Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
25 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
December Community Thread, What are your holiday traditions?
Luneon
post Dec 30 2016, 07:18 AM
Post #461

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Tulaash @ Dec 30 2016, 03:45 AM) *
I've decided to watch the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command series. I watched it a lot online when I was younger, and I remember it being good (it still is). I'm not sure what Disney series I'll watch next. It's either going to be Lilo and Stitch or Aladdin, probably.

Hm I haven't watched Aladdin, but I remember that Lilo and Stitch was really funny when it was still on TV.

For a while this friend of mine has been saying that I should watch Magical Girl Raising Project so I put it on my to-watch-list for next year. Y'know when things are hopefully less hectic :P

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Munchlax
post Dec 30 2016, 07:35 AM
Post #462

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 9 953

Active Squad

QUOTE(Tulaash @ Dec 29 2016, 09:45 PM) *
I'm not sure what Disney series I'll watch next. It's either going to be Lilo and Stitch or Aladdin, probably.

Oh I loved Aladdin! But being older these days, I'm not sure how much it stands up to a binge-a-thon. Aladdin was (and still is) my most favorite Disney movie ever so I devoured the series like crazy when it aired back then.

I'll be staying at home for NYE, celebrate it with family (who'll probably sleep before the ball even drops). Some people are eager to see 2016 die but that means watching 2017 being born and who knows what awaits us down that long road.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Manah
post Dec 30 2016, 08:15 AM
Post #463

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

QUOTE(Munchlax @ Dec 30 2016, 01:35 PM) *
Some people are eager to see 2016 die but that means watching 2017 being born and who knows what awaits us down that long road.

There's a chance it's going to be at least a bit better, so people are probably just optimistic.

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Dec 30 2016, 10:21 AM
Post #464

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Manah @ Dec 30 2016, 02:15 PM) *
There's a chance it's going to be at least a bit better, so people are probably just optimistic.

2016 has been.... almost terrifyingly nice to me o_O
I don't think 2017 or any year can top 2016 tbh
So to be honest I am a little bit scared of 2017 being so nearby. I don't know what horrors will it bring....

A friend of mine who believes that everything related to the Chinese Zodiac is true, and according to his beliefs the birth zodiac years are the absolute worst in terms of luck.
He said that 2017 will be the year of the Rooster, which just so happens to be my birth year, and that I had to brace myself for a really bumpy ride.

I don't know how much to believe of that, though.
Zodiac predictions made about me tend to be wrong.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cryptic Lyric
post Dec 30 2016, 11:04 AM
Post #465

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 49 893

Favorites

Short day at work, and now to click like all hell to try and get more coins! Not like I'm gonna make it into the top five or anything, but I want to get as many as I can!

I'm currently reading A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge, and I am completely in love with this book. It's a shame that I will not be finishing it by the end of the year to meet my Goodreads goal, but it does mean I will be starting off the new year with a great book, so I'll take that!

As for New Year's Eve plans, I invited a few friends over to have some drinks, snacks, and play games like Cards Against Humanity and Fibbage with. It's going to be a small gathering, but I think it should be fun!

EDIT: As soon as I posted this, I hatched a Shiny Farfetch'd! So far this event has allowed me to hatch Popplio, Kangaskhan, Diglett, Magikarp, and now Farfetch'd. Not bad, if I do say so myself.

This post has been edited by Cryptic Lyric: Dec 30 2016, 11:07 AM

--------------------

Fan of most things nerdy. Currently obsessed with Critical Role, D&D, Sun Haven. Always in love with Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Pokemon (obviously), and a bunch of other things.
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Dec 30 2016, 11:08 AM
Post #466

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

There was a lot of stuff going wrong in 2016 on my end so I'll be glad that it is over in a few days. At least 2017 will be off to an excellent start when the end of January comes around. After 5 years I'll officially own my car which means I'll actually have money to save up. If I plan on moving at the end of March I'll need all the money I can get.

Well my Eevee only got second place, but the 6 prize points are sweet. I really need to save up prize points, I ended up spending all of them on the Kalos Starter Vouchers trying to get a female Litten(that I never got).

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Dec 30 2016, 11:50 AM
Post #467

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Cryptic Lyric @ Dec 30 2016, 05:04 PM) *
Short day at work, and now to click like all hell to try and get more coins! Not like I'm gonna make it into the top five or anything, but I want to get as many as I can!

I'm currently reading A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge, and I am completely in love with this book. It's a shame that I will not be finishing it by the end of the year to meet my Goodreads goal, but it does mean I will be starting off the new year with a great book, so I'll take that!

As for New Year's Eve plans, I invited a few friends over to have some drinks, snacks, and play games like Cards Against Humanity and Fibbage with. It's going to be a small gathering, but I think it should be fun!

EDIT: As soon as I posted this, I hatched a Shiny Farfetch'd! So far this event has allowed me to hatch Popplio, Kangaskhan, Diglett, Magikarp, and now Farfetch'd. Not bad, if I do say so myself.

Same here! I hope that I can get at least all scratchcards this time :P

So far I've just hatched a Shiny Magikarp and a Shiny Nidoran M
I'm still after the Nidoran F and then I'm just hatching things like Ditto or anything else I find in the shelter

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kazuko Himura
post Dec 30 2016, 01:04 PM
Post #468

Art by Yoova
Group Icon

Member No.: 243 702

Active Squad

QUOTE(Tulaash @ Dec 30 2016, 03:45 AM) *
I've decided to watch the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command series. I watched it a lot online when I was younger, and I remember it being good (it still is). I'm not sure what Disney series I'll watch next. It's either going to be Lilo and Stitch or Aladdin, probably.

Anyone know where I can legally watch Lilo and Stitch the series? Wasn't allowed to be watched on TV after a period of time thanks to my sister. Already found the first movie on Netflix.

QUOTE(Luneon @ Dec 30 2016, 07:18 AM) *
For a while this friend of mine has been saying that I should watch Magical Girl Raising Project so I put it on my to-watch-list for next year. Y'know when things are hopefully less hectic :P

I should get to watching it too (subbed, of course, due to casting).

QUOTE(Asbel Lhant @ Dec 30 2016, 11:08 AM) *
Well my Eevee only got second place, but the 6 prize points are sweet. I really need to save up prize points, I ended up spending all of them on the Kalos Starter Vouchers trying to get a female Litten(that I never got).

I ended up getting third place with a Porygon2. HOW!?!?

--------------------
Foobs.

Current Pokemon game goal:
All-ribbon Smeargle
Sites and things (click to show)
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Dec 30 2016, 04:45 PM
Post #469

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Yami No Yuugi @ Dec 30 2016, 07:04 PM) *

There's a dub already? oh.gif
Doesn't it normally take ages for a dub to happen?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Akane Kurashiki
post Dec 30 2016, 05:16 PM
Post #470

My little shadow familiar can't be this cute
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 553

Favs <3

QUOTE(Luneon @ Dec 30 2016, 10:45 PM) *

Dubs are quite fast nowadays, sometimes you get dubbed episodes like two weeks after the Japanese airing. I don't know if there's one for MagiPro, but the original cast is nice.

I enjoyed the series, for me it was one of the best shows this season. Went in expecting a Madoka knockoff, ended looking up translations of the novels =P

--------------------
I get so many things I don't deserve

+Quote Post

Kazuko Himura
post Dec 30 2016, 06:27 PM
Post #471

Art by Yoova
Group Icon

Member No.: 243 702

Active Squad

QUOTE(Luneon @ Dec 30 2016, 04:45 PM) *

IDK if there's a dub or not, I just know Megumi Ogata's in the sub (as Cranberry).

--------------------
Foobs.

Current Pokemon game goal:
All-ribbon Smeargle
Sites and things (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tulaash
post Dec 30 2016, 07:08 PM
Post #472

Tulaash, the Probably-Not-Well-Known
Group Icon

Member No.: 151 005

Some Favorites

QUOTE(m190049 @ Dec 29 2016, 08:23 PM) *
Is it spinning around in that small hole directly in front of the nursery? Because that's totally the best place. :p

Yep. That poor girl is probably wondering what is wrong with me.

QUOTE(Yami No Yuugi @ Dec 30 2016, 10:04 AM) *
Anyone know where I can legally watch Lilo and Stitch the series? Wasn't allowed to be watched on TV after a period of time thanks to my sister. Already found the first movie on Netflix.

I've been using Kisscartoon to watch all of my animated shows/movies. I think it's legal? A lot of people I know use it, and it's not like you can just turn the TV on and find some of these shows.

QUOTE(Munchlax @ Dec 30 2016, 04:35 AM) *
Oh I loved Aladdin! But being older these days, I'm not sure how much it stands up to a binge-a-thon. Aladdin was (and still is) my most favorite Disney movie ever so I devoured the series like crazy when it aired back then.

I've personally never seen it, but I have heard good things about it. I guess if I don't like it I can always just stop watching c:

--------------------
“New year, new me,” I say, laughing to my friends. Suddenly, I throw my arms out, golden light erupting from my hands and face. I scream in agony as every single cell in my body is rewritten, atom by atom. Abruptly, the light show ends and I drop my arms, coughing out a golden trail of residual energy. I am completely made new.

I am a Time Lord.

Where is Nebby?

This is exactly why babies should not be allowed to dual-wield flintlock pistols.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post Dec 30 2016, 09:39 PM
Post #473

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 890

pre-Gen V favs

I really want to know how many coins you need for the top prize. I'm aiming for 1500, but I'm worried Zerxer might up it to 2k.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Dec 30 2016, 11:34 PM
Post #474

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Gigadweeb @ Dec 31 2016, 02:39 AM) *
I really want to know how many coins you need for the top prize. I'm aiming for 1500, but I'm worried Zerxer might up it to 2k.

I think top prize might be a bit more than that, personally :v compared to the february event. Buuuuuut we'll find out in a few days. I guess for now just enjoy the event ~

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post Dec 30 2016, 11:51 PM
Post #475

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

pre-Gen V favs

QUOTE(x Sam @ Dec 31 2016, 02:04 PM) *
QUOTE(Gigadweeb @ Dec 31 2016, 02:39 AM) *

I think top prize might be a bit more than that, personally :v compared to the february event. Buuuuuut we'll find out in a few days. I guess for now just enjoy the event ~

bah, I can't enjoy it without knowing whether I'm guaranteed a shiny rayquaza ahaha

--------------------
+Quote Post

Esc
post Dec 30 2016, 11:59 PM
Post #476

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

Yeah I'm think about 2000+ for the top prize. Does anyone have any info on the new years raffle? Does today's activity count?

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Dec 31 2016, 12:16 AM
Post #477

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Esc @ Dec 31 2016, 04:59 AM) *
Yeah I'm think about 2000+ for the top prize. Does anyone have any info on the new years raffle? Does today's activity count?

Think the raffle is just based on NYD. I just checked the post about it, but no new info. I'd imagine we'd get some information later on today..

Seeing as Hanukkah ends on NYD I'd imagine the raffle would be reset on NYD.

e: Speaking of raffles, I won the community thread raffle. Sweet grin.gif

This post has been edited by x Sam: Dec 31 2016, 12:44 AM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Dec 31 2016, 12:57 AM
Post #478

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

I just finished the final scavenger hunt task. I used a Pidgey which was quick to boost up to the level I needed it to be. Was the first to finish 17/17 tasks.

I did so much clicking/hatching yesterday that I'm having cramps in my wrists. I managed to get 555 coins for all of yesterday thanks to it, boosting me up to a little over 1600 coins happy.gif. I'm probably not going to do a whole lot of egg hatching today due to no multiplier, but I'll try my best. I'm hoping to get to a little over 1700 coins before the end of it, it won't get me a shiny legend voucher but hopefully its enough for a regular shiny voucher. I'm probably not going to get one of those either but I'm not giving up hope.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post Dec 31 2016, 03:17 AM
Post #479

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

pre-Gen V favs

Hatch+ on New Years' might make this egghatching thing tolerable

we seriously need a base increase to maturity gains from interactions given how little players we get online at a time now

edit: nvm NYE multiplier, thx Zerx

This post has been edited by Gigadweeb: Dec 31 2016, 04:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Munchlax
post Dec 31 2016, 07:22 AM
Post #480

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 953

Active Squad

Looks like I broke a personal record yesterday. I noticed the amount of eggs hatched was getting pretty high so I looked at my stats. ( Eggs Hatched: 414 (#377) on Sep 14/14 ) and I couldn't believe I was getting close to it so I kept going and going until I hit 482 eggs hatched before I petered out for the night.

I think I'm more amazed by the amount of Magikarp eggs floating around that were not dropped early. Though there was a couple times where I got party-locked because of it. But it wasn't as bad as grabbing less-than-an-hour eggs from the Lab when I ran out of shelter grabs. That slowed things down a bit. I'm not sure I'll be as industrious today but it's still early in the morning.

Happy New Year!

--------------------
+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 22 23 24 25 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:39 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.