Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Part of me doesn't think there'll be a Pokemon Gray...(spoilers)
Jaxek
post Apr 5 2011, 06:46 PM
Post #1

3DS FC: 2964-8669-4560
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 76 522

My SoulSilver Team

I just don't see howa third version can be done. First off, Zekrom and Reshiram. In Black, you catch Reshiram and N catches Zekrom, and vice versa in black. How are they gonna do it in Gray? How are they gonna determine which legend you use in the final battle against N? Also, there's Black City and White Forest. Which one is Gray gonna have?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Galactic Boss Cy...
post Apr 5 2011, 07:03 PM
Post #2

Ruler of the universe in 3.. 2..
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 367

Platinum

Well, if "Gray" (I think they will use a name with better associations) employs the formula used by Emerald and Platinum, both Reshiram and Zekrom will be on Team Plasma's side, and the (currently untold) deeper story of Kyurem will become crucial to the plot. As for Black City and White Forest, it's certainly not impossible for a new, different location to take their place.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jaxek
post Apr 5 2011, 07:10 PM
Post #3

3DS FC: 2964-8669-4560
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 522

My SoulSilver Team

QUOTE(Galactic Boss Cyrus @ Apr 5 2011, 07:03 PM) *
Well, if "Gray" (I think they will use a name with better associations) employs the formula used by Emerald and Platinum, both Reshiram and Zekrom will be on Team Plasma's side, and the (currently untold) deeper story of Kyurem will become crucial to the plot. As for Black City and White Forest, it's certainly not impossible for a new, different location to take their place.

But what about the whole Yin Yang thing? If they were both on Plasma's side, that would throw it all off.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Apr 5 2011, 07:10 PM
Post #4

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

They could always change the final battle. I mean, look what they did with Emerald. I wrote ideas in this thread if you want to read them, since it's either going to be the same formula or the reverse formula to what they did in Emerald. Gray could also have just a normal city there...

--------------------
+Quote Post

SnivyCap
post Apr 5 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #5

Best Pokémon Connoisseur and Grass-Type Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 135 149

My OLD Dream Team

I agree with the topic starter, and I'm honestly not sure. The town though - It could be like Gray Village or something. Although that sounds even more depressing then Pokemon Gray - The most depressing Pokemon game EVER. (Imagine that as a demotivational poster!) Idea! If it won't work with just a sequel, what if the sequel came in a duo! Then, there could be 4 people, all with a Legendary Pokemon of Prophecy or whatever!

--------------------
"The Chosen One's Team" (If you see anyone using this team, please tell them it's my team):

Serperia Swampert Matthew Aaron Celeste Zekrom

Sig made by Heartless Rose, specifically for me! clap.gif Thanks a lot!
+Quote Post

Galactic Boss Cy...
post Apr 5 2011, 07:42 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Platinum

QUOTE(jakesez @ Apr 5 2011, 07:10 PM) *
But what about the whole Yin Yang thing? If they were both on Plasma's side, that would throw it all off.

Again, we don't yet know the role that Kyurem plays in its trio. I find "the Boundary Pokemon" fascinating:
Reshiram and Zekrom were, it is told, originally one Pokemon, shared by the rulers of Unova. Kyurem... mysteriously appeared from a meteor, as the story goes.
Heat and electric charge are two types of energy. Cold is... the absence of energy.
Reshiram and Zekrom are always glorified in Unova mythology. According to legend, Kyurem is... a terrifying monster that takes people and Pokemon away to eat them. (Sound familiar?)
Something has to be there. I'm sure of it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Apr 5 2011, 07:44 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Active Squad

Kyurem reminds me of Lavos a little bit, to be honest.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Ice Charizard
post Apr 5 2011, 07:47 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 430

Don't argue with me.

I personally don't think there is gonna be a Pokemon Gray, because as Snivycap said, that would be pretty depressing. Who says they won't do something like Pokemon White?

And, the Giant Chasm could replace White Forest/Black City. They might always surprise you.

And if I remember correctly, when you capture all 6 sages Looker comes up and says something about N and another dragon Pokemon. And since we have one and the other flew away, Kyruem is the only other option,

--------------------
My Party-

Some people are like a slinky.
They really serve no purpose in life,
but they're fun to push down the stairs.

Awards (click to show)

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a word and not just a blob of text.
+Quote Post

Galactic Boss Cy...
post Apr 5 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Platinum

QUOTE(SnivyCap @ Apr 5 2011, 07:30 PM) *
Although that sounds even more depressing then Pokemon Gray - The most depressing Pokemon game EVER. (Imagine that as a demotivational poster!)

You've inspired me...
Spoiler (click to showhide)

--------------------
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Apr 5 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #10

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

I'm with Galactic Boss Cyrus on this. They could definitely do what Platinum did and just make drastic changes to the game, especially since this Generation is all about starting newer and breaking older conventions (although that argument could also be used against the making of a third game).

There's also a chance that they just arbitrarily pick one of the dragons for N to use while you use Kyurem. Since he nuzlockes, he'd probably release the dragon and you get to find both of them during endgame like in Platinum.

Another option would be for Kyurem to have a "complete" form (or two different half-complete forms) if Reshiram and Zekrom are together with it. I read somewhere that Kyurem is the empty shell left behind when Reshiram and Zekrom split apart. This would also explain the dummied out Ice moves that paralyze and burn foes.

I had been thinking that for the third game, they might just give you both the city and the forest. Since Kyurem is Wuji and would be the theme-setter for the game, it could either be a new area or just another open route in it's place.

Also, the game doesn't have to be called Gray. It's just a placeholder name. The name might have something to do with transparency or absence. (I was thinking Void, but that's even more depressing than Gray.)

The only way I see them not making the third game would be if they were making the next generation a direct sequel to this one, especially given how these games ended.

EDIT: Raven, your link made me think of the next game using Genesect vs. Kyurem, which would be a fusion vs. absence theme. I know it sounds a bit shaky, but kind of makes sense. Sort of.

This post has been edited by Blak99Psy: Apr 5 2011, 08:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

nokrow889
post Apr 5 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #11

what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 628

Pokemon Pearl

the way i see it N could have both Reshraim and Zekrom or he could be like gary in pokemon yellow and depending on if you beat him or not at certian battles in the game will determine which dragon he obtains

--------------------

Vdex
(me and my brother)

Group Banners (click to show)

+Quote Post

SnivyCap
post Apr 5 2011, 09:15 PM
Post #12

Best Pokémon Connoisseur and Grass-Type Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 135 149

My OLD Dream Team

@Blak99Psy, Pokemon Void... Hmm... Demotivational Poster:

Pokemon Void
It's utterly depressing because there are 700 Pokemon to catch...

Or something like that

@Galactic Boss Cyrus, great Demotivational Poster!

Anyway, on a different part of the game, they could add 51 Pokemon, making it a nice 700, although, as I said before, that would make the name seem like Disney World.

And what about my idea?! There could be two new characters, and instead of one sequel, two! Then, there could be 4 Legendaries and 4 Pokemon Trainers!!!

--------------------
"The Chosen One's Team" (If you see anyone using this team, please tell them it's my team):

Serperia Swampert Matthew Aaron Celeste Zekrom

Sig made by Heartless Rose, specifically for me! clap.gif Thanks a lot!
+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Apr 5 2011, 09:46 PM
Post #13

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

QUOTE(Ice Charizard @ Apr 5 2011, 08:47 PM) *
And if I remember correctly, when you capture all 6 sages Looker comes up and says something about N and another dragon Pokemon. And since we have one and the other flew away, Kyruem is the only other option,

In reference to the bolded part, if you watch the post-credits short that plays after you beat the game for the first time, you'll see N flying away on the back of the dragon he used in the final battle. The dragon Looker is talking about is either Reshiram or Zekrom depending on your version. So no, Kyurem's not the only option there.

My friends and I were actually discussing this earlier and something similar to Platinum does seem highly plausible. For instance, Team Plasma gains control of both dragons and utilizing Kyurem somehow, you put a stop to their plans. (and perhaps are able to catch them both at a later point in the game)
I also remember hearing from SOME source with info about Kyurem that its ice armor is "incomplete." This opens up all sorts of possibilities for a third game. Remember how Giratina, a Pokemon you find in an eerie, out-of-the-way place that completes a legendary trio but doesn't look entirely the part (JUST like Kyurem) got a new form and a plot that revolves around it in the third game in the gen? I'm predicting the same thing will happen in this gen.

This post has been edited by Galahawk: Apr 5 2011, 09:48 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Ice Charizard
post Apr 6 2011, 06:59 AM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Don't argue with me.

In reference to the bolded part, if you watch the post-credits short that plays after you beat the game for the first time, you'll see N flying away on the back of the dragon he used in the final battle. The dragon Looker is talking about is either Reshiram or Zekrom depending on your version. So no, Kyurem's not the only option there.

Oh. I don't watch the credits. I just leave my DS on and go find something to do.

I don't think that the player catches Kyreum.

Anyway, on a different part of the game, they could add 51 Pokemon, making it a nice 700, although, as I said before, that would make the name seem like Disney World.

That would almost make sense. They could add two more Eeveelutions, and hopefully add an evo to Absol.

That would also prove this.

--------------------
My Party-

Awards (click to show)

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a word and not just a blob of text.
+Quote Post

Killer Zylos Wol...
post Apr 6 2011, 11:57 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 995

Team Sinnoh

QUOTE(jakesez @ Apr 5 2011, 08:10 PM) *
QUOTE(Galactic Boss Cyrus @ Apr 5 2011, 07:03 PM) *

Kyurem is part of the Yin Yang theme though, it would work perfectly.

N could get Zekrom and Reshiram, thus a imbalance in the world occurs. You then are told only Kyurem can keep the balance intact enough for you to fight N and save the world.

As for Black City and White Forest...it's simple really, Grey Cave or whatever.

For them not to have Gray(Or whatever they'll call it) would be horrible. There is so much stuff left out that could be further explored. Plus they always have a third game, why change it for the worse.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ice Charizard
post Apr 6 2011, 03:56 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Don't argue with me.

N could get Zekrom and Reshiram, thus a imbalance in the world occurs. You then are told only Kyurem can keep the balance intact enough for you to fight N and save the world.

Yeah, and Ghetsis would once again be controlling N.

And I'd bet money you'd be able to go to the "World of Chaos" (as opposed to Giratina's world) and catch Kyurem there.

And they could leave the season in Winter all year long until you beat the Elite 4 and capture Kyreum, since Kyerum is apparently frozen solid as it is (and ironically can't learn Frost Breath).

I personally think that N wants to get all the dragons together to combine them into that form that they all once were. Zekrom and Reshiram were together, and when they split the shell became Kyreum. How N would go about doing this, however, I have no clue.

--------------------
My Party-

Awards (click to show)

+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Apr 6 2011, 08:22 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 355

Current HeatGold team

Few things:

Reshiram and Zekrom used to be one Pokemon, why not have N fuse them back together?
Kyurem represents balance between Reshiram and Zekrom, possibly plus death or absolute zero.
The Giant Chasm is explicitly stated by Game Freak to represent Ground Zero (more absolute zero?).
Kyurem may be what was left after Reshiram and Zekrom split.

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

QUOTE(5 Gum @ Nov 9 2010, 05:59 PM) *
If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Ice Charizard
post Apr 6 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Don't argue with me.

@Swampert rox, that's what I was trying to get through with my last post. Absolute Zero would be interesting, though. I can see Nintendo making N use Kyruem to freeze Unova over. I'm not sure what you would do with a giant chunk of ice, but I'm sure they'll find something.

In D/P, we had that fourth lake (I've forgotten the name, I haven't played Platinum in forever) where you caught Girantina. In Platinum, we have the another whole dimension. Who's to say that in this new game Nintendo doesn't make a bridge connecting Kyreums new lair (that is hypothetically going to come into existence) with Unova? After all, Black/White seem to be all about bridges.

--------------------
My Party-

Awards (click to show)

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Apr 6 2011, 09:28 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Active Squad

What do people think of my theory where Kyurem is the evil (not technology or nature, just barred wasteland) that Zekrom and Reshiram work together to take down? This should create an aesop about technology and nature being good when used in conjunction... or something.

Thus, calling it gray (and therefore, mixing black and white -- technology and nature) and placing Kyurem on the cover (the opposite of gray, emptiness) fills up a sort of yin/yang represented by Zekrom and Reshiram's, if that makes sense?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jewely
post Apr 6 2011, 09:39 PM
Post #20

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 667

GPXPlus Pokemon

I was thinking you catch Kyurem, and then battle N who has both Reshiram and Zekrom. And maybe for the Black City/White Forest filler, they could put Gray Town. So most of what people are saying here.

--------------------
Avatar and userbar by Monsieur Mittens.

she/her pronouns
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:19 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.