Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Clauses, Agree?
Lord Raven
post Jun 14 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #21

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

FEAR only takes out one Pokemon before dying. That's all you need to know about its versatility.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Jun 14 2008, 11:50 PM
Post #22

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

That too, unless you do some tedious crap with Recycle, Wish, and so on, which isn't viable in the slightest in any battle.

Rattata can't even learn Recycle though, can it, so that isn't much of a problem.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Etnie
post Jun 14 2008, 11:55 PM
Post #23

GTS+PL Duskfall Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 030

Gym Team

Ubers - ok ubers are teh lame seriously. I don't mind playing against ubers but, I wont use them myself. This is about strategy and careful planning in the metagame not "oh snapz i got me legends and i'm gonna go pwn some newbs with lugia" Plus no offense to anyone but most people who use ubers are newbs. I'm not saying using ubers makes you a noob but if you were to walk up to a kid who never battled competitively and asked what would you use online? he/she would list a team of ubers/legends and their favorite pokemon (probably charizard)

all other clauses I agree with.

--------------------
[spoiler=My Badges]
[/spoiler]
[align=center]FC: 5284 7712 8844
[/align]
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 14 2008, 11:59 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Active Squad

Actually I wouldn't go as far as saying that only newbs use them. In competitive play were Ubers allowed, God forbid, even the experts would choose them. Because of the competitive concept known as "Playing to win," explained by David Sirlin far better than I can explain myself.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Hisashi Shoutai
post Jun 15 2008, 06:51 AM
Post #25

Old and Retired Bug Gym Leader!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 000

Old Bug gym

QUOTE(BidoofsAreSassy @ Jun 14 2008, 11:36 PM) *
Indeed, FEAR's pretty annoying indeed, though it's extremely easy to counter as well. Ghost types, sandstorm/hail, stealth rock/spikes, anything with priority, and other stuff as well.

A well planned team can wipe out ubers, however, a well-planned UU or NU team could wipe out a team of BLs or OUs, so this is really a moot point. There's always a certain amount of luck and strategy involved in this game, and if the UU team simply has superior strategy and stuff, and a skilled duelist, it could walk all over some OUs.

Also, using 5 legendaries isn't synonymous with pwn, since there are many legendaries that are just plain terrible. unsure.gif Legendary != Uber/a pokemon that's automatically good, which is a difference some people have trouble discerning.

Nothing really more to say about clauses that hasn't already been said, though. They balance out the game, and make it more strategical, as opposed to a mindless luckfest, at least in the case of the evasion clause.

hmm... My snorlax fianted cuz I pressed wrong button... Nubed it out there... hehehe ^^''
Now... I agree with pretty much your whole post... so nothing really big to say here...
However, I quoted because of this one below:

QUOTE(Captain Douglas Jay Falcon @ Jun 14 2008, 11:59 PM) *
Actually I wouldn't go as far as saying that only newbs use them. In competitive play were Ubers allowed, God forbid, even the experts would choose them. Because of the competitive concept known as "Playing to win," explained by David Sirlin far better than I can explain myself.

hmm... u know... there is a basic simple thing u can do that will make the whole "I use Ubers" thing almost vanish...
ROLE-PLAY! I use that here(even outfits) so the challengers have to as well... and thinking RP-wise... WHERE THE HELL WOULD A PLAYER GET A LUGIA? or any other legendary(uber) for that matter?
roleplaying not only makes the game fun, but also makes it have more sense and gives Life to your team.
when the player has to explain the story behind his team, like saving his starter from a flock of angry beedrils, or kicking a raged cubone out of the way to save a weak lil rioulu, it kinda creates a border on what the player CAN use and what he cannot... =x

--------------------
[align=center]Current Quest: Waiting...
[/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][spoiler=My Gym badges] [/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 15 2008, 02:18 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Active Squad

If that's the way you play, suit yourself.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 11:09 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.