Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Royce Strife
Rasu
post Sep 6 2011, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Get-A-Load-Of-This-Guy Cam
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 19 272

Active Squad

STILL WIP

Name: Royce Strife (formerly known as William Sanders)
Hometown: Solaceon Town

Appearance:
Royce doesn't stray too far from your typical twenty-eight-years-old. His face doesn't reveal any scars (despite the dangers of his current and past jobs) and he's of average height and weight. He has short, dark brown hair as well as a trimmed goatee and hazel eyes. His abdomen now sports an huge scar on the left side from a recent run in with a furious Drapion. The wound isn't fully healed yet, crippling him to a degree and thus most of his torso is covered in bandages.

On to his normal attire, Royce is almost always seen wearing his grayish-brown duster that reaches down to his knees, which sports a couple holes due to old age. Underneath he wears a simple white and gray shirt with no distinguishable patterns. His jeans are dark blue and in good condition, same with the army boots he often wears. On his belt he has the typical six slots for his Pokeballs and a small holster where he holds his army knife. Royce also keeps a pair of leather, fingerless gloves stashed in one of his duster's pockets but only uses them when necessary.

Personality:
Royce isn't a very talkative person, to say the least. He cares for his own and his own only, most of the times shrugging off strangers to get his job done. Due to this most people regard him as a self-centered bastard while, in reality, he's actually trying not to drag them into danger, taking in account his "profession".

Once his mind is set on something it's very, very hard to convince him to give up on it. He likes to get his work done but, like he says, there's always work to be done. He only takes orders from his boss and, even then, it still takes a while for him to fully accept them, most of the time reluctantly.

In battle he isn't much different. Cold and merciless against his opponent. He will try to apply techniques that he learned in the army, such as creating a distraction and then flank the enemy. When he fights with his original team he doesn't really give any orders at all. His Pokemon are trained to think for themselves in the face of danger, excluding, of course, his two newest Pokemon.

Biography:
Born and raised in Solaceon by a family of ranchers, he had a very average childhood with his two parents and three sisters, back when he was known a William Sanders. He always had the wish to go out and see the world and, as he grew up, so did the desire. The years taking care of Tauros, Miltanks and Ponytas were getting stale and, despite the numerous protests from his mother, he eventually left Solaceon and joined the army in hopes of travelling.

And he sure did. One of those travels, however, would change his life as he knew it. He was sent with a recon squad to patrol the nearby jungle where he was stationed. As they were making their way back a landslide caught them by surprise, separating Will from the rest of the squad, breaking his radio and leaving him to feud for himself in the harsh environment.

The next few weeks were hard. He divided his time between building and maintaining shelter, gathering resources and hunting for food, the only problem being that the food kept getting stolen by a rather pesky Chimchar. Sick with the uninvited guest, Will proceeded to capture the monkey in an empty Pokeball he had found in his bag and, after getting used to eachother's company, the two started working together to survive.

One day, as they were exploring deeper into the jungle, the duo ended up on an abandoned camp... Or so they thought. The three inhabitants were no less than mercenaries in search of an artifact for whoever hired them. Will offered his help in exchange for salvation and, being his stubborn self, gave them no other choice. Surely enough the time he spent in that treacherous environment was useful as he already knew how to traverse the harshest parts of the jungle while remaining relatively safe. After a couple day of searching, the group eventually found a decrepit old temple long claimed by the jungle that housed plenty of artifacts for research.

At the end of the day Will was taken to another campsite, this one bigger and sporting more advanced machinery. He learned that it was, in fact, a research camp studying both the environment and the remains of civilization scattered through the jungle and that the 'mercenaries' he aided were simply part of the security team on-site. He was offered a proper meal and a warm bed for the first time in months and a chance to tell his story. For the next couple of weeks, Will and his companion (which had since evolved into a Monferno and took some time getting used to the sudden influx of humans) helped around the camp, mostly doing heavy lifting or advising the crew how to survive the jungle. In the end he was offered a ride back to Kanto, which he gladly took along with the Monferno.

Back in Kanto he was greeted with a job offer as security personnel and a temporary home, which, after some consideration, he accepted.

The following years were pretty much the same thing as above; searching for an item, Pokemon, or gathering intel for a certain client. His latest mission, however, is insane. Insane to the point of chasing down a beast too strong to contain. A beast that defied the very same humans that created it. Looking into gathering more information Royce sneaked his way into an abandoned hideout where he found files detailing the experiment and that it was an attempt to clone another creature... A creature they called Mew. That abandoned hideout was, however, the home of an extremely strong Drapion who was clearly not too happy about the stranger invading its territory. After wiping Royce's entire team (and, to some extent, Royce himself) it retreated back into the depths, allowing Royce to escape the damn place.

After leaving the hospital the mercenaries split into two groups. He, along with Sheila Fury, another of the mercenaries, were sent to Furoh to search for Mew while his boss and War searched different regions. Seeing how Furoh was a significantly larger region the duo was told to stay there and search it thoroughly as their boss and War took care of the smaller regions. They set up a small base in an apartment in Petropolis, Sheila being the computer expert of the group. After the accident with the Drapion, however, Royce decided it was time for his team to have some rest and picked up two Pokemon at a nearby shelter and left in search of the creature.

That thing can hide. That thing can even teleport, for all he cares. But one thing is for sure: it can't run forever.

Class: Mercenary, just another fancy title for trainer.

Starting Pokemon:
Italic mean Egg Move, Bold means TM move or tutor.

Pistos
Male Aron, Rock Head, adopted from a Petropolis shelter, level 15

Tackle // Harden // Mud-Slap // Headbutt // Metal Claw // Rock Tomb // Head Smash
Pistos (click to show)

Arete
Male Rufflet, Hustle, adopted from a Petropolis shelter, level 14

Peck // Leer // Fury Attack // Wing Attack // Hone Claws // Bulk Up
Arete (click to show)

Items:
  • Poketch
  • Army knife
  • Various berries and healing items
  • Food for both him and his Pokemon
  • Extra Pokeballs
  • Wallet
  • The eight badges from Kanto
What is the biscuit's name? The answer is... Waldorf... Or Scheherazade... I'm kinda lost here.
Other Notes: Not much for the time being. Yeah, he's chasing down Mew to chase down Mewtwo (Pokeception?) but they won't come into play in the RP since I have another sub-plot for him.
Also, just for future reference, his old team consists of: Infernape, Kadabra, Sableye and Shelgon.

This post has been edited by Rasu: Jun 4 2015, 03:39 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 6 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #2

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Now, if Roy ever wants to retain any of his old team, he'd probably have to do so via Capture Request, just so it's fair. He shouldn't be able to recall them to his main team, unless his average level is roughly the level that they're at. Fair?

Unless, you don't ever want to call those pokemon back to Royce's team, and if that's the case, you'll probably need more of an explanation as to why he'd abandon his cherished companions.

The whole mercenary story is a bit convoluted. I like it, don't get me wrong, but I'm willing to bet that there's a way to streamline the whole story, rather than have it appear haphazard.

For instance: Why would the government not notice that Royce Strife has reappeared, despite being claimed KIA. Governments do not work that way. He'd go to get a trainer's license, and they'd be like "Uh, sir, you're dead, according to this file."

I don't mind that he's searching for Mew, and thus Mewtwo, personally. Just, don't expect either of them to be popping up anytime soon. That would also mean that Royce's overarching storyline is rather moot, and will be for quite some time, so I hope you have some good side-plots for his life in Furoh.

So, there's a lot of thought put into this, but there are a few plot holes that could use some cementing over. It sounds like you had a bunch of good ideas, and threw them together in a semi-coherent plot. A few more details would be nice too, like who hired him to look for Mew, why did they choose Furoh to do so? If he lived in Sinnoh (hence Solaceon town), why did he opt to challenge the gyms in Kanto? Why was the mercenary tradition to challenge pokemon gyms to work on tactics? Don't they have military drills for that?

Basically, if you're going to introduce some thoughts, I'd like to see you back it up with some detail. (I sound like one of my harsher teachers, and for that, I apologize.)

Now for the Technical side.

Double Kick and Double Team can be used immediately.

Reversal and Extrasensory cannot be egg moves, as it would require two different fathers.

Father Options for Extrasensory: (Vulpix/Ninetales, Nuzleaf/Shiftry, Stantler, Whismur/Loudred/Exploud/Spoink/Grumpig/Zorua/Zoroark)

Father Options for Reversal:
(Growlithe/Arcanine, Vigoroth/Slaking, Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland, Mienfoo/Mienshao, Bouffalant, Rattata/Raticate, Pikachu/Raichu, Diglett/Dugtrio, Mankey/Primeape, Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior, Sentret/Furret, Houndour/Houndoom, Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken)

Unless you want to count Smeargle, but that's like...cheating and junks.

Anywho, once the fix-ups are done, I'll take another look at it.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Rasu
post Sep 7 2011, 10:47 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Active Squad

Dunno why, but I'm kinda glad it got denied. Guess because I needed the feedback, thanks.

Regarding his old team; I have no plans to utilize any of them (except maybe the Kadabra) and said sub-plot would pretty much just forbid him of using his old Pokemon. Pretty much gonna make him a coordinator against his own will (yay for battle hardened mercenaries taking part in contests) without access to them.

I was planning to say that he changed his name to what it is now to avoid such complications... Didn't do it at the last moment. Dunno why. Did it now, though.

Whoever hired them (I still don't know. I was planning to have it develop as the RPs go, mostly because I don't have any good ideas as of now but I liked the story enough to use it. I'll make something up, I swear) had them look for Mewtwo. After discovering some files they realized that Mewtwo was actually a clone of Mew (GASP!) and decided to search for the original first then go for the copy. Also changed the gyms a bit, using them to hone battle skills rather than battle tactics. Oh, and I added something more regarding the reason why they were sent to Furoh.

Yeah, I only really use Smeargle as a last resort. I even checked and all. Oh well, guess the Cyndaquil can live without Reversal.

Hope those points are slightly better now. Again, thanks for the feedback.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 7 2011, 08:59 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Still a few points of clarification required:

You still haven't stated an actual reason as to why he can't access his old team, aside from that he won't. If this could possibly be cleared up, please do.

You haven't explicitly extained why they were going to Furoh, of all places, to search for Mew. Mew sightings are incredibly rare to begin with, so why would Furoh be a likely place to find it?

The name change works for me.

Extransensory is approved, available at Level 31. (Should be 45, but I'll be nice!)

Few more fixes, and your profile will be cool by me.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Rasu
post Sep 8 2011, 02:55 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Active Squad

I haven't put the reason there because it hasn't happened yet. I plan to reveal it in a RP and thus begin his sub-plot.

I added a small detail to explain why they're in Furoh and why they aren't leaving any time soon. I don't really know about Furoh's size compared to the other regions but I'm guessing that it's larger. If that's not the case I'll find another way. Here's the line I added, to make things easier;

"Seeing how Furoh was a significantly larger region the duo was told to stay there and search it thoroughly as their boss and War took care of the smaller regions."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Sep 8 2011, 04:23 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Okie Dokie. Approved.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:04 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.