Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
GTS help (platinum and Diamond), wi-fi related
Demi
post Apr 24 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #1

GRUMP
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 5 647

Active Squad

I hope this sort of thing goes here noes.gif It's wi-fi related so I guess so. If not sorry noes.gif

Now, I am having some issues with trading on my platinum game.

First off my connection is perfect I have no trouble connecting to wi-fi and trading on my diamond game.

I am at a temporary location (bro's house) where I can use wireless connection since I can't connect at my house :\

What the issue is:

Whenever I search for a pokemon and I have something that they want I am unable to trade.

What I mean by this is say I'm looking for a Glameow
I find a female Glameow with the offerer asking for a gible (ANY)

No gender requirements, no level requirements and I have said Gible which fits the requirements. I should be able to trade it right?

Wrong I am unable to. The pokemon is not highlighted like it should be if it meets the person's level and gender requirements.

Why is this? I have tried many types of potential trades that should have been possible.

Any help with this would be appreciated thank you
--------------------------------------------
EXTRA QUESTION. HALP?

While I'm here and not wanting to clutter these forums with multiple topics
on my diamond game while in the GTS I sometimes get the message "This pokemon cannot be offered for trade" or something like that. It's similar to my issue in platinum only I can select said requested pokemon but I get that blatant "NO!"

This seems to happen when I try to trade a legendary which someone is asking for whatever pokemon I'm seeking

Yes, they are hacked from my action replay (don't judge me I just wanted them for collection purposes I do not battle with them against other players... mosty since I'm lazy). I have codes to receive a mew, mewtwo, articuno, zapdos, moltres, lugia, ho-oh, latios, latias, celebi, rayquaza, groudon, kyogre, regice, regirock, registeel, deoxys, jirachi, phione, palkia, spiritomb and dragonair from the mining museum in oreburg city

All of them are level 20 and I have only been able to trade my Jirachi and Spiritomb (haven't tried Dragonair or Phione)

Do they have to be at a certain minimum level to be tradeable? Like 50, 70, 80, 100? I was able to trade Jirachi no problem but Mew and such are a no-go.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

SERAFIN
post Apr 25 2009, 05:21 AM
Post #2

BLEHHHHH
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 601

TUNNEL SNAKES RULE

I can't answer your first question as I don't use the GTS nor do I have Platinum, but I'll try to answer your second question:

There are certain measures set up on Nintendo's servers that can detect certain values in a hacked Pokémon that mark it as hacked, and thus disallow it in any online interaction apart from maybe direct trading.

If the Pokémon has a place found that doesn't match up with where you can actually find it, then they're going to be able to tell instantly that it's hacked.

For example, if all of those Pokémon were found in the Mining Museum and listed as such in their Summary, or all of them are at level 20, which is lower than you can find most of them normally, chances are most of them aren't going to get past the detections Nintendo has in place. It's far too obvious that they've been hacked with those factors - none of them have fossils and the level thing also comes into play.

However, some of them may get past because the detectors aren't perfect. This would explain why you could trade Jirachi and Spiritomb.

Unfortunately if you wish to trade these Pokémon you'll have to obtain them legitimately, although I can't blame you for wanting to get them for collection purposes. AR isn't my cup of tea but I honestly can't blame you, especially when I myself cannot obtain most of these Pokémon until I get Platinum and the Mystery Gift (I caught Dialga just fine myself, but had to get someone to give me a spare Deoxys they got from a Gamestop event).

This post has been edited by Hedj: Apr 25 2009, 05:24 AM

--------------------
~~~ ffffffffffffffff ~~~
+Quote Post

Lurora
post Apr 25 2009, 12:12 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 074

Awesometastic :D

I've also heard that in Platinum you can specify what region/country of the world you want your Pokemon from.
I'm not completely sure though, since I don't have Platinum, myself.

So... you might not be from the area they want the Pokemon from?

This post has been edited by Lurora: Apr 25 2009, 12:14 PM
+Quote Post

Demi
post Apr 29 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #4

GRUMP
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 5 647

Active Squad

@Hedj: Makes sense. Nintendo b&hammering them and such. I'm happy having my hax'd collection cat.gif I got lucky with Jirachi once but I dunno if I'd get that lucky again. For Spiritomb I guess it may have slipped by the detectors and registered as a pokemon that was hatched from an egg in the museum. That's just my theory anyway.

@Lurora: Wow.... if that's the case then that's just annoying. Never saw anything on the pokemon requirements box asking for something from say Brazil. Anyway I'm glad they aren't making it too specific and asking for natures along with level range, gender and location.

This pretty much solves my questions thank you ;3

--------------------
+Quote Post

Biolizard13
post Apr 30 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 664

Nebula

QUOTE(Lurora @ Apr 25 2009, 01:12 PM) *
I've also heard that in Platinum you can specify what region/country of the world you want your Pokemon from.
I'm not completely sure though, since I don't have Platinum, myself.

So... you might not be from the area they want the Pokemon from?

er...whenever I put up a Pokemon on GTS I never can get the option to get a Pokemon from a specific location
so that may not be the problem

@ Fate, I get the same problem too! shakefist.gif

--------------------

I'll try to level yours up too =3

Personality quizs (click to show)
+Quote Post

Sailorleo
post May 14 2009, 10:52 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 821

Active Squad

From what I remember, certain pokémon also cannot be traded over the GTS at all.

GTS.com didn't acknowledge Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus last time I was on the site, at the least.

--------------------

+Quote Post

cerberusnoise
post May 28 2009, 12:41 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 761

good pikachus

It's a Platinum-only bug... basically in Platinum, the level/gender requirements never show up. Sometimes gender does, but rarely level does. So look up the same pokemon on Diamond or Pearl, or just hope you have one that meets the requirements and gets highlighted.

Also, only Arceus can't be traded on GTS. if you upload one, it doesn't show up at all.

--------------------

My Sprite Splicing & Requests Thread

Clicks are most appreciated!
I click back up to at least an equal amount!
Click here to see my party.
+Quote Post

Slow Bro
post May 30 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #8

Take It Slow, Bro~
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 458

Slow...

first off, im going to answer both of your questions correctly, as i do infact have platinum and had diamond and pearl, and i do infact use the GTS system.

First Question ---

lets say you put up a pokemon to trade, and then request a pokemon. when requesting a pokemon, you can also set a specific level range for your pokemon, which are 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 61, 70, 71-80, 81-90, 91-99, and 100. the level that they are requesting the pokemon to be in does not show in the requested pokemon's stats, only the name and the gender. i do not baleive this is some kind of bug or error. also, he/she may select an area to receive the pokemon from.

@Foxes -
the gender doesnt show up because the other person isnt requesting a specific gender.

Second Question ---

have you ever posted a battle video with a hacked pokemon? i tried to post a battle video with a hacked delibird battling in it, and it prevented me from doing so. the same thing goes for the trading station as well. if you have ANY kind of pokemon that is not sapposed to have something (location, attack, ability, ect) it will prevent you from offering the pokemon. even the slightest thing that is cheated or is un-real will prevent you from putting the pokemon up for trade. as you explained, you tried to put up a legendary pokemon that you got from your action replay by going to the mining museum. think about it. if you check your legendary pokemon's location or where it came from, it should say the "Oreburg Mining Museum", and its impossible to get a deoxys, regirock, mewtwo, ect from a mining museum. >_>

this should fully answer your question.

This post has been edited by Delivery Bird: May 30 2009, 03:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:45 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.