Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pre-Poll of Themes for March's 2024 SWSH., Which theme would you like us to promote?
Suggested themes for March
Which one would you like us to promote?
Trunk loads of fun!: Drowzee, Phanpy, Cufant. [ 16 ]  [37.21%]
My Treasured Companions: Treecko, Yamper, Glameow [ 14 ]  [32.56%]
Mah Wealth: Meowth, Spoink, Sableye [ 9 ]  [20.93%]
ANARCHY: Choose what you want! [ 4 ]  [9.30%]
Total Votes: 43
Guests cannot vote 

Rookie Roo
post Feb 25 2024, 07:48 PM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 196 476

Active Squad

A quick TL;DR: Just pick one theme you'd like us to try and promote for the next Site Wide Shiny Hunt (SWSH), and we'll try our best to make it a reality!
And, when the time comes, consider voting for the theme that won so we can, collectively, make it a reality! Scroll a little down to the "About this month's options" to read more about the reasoning behind the options for this pre-voting stage! And, also, don't forget to check out the "Rules" part just to be in the safe side and not make an oopsie!

Woop woop! It is late again! I am willing to receive not one but TWO tomatoes for my poor time management this time around :'D Sorry. That's said let's get down to it, shall we?

Friendly reminder that I can't promise that the suggested themes will immediately get chosen in the next poll because it's all real RNG, BUT it could happen.
That said, those numbers are given to me by YOU GUYS. This time, the blame goes for Isla de Monte Cristo, tealingual and Keicada (thanks for the help guys!)

If you want to know which themes are available, what Pokemon can still be combined with others for more themes, or just to know the creativity of people, you can check the full list by clicking these words.

And now, a small introduction for those who are new here (and, if you are a pro at these polls, this is the part where you skip to the actual themes!):

Introduction

Are you tired of the SWSH being, most of the times, the last three Pokemon that have been added to the site? Are you tired of feeling as if your favorite generation doesn't get enough love, or is swept by the most recent ones? Do you wish you could have a hand in influencing the Pokemon we are going to hunt?
Look no further, you are in the RIGHT place.

For those who don't know me: I'm usually one of the organizers for past SWSH themes we've had! Particularly, I helped with a lot of 'em and, in fact, we already have three years with consecutive themes being chosen thanks to YOUR help and imagination! So, hooray! Honorable mentions are Moth Month (March 2021), Changing Seasons (November 2021), and the last one with Slowpoke, Galarian Slowpoke and Slakoth and now, once again, I want YOU to decide which theme you'd like to see in the next SWSH!

Again, all of this effort couldn't have been made without YOUR help, so thank YOU for making them a reality! Here's for the future themes you guys decide to go for!

"Ok, sounds nice, but what do I have to do again?"

The plan is quite simple: every non-SWSH month I'm gonna post a thread just like this with 3 themes + a blank one, and you just have to choose the one you like the most! Then, the next month (the SWSH one) you'll see posters or info graphics inviting people to vote for the theme that had the most votes. PLEASE, consider voting for it and help out the other people who are already excited for a certain theme!

You can also look at it this way: if they get their theme quickly, it means we can get to the one you'd like faster than if you didn't help them! Mutual help! \o/

"Uuuuh... What is this anarchy option for...?"

Well, I'm glad you asked! Basically, the anarchy option (AKA "the blank option") is there for anyone who DOESN'T want a specific theme. If you don't want to hunt any of the themes proposed, select this one! But BEWARE, if this option wins, then there's not going to be a specific theme to be encouraged to vote for in the actual SWSH voting phase. And that's important to note because, if there is no collective push for a specific mon, then it's likely we would get the last three mons added to the site.

So if you are one of the people who prefer thematic SWSH, but aren't inclined to a particular theme, I suggest you don't vote at all in the pre-poll, and just join forces once a theme wins in the SWSH voting phase.
However, if you just don't want any of the themes to win, or you just want chaos (which, valid!), I'd suggest voting for the blank option. After all, if it wins, you most likely will get your wish! \o/

But wait that's not all! You can also help in other ways!

Personally, I encourage people to express themselves and ask for what they'd like. So, if you have a theme you'd like to see come true, please, go ahead and comment in this thread with it!
If you can, please tell me the reasoning behind them if there's any (for example "Pidgey, Fearow, Farfetch'd, because I like Kanto AND, more importantly, BIRBS") so I can try to think of ways to make them more appealing! Be that with a brand new story like I did with Lovecraft Lovers, OR by bothering Gajeel Redfox into using thematic images related to what you wanted!

So, think of one theme and post it if you want! Be sure to check this link, and make sure that the Pokemon you want haven't been hunted before!

Again, currently we have 61 different themes, but you can always propose more! grin.gif

About this month's options

Let's see what RNGesus has in store for us shall we?. Three themes and a blank... Choose wisely, 'cuz either way multiple themes will get soflocked due to the "new" rules!

These are the month's that people on Discord got by using real random number:

- Trunk loads of fun!: Drowzee, Phanpy, Cufant.. Always trunk in the road!
Proposed, named and description by me! (It's been a while one of my themes get selected woohoo!)

- My Treasured Companions: Treecko, Yamper, Glameow. The fondest of memories, to cherishing the present and longing for the future ~
Proposed, named and description by: Yamper.

- Mah Wealth: Meowth, Spoink, Sableye. Hey! That's my bling bling!.
Proposed by Professor Eucalyptus. Name and description by me.

- ANARCHY! Also known as the "No theme" option. Name given by Jade.

So, which one will you choose and would like for us to promote? Be sure to vote in the poll!

I also can't stress this enough, but: Your participation is important, both in this pre-voting stage and in the actual voting stage! So, please, consider participating!

Okay but, did something else changed? Are there any new mechanics we should be watching for?

Yes! Let me refer to this explanation I gave a few months ago (and omitting the ones I already explained up there):

- Special themes WON'T be locked to their specific month, but can be chosen for the poll IF RNG decided it. It's just that the month they are supposed to be selected makes them have a higher chance of being chosen (so, you know, I strongly recommend you guys start choosing specific months for your themes! nudge nudge).

- Themes can only be selected ONCE per year. So when a theme "loses" against another, it will have a cool-down of a year until you can see them again.

- Special themes are exempted of this last rule ONLY in the month they were proposed for. Example: if a July theme was selected for the January pre-poll and lost, it would still be rolled for the special option on July and compete with any other special theme of that month, the winner taking the "Special option" of the pre-poll.

- A particular species of Pokemon WON'T appear twice in the options of a particular pre-poll. Example: Of the three possible themes to choose from, Magikarp will only appear in ONE of them. This is to avoid forcing one specific specie into the SWSH.

These new "rules" might get small changes here and there depending on how they are working, 'cuz they MIIIIGHT be too restrictive... We'll see, we'll see. If you have any other suggestion tho', PLEASE let me know so I can bring it up with the community (mostly anyone that reads the #gpx channel on Discord) to discuss the idea, and to see how to implement that change!

- A recently suggestion, voted for a lot of people in this thread right here, is that each January the themes proposed WILL HAVE a recently added mon, regardless if the same theme got rolled at some point of the year (basically ignoring the rule from above!). That said, in 2024 we have the following recently added 'mons: Hisuian Zorua (January SWSH's) and Fuecoco (Anniversary Coin Event). I'd suggest anyone to share their themes involving these mons OR creating ones for other Pokemon that are not yet on the site as well!

Hopefully these changes make for better, more diverse pre-polls while also trying to cater to everyone!
Hope you enjoy them!

PS: If any rule seems hard to follow PLEASE let me know so I can look for another way to reword it so it makes more sense!

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER

This project is, by NO MEANS, replacing the official SWSH nor officially associated with it. This is just a COMMUNITY project that focuses on trying to organize future SWSHs to give them an extra flavor.
As such, I CANNOT and WILL NOT promise that the winning theme of this stage will be the official SWSH next month, but you can BET we'll do our best to make that come true! That's why your cooperation in voting for the winning theme is also encouraged.

And that's all. Now I'll just leave the official rules just to be in the same page. Catch you soon! grin.gif

RULES

- Do NOT harass people into voting for what you want. Encouraging people is okay tho', so choose your words wisely.
Helpful examples! (Maybe) (click to show)

- Regular forum rules apply! So don't double post, or don't ask for clicks every time your party's full again!

- Don't post your shinies here. Rather post them over here, since more people would be able to see them! ;D

- You wanna rage about something? We actually have a place where to vent any negative feeling you might have, so click on that link so you can go there and release some tension!

- Try not to use swear words! This is a feels-good space, y'all!

- Memes are PERFECT in here, BUT do remember that they can stretch the page, so if they are big or a lot of them, remember to spoiler them so it doesn't get too bad!

- Try not to make BIG quote pyramids! Why? Because of page stretching, of course!

- We love to talk around here, so if you wanna comment something, feel free to do so and evade SUPER short posts if possible.

This post has been edited by Rookie Roo: Feb 25 2024, 07:58 PM

--------------------
Look at friend please cat.gif

If you need Social Network, or if you have it, you might be interested in reading this.

Shinies of 2020: 112 (click to show)

Shinies of 2021: 130 (click to show)

Shinies of 2022 (click to show)

Special Achievements (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:09 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.