actually in a shiny race against my girlfriend!

My big reason for shiny hunts: I really love the colors of the ones I actually shiny hunt, or the colors of their shiny evolutions--like I love most shiny eeveelutions because they're my favorite colors. Shiny litten--that one is because I love the colors completely.
+Quote Post

inverse
post Sep 2 2017, 12:14 AM
Post #29

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 231 601

Active Squad

for me part of it is just the satisfaction of finally completing a hunt and because it's something to do, but mostly it's because i really love either the Pokemon or the shiny version of it!
+Quote Post

Sonourufu
post Sep 2 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #30

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 222 080

Active Squad

Partly shards, mostly just to fill the shiny dex, though I'm definitely tracking my sprite dex much more avidly. Currently, the only purpose of hunting is to try to free up a slot for the SWSH so I don't have to cancel and restart a hunt headache.gif

This post has been edited by Sonourufu: Sep 4 2017, 01:23 PM

--------------------
Latest Shiny: 9-9-17
+Quote Post

Ichthus
post Sep 6 2017, 05:12 AM
Post #31

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 251 132

Active Squad

I'm currently hunting for a Shiny Aron mainly because it is my favourite non-legendary Pokemon, especially its fully evolved form, Aggron and Mega-Aggron, and I love its colors, too.

--------------------

Shiny Morelull Pixel Art by Zuzu
Based on Ken Sugimori's Art for Morelull

+Quote Post

StarNightingale
post Dec 5 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #32

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 252 142

Some of my Favorites

For me it's something to do, I also don't have a lot of patience for it in the games. I use this site as sort of a time killer and hunting shinies gives me a goal to work for instead of being on here with nothing to do. So far I've only been shiny hunting for my favorites but sometimes I just get a shiny egg from the shelter so that's added to my collection. In fact, my first shiny on here was a shiny Rydon that I just got as an egg from the shelter.

--------------------
Currently Playing: Pokemon Pearl

Trinket Collection:
820/4121

Current Shiny Hunts

~Swablu - Currently at 180 eggs~
~Roggenrola - Currently at 125 eggs~ Cancled
~Jolteon - Currently at 27 eggs~
~Dratini - Currently at 10 eggs~
~SWSH Corsola - Currently at 8 eggs~

Completed Shiny Hunts
~Absol - 79 eggs~
~Eevee - 188 eggs~
~SWSH Electrike - 367 eggs~
~Vaporeon - 264 eggs~
~Flareon - 53 eggs~
~Mudkip - 402 eggs~
~SWSH Corsola - 105 eggs~
+Quote Post

Minimanta
post Feb 15 2018, 09:01 AM
Post #33

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 91 646

Active Squad

For completion for sure! That includes for shards too of course. Can't complete the dex without those.

--------------------
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
+Quote Post

SaltyMissingno
post Feb 15 2018, 03:01 PM
Post #34

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 245 980

Meme Team

I haven't done a shiny hunt yet, but when I do it'll be both for shards and because I'd love to have a living shiny dex at some point.

-Cries because a Missingno hunt would be pretty much impossible-
+Quote Post

SunnyB007
post Jan 6 2019, 09:46 PM
Post #35

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 256 185

Active Squad

i love shinies.... MY PRECIOUS!!

hunting for shinies is fun.

--------------------
Show your love to my little ones here:

+Quote Post

Plain Jane
post Jan 27 2019, 10:55 PM
Post #36

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 255 848

Active Squad

Doing it for the Shards is more of a secondary reason for me. I mainly just shiny hunt as a Sisyphean task, because to me it's the best activity to ensure maximum efficiency - I can hatch all the eggs at the same time and simply cycle through to the next batch. This also allows me to focus on building up interactions more and other such activities. There's also the simple desire to build up a trophy case of shinies, and eventually complete a Living Shiny Dex. The only other reason I can think of is that I like hunting for shinies of Pokemon I have a particular affinity of, or at least ones I enjoy the shiny form of; the Pokemon I've gotten shinies of in the games are ones I like to hunt for.

This post has been edited by vendyjane: Jan 27 2019, 10:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

DarkQuartz
post Apr 18 2019, 05:26 AM
Post #37

☆ Tired Edgy Artist ☆
Group Icon

Member No.: 241 529

<3

I mainly shiny hunt for the sense of accomplishment but I also love nicknaming, the colours and making stories for shiny Pokémon. My life is rather uneventful so it gives me something to do.

--------------------

Avatar of my Pokesona commissioned offsite.
+Quote Post

gregoryk
post May 20 2019, 01:56 AM
Post #38

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 257 023

Lil villains

i dont shiny hunt on gpx+ yet, but i do on another site (will remain unnamed to avoid possible rule break??) idk if theres really a tradeable money system here, so when i do start hunting here itll be just so i can collect them? i think my favourite shiny is PROBABLY chimchar line or the turtwig line

--------------------

gregory “ greg “ / 17 / english + german
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post May 20 2019, 03:36 PM
Post #39

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

@gregoryk : If you're asking whether or not Pokemon can be traded on this website, you are correct in assuming that they cannot. Neither can items.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Breech Loader
post Sep 29 2019, 10:13 AM
Post #40

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 228 368

Active Squad

If I don't hunt for Shinies I won't get the Shards I need for Death Of The World, and so my Pokedex will go incomplete.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:27 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.