Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Different Colored Pokemon, Should pokemon have more colors?
King Calamity
post May 9 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #1

Philosopher
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15 187

Wonders of Existence

We all know about the shiney pokemon that you can obtain in all of the pokemon games all of the pokemon games except red and blue, but is it enough?

What if you just find pokemon that are always different colors? Animals in the real world arent all just the same color, wouldnt it be better if that were the same on pokemon as well? What if there wasnt any actual DEFAULT color to pokemon, like how when you find a spinda on Ruby or Sapphire the dots are never in the same pattern on it. I think that would make pokemon an even more enjoyable game to play, especially with other people because it would add much more originality to it. Plus, who here has always wanted your favorite pokemon to be a more BA color? I know id like a silver lucario to use against other people. Do you think that the people who make pokemon should start doing this? If not, explain.

Also, as an extra, if youve always wanted your favorite pokemon to be a different color, list the pokemon and color changes.

This post has been edited by The Enigmatic Trainer: May 9 2009, 11:30 PM

--------------------

Previous Names:
The Enigmatic Trainer
SilverTheIronKnight

EGGS (click to show)

CREDITS (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

beldum
post May 9 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 477

/

We all know about the shiney pokemon that you can obtain in all of the pokemon games, but is it enough?

actually, shiny pokemon weren't introduced until generation two.

anyways,
i don't really think it would be any different, and catching shiny pokemon is just another adventure to the player. if every pokemon was a different color all the time, one less adventure. ;]

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dar Ksereth
post May 9 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 614

My favorite party

well, i am not sure about the mechs of red and silver, but some of the pokemon you caught on red, when transferred to gold, were shiny, just that red didn't show them

it's not that i don´t like the colors, but i would certainly change the sprite, has anyone seen machamp? copy-pasta arms

but a random color generator for shiny pokemon would be cool, but hell to hack XD

--------------------
The One and Only

Viral

you are compelled to poke them.
+Quote Post

Muirgen
post May 9 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #4

Pokemon Lover of all Kinds
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 988

Current SS Team

I kinda disagree, because if they started making many different colors of Pokemon, they would be making many sprites. And they would take too much time.

--------------------

Please click and feed and warm to help them grow.

My Soulsilver Dragonite (click to show)

Claimed Pokemon | Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Dar Ksereth
post May 9 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 614

My favorite party

not neccessarily, they could mak that the odds of seeing the normal colors is 1/8000.

then have a random color generator attached to the thing that makes pokmon be shiny.

then, that way, when a pokemon appears, the code generates a random color code, that gets saved to the pokemon (kinda like IV's and EV's) would still be heavy, but not as much as every pokemon in every combination

--------------------
The One and Only

Viral

you are compelled to poke them.
+Quote Post

Kai Reddtail
post May 9 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 999

My Top Six

I would kinda like that, dunno how easy it would be to implement though.

--------------------
Click! (click to show)
W00t! (click to show)

Please help Zoe reach level 100. She was named in memory of my wonderful canine family member that passed away on September 26th.

+Quote Post

King Calamity
post May 9 2009, 11:32 PM
Post #7

Philosopher
Group Icon

Wonders of Existence

QUOTE(Muirgen @ May 9 2009, 05:30 PM) *
I kinda disagree, because if they started making many different colors of Pokemon, they would be making many sprites. And they would take too much time.

it doesnt take much to just change the color

all im sayin is that i would enjoy it much more if the pokemon you catch all have some kind of individuality in apperence to them

This post has been edited by The Enigmatic Trainer: May 9 2009, 11:33 PM

--------------------

Previous Names:
The Enigmatic Trainer
SilverTheIronKnight

EGGS (click to show)

CREDITS (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kai Reddtail
post May 10 2009, 12:02 AM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

My Top Six

QUOTE(The Enigmatic Trainer @ May 9 2009, 11:32 PM) *
QUOTE(Muirgen @ May 9 2009, 05:30 PM) *

it doesnt take much to just change the color

all im sayin is that i would enjoy it much more if the pokemon you catch all have some kind of individuality in apperence to them

Yeah. It wouldn't have to be anything overly complicated.

It's not like you'd stumble on to a scarlet scyther with purple spots, and then a cyan blue one with tiger stripes and pink rune markings.

I'd settle happily for plain ol' recolors of the sprites.

--------------------
Click! (click to show)
W00t! (click to show)

Please help Zoe reach level 100. She was named in memory of my wonderful canine family member that passed away on September 26th.

+Quote Post

Flamer
post May 10 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #9

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 757

Faves

I wouldn't like it. The shiny Pokemon are enough for me. Recolours just seem stupid to put in an actual game.

--------------------

+Quote Post

King Calamity
post May 10 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #10

Philosopher
Group Icon

Wonders of Existence

QUOTE(Flamer @ May 10 2009, 07:02 AM) *
I wouldn't like it. The shiny Pokemon are enough for me. Recolours just seem stupid to put in an actual game.

so you wouldnt want to have a charizard that was neither black nor red?

--------------------

Previous Names:
The Enigmatic Trainer
SilverTheIronKnight

EGGS (click to show)

CREDITS (click to show)
+Quote Post

Flamer
post May 10 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Faves

No. I'm perfectly happy with the orange and black Charizard we have at the moment happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kai Reddtail
post May 10 2009, 11:03 AM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

My Top Six

Why does it seem stupid to you though?

Just because you're happy with the black and orange charizards doesn't mean everyone is. Maybe other people would be happy to have some different colored pokemon.

I think it would make things much more interesting and unique.

--------------------
Click! (click to show)
W00t! (click to show)

+Quote Post

Flamer
post May 10 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Faves

Firstly, its a waste of memory. DS cartridges aren't the biggest things in the world, and even if the successor to the DS that Gen 5 will most likely be released on has more memory on its cartdige, I'd much rather see it used for other stuff.

Secondly, look at games where you can unlock alternate colour versions of characters. How many of these alternate colours actually look nice, let alone better than thier originals. It would just get annoying having all these strange coloured Pokemon popping up all the time, when what you really want is the normal coloured Pokemon that everyone knows and loves.

Thirdly, it would make shinies pointless, as they'd just become another of the many colour variations.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bosco
post May 10 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #14

BROsco
Group Icon

Member No.: 21

Current FireRed Squad

Eh, I'm against change. :P Plus, trying to find shineys are a blast. happy.gif
+Quote Post

Kai Reddtail
post May 10 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #15

Gym Leader
Group Icon

My Top Six

QUOTE(Flamer @ May 10 2009, 11:15 AM) *
Firstly, its a waste of memory. DS cartridges aren't the biggest things in the world, and even if the successor to the DS that Gen 5 will most likely be released on has more memory on its cartdige, I'd much rather see it used for other stuff.

Whether it's a waste is a matter of opinion really. I don't think recolors would take up a huge amount of space. If they would then I agree. But if there's room on the cartridges and it doesn't detract memory that could be used for other features, why not?

Secondly, look at games where you can unlock alternate colour versions of characters. How many of these alternate colours actually look nice, let alone better than thier originals. It would just get annoying having all these strange coloured Pokemon popping up all the time, when what you really want is the normal coloured Pokemon that everyone knows and loves.

Again, matter of opinion. Maybe other people would be happy with the colors. If you're worried about it being too hard to get the original colors, they could just make it more likely to get the original colors.

Thirdly, it would make shinies pointless, as they'd just become another of the many colour variations.

Not necessarily. They could make the designated shiny color rarest of all.

The original colors would be the ones you're most likely to get, the recolors could be less common, and then the shinies could keep their super rareness.

It'd sorta be like albino animals. Many animals have different color variations but (in most species) albinism is extremely rare (partially because it's extremely detrimental to living the in the wild.)

This post has been edited by Kai Reddtail: May 10 2009, 11:41 AM

--------------------
Click! (click to show)
W00t! (click to show)

+Quote Post

Spearow
post May 10 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #16

the realest and cruelest
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 415

i can't do that dave

I don't know much about it but I doubt even the most advanced gaming technology has room for lots of different color variations.

Also, on your point of animals having color variation, I'm not a zoology expert but I believe there's not an extremely dramatic amount of variation in the wild. Animals evolve to blend in with their environment - the ones that stand out get picked off. Of course there are exceptions, but after a while the gene pool will undoubtedly be concentrated with whatever colors hide them from predators/prey or otherwise benefit them to the greatest extent. Dogs and horses and such have large variations in appearance, but they are domestic, and seeing as most Pokémon are still caught in the wild I don't know if that's a good analogy.

--------------------

you want to live when life is achingly unfair
+Quote Post

cookie lord puls...
post May 10 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #17

^da notched eared lucario^
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 208

me freinds =)

well im not really liking the idea but there could always be two shiny forms ehh
+Quote Post

Kai Reddtail
post May 10 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #18

Gym Leader
Group Icon

My Top Six

QUOTE(Spearow @ May 10 2009, 11:41 AM) *
I don't know much about it but I doubt even the most advanced gaming technology has room for lots of different color variations.

Also, on your point of animals having color variation, I'm not a zoology expert but I believe there's not an extremely dramatic amount of variation in the wild. Animals evolve to blend in with their environment - the ones that stand out get picked off. Of course there are exceptions, but after a while the gene pool will undoubtedly be concentrated with whatever colors hide them from predators/prey or otherwise benefit them to the greatest extent. Dogs and horses and such have large variations in appearance, but they are domestic, and seeing as most Pokémon are still caught in the wild I don't know if that's a good analogy.

We don't need lots, maybe just a couple. And like I said, if it takes too much memory away that could be used for other features, then yeah forget it. But if they have the room, I'd like it.

Yeah, but there are plenty of pokemon breeders, so it doesn't eliminate it entirely.

Color variation isn't widespread in every species for that reason, but have you ever opened an ID book for birds of prey? I own one. There are tons of phases, it makes identification a pain because ones from some areas look different than ones from other areas, and even within the same area there are different color variations.

Nothing durastic, mind you. It's usually a matter of darker, lighter or just a slighty different color. But this is where pokemon wouldn't imitate it exactly, because it'd be more fun to have different colors instead.

This post has been edited by Kai Reddtail: May 10 2009, 12:04 PM

--------------------
Click! (click to show)
W00t! (click to show)

+Quote Post

King Calamity
post May 10 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #19

Philosopher
Group Icon

Wonders of Existence

QUOTE(Spearow @ May 10 2009, 09:41 AM) *

im not sayin that we make pokemon all the different colors of the rainbow, just a few more alternate versions of pokemon colors.
they did just that with a few of the male/female pokemon

--------------------

Previous Names:
The Enigmatic Trainer
SilverTheIronKnight

EGGS (click to show)

CREDITS (click to show)
+Quote Post

Focus Aipom
post May 10 2009, 07:00 PM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 940

My Crystal Team

I think the regular pokemon and the rare shiny forms are enough for the colours. It will be quite annoying to see the same pokemon with different colours appearing.

--------------------
Thank you for helping my pokemon.

Click my pokemon and I will click yours in return.

GPS Groups:

I claim Shiny aipom.gif since normal aipom was already taken. I also claim marill.gif.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 08:11 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.