Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sydney McCoy, The Desert Wanderer
Lars Neil
post Mar 22 2013, 09:56 AM
Post #1

gay? i'm?
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 157 414

yeah babey

Name: Sydney McCoy
Hometown: The outskirts of Aridana.

Appearance: Sydney has very light, straight brown hair that goes just past her shoulders, curling inward at the bottom. She usually wears a white bandanna over it. Her eyes are pale green, standing out in contrast to her tanned skin. On her left cheek is a scar that goes from just under her eye to her earlobe, from a skirmish with wild Pokemon. There are a few freckles that cover the tops of her nose and cheeks.

Usually she wears a loose white tank top over baggy, light blue denim shorts that hang about an inch above her ankles, held up by a brown belt. She wears fingerless brown leather gloves and a pale green sash around her neck, as well as goggles she puts on when going out into the desert. On her feet she wears white leather boots that go high enough to keep sand out of them and her pants.

Personality: Sydney is usually laid back and easy-going, but once angered she's hard to calm back down, and also has a bit of a strange accent, sounding like a mixture between a southern and 'Bronx' accent. She is used to being in the heat and rather enjoys hotter days, but also likes the rare times when it rains. The teen hates the cold and has a strong love for adventure and causing mischief. Being more of a loner, she prefers the company of her Pokemon. During battles, she will do anything to win and has a no-nonsense mindset.

Biography: She was born on August 13th in the main part of Aridana to a family from Petropolis, who were just at the right place at the wrong time. They were just visiting and were dismayed at how they would be stuck there until Sydney was old enough to stand the heat, so they left her there to be taken care of by a native. She never knew her parents, but has learned to hate them from what she's heard of them- selfish and not very caring.

Sydney met her first Pokemon at age 6, a male Sandile. She was in the desert, looking for a type of berry that grew only there when it attacked her, scratching her cheek and leaving the scar. Her foster mother had given her a Quick Ball in case something like this happened. The girl quickly managed to catch the Sandile and named him Dusty. She didn't find what she was looking for, but she found her first Pokemon! Sydney met her second and third Pokemon at age 10, a Cacnea and Marill. The two Pokemon were at a small oasis and were easily caught with an Ultra ball and Great Ball respectively.

Now, at age 13, Sydney travels around Furoh with her Pokemon, hoping to make her foster family proud of her when she returned, if she became strong. Her family was the type to go, "Oh, okay." to everything she did, including catching her first Pokemon and other accomplishments.

Class: Trainer / Other [Nomad]

Items: Large backpack
Metal canteen
Dried pears + apples
Several Pokeballs
Sandproof goggles
Green sash
1 pack of jerky

What is the biscuit's name? Scheherazade
Other Notes: I was gonna have my Pokemon being evolved but it'll take forever now that it has to be only 4 with their levels at level 20.

Pokemon

Sandile - Level 6
Dusty

Bite, Leer, Thunder Fang *

Family
Mother - Krookodile
Father - Manectric

Bio (click to show)

Cacnea - Level 6
Spinel

Poison Sting, Leer, Absorb, Magical Leaf* [Available at level 10]

Family
Mother - Cacturne
Father - Roserade

Bio (click to show)

Marill - Level 6
Marina

Bubble, Tackle, Tail Whip, Sing*

Family
Mother - Azumarill
Father - Delcatty

Bio (click to show)

I really hope this gets accepted. I worked about 1 1/2 hours on this.

This post has been edited by StarNova: Mar 23 2013, 01:29 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 22 2013, 04:30 PM
Post #2

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

The personality and a biography are just a little short for me.

There are just a few things I'd like explained:

Personality: "Laid back but with a hot temper" sounds contradictory. I think what you mean is: "She's usually laid back and easy-going, but once angered she's hard to calm back down." or something like that?

What sort of accent does she have?

Biography: Here would be a good place to detail how she got a scar from a wild pokemon, a little anecdote would do well here. What were the repercussions other than the scar?

When she does anything to win...does that involve cheating?

For the Biography, I'm assuming that she'll also travel around Furoh. Any idea as to why, or will you only be rping in the Aridana area?

It's a good profile, don't get me wrong. I love the effort you put in to it. ^_^.gif Just answer me a few questions, and it should be just fine. My profile took a long time to write, too, so I understand. I just want to make sure that your profile is nice and fleshed out, as we mods find that it helps with your rps.

Now, for Egg moves:
Thunder Fang is approved immediately. (Snubbul, an unevolved non-electric type learns it at Level 1)
Sing is approved immediately.
Magical Leaf will be usable at Level 10. (Shaymin, an unevolved Grass Type, learns it earliest at Level 10)

Now, I think normally we'd make you go with an Azurill, but I think it's okay if you start with a Marill instead.

Cheers,
Kamai

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lars Neil
post Mar 23 2013, 01:29 PM
Post #3

gay? i'm?
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 157 414

yeah babey

Okay! Edited. Should I find smaller images, though? The Sandile picture horribly stretches out the page.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 26 2013, 12:58 AM
Post #4

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

I had hoped the questions I asked would help expound upon your profile a little bit more. It's still pretty minimal compared to the profiles that I usually accept.

Hopefully you'll flesh it out a bit more as you roleplay.

Accepted. Post in the current levels thread and have fun!

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:45 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.