Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The future of GPX
LazyCharmander
post Mar 12 2015, 05:08 PM
Post #81

Super Mario Sunshine 24/7
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 158 171

Eevees I like

Howdy! I don't talk much in the Forums as I really have no one to talk to, I've been here since Jan 2012 and have really enjoyed this site. I am pleased that you're still thinking about what's ahead and you clearly have more feelings for this site than your heart can handle. I hope the site lives as long as you can make it, I understand that good things don't last forever.

I'll be here till it actually keels over!

This post has been edited by LazyCharmander: Mar 12 2015, 05:08 PM

--------------------
-------

I take breaks sometimes from GPXPlus so sorry if I'm not on a lot.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

proera
post Mar 12 2015, 05:25 PM
Post #82

o_o
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3 850

Soul Silver

I'm glad to see that you guys are considering the future happy.gif
It's sad to see when sites just let their communities fade away...

Wish you all the best, and hope to see you around!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ava of Lavender ...
post Mar 12 2015, 05:46 PM
Post #83

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 164 042

Syndrome Minions

Thanks for keeping us all updated, Z. It wold have been a tragedy to see this great site closing down. I have made so many friends on here, and invested countless hours into completing my trinket collections and PokeDex. It'd be heart-breaking for it to suddenly just disappear. I hope that you find an answer relatively soon for anything that you are having difficulties with.

May GT/PS stand tall and live long.

This post has been edited by Ava of Lavender Town: Mar 12 2015, 05:47 PM

--------------------
SPREAD THE LAVENDER TOWN SYNDROME

...YOU THINK IT ISN'T REAL...BUT THEN YOUR CONFIDENCE BEGINS TO EBB...YOUR BROWS CREASE...YOU START TO SWEAT...THE SHADOWS SURROUNDING YOU ARE MOVING...DON'T LOOK AT THEM...FOCUS ON YOUR HEART...IT'S BEATING FASTER...THOSE SHADOWS ARE STRETCHING TOWARD YOU...THEY KNOW YOU'RE AFRAID...THEY'LL SLOWLY COVER YOU AS THE DAYLIGHT STARTS TO FADE...OR THEY'LL STRIKE AT YOU WHEN YOU'RE NOT LOOKING...BUT IF YOU LOOK, BAD THINGS COULD HAPPEN...DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THEM, GATHERING BEHIND YOU...

...STAY OUT OF THE TOWER...IT'S A TRAP...THOSE WHO'VE GONE MISSING WILL STAY MISSING...IF YOU ENTER, YOU JOIN THEM...THE GHOSTS WON'T LET THEM LEAVE...THEY'RE SCREAMING TO GET OUT...YOU CAN'T HELP THEM...THE MAROWAK IS RESTLESS...SHE'S WATCHING YOU FROM THE TOWER...THERE SHE TAKES OTHERS AND TURNS THEM...THEY LUST FOR BLOOD...DO YOU BELIEVE IN GHOSTS?...NO?...OH...THAT WHITE HAND ON YOUR SHOULDER...IT'S NOT REAL...

~Achievements~ (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tangerine
post Mar 12 2015, 06:07 PM
Post #84

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 229 799

Omega Ruby Team

As someone who joined rather recently, I must say that it would be really upsetting for me if GPXPlus got shut down. Unlike a lot of you guys, I haven't been around here long enough to see the site grow and change... And yet, for the relatively short time I've been here, I've enjoyed every second of this so far. I really hope a proper solution can be discovered so that GPXPlus can keep running for years to come.

--------------------
Always happy to be a part of the community! cat.gif
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Mar 12 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #85

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 525

Uprising Team

Well, I suppose it's to be expected eventually. Nothing lasts forever, however I have most certainly enjoyed my time on this site over the 5-6 years I've been here. I commend you on keeping this going and wish you the best of luck going forward.

--------------------
Uprising Stuff... (click to show)

Random Crap. (click to show)

The most epic quote in history:
QUOTE(kirby163 @ Nov 15 2010, 10:58 PM) *
They teach blackmail at college, but it's called ethics awesome.gif
+Quote Post

Megaree
post Mar 12 2015, 06:39 PM
Post #86

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 205 736

My Dream Team

If the site were to go down, I would literally be crying. I would miss the place so much! Time seems to fly when I'm on this site. I've enjoyed every second of my time here, and it would be a great loss to me to have this site be gone forever. I hope this site will be able to live for a long time!
Hoping I'll stay on the site to the very end! happy.gif

--------------------
Hai!

Thank you to Bonnie Clyde for making this! grin.gif

My fav water starters (click to show)
+Quote Post

Zulo
post Mar 12 2015, 07:33 PM
Post #87

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 971

My DP team

A month from now will mark 6 years since I registered on this site. I haven't exactly been active lately but it's been nice to always have this bit of the internet to go back to every now and then, whether to shuffle around my party or waste a weekend pressing 41234123412341234 while watching videos. You guys have done a great job on this website. Everything on this site seems so intuitive, any feature I think should exist probably does. Thanks for keeping this up for us.
+Quote Post

fensti
post Mar 12 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #88

∞^∞
Group Icon

Member No.: 26

Active Squad

Of course I finally decide to come back and all this happens. I should've just stayed away. :p

I still remember when this site was just the forums. Way back when when you guys had the idea to make a Pokemon themed site. And then you created GPX+ off of it and things just took off. Those old days when mass clicking involved Ctrl+Tabing through all the open pages. I definitely miss that (though my fingers much prefer the new way).

I know how hard you guys work on your various projects and how much effort you put into all of them and obviously I am a fan of them. :p

I'm also glad I got to meet the two of you (and Wymsy as well) on Fire Emblem Planet way back when the earth was still young. You guys are great friends and all very intelligent and funny. Still kinda bummed I never got to meet you guys yet, though if/when I ever move out you guys are welcome to drop by sometime.

I guess I'll just have to harass you guys more on Facebook now. lol

--------------------

Avatar and sig banner courtesy of Commander Wymsy.

+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Mar 12 2015, 08:15 PM
Post #89

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

I'm really glad that you took the time to explain this. Being in hiatus for 2+ years made me realize how much I missed this. I've been in a couple of large internet communities/boards/forums so far and I can clearly say that this one is the most united and peaceful. I'm sure that we will do all that we can to keep this working. :]

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Zellian
post Mar 12 2015, 09:31 PM
Post #90

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 85 265

Active Squad

All I've been hoping for since I came back from my hiatus was for a some new achievements, though I'm glad this has been explained and everything. I hope it's not forever frozen in time and new things do come along.

--------------------
Add to pal pad? 62 / 75 plz~
+Quote Post

Veta
post Mar 12 2015, 09:46 PM
Post #91

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 42 912

Active Squad

I'm so glad you aren't ending GPX! I hope if you ever do get tired of running it, you'll pass it on to someone you trust. I'd hate to lose the site. Thank you for keeping it going.
+Quote Post

Growly Lobita
post Mar 12 2015, 11:26 PM
Post #92

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 194

Active Squad

Thanks for keeping us in the loop- I've been playing for nearly six years now (my site joining anniversary is April 10th!) and it's been really fun! If the site does get taken down it will feel strange. There will be a tangible hole in my routine since even when I've had to give GPX+ a backseat, I've still visited at least once a day. I've loved all the creativity and ingenuity with how the site is designed and how the game is played, thank you to all the staff who made that possible!

I'm not sure if I will keep playing or not when the site is "frozen in time"... I've mixed feelings about it. I guess I need to think on it a while.
+Quote Post

Myou
post Mar 12 2015, 11:27 PM
Post #93

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

Wow... I'll have been here for 6 years come June... 6 freaking years! I don't think I've stuck with any other site for this long (there's a reason GPX+ has always been the first tab in my browser), I still go onto Magistream and Dragcave on occasion, but those are more about checking whether an event is coming up or whether there was a new release. Nothing else has held my attention quite like GPX+. While I may not be as avid a clicker as I used to be when I joined back in 2009 or the most active chatter, I never got to the point where I felt like it was too much effort to come onto the site daily to complete my egg collection, shiny hunt, and participate in any events that sprung up.

So many memories... Playing on Firefox, downloading snaplinks to click all the pokemon, then downloading opera and tinkering with the settings so that all the eggs and pokemon lined up in a row, then chrome. All those times I freaked out when I actually found a chest/old man/mysterious egg while clicking (before the time when they stuck with you until you clicked them). Hours spent hunting for legends in the shelter after an event script ran. Late night chats with Novelty Breeders guild members before its untimely demise while waiting for reset's frozen account pokemon to hit the shelter. My freak out upon finding my first Unown in the lab that happened to be shiny (then temporary impressing people with how I could snipe them from the lab so quickly before I started sucking again xD.gif ) and then flipping out when I finally found a Ditto in the lab. Endless teasers about a possible Arceus event and theorizing in chat how impossible it would be in the future. This site certainly has gone through a lot.

I have to say I'm happy that the site's not going down, at least not yet. Something is always better than nothing. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried when Wymsy posted that she was quitting, since there are so many memories attached to this site, as well as so many accomplishments that I would be sad to lose in addition to goals that haven't been met. Goals like completing my shiny dex, goals like finally obtaining that Arceus egg to complete the Godsend achievement that's been messing with my completionist OCD since the Base Set came out. While I can understand that things change and everything eventually comes to an end, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be sad to see it go.

I can also understand not wanting to turn over your "Baby" into someone else's hands since you would ideally want someone that not only can handle the site in its full capacity even in the worst situations (bugs/glitches/hacking/etc.), but someone that you can fully trust to take care of the site and not abuse their power. Unfortunately, I can't really see the site lasting very long without at least someone here to do damage control in the event that, say, the SWSH doesn't activate like it should, or monthly special explorations don't roll over a the end of the month like they should, or some other game-breaking bug.

Well, whatever happens, I've been here for this long and I still have things to do here, so I'm in it for the long haul~

--------------------

+Quote Post

13akoors
post Mar 13 2015, 10:55 AM
Post #94

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 201 528

Favorite Pokemon

I haven't played as long as most people have, but I've been here over a year, and play everyday. I hope the site continues to live on. It's one of the best games I've played online. If there's any way I can help out around here, and keep this wonderful site running, I'll be ready and willing to do it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jenis90
post Mar 13 2015, 11:23 AM
Post #95

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 683

FaraJen Team

April 16 will be six years since I started playing gpx. I hope with all my heart that this site is not deleted, because being here is now a habit that goes on for many years.
If I can do something to help please contact me. I'm Italian, I have a little knowledge of the graphics program Adobe Photoshop and html language. I'm not an expert, but if I can give a help for the site to survive, I will do it gladly. ^_~.gif

--------------------

» If you want to make some trinkets exchange PM me «
(My Affinity: Wulfenite)
+Quote Post

Bellathea
post Mar 13 2015, 12:13 PM
Post #96

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 229 704

Active Squad

Wow, I'm here now for about two weeks, never heard of the site before, but I totally love it.
The community is nice, the idea behind the site is so awesome! I'm thankful that you keep the site open, I'd understand it anyway if you'd shut it down as well. I can't change life circumstances, server costs, changing interests and so on, but I'd only like to say thanks for this awesome site! Actually I thought there are many many users online all the time, I'm active at sites where 20 members online is a lot cat.gif but it's really hard to read that there once were so many more... But in my opinion there will be always new members who will fall in love with this site (like I did) and it would be great if you'd manage to keep the site open!
With love~
Bella ampharos.gif
+Quote Post

Wingcap
post Mar 13 2015, 12:23 PM
Post #97

The Champion of Sinnoh~
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 714

My Favourites~

May 8th 2015 will mark 5 years of me being on this site. All I can think is, I really hope it's still around for me to get there, and long after! GPX+ has been such an enjoyable little pastime of mine for the past few years, I've always had it open in my browser to check on every couple hours. At the start of each month, checking for Wymsy's 'Month of X' thread has become part of my routine, and it was always exciting to see what new stuff you guys could have come up with. Recently over the past few months, I have been very active here, working on achievements I was never able to get when I first joined, describing and leveling all of my Pokémon, who I will actually be sad to see go.

I understand your decision, Zerx, Jeff and Wymsy. We have all tried things and lost interest - indeed, I have the utmost admiration for your efforts in this site. The fluidity with which it works is, to me, amazing. It doesn't come as a surprise that the site would take up more of your life than you would like.

To be honest, these two announcements (I missed Wymsy's until now) came as a shock to me. I always knew the forums weren't as full as 2 years ago, the site wasn't as busy, but it still never occurred to me that shutting down the site was a possibility, which was probably naive of me.

I think it would be a huge shame to let the site go like this. Running it and paying for it, these are costs you shouldn't have to bare if you don't want to, but I think if something can be done to pass this site on to those who continue to be interested in it, you should do it.

Just my two cents. Thanks for all you've done for this community, everyone who's contributed to this site!
Let's see if I can't finish my goals before 3 months are out~

--------------------

[Me][My Bro]
(click to show)

Nintendo 3DS FC: 3024-6524-0103|NNID: Wingcap|Steam: Wingcapx

pretty much everything credit Cycloneblaze, except the egg
+Quote Post

Roxi
post Mar 13 2015, 12:59 PM
Post #98

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 946

Active Squad

This is disheartening and encouraging at the same time... I'm not very active on the forums, but I've been with GPX+ for years now. Back when clicking was hard, haha. I've enjoyed all the time I've spent here and I wouldn't trade it, but I know change is inevitable. I'm glad the site will continue - suspended in time - for at least the moment, and I hope changes can be made to keep things going. If it can't and worse comes to worst, it will be sad, but understandable. No matter what the future holds, I'll be around til the end.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Shauntal
post Mar 13 2015, 02:54 PM
Post #99

Queen of the Mismagius
Group Icon

Member No.: 170 024

the dream baybee

I'm glad that the site will still be up- I mean, I basically never use the forums, but GPX is like my favourite Pokemon site I've ever been on, and I'm on every day for hours upon hours. It would make me so sad to see my pokemon like Amaterasu and Melody to disappear. :c
With that said, though, I'd support whatever is decided upon, even if I might be sobbing in the corner of my room again. blargagh.gif

--------------------

Spoiler (click to showhide)

+Quote Post

Alicat
post Mar 13 2015, 03:06 PM
Post #100

Novelty Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 54 424

Favorites

I'm very happy to hear the site is still staying up. I agree with everyone's sentiment that "frozen in time is better than nonexistent." I've made many great friends here, even traveled across Canada and gotten engaged to someone I met on here! (who I'm actually sitting behind right now xD) I've loved contributing to the site however I can, meeting the people I've met, and I would be so heartbroken if GPX disappeared... I know life gets ahead of us, and we stop being able to be on our former frequent websites when that happened. I had to abandon moderating another forum because life caught up to me, but I still come play on GPX almost every day grin.gif

If you need volunteers for judging or art or anything... there's members like myself who would be willing to volunteer our time (: Kinda need an excuse to wean myself off facebook anyways

--------------------

3rd place in Vitamin C #3 - Christmas
3rd place in Vitamin C #004 - Love
2nd place in Vitamin C #005 - Wild Fire!

Quotes <3 (click to show)

Daycare couple: Shiny Hunt

QUOTE(Nekomata @ Sep 28 2011, 01:38 PM) *
Long time no see, Alicat~! (If you don't remember me, I'm going to have to murder you later, alright?)
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:08 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.