Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Admin-Sponsored/Created mass clicking guide
Rofl Copter
post Jul 19 2010, 04:41 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 43 628

Sought Shinies

As we all know, mass clicking is the main way to get points on this site, and the best possible way to hatch eggs, obtain requirements for achievements and to hatch shinies. There have been several user-created guides to show how to mass click, and although those are very useful and have lead people to be smashing clicking records over the past couple of months, they have flaws for the site use itself. Example, establishing a large amount of connections (100+, as recommended in a few mass clicking guides) may lead someone to become Temporarily, and even sometimes permanently IP banned from the site, and some of the methods used in some mass clicking guides are frowned upon.

What I am suggesting is an admin/site-sponsored guide to show how to mass click that will not affect the site or one's usage of the site. This could be, like many other things, located either in the help page or as a link that may appear in it that could show how to consistently reach a high(ish) amount of clicks that will include methods that don't give consequences to any users of the site (unlike in mass clicking guides created by users that may contain flaws, as stated above).

I think that this would be a great addition to the site that would allow everyone, and not just forum-users to learn how to mass clicking - especially newbies who may be in awe of how people reach such high clicking amounts and hatch so many eggs.

Thanks.

PS: I recall this being suggested by Mommy Dearest, and this is where I got the original idea for, so credit for it goes to her.

--------------------

Doctor Octopus made this beasty thing. Go check her out!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Mad as a Hatter
post Jul 19 2010, 05:51 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 62 297

Active Squad

QUOTE(Rofl Copter @ Jul 19 2010, 12:41 PM) *
As we all know, mass clicking is the main way to get points on this site, and the best possible way to hatch eggs, obtain requirements for achievements and to hatch shinies. There have been several user-created guides to show how to mass click, and although those are very useful and have lead people to be smashing clicking records over the past couple of months, they have flaws for the site use itself. Example, establishing a large amount of connections (100+, as recommended in a few mass clicking guides) may lead someone to become Temporarily, and even sometimes permanently IP banned from the site, and some of the methods used in some mass clicking guides are frowned upon.

What I am suggesting is an admin/site-sponsored guide to show how to mass click that will not affect the site or one's usage of the site. This could be, like many other things, located either in the help page or as a link that may appear in it that could show how to consistently reach a high(ish) amount of clicks that will include methods that don't give consequences to any users of the site (unlike in mass clicking guides created by users that may contain flaws, as stated above).

I think that this would be a great addition to the site that would allow everyone, and not just forum-users to learn how to mass clicking - especially newbies who may be in awe of how people reach such high clicking amounts and hatch so many eggs.

Thanks.

PS: I recall this being suggested by Mommy Dearest, and this is where I got the original idea for, so credit for it goes to her.

An upside of this would be that more ads would be viewed, since people will spend more time on the website, and the site will get more funds. Who knows, maybe the admins will rework the whole adblocking thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sussie
post Jul 19 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #3

TippyToes McWhisperson
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 35 493

I herd u leik me

QUOTE(Rofl Copter @ Jul 19 2010, 11:41 AM) *
Example, establishing a large amount of connections (100+, as recommended in a few mass clicking guides) may lead someone to become Temporarily, and even sometimes permanently IP banned from the site

I have a question regarding this: You are not able to open more than 100 tabs anymore..so that wouldn't work anymore anyways o.o but why would you get banned anyways if the site lets you open more than 100 tabs like it was before?

But anyways..I like that idea actually!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Devicho
post Jul 19 2010, 06:07 PM
Post #4

Dodogyuuun!
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 369

My Babies

It doesn't let you open more than 100 tabs, actually. While I'm not the best at explaining and someone else can probably sum it up better, the 100+ connections thing just sends out more requests for your computer to connect with the server in order to make things load faster, but this can put stress on the server.

--------------------
:: ::
Currently Breeding: Wobbuffet x Pururiru
+Quote Post

AdmiralPerry
post Jul 19 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #5

Assassin by Association
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 925

My Guards

Yes, this would be fantastic. Didn't know that about the connections thing--glad you mentioned it, so I could reset mine. Also... this might be a stretch, but not all browsers/internet providers work exactly the same. I think a guide that covered all the major browsers/IPs would be beneficial to everyone (yes, this includes Internet Explorer, which I know many don't like). A guide like this would give everyone an idea of how to do it, and they could be assured that they weren't breaking the rules (accidentally or otherwise).

--------------------
Got no place to run, got no place to hide...

Many thanks to the awesome Doctor Octopus for this overworld march!

Click for parties! (click to show)

My Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Rofl Copter
post Jul 20 2010, 01:52 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Sought Shinies

@ Devicho: It isn't possible to open over 100 tabs in one click of the open windows button, however clicking it multiple times bypasses this, which many people do.

@ Sussie: A total network connections number is established by how high you set it in your about:config settings for your browser, with the default being one. Some people have had it as high as 250, and they were in turned IP blocked. This block was usually recalled and the person was told to use a lower number.

So in summary, tabs doesn't mean connections.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sussie
post Jul 20 2010, 05:02 AM
Post #7

TippyToes McWhisperson
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 493

I herd u leik me

ah yeah true..misread that whole thing ;p thanks for the answer ^^!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Crystal Shards
post Jul 20 2010, 10:40 AM
Post #8

Iced Out
Group Icon

Member No.: 250

Favorites

I think this is an excellent idea. We can better know what we're allowed to do.

--------------------
Administrator of Mercury Ice Forums

I click full party even after you switch out Pokemon.

DieHard GameFAN
+Quote Post

Cow
post Jul 20 2010, 04:46 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 48 807

Epic Team

I have the same vote as everyone on this.

--------------------
SHE SHALL NEVER LEAVE MY PARTY
Scary isn't it?

+Quote Post

Devicho
post Jul 20 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #10

Dodogyuuun!
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 369

My Babies

QUOTE(Rofl Copter @ Jul 19 2010, 11:52 PM) *
@ Devicho: It isn't possible to open over 100 tabs in one click of the open windows button, however clicking it multiple times bypasses this, which many people do.

Oh, I know. I meant that setting your max connections to a higher number than 100 doesn't let you open more than 100 tabs in a single click.

--------------------
:: ::
Currently Breeding: Wobbuffet x Pururiru
+Quote Post

Ktanaqui
post Jul 20 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #11

Eevee Breeder <3
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 914

My Favorites <3

It would be nice to have a mass-clicking guide... I dont see how I will EVER achieve the 7,500 Interactions in a day Achievement sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mitthrawnuruodo
post Jul 20 2010, 08:49 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 98 991

Midnight Crew

QUOTE(Ktanaqui @ Jul 20 2010, 09:34 PM) *
It would be nice to have a mass-clicking guide... I dont see how I will EVER achieve the 7,500 Interactions in a day Achievement sad.gif

Try Ride the Lightning's in the main GPX+ discussion forum--I just got that yesterday.

--------------------

01000110 01101001 01100111 01101000 01110100 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010101 01110011 01100101 01110010 01110011:

...- .. ... .. - / - .... . / -- .- -_-.gif- --- .-.:

+Quote Post

Ice Charizard
post Jul 20 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 430

Don't argue with me.

That IE guide that was mentioned earlier would really help people who can't download anything (because of firewalls, parenting issues, etc.).

--------------------
My Party-

Some people are like a slinky.
They really serve no purpose in life,
but they're fun to push down the stairs.

Awards (click to show)

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a word and not just a blob of text.
+Quote Post

Rofl Copter
post Jul 21 2010, 12:45 AM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Sought Shinies

Thanks for the support guys. To be honest, I think that a mass clicking guide for IE would be quite...redundant, but if the admins would be willing to do that too, sure why not?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pikagrue
post Jul 21 2010, 02:57 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 690

herp derp

Meh.

Mass clicking basically means clicking as many pokemon (and/or eggs) as you can. I know people like to think there's a special trick to it, that requires the use of some sort of guide, but really, the only trick is finding the time during the day to mindlessly sit and hit a button that says "Yes, warm it up".

Sure, there are third-party tools and browser tweaks that can make it more efficient, but really, the only "admin sponsored/created mass clicking guide" that makes sense to me is one that says "Click as many pokemon as you can in a single day", and... that really sounds too obvious to be included in a guide.

But that's just my opinion.

--------------------
|

It is pitch black. I am very likely to eat you.
90% of internet users fail to understand basic arithmetic. If you are one of the 12% that do, paste this into your sig.
+Quote Post

Rofl Copter
post Jul 21 2010, 03:22 AM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Sought Shinies

Well I get the point your trying to make, but there is a trick to mass clicking. Browser tweaks, add ons (firefox mainly), and changing the settings of your browser is what makes someone be able to mass click. If somewhere to simply download a browser and then click the open [insert number here] windows of pokemon it would both be slow and inefficient.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Crystal Shards
post Jul 21 2010, 08:37 AM
Post #17

Iced Out
Group Icon

Favorites

Let's get a definition straight here. How much is mass clicking? 1000+? 10000+?

--------------------

DieHard GameFAN
+Quote Post

unexistence
post Jul 21 2010, 08:46 AM
Post #18

Fan of Smash Bros, Pokémon, A:TLA, A:LOK, Zelda, things
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 681

Favorites ♥

1,000+ I think, because I only once got 10,000, and that was when I got insane and prepared for war (Master Clicker) P:

--------------------

GPXing sporadically.

+Quote Post

AdmiralPerry
post Jul 21 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #19

Assassin by Association
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 925

My Guards

I know someone said doing a guide for IE would be redundant, but I beg to disagree. Not everyone can just go off and download a new browser, for a number of reasons (security issues, administrative rights, slower connections, etc.). Yes, I know IE is slower, but most computers by default are programmed with IE already built in. IE is still the main browser I use (Opera only for mass-clicking) so I don't understand the hate. In the interest of fairness to EVERYONE, it only makes sense to include a guide for most commonly used browsers--IE included. I'm starting to wonder how this would work if you were on something like AOL or something...

--------------------
Got no place to run, got no place to hide...

Many thanks to the awesome Doctor Octopus for this overworld march!

Click for parties! (click to show)

My Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Crystal Shards
post Jul 21 2010, 02:27 PM
Post #20

Iced Out
Group Icon

Favorites

You don't need special settings or anything to get over 1000 a day; I get it just by clicking my pal pad and people who have added me, as well as the who's online list and anyone else who happens to click me. However, some people would like to do it as efficiently as possible, and I understand that desire (even though I personally haven't screwed with my browser settings), so I don't see the guide as useless. And I agree with you AdmiralPerry; if we have a guide we should have a guide that includes all browsers, even shitty ones like IE.

This post has been edited by Crystal Shards: Jul 21 2010, 02:27 PM

--------------------

DieHard GameFAN
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd June 2024 - 07:09 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.