Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Question about the new event system.
switzerIand
post Aug 22 2010, 02:48 AM
Post #21

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 87 601

Hunter's Party

QUOTE(Darien @ Aug 22 2010, 03:46 AM) *
QUOTE(Pinsir @ Aug 22 2010, 02:40 AM) *
Okay, let's break this down for people who don't know how to read.

Uxie - 20 000 - 350 - 735
350 eggs will be given out to the top 735 people.
That leaves 385 people out of the top 735 without an Uxie egg.

Entei - 15 000 - 280 - 476
280 eggs for people in the top 476.
That leaves 196 people out of the top 476 without an Entei egg.

Unless I completely misinterpreted this.

Might want to go read the Thread again, especially this part:

"Format is: Pokemon name - number of total interactions required - number that will be given randomly - number that will be given based on activity - multiplier that there will be on the day before the event
Note that I will be keeping the dates to myself, but before every event day, there will be an increased multiplier day (and Critical Mass days don't count, and there will not be an event following a Critical Mass day). So if there is an increased multiplier anytime before the end of August, it means the next Pokemon on the list is being distributed on the following day.
The multipliers will also always be the inverse of the ratio between the two penultimate numbers in each row."

756 Entei eggs were given out in total. 280 were given out at random (Like events have been done before) while the top 476 active users should have been given the rest.

sorry misread it

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

kingofjazz
post Aug 22 2010, 02:59 AM
Post #22

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 35 554

Active Squad

Edit: kingofjazz: No need to get so defensive about her egg :\ Just pointing out what seems most logical. Since you yourself said the event post says it all and it's not confusing at all how it works. We have what seems like two points of views on how the eggs were given out and we're simply trying to find out which is correct. If the way I think isn't right, then that's fine, I can accept being wrong, it's not that big of a deal. After all, this is the help forum. Not the "OMG can't believe you didn't know that and you're actually asking" forum.

Me defensive - your the one totally not seeing what some players are saying or BB for instance..I came here to help and you have shot me down.. Like you said "it's not that big of a deal"

This post has been edited by kingofjazz: Aug 22 2010, 03:01 AM

--------------------
My Party

+Quote Post

Rofl Copter
post Aug 22 2010, 03:05 AM
Post #23

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 43 628

Sought Shinies

The way I personally see it, is this:

A number of the eggs will be given out to people that meet the requirements, and have obtained a high activity ranking for that day. But this does not guarantee that you will get an event egg - it just gives you a better chance.

I'm not sure if this is how it works, but it's exactly how I read it. I went for a high activity score that day (second highest one for someone that was eligible for the event) and I believe that gave me one of the best possible chances for the Entei. Not necessarily a guarantee - just increased chance.

And kingofjazz was simply trying to help out, and pointed out what she believe the problem might have been. You don't need to get a bit annoyed just because it might not have been the answer you wanted.

--------------------

Doctor Octopus made this beasty thing. Go check her out!

+Quote Post

Darien
post Aug 22 2010, 03:10 AM
Post #24

Does this smell like chloroform to you?
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 046

Active Squad

QUOTE(kingofjazz @ Aug 22 2010, 02:59 AM) *
Edit: kingofjazz: No need to get so defensive about her egg :\ Just pointing out what seems most logical. Since you yourself said the event post says it all and it's not confusing at all how it works. We have what seems like two points of views on how the eggs were given out and we're simply trying to find out which is correct. If the way I think isn't right, then that's fine, I can accept being wrong, it's not that big of a deal. After all, this is the help forum. Not the "OMG can't believe you didn't know that and you're actually asking" forum.

Me defensive - your the one totally not seeing what some players are saying or BB for instance..I came here to help and you have shot me down.. Like you said "it's not that big of a deal"

Then care to run that by me one more time? Here's what I read from BB:

QUOTE("BB")
I'd suggest carefully rereading the thread, since you seem to have missed a good portion of the information therein, yup yup.

Alright, done. I read it over, quite a few times, pretty carefully. Seems as though what I thought still stands (Which I've posted before about how the eggs were distributed).

QUOTE("BB")
Well, if you were in the top x most active users, and didn't get one, then you must not have met all the requirements - either you didn't have an open party slot when it was distributed, you already got an event Pokemon this event, or you already have an Entei, yup yup.

Here's the kicker, I understand this quote to the fullest however, it's not what happened unfortunately. This quote implies that the top 476 most active users should have received an egg so as long as they met the other requirements. Which all can be proven (That I know of) except if I had a full party at the time the eggs were handed out. Which I'm 100% positive I did. I rarely have a full party and I (Like most people I'm sure) would have made sure they had an open slot when they know they have some shot of getting an event egg.

Pinsir: It's fine, don't worry about it ^^

Edit: Rofl Copter: I could see that being a possibility, however wasn't the impression that I got from BB's Post. If he's willing to clarify his post to help people understand what he meant that that'd be helpful. And I know he was trying to help, and I appreciate it. But the bit about how I didn't know how his daughter didn't get her egg was a bit much. Everyone knows I have no way of knowing (Nor anyone else except Staff I'm sure) how she received her egg yet he felt it was needed to point it out as though I have no idea what I'm talking about. If the way the activity eggs were given out is like I think (And have pointed out a few times in this Thread) then the only other likely way it happened was via the random batch.

--------------------

~Growing older is inevitable - growing up is optional~
+Quote Post

kingofjazz
post Aug 22 2010, 03:31 AM
Post #25

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 554

Active Squad

Rofl - you've hit the nail on the head yet again..

This post has been edited by kingofjazz: Aug 22 2010, 03:35 AM

--------------------
My Party

+Quote Post

ForeverGone
post Aug 22 2010, 05:03 AM
Post #26

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 48 080

Moon's Rangers

Darien, the fact BB used the term "x" instead of specifically saying "476" makes me think that, indeed, itworked the way Rofl explains. ^^'

It's just one tiny letter, but why would he bother using that mark instead of the actual amount if he didn't mean something ? ^^'

Besides, that's the only logical explanation we have all come up with so far. :<

--------------------
Member of :

+Quote Post

Darien
post Aug 22 2010, 06:34 AM
Post #27

Does this smell like chloroform to you?
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 046

Active Squad

While it may be the most logical, I'm unfortunately still not convinced. I'm fairly positive BB used x instead of the direct number is because he wasn't necessarily talking about the Entei egg but rather all of them, saying it more as a generalization rather than referring to just one set of eggs specifically. At least that's my take on it. I guess if BB wants us to know, he'll tell us.

--------------------

~Growing older is inevitable - growing up is optional~
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Aug 22 2010, 06:39 AM
Post #28

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Gotta say.

I have to agree with what Rofl was saying. Completely.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Aug 22 2010, 06:56 AM
Post #29

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

While Rofl's explanation WOULD make sense, I agree with Darien that BB's post in this thread seems to imply that, as long as you are within the X number of people who were the most active, you SHOULD have gotten an egg given that you've met all the other requirements; he wouldn't have expressed such surprise if, given X being larger than the number of eggs distributed for the event, a person didn't get one.

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Aug 22 2010, 07:04 AM
Post #30

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Well... I guess when you're x active.. like you said, within 476..

Not meeting the requirements should give the 477th active person a higher chance to get an egg?

Or am I completely wrong? XD

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Icicle
post Aug 22 2010, 11:21 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Member No.: 18 407

Active Squad

Big Bidoof can come comment to clarify things later, but for now I am locking this thread. The discussion is getting ridiculous and on top of that there are to be no topics to discuss the event anyways (as this is what this thread has boiled down to).

--------------------

flight rising: IcicleKurai | Twitch: icicledust
twitter: icicledust_ | instagram: incendiary.wit
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:34 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.