Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Should the Animes have been longer?, Animes that end too soon.....
SilverLugia456
post Nov 24 2012, 04:02 PM
Post #1

None
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 102 120

Top Favorites

I think some of us have seen at least one anime somewhere along the line where it has only been like 12 episodes long and we sit there and say this is just too short why couldn't you have made more episodes. I have seen quite a few animes do something like this and it just makes me a disappointed that no more episodes where made. Do you have a favorite anime or show that you think ended too soon or should have had more episodes to it? Are there any Anime shows that you wish to see redone or changed for one reason or another?

For me personally the two biggest ones that bother me are Kaichou Wa Maid-sama and Special A the reason for this is for Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama the manga is still ongoing but the Anime show stops at 26 episodes and there is so much more that the show could go off since it basically was sticking to the manga based storyline.

Special A is another one but the Manga is completed but I think they should have redone the anime over because in the manga had a little bit more to it that made the story interesting and it seems like the anime only scratched the surface of it and didn't go into the heart of it.

Besides those two specific ones there have been a few more I have seen like Samurai Deeper Kyo, Legend of Legendary Heroes, and Soul eater that I think were made too soon because the mangas were still ongoing when the anime was produce and so there are only 26(51 I believe in Soul Eater) episodes in those ones and it stops at a certain point but you know it goes on more after that point.

This post has been edited by SilverLugia456: Nov 24 2012, 04:30 PM

--------------------

Visit my youtube Page: SilverLugia345

GPXplus Groups Joined (click to show)

Contest Ribbons and Credits (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Letan
post Nov 24 2012, 04:16 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

Personally, the vast majority of my favourite anime series have been relatively short (under 60 episodes) and I prefer that. I just hate dedicating myself to a series that just keeps going on without even knowing if it's going to get a legitimate ending or if it's going to be cancelled abruptly. I had that problem with Bleach, where the series went on after the main villain was defeated. I still like Bleach, but I don't think I'd catch up on the series until finding out that there's a definitive ending.

I prefer going into a series knowing that it's going to start here and end there, not "yeah this is going to start but we'll just drag the whole thing on for a couple decades." It's satisfying to be given a proper ending, and FMA Brotherhood and Death Note both had some pretty good endings. What I also like about shorter series is that, like video games, if they're good enough and I feel like watching them again, I can easily do so. I can just clear the series in a few days, whereas rewatching all of Naruto + Naruto Shippuden is easily a two-month ordeal.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post Nov 24 2012, 04:30 PM
Post #3

None
Group Icon

Member No.: 102 120

Top Favorites

QUOTE(Letan @ Nov 24 2012, 04:16 PM) *
Personally, the vast majority of my favourite anime series have been relatively short (under 60 episodes) and I prefer that. I just hate dedicating myself to a series that just keeps going on without even knowing if it's going to get a legitimate ending or if it's going to be cancelled abruptly. I had that problem with Bleach, where the series went on after the main villain was defeated. I still like Bleach, but I don't think I'd catch up on the series until finding out that there's a definitive ending.

I prefer going into a series knowing that it's going to start here and end there, not "yeah this is going to start but we'll just drag the whole thing on for a couple decades." It's satisfying to be given a proper ending, and FMA Brotherhood and Death Note both had some pretty good endings. What I also like about shorter series is that, like video games, if they're good enough and I feel like watching them again, I can easily do so. I can just clear the series in a few days, whereas rewatching all of Naruto + Naruto Shippuden is easily a two-month ordeal.

I've actually had that problem with One piece I think it got dragged out too much and half of the episodes aren't even part of a storyline or plot, its going on like 600 episodes and more now which is one of the reasons why i have stopped watching it or have picked and choose which episodes I do watch. I was a bit sad when Bleach suddenly ended cause it seemed to be keeping up with Manga and then suddenly it was stopped and it was just bad the way it was suddenly just stopped.

Another anime i watch Case Closed/Detective Conan has like 634 episodes or a bit more than that and its a series that I think is a good detective one but it gets a bit repetitive in places like i know the series is suppose to be about the detective who turns into a kid and needs to find the people who did it and stop but his secret being almost being discovered gets a bit old. I think out of the 600 episodes it has almost been discovered like 20 times and no one has figured it out yet even though the times where its almost revealed its as clear as day who he is. The writer of the manga says he has a ending in mind but doesn't want to end the manga yet so I don't know how many more episodes will go on before it ends. I just think the series could go on if he was back in his normal body for a few episodes instead of just one ever like 100.

But I do agree with you that there are some animes out there that I think are just too long and should have been cut down shorter.

--------------------

Visit my youtube Page: SilverLugia345

GPXplus Groups Joined (click to show)

Contest Ribbons and Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Sillyi7
post Jan 5 2013, 07:52 PM
Post #4

神が死んだ!
Group Icon

Member No.: 186 774

My Favorites

In my opinion, I'm more into the one's that are short 'cause if they end up getting too long or are on-going I'll become either obsessed, bored with it, or mad that there are fillers (as their are usually fillers for the on-going ones). The short ones seem to explain everything there is about the plot, and if I'm not satisfied I can always go to the wiki/manga for reference. Plus the shows can be a pain to download obtain if they are large files... Besides if the fans want more they usually get a second season to wrap things up... Usually. One of my favorites at the moment would have to be "Binbougami ga!" and it's not long at all. Also, the long animes drag out for a while, and sometimes things just get too crazy/dumb.

But yah, that's just me. o3o

I was watching Naruto (and I have been with it practically since it's very American beginnings) and now it's becoming a huge pain so I'm just quitting on it for now... I can keep up with Fairy Tail though, the fillers aren't that bad and I just like the show in general.

--------------------

None of this is mine^^
+Quote Post

PheonixGRX
post Feb 21 2013, 09:35 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 38 264

Active Squad

QUOTE(Letan @ Nov 25 2012, 07:16 AM) *

After reading the first half, thought you should know that Bleach is actually ending, or has already ended. The anime is cutting off soon, and so is the manga.

Also I agree that some are annoying how it just keeps going and going, and you end up spending over a thousand dollars on just the anime, but in the end, it is worth the trip. They can teach you a lot of things, and help make you become more of a gentleman (to some people)

--------------------
Help Bring back an old pokemon manga, visit and like this page HERE!

Join in on the adventure, and help decide our characters fate. Click HERE!
+Quote Post

Kiwani
post Mar 13 2013, 09:20 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 193 095

The Dream Team

The anime I wish was longer?

Deadman Wonderland: Twelve episodes is not long enough.

Devil May Cry Animated Series: Same as above.

Highschool of the Dead, though I heard there should be a second season coming out.

There's probably more that I can't think of, but these are the three I could think of off the top of my head.
+Quote Post

Jen
post Mar 15 2013, 01:31 PM
Post #7

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Umineko no naku koro ni, and it actually should have been longer because only the question story line was animated. I think it was just unpopular though, but it left the whole answer arc unanimated which left the end of the anime on a giant cliff hanger.

The sound novel of the anime is so long and boring to go through too. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:51 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.