Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Going Bovine, Moo?
Angels Fall Firs...
post Mar 13 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #1

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 743

Active Squad

GOING BOVINE
FIDONA RP
OOC Topic

"Come on, Rue!" Finn shouted as he ran to the end of the block. Tightening the grip on the ticket he held he looked back at his little red-orange partner and sighed as it squealed all the way to his trainer. "You can just wait in your pokeball." Finn gave his Pokemon a smile and slipped it back into it's red and silver pokeball. Turning around he slipped his ticket back into his pocket and darted off towards his boat.

The green haired teen dodged people along the way as best as he could, but no one was perfect. He accidentally bumped into a few folks here and there and didn't apologize for it. He couldn't in his mind, he had to get to the boat or else his path would be blocked yet again. "Excuse me!" The trainer roared as he sprinted as fast as he could.

Once he reached the end of the pier and to his boat he was greeted by a man with a good, jolly old face. "Here for a tour, son?"

"N-no!" He fumbled around his pockets and pulled out his ticket, breathing heavily. "My... ticket. For Port Barley!"

"Hmm..?" The old man said, taking his ticket. "Ah ha! You're a bit late 'ere, son. Your boat's already gone and left!" He rose his chubby pointer finger out towards the sea, "If you look hard enough you can still probably see it!"

"What!?" Finn shouted. "I missed it!? When did it leave?"

"Well, let's see." He replied, rubbing his chin. "Awhile ago at least. I mean look, I can squeeze it with one of my eyes closed. That always means it's far off."

Finn gave himself a worthy face palm and sighed. "Alright, thanks much, sir." He turned himself around, slipping his ticket back into his pocket, and wandered down the pier. He would have to wait again to see when the next ferry out was going to be.

~

"A few hours until the next one?" The green haired teen repeated. "And there's no earlier one, at all?"

"Nope," the woman behind the counter said with a smile. "I'm sorry. Also, this will be the last one of the day, so if you don't make it either, then you'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon."

"Thank you very much." Finn sighed. He waved as he left and the woman gave him a nod and a friendly smile.

Once outside he turned down the street and found a park bench, waiting for him. He didn't have anything else to do other than wait, so he took a seat and looked around at all the people who passed him by. "I'm going to go crazy waiting." Finn mumbled as he shook his head.

This post has been edited by Angels Fall First: Mar 13 2011, 10:02 PM

--------------------
PANE: Finn Oakley (click to show)
PANE: Liam West (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 14 2011, 03:43 AM
Post #2

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

"Cesc! Your package arrived!"

Jerking at the sound of his name, Cesc snapped his head to the door. Excitement was written all over the teen's face as he leapt from the bed where he'd been seated. He bolted up the stairs, taking them two at a time, and half-stumbled into the kitchen.

"Aunty, where is it!?" he went into a crouch, hands wide as if he were tending goal at a football match. "Don't hide it from me, Aunty."

"Here" The older woman in the kitchen laughed at her nephew's exuberance, tossing him the package she'd just signed for. Cesc caught it excitedly and sat down at the kitchen table. Before he dove in to open the arrival, he whistled sharply. From the living room, a Chimchar and Sneasel skittered in at their summonses.

"Val, Obie, it's finally here!" he grinned broadly as the sidled up to him, eying the package with great interest. He reached down, lifting one then the other onto the table to see. With barely restrained patience and calmness, he opened the box to see his new book: "The Coordinator In You"

"It'll be so nice to have you advertising our clothes, dear. If you can get some of your friends to as well, we'll give them some free clothes to show off at gym battles and contests too." Aunty smiled as she set down some toast and jam before her eager nephew, and two poffins on the table for the pokemon.

"Aunty, I'll do my best" Cesc smiled, taking a dainty bite out of the toast. He flipped open his book and began to read.

"Dear, we have a delivery to Fidona today. Can you get Cesc to hop on Speed and fly over?"

Cesc groaned, he hated flying around on Speed, the family's Skarmory. His uncle's voice over the videophone seemed cheerful and happy for the business, if not a little weary and tired.

"Of course." his Aunty nodded absently as she bent over a piece of fabric with her needle quick at work.

"Uncle, would you mind if Speed left me in Fidona for awhile?" Cesc piped up "I got my coordinating book, and it told me to observe the natural patterns in nature. I want to explore the jungles of Fidona a bit."

"Just make sure you get someone to guide you around, so you're not running out there alone." His uncle shrugged "And definitely make sure you make the delivery first."

"Uncle, I will." Cesc bowed grandiosely at the television-phone, eliciting a small chuckle from his Uncle.

"Come by and pick up the order in half an hour, then be on your way"

The phone clicked out, leaving Cesc with only half an hour to prepare. He bolted back down the stairs from the kitchen, followed closely by Valentine and Oberon.

"We're going to Fidona guys, it's time to dress up!"

Moments later, Cesc reappeared upstairs wearing a nicely pressed black button up shirt (of the soft silk variety) with the sleeves rolled up, and the buttons not completely up to the top. A pair of black slacks, suspenders over top, and black dress shoes. Around his arms, he wore a pair of red bands just above his elbows.

"Sweetie, you're wearing our armbands today?"

"I figured they'd draw a little attention over in Fidona, which is mostly blues and greens, right?" Cesc smiled. Valentine emerged from the stairwell, wearing a blue scarf around his neck, and Oberon appeared behind him, wearing a Sneasel-fit black fedora.

"My my, Valentine, Oberon, you look so classy too!" Aunty clapped her hands as the three took a bow. "Now hurry on over to the shop, or else the delivery will be late."

Francesco Rojas, delivery boy for his Aunt and Uncle's shop in Arasam, absolutely hated flying on Skarmory. This particular Skarmory, Speed, would do his very best to make the flight as miserable as possible for Cesc. This was not really out of malice, but mostly for the metal bird's own amusement.

Flying out over the ocean after a bit, he made sure to dip and dive at erratic moments, revelling in Cesc's short, panicked screams. He would've flipped upside down, but there was the chance that Cesc's cargo would go tumbling off into the deep blue as well.

Before long, the big metal bird alighted on the Fidonan soil, with Cesc hopping off as quickly as he could. He straightened himself out, notably adjusting his hair back into the silk brocade he wore. Then he pulled the package out of his backpack, looking again at the address. As he did, the big Skarmory made something of a cackling caw before taking off again, heading back to Arasam.

"Excuse me" Cesc turned to the green-haired boy on the bench that he'd evidently landed in front of.. Hair? green? Odd. "Where is the pokemon center here?"

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Mar 16 2011, 05:00 PM
Post #3

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

Finn was about to call out one of his Pokemon when one landed right in front of him. With a blank expression he just glanced at the steel bird as another figure jumped off of it. "The center is that way." Finn answered, pointing down the end of the block. "Take a right once you hit the corner and you should be able to see it."

He gave the guy a look over, he was a spiffy one, looking pretty nice. Finn let a chuckle escape his lips and took notice of the package the man was holding. The package caught his interest, but he wasn't in any position to be nosy. "That was a pretty nice Skarmory. I'm guessing you're a trainer too?"

(OOC: We'll give her another day. We can social because then it will still give her a chance to put in an introduction post for her character too. If she doesn't post then we can obviously move on.)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 18 2011, 04:09 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"The center is that way." The green haired kid responded, pointing to indicate the specifics of said 'that way'. "Take a right once you hit the corner, and you should be able to see it."

"Many thanks" Cesc smiled, giving something of a slight bow.

"That was a pretty nice Skarmory. I'm guessing you're a trainer too?"

"You guess pretty well. I've had my pokemon for a little bit, but now I have an excuse to travel around a bit. Speed, the Skarmory, belongs to my Aunt. I just borrow him for deliveries." He indicated his package, holding up what could either be a large tome, or a box with clothes. "They run a tailor shop in Arasam." He indicated the clothes he was wearing, striking something of a pose. "My wearing them is the best advertisement, no?"

He gave a quick turn, then hefted the package with one hand into the air as if it were a pizza, placed one hand on his hip and looked skywards. Cesc imagined this to be a rather dashing pose. "Naturally, by winning pokemon contests, I can advertise these fine wares." He flipped up the bottom of his black shirt to reveal his pokeball belt, wherein he deftly plucked them out, tossing them forward.

A Chimchar wearing a blue scarf popped out alongside a Sneasel with a jet black fedora. Upon appearance on the field, the two instantly took poses. Valentine, the Chimchar, took a knee, placing both hands on it while smiling cheerfully at Finn, while Oberon, the Sneasel, tipped his hat downwards, adopting a sort of cool film noir sort of pose. "Meet Valentine and Oberon" he gestured at them, finally breaking his own pose. "They'll help me advertise our pokemon wares as well."

After the rather grandiose (And wholly unnecessary) exposition, he finally reached out his free hand towards the trainer on the bench. "I'm Francesco, but please, call me Cesc. You are?"

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Mar 21 2011, 08:53 PM
Post #5

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

Raising an eyebrow, Finn watched without a word or an expression for that matter at the exposition that was being shown to him. After that he let another chuckle slide, nodding his head. "Finnley Oakley," he stated, reaching for Cesc's hand. "Finn, for short." The green haired teen added.

"You have nice Pokemon, very fashionable like you." He glanced over at the two Pokemon and gave them a look over too. It was funny how they matched so well. Finnley took a second and thought of how his Pokemon would look if they were dressed similar to him. He held in his laughter, since it would have been a bit odd just laughing out loud for no apparent reason.

Finn rose from his seat, still holding onto Cesc's hand, "Oh, also, it's a pleasure to meet'cha." He loosened his grip on Cesc's hand and returned them to his pocket, giving his new acquaintance a friendly smile. "I don't want to keep you from finishing your errand, Cesc, but I wanted to ask if maybe we could have a friendly training match?"

The trainer had thought it would be a perfect time to give Rue, Nihall, and Bailey some experience in a real battle, seeing how that's what they were going to do if they wanted to become the best.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 22 2011, 01:38 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"You have nice pokemon, very fashionable, like you."

At the sound of anything remotely complimentary, Cesc would often smile and give what he imagined was a sexy look. However, this was a full on compliment. To him. The attention whore in him screamed out for validation, and while attempting to look sexy, he therefore made a goofy sort of grin instead. Even while mentally slapping himself, he was pretty sure it was still a very good face.

After his beaming wore down, Cesc blinked at the offer for a battle.

"Well, if you don't mind letting me run my errand first. I just need to drop off this package for Nurse Joy." Cesc recalled Valentine and Oberon to their portable homes before turning. "You're welcome to join me, and I'll indulge you in a battle afterward."

With that he turned to head in the direction that Finnley had pointed him towards. Before long, they reached the little pokemon center in the middle of the jungle island.

Entering, he smiled at the warm entryway as he stepped into the center. With a bright smile, he took a quick jog up to Nurse Joy and handed her the package. "Here is the formal Nurse Gown you requested. Your account has already been debited, so if you'd just sign here please."

With a bright smile, she gleefully accepted the package, signing quickly before drawing it out. In her hands was now a beautiful white gown with the red cross on her shoulders and over her heart. A matching tiara with a jewelled jigglypuff atop the center. After 'ooh'ing and 'aah'ing, Cesc turned to Finn.

"Whenever you're ready, I'll be glad to accept your battle, Finn." With a thumbs up and a wink, he took a pose right out of the book of Maito Guy.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Mar 25 2011, 09:48 AM
Post #7

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

Finn honestly didn't want to go along, but he wanted a battle, so that is what compelled him to follow. With a nod to himself he made his way behind Cesc to the Pokemon Center. There he watched as the guy gave the nurse a dress. It was just as fashionable as Cesc's clothes which Finn deemed as odd for a Nurse Joy to wear. "She's a girl, they like clothes." His mind stated, which made him grin.

Snapping back into reality, Finn was greeted by another pose from Cesc, which made him grin even wider. "Alright! Come on, let's head outside." The green haired trainer now led the way as they distanced themselves and the center. Their battle field was a little, cleared grassy area which provided enough room for a battle. Before even starting the battle, Finn could feel the adrenaline pumping in his veins. Battles always excited him and he was expecting a good one. Cesc wasn't just a coordinator, he was a trainer too, battle moves are important in any contest too, so Finn wasn't going to let his guard down for one second.

"Nihall! Let's do it!" Finn roared as he tossed his Pokeball over his head. A second later a crimson lightning bolt appeared in front of him and out-popped a small chick.

Nihall shook his body and he took one big jump into the air, stretching himself before the battle.

"You can make the first move, Cesc, since I challenged you." The Slateport native smiled.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 25 2011, 10:37 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Cesc assumed his position across the makeshift field from Finnley, resting his hands akimbo as he sized up the pokemon before him. The little chick pokemon seemed pretty cute. Cute appeal would certainly work for Nihal.

He took a brief second to imagine the Torchic with diamond rings as anklets and a little tiara for its cute little head. Adorable.

However, he retreated back to reality before his design sense took total hold over him. Finn had already seen both of Cesc's pokemon, but that gave him no advantage whatsoever; Cesc's Pokemon were stylish.

"Trip away, make no stay, Oberon!" The coordinator drew the pokeball from his belt as he quoted, throwing it skywards as he summoned his Sneasel to the field. The ball cracked open high in the air, shooting its beam down like a thunderstrike onto the field. After a dark flash, Oberon the Sneasel stood there, tilting his fedora over his eyes, his other claw on his hip.

"You can make the first move, Cesc, since I challenged you." Finn's smile seemed almost...battle ready? This kid was clearly a full on trainer, with no need to specialize in flashy arrays. In fact, if Cesc had to guess, he'd say that Finn was a direct assault sort of hitter. Luckily, Cesc didn't bother to guess.

Without thinking, he launched into one of his favourite start up moves:

"Oberon, Screech". The Sneasel tipped his hat before tossing it aside (so as not to take any damage). Rearing back, he snapped forward emitting an incredibly shrill noise. This attack was aimed at severely lowering Oberon's opponent's defense, leaving them vulnerable to his arsenal of quick and speedy attacks.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Apr 1 2011, 03:55 PM
Post #9

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

Nihall winced and froze in his spot without making a move. Finn did the same and held onto his ears tightly as Oberon's attack was effecting him too. He looked around for some kind of opening, but his Torchic had no opportunity to strike. "Alright, let's get back into the game, Focus Energy!"

Torchic opened its' eyes and took the Screech. It knew what it had to do know and was now refocused, ready to begin his assault. "Go, scratch now!" Finn commanded, pointing at the opposing Sneasel. His little bird lunged itself in Oberon's direction and brought down it's foot, trying to catch it's opponent.

ooc (click to show)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Apr 2 2011, 11:42 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Cesc flashed a broad grin as the battle was met. The cute little Torchic seemed to weather the heinous Screech attack fairly well, even if his trainer seemed equally rattled by it.

Across the field, Finn raised his hand to point at Cesc's Sneasel, which to the coordinator appeared to be a rather boring and uninspired pose. The little bird complied with his master's wishes, using his talon to inflict pain upon Cesc's pokemon. The dark-type pokemon stumbled back a little bit, a decent gash appearing on his chest. It appeared that the Focus Energy technique from earlier had allowed Nihall to score a critical hit.

On a somewhat related note, Cesc had a rare affliction known as heterochromia, meaning each of his eyes was a different colour. While one eye was a deep shade of chestnut brown, the other was a vibrant hazel.

For a moment, the brighter of his eyes seemed almost to catch in the light, glinting as he rose his head upwards. Clenching his left hand over his heart, he swept the right hand out wide, stepping forward with one foot as he did.

"Oberon, Counter!"

This was potentially a devastating response to Nihall's offensive. Nihall had scored a critical hit on Oberon, but Oberon's Counter move would inflict double the damage he'd received from before. For an instant, the Sneasel seemed to be shrouded in a translucent, pale blue aura. The blue haze seemed to flow from his body, draining from all over his self into his right claw. With the energy focused from the damage he'd received, Oberon charged forward, slashing viciously with his wicked claws.

ooc (click to show)

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Apr 3 2011, 10:58 PM
Post #11

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

Surprised by Nihall's critical hit, Finn grinned with great satisfaction as the battle raged on. Just as he would have thought, Cesc had a move that would do just as much damage as Finn's did, and even more. The Sneasel's counter move took Nihall right down. Swipe after swipe brought the small Torchic to have even less energy to move. It fell to the ground and rolled a few feet away, twitching, trying to raise itself up.

"You hang on in there!" The green haired youngster shouted, waving his hands at his partner. "Growl, show them we're not done just yet!"

His little Nihall slowly found himself onto his feet, one eye closed, bearing a scar, the other opened, focused on Oberon. The Torchic let out chirp after chirp, getting louder after every one, trying its best to show that it was still up and ready to go.

"That's it, buddy!" Finn smiled. "You're doing great!"

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Apr 3 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Cesc had to admit that it was quite heartwarming to hear Finn cheering on his pokemon in such a way. However, it sort of violated the rule of cool that Cesc was asprining towards.

The next attack was simply a series of chirps and tweets from the battered Nihall. On its own, it was really quite a cute attack. However, Cesc remembered that it was an offense-hamperer. Oberon was obviously quite taken with the cute chirps, and would probably not put as much effort into his next few attacks.

However, it didn't matter much. The Torchic was probably already on the verge of defeat. At the very least, his next move would either finish off the fire chick...or finish it off as it tried to retreat. Currently, it held the position of 'nastiest move' in Oberon's repertoire.

"Oberon, Pursuit!" He placed his right hand in his pocket, sweeping his left arm out in front of him in a bow-like gesture

Oberon nodded obediently, readying his claws in a menacing spread. If Finn attempted to recall Nihall to his pokeball, Pursuit would cut it off, dealing extra damage before Nihall retreated. Even if not, Oberon would deal a hefty amount of damage.

The Sneasel's claws grew a faint black aura as he ran forward, sending yet another vicious slash at the already defense weakened Torchic.

Cesc found himself a little disappointed thought. The attacks, while effective, weren't as...well...flashy as he'd liked. He knew he was working with a fairly limited move-set at the moment, and that Oberon would learn some new moves as he grew stronger. At the same time, he couldn't help but feel the ever present pinch of impatience just at the back of his brain.

At the very least, he was already ready for the battle to be over. It seemed that Finn had at least two more pokemon, so Cesc geared up to power through with a heavy assault.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Apr 4 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #13

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Nihall!" Finn shouted at the top of his lungs, as his little bird flew to the ground, crashing and unmoving. Finn bit his lips as he rushed on over to his Pokemon's side picking it up and whispering, "That was just fine, just fine." In a quick second he returned his Torchic and was now back into his battling position, gearing up for the next round.

"Oberon's strong," Finn said, complimenting his opponent. "I'll just have to keep going though, no giving up for me!" He tossed out his next Pokemon, his little, timid Cottonee, Bailey. Pointing at his opponent he grinned again. "Are you keeping Oberon or switching out?"

If Finn was in Cesc's position he would switch out, considering his other Pokemon, Valentine, had the type advantage over Bailey, but Finn hoped that Cesc would leave the Sneasel out to fight. "Bailey, whatever he does, be ready, got it?"

The little Cottonee responded by hopping up and down, showing that it was rearing and ready.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Apr 5 2011, 01:20 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Oberon watched keenly as the Torchic fell to the ground from his wicked attack. The sneasel flashed a devious grin, placing a claw just underneath his chin in something of a victory pose.

Cesc adopted the same pose before tipping a salute to the fallen pokemon. “You fought well, little friend”. As he spoke, he gave a little bow.

Finn seemed determined to keep going, and even went so far as to ask if Cesc wanted to switch. Cesc blinked. He hadn’t been a coordinator for that long, but even he knew that the sort of courtesy was never given.

“Oberon seems to be in fair shape” he looked to his pokemon, who turned back with a determined nod. “We’ll keep going for now”.

Bailey, his new opponent, was a fluffy pokemon that Cesc had never seen before. He wasn’t really that experienced, but even still, he hadn’t seen it. It must’ve been a mutant. That was the only feasible explanation.

“Oberon, start this off with a Taunt. It doesn’t look that strong, so we’ll shut down her support moves!” He wasn’t sure of the gender of the pokemon, and Bailey was sort of a neutral-gender name. He assumed it was a girl. S/he seemed quite ready to go.

Either way, Oberon leaned forward, his right claw akimbo on his hips. The other waggled teasingly at the Cottonee, hoping to enrage it into attacking only.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Apr 8 2011, 11:18 PM
Post #15

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

The green haired trainer smirked at what Cesc had ordered Oberon to do. Taunt wasn't going to work that easily on Bailey. Sure it was an enraging type move, but Finn's little fluff was a shy, timid little thing that never moved out of those emotions. "Growth!" Finn roared over Oberon's taunts, waving his hand in the air.

"He wants to see your attacks, let's give it to him! Absorb!"

Bailey hopped twice in position, the second time sent it flying into a gust of wind which then it began radiating with a green aura, preparing for it's absorption attack.

ooc (click to show)

This post has been edited by Angels Fall First: Apr 8 2011, 11:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Apr 9 2011, 02:46 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Cesc was completely unsure as to how the Cottonee had still managed to use a growth attack, despite the fact that Oberon had used Taunt. From what he understood, that was supposed to shut down all non-attacking moves, and yet the Cottonee had simply ignored it. It seemed impossible.

But nothing is impossible.

Oberon looked mildly uncomfortable as the warped air around him sucked up some of his energy, sending it back to his opponent, Bailey, who didn't seem to need the extra energy at all. Oberon teetered gently, but regained his footing quickly; Absorb was not a very powerful attack.

"Oberon, Quick Attack!" With surprising wicked speed, Oberon burst forward, sending one incredibly speedy swipe with his right claw at Bailey.

"Your pokemon's so very cute" Cesc grinned, indicating it with an open-palmed hand in a flourish with a bow. "Seems quite well raised, too."

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Apr 9 2011, 09:37 AM
Post #17

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

Bailey took the strike and hopped backwards, flailing into the ground. The little fluff began to whimper and hopped back even further away, nearing Finn. That first strike had already gotten Bailey afraid, but that was just her personality. The little thing wasn't that much of a battler, and Finn should have known.

"Come on, Bailey." Finn sighed. "You can do it!" He tried over and over to reboost his Pokemon's strength but nothing worked. It just winced every time he called her name. "You have got to be kidding me." He could feel the a burning sensation running through his body by now, and it wasn't a good thing. It was the side of his own personality that wasn't all that great either. "Bailey, get in there!"

This time, the little fluff was more afraid of Finn's angry voice than an attack by Oberon. It listened as its trainer began commanding it with a more assertive tone.

"Growth!" The green haired teen raged, "Then absorb!"

His Pokemon flinched from the sound of his voice, not moving, whatever he was doing wasn't helping Bailey at all. But Bailey not doing anything either wasn't brightening his mood anymore either.

This post has been edited by Angels Fall First: May 3 2011, 11:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Apr 11 2011, 12:12 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Cesc felt the pleasing adrenaline rush of victory bubbling under his skin. The only thing that kept it from rushing forth was Bailey. The poor creature was being screamed at by her trainer, and Cesc didn't like that. No sir.

"Hey" Cesc frowned, stepping forward boldly. His hands balled into fists as he leaned forward, sticking his chin out a little. "Don't you yell at your pokemon like that."

The fact that he sounded like a parent. He wasn't that much older than the teenaged Finnley, but the other trainer was acting a lot like a spoiled brat. Cesc wasn't exactly a righteous hero, by any means, but he didn't like seeing pokemon mistreated. Yelling at one's pokemon like that in a friendly match was something akin to verbal abuse. Having always stood up for the smaller kids in his group of friends, he found those self-same instincts rushing up inside of his heart.

After an awkward, fairly tense silence, Cesc softened a little, relaxing as he settled back into a fairly model-esque pose. With his arms crossed in front of him, and all his weight leaned on his right hip, Cesc called out to Finnley: "Let's pretend Bailey was unable to battle, so send out your final pokemon instead." Sure, Cesc had thought briefly about calling it a draw, but he kinda still wanted to win. Perhaps Bailey was a pokemon more suited to contests, like the one Cesc was preparing to enter. Perhaps after running around Fidona a bit, Finnley would join him for the Contest in Fidona. Well...maybe. It all depended on whether or not that attitude cleared up or not.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Apr 16 2011, 09:59 AM
Post #19

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

Finn bit his lips as Cesc's voice ran through his head. Sure he knew better than to yell at his Pokemon like that, but the little fluff wasn't moving, and that meant he wasn't going to win the battle. He was already down one Pokemon, and Bailey backing down meant two out of his three. The green haired boy shook his head and sighed, finally agreeing with Cesc's idea of returning Bailey.

"Come on back. This isn't for you," Finn muttered, "or me right now." He held up his last Pokeball and gripped it tightly, just breathing on it. It took him a few moments before he was able to lift his hand, and as he was preparing to throw his ball, a loud roar scared him from a distance. But he wasn't the only thing that was scared, a flock of birds flew into the sky as another roar was heard.

"What is that noise?" The trainer asked, still holding onto his Pokeball.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Apr 17 2011, 02:33 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Cesc crossed his arms, watching as Finn recalled the poor fluffy pokemon. Oberon looked back over his shoulder at his trainer, a little bit of confusion glinting in his normally menacing eyes. Cesc, not sure quite exactly what the look meant, merely shook his head.

Luckily for Cesc, Oberon had been planning on using Pursuit again, which would've attacked Bailey before he retreated fully into his pokeball. Thank goodness that Cesc had shaken his head to deny the request.

Finn prepared to unleash his final pokeball. It really wasn't a fair fight, Cesc finally decided. The coordinator's pokemon were a few levels higher than Finn's, probably. If anything, they knew a wider variety of techniques with which to utilize in combat. Even if Finn pulled out a type advantage, like with his Torchic, his pokemon didn't seem to know any moves to support said type advantage.

There was, unfortunately, the persistent side of the young coordinator that really, really didn't like losing. So even though the fight wasn't fair, he wasn't exactly about to take a dive, especially to spare the feelings of someone he'd just met today.

Luckily for Cesc, again, a loud roar ripped through the air, scaring a flock of birds and Finn. Cesc's initial instinct was to pretend to be unaffected, but he started visibly and shrank back a short distance. Even stalwart Oberon moved back a few paces until he was leaning against Cesc's quivering leg.

"Uh...Finnley. Why would you make such a scary noise?" He tried cracking a lame joke to ease the tension in the air, but it seemed to fall fairly flat, both in delivery and in receipt.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 09:41 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.