Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
The future of GPX
Level-X
post Mar 12 2015, 12:03 AM
Post #21

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 170 583

Squad

Man I was very nervous to open this topic, but I'm glad it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. Frozen in time very much beats being shut down forever. I don't think I can stress that enough, though I know how tough it can be running a server while handing things in real life. I know you guys aren't asking for money or anything, but I was actually going to finally donate some money soon, since I've been here for quite awhile already. oh.gif I hope this site can stay up for as long as possible and I sure hope you guys find someone to fill the spot of Wymsy and maybe even a couple of others to help out.

--------------------
GPX+ Shiny Tracker (v3.1.1) last updated on Oct. 16, 2023

» » » We can help you a lot quicker through the Discord compared to the Forums! « « «

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Mar 12 2015, 12:06 AM
Post #22

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

I'll be honest, when I joined in December of 2013, I knew the site was old and as I began to love it, I noticed the slow decrease in activity, including some members outright leaving, if only for a little while. It made me seriously question just how much longer the site would have, and I feared that there would be just decrease in activity after decrease in activity until the site was essentially vacant. I'm glad we still have GPX, if only for as long as we know, as I'm here pretty much all the time, even if I just have my party in a separate tab while I'm doing other things.
Like Jade said, whatever decision you guys make, I'll back it, and I thank you guys for your efforts in making this site such an enjoyable and entertaining experience.

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Mar 12 2015, 12:16 AM
Post #23

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

Nearing my 6th year on this site, I'm glad to see it's continuing, even if I have admittedly grown bored of it at times. From the day I joined, I have always supported it no matter what. I also like to thank those who put in their time throughout the years to keep making this site enjoyable and give people like myself more goals to work on and such. Even if it probably won't change much anymore, I'd much prefer this over it shutting down.

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Giraffe A Laugh
post Mar 12 2015, 12:18 AM
Post #24

That one laughing Giraffe
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 646

Active Squad

I love you all ;A;
It's been such an honour to be a part of the staff team, and I've met so many wonderful life-long friends, I can truthfully say those friends are the ones who've shown me the light, and made me into the person I am today, and I love you all so much for it <3
I'm so glad to see the site will remain open for a little longer, and even though my activity is pretty much non-existent at the moment, and has been for a while.. It's a nice feeling knowing I can log on whenever and see all those hard-earned pixels/achievements/whatever else there is! and ofc, I absolutely 110% support whatever you guys have planned for the future <3

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lunar Eclipse
post Mar 12 2015, 12:20 AM
Post #25

Person of interest
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12 224

Active Squad

I will admit- I sometimes described GPX as "my time waster" to some of my other friends. But hearing about its future makes me realize how wrong that is. GPX is not a place to waste time- its a way to embellish it. Though I've always preferred lurking in the forums to actually posting, I have always gotten a strong sense of community and commitment to this site.

Being a member since 2009, I can also understand how hard it is to remain active. I joined in middle school and never once thought I would still be playing it in my first year of college. There have been many time when I have left the site for months at a time in pursuit of other interests. However, GPX has grown immensely since those beginning days and I think it is an absolute blast to return to and see what has changed and what I can achieve.

I am glad to hear that the admin staff is making the effort to find an alternative solution - I'm sure that will be the best for everyone. I can't guarantee that life won't pull me away into reality from time to time, but I can promise that I will find a way to come back and promote this site- wither in words, time, or money (once I have some xD). Thank you for letting the community know what's on your mind.

--------------------
Pokeball by ArcticStar. Click for Dragon Cave (plz & thx).

+Quote Post

Vande
post Mar 12 2015, 12:36 AM
Post #26

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

Having just reached over my 5th year on the site - i had a lump in my throat reading this thread. Glad the site isn't closing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fletchling
post Mar 12 2015, 12:40 AM
Post #27

Cheep cheep!
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 530

Hmm....

I'm glad to have this information.

My activity has come and gone over the years, but GPX has also been very important to me. I also have friends I met here that I talk to daily. I know that all things do pass and the golden age of GPX is long over, but it does feel like it would be a loss to not have the little egg icon in my Chrome tabs for me to refresh and see if I have any shinies about to hatch.

Whatever happens, I have a feeling I'll be here to the end.

--------------------
[align=center]

//

[spoiler=Shinies]

[/spoiler]
[/align]
+Quote Post

demonicvampiregi...
post Mar 12 2015, 12:45 AM
Post #28

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 994

Active Squad

May not be the most active of people anymore but I do visit every now and then. Hopefully something can be done to keep this site alive for those who play it more often than I do. happy.gif

--------------------
Mine:

My Friends:

+Quote Post

Penderecki
post Mar 12 2015, 12:51 AM
Post #29

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 505

Dream Team

Frozen in time is better than losing what I've done with countless hours on this site, always with something new to do happy.gif I have so many memories and accomplishments here, I'd hate to see it go sad.gif

Thank you, Zerxer, for taking your take to give us an update! I hope what you, Jeff, and the others wish and decide for the site comes to fruition in the most fulfilling way possible. Best of luck~!

--------------------
» p e n d r a ღ
+Quote Post

Icicle
post Mar 12 2015, 12:54 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 18 407

Active Squad

I have to admit, I had a lump when I saw in the Facebook the post regarding this, sure that it was going to be the end. I'm very glad that, for now it will be in 'stasis'. I truly made some friends because of this site and have made some memories that I don't want to see this place go. I thank everyone for what they've done to make the site what it became. Man, all nostalgic and crap now :P

--------------------

flight rising: IcicleKurai | Twitch: icicledust
twitter: icicledust_ | instagram: incendiary.wit
+Quote Post

Kazz
post Mar 12 2015, 12:56 AM
Post #31

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 330

Active Squad

While my activity has dropped pretty drastically (I actually only found out about this post because of facebook), I'm glad to see the site will be sticking around. June will be 6 years for me and I rarely every stick with a site that long. It definitely has had a great run so far. Glad to have been a part of it all.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Flamewire
post Mar 12 2015, 12:57 AM
Post #32

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 859

Active Squad

Best of luck with everything, guys. You have my support.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Destry
post Mar 12 2015, 01:01 AM
Post #33

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 038

Favorites ♥

I see a lot of "glad the site isn't closing" sentiments and find myself unable to echo them. Like many of you, I have been a long-time member of GPX+ and have fond memories of it. I too remember when it was crazy busy and how fun that was. What it is today, you have to admit, is a husk of its former self. That could be for any number of reasons, and it doesn't really matter because... no one is around to care. Thing is, without interested admins who will continue to work on the site and have it grow (I'm talking substantially, beyond the scope of a dress-up contest or whatever), GPX+ will inevitably die. It won't attract anyone new. No one's advertising it. Is it really so great to have it frozen in time? As users we will stop using it one by one at this stage. There will be no GPX+ resurgence. What are we hanging on to here?

That said, I support the decisions you admins will have to make, whatever they end up being. We all have lives, hobbies, and interests. You can't be all about GPX+ for the rest of your lives; you have greater things to do. It would make more sense to move GPX+ to something cheaper than a dedicated server, and if that keeps it around, great. Enough people love this site that you will easily find people to take over admin duties with gusto. But if you're unwilling to hand off coding responsibilities to someone new and excited about it, this site is done.

Anyway, sorry to hear it, but I understand! I'll keep playing while it lasts!

--------------------

☁ my party: ☁

☁ proudly affiliated with: ☁

+Quote Post

Skins T
post Mar 12 2015, 01:02 AM
Post #34

Feel the Fire, Break your Vision
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 079

Favourite Pokemon

Thanks for the update post! I'm glad to hear that the site won't go down at least.

--------------------

Click above for party~
+Quote Post

AdmiralPerry
post Mar 12 2015, 01:19 AM
Post #35

Assassin by Association
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 925

My Guards

Man... it's hard to believe the amount of time I've spent here. Nowadays work and other responsibilities keep me from coming on every single day but I still enjoy popping in to see what's new. This place was such a wonderful way to spend some free time while I was in college (sometimes during class shh don't tell anyone). While I'm not a big social animal and really rarely ever posted on the forums, I still feel like I made a few friends here myself. Wish I could've contributed to the site more, but unfortunately I just lack the skills to make anything really significant. I was floored to hear of Wymsy's quitting, and seeing this thread after that... well, I suppose it was inevitable. And while I can see Destry has a point... I am in the majority echoing that I am glad to see it's not going down just yet. I still have things I'd like to do, honestly. Achievements I'd like to shoot for, a dex to complete still... maybe eventually getting that ever elusive Arceus egg? Hey, I can dream.

I know I'm getting long-winded and rambling here, but I just have this to say too. I've been on a few other 'adoptable' sites like this, but this one has, in my humble opinion, been the best. It's the one I've always come back to without fail, leaving other sites completely forgotten or activity significantly less on them compared to here. Like a few others, I remember Opera and its multiple tabs becoming my best friend. I can't believe I got the first two clicker achievements on freakin' IE! So the Berry Feeder was such a Godsend when it was implemented. I couldn't have gotten the 250,000 clicks achievement without it!

Whatever happens in the future, I wish the admins and staff all the best, and I'll be around until it's all over. Or whatever happens. You never know, right?

EDIT: Because I was a complete idiot and spelled Wymsy's name wrong. I will flog myself appropriately, no need to send a mob (at least figuratively). Blame the proper spelling/grammar freak in me.

This post has been edited by AdmiralPerry: Mar 12 2015, 01:27 AM

--------------------
Got no place to run, got no place to hide...

Many thanks to the awesome Doctor Octopus for this overworld march!

Click for parties! (click to show)

My Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Mar 12 2015, 01:23 AM
Post #36

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

I haven't been as active as I used to be here, but I've been around close to 8 years before GPX+ was even a thought. I've been a bit out of the loop, but I don't think it would've made a difference either way. I've had some ups and downs as a mod here, and sometimes I wish I could go back like 5-6 years ago with a clearer head like I have now. I didn't exactly "grow up" on this forum but I do remember coming here a lot and discussing Pokemon, but as it stands I haven't been playing Pokemon as much as I used to and I haven't had as much time to do things.

I also haven't been doing much with GPX+ since like 4-5 years ago on account of starting undergrad, and right now I'm in grad school so I've just left it alone. It definitely gave this place a lot of life, at the cost of some discussion quality and at times, overwhelming amounts of work. I haven't done much with the GPX+ community as a result, preferring to stay in the main forums because I just have nothing to say about GPX+.

Having that said, the possibility of this community shutting down is indeed a little tough to swallow. Made some good friends here, met Nick/Jeff/Jen IRL, and we had some good times in IRC (which still exists, it's just not that active outside of Crobat and mikethepoor - if I'm around then feel free to ping me and I'll probably respond.

Well, I'll see you guys around, I'll be lurking at worst. I haven't felt like I have much to say lately, so I won't post if I don't have anything to say.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamizard
post Mar 12 2015, 01:40 AM
Post #37

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 175 046

Active Squad

My heart was racing as I frantically read this post. I'm glad to find that my escape from real life is still going to be around for now. The site being basically frozen is better than it being gone, at least in my opinion.
+Quote Post

Gato
post Mar 12 2015, 02:00 AM
Post #38

Pokemon Plushie Collector
Group Icon

Member No.: 60 319

Dream Team

Thank you for informing us! There are tons of websites out there that would just shut down and leave the active members hung out to dry.

--------------------

Click on my good friend Jirachi here to visit my eggs and Pokemon!
+Quote Post

lunio
post Mar 12 2015, 02:01 AM
Post #39

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 335

dream team

I know I've basically never posted before, but after reading this post, and all the comments within, I just thought I'd share. Just reading these comments have gotten the nostalgia feels up and running, downloading new browsers like opera or firefox, tinkering in settings and add-ons to find more efficient ways to get all those much-needed clicks, it's basically how i spent every free moment, and I guess moments when I should have been more focused on things like school(psh). I decided to look at that last email confirming my anniversary of signing up, and brought a painful reality into focus, I had gotten my 5th year anniversary on april 4th, which were followed by two more for the two previous years, this site had been such a huge part of my life for around 3 years, and then I just drifted away, only to come back around halloween last year, but even then, I left for another 3 months to come back to find this. I went back and read my PM's from.. wait for it.. 2010 and 2009! WOW, i'm definitely saving these little glimpses into my interactions and priorities back then. I know a lot of others have similar stories, but I just thought I'd share mine, along with my gratitude towards everyone who had any contribution towards this site, thank all of you so much.

At first reading this update scared me to my core, this site that I loved so much, might be in it's death throes, i guess i always just thought it'd be around to just look back and reminisce the old times. But after thinking about it, everything has it's end, it might be upsetting the first couple times i try to come back and it's gone, but I'll get over it, and just cherish the good times i've had here.
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Mar 12 2015, 03:28 AM
Post #40

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Was expecting this if I'm honest. Was only a matter of time. That being said its been a good run, actually leaving and coming back and spending almost 6 years on the site.

Did have a good run. It's the longest I've been faithful to a site without getting bored after 2 months but hey, where did the time go? I still remember finding mattardis' signature on Neoseeker and coming here back in September 2009 as a wee 15 year old. Almost 21 and life catches and I wonder what I've done to show for this.. Lol. Hence the decrease in my own activity. As such is life, we all grow up and move on. I'm happy to have spent all the time on here that I've done, joined the groups I joined and got to know some wonderful people whom I plan to sit on a train for or fly to in the near future!

I'm glad the site won't disband just yet but still a little saddening but a stasis site is better than no site. Frozen in time allows new people to nose around and us to revel in our achievements.

I think whatever happens I'll be sticking around until the very end (or until I can't anymore). Will be a nice way to finish. That also being said, if anybody actually wants to stay in touch I occasionally lurk on Skype but lurk more with my face on a book.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:49 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.