Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
"WHAT THE HECK?!": The Hottest Vacation Ever!, Clothing Optional.
Dragonwish2
post Mar 1 2011, 07:27 PM
Post #41

Take a story and craft it well...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 63 755

PANE Team

Rachel smiled at Kishk grabbed her hand and his pokemon and pulled her onto the dry sand. Blake was waiting there, calling with a small chirp before running behind her and following. He was sure to keep his distance though; any stray water that fell on him would get him very peeved. Rachel looked down at him, causing Blake to freeze. Though his trainer was happy most of the time, the expression on her face was new to him. She would smile occasionally, sure, but this- this was something new altogether. He was determined to find out what. Perhaps his leader knew...? Blake raced ahead of them, his small claws scraping swiftly as he went to find Jaklyn.

Rachel watched him go, slightly confused at his sudden depart. As long as he doesn't make a sand ball and throw it, I'm fine with it. "Come on, Rachel!" Kishk said as he tugged her towards the beach base. "We still need to pack up all our things and pry Reeves and his lazy butt off the chairs." They halted to get past pokemon. Some angry Shellos passed. A Gastrodon flew afterwards over them. Flying ground types? She looked to see a Machoke and Medicham. Her eyes widened. Note to self- do NOT anger one of those guys. Rachel looked forward to see Kishk looking back at her. She caught the Totodile looking at her mischievously, some plot running through his head.

Rachel saw past Kishk and found they had reached the camp. "All right, kiddies. Granny Reeves is getting cranky. Back into your Pokéba-." Kishk froze and pat his hips where Rachel guessed a Pokéball belt would be. "On second thought, you guys can stay outside. We," he pointed at him and Rachel. "Are gonna hop back in our room so I can get all the Pokéballs, and then we're going scuba diving! Obviously, you're coming along with us, Reeves." He stopped to poke his friend's head. "If any of you just wanna sit around in the sun, feel free to do so. But not here; Save it for when we get to the diving section of the resort, ok? I don't want everyone all split up and lost throughout the resort."

Kishk then started packing up after letting go of Rachel's hand. She helped out, folding the inflatable pool up into a small square. She returned Togi and Marcus, though Blake and Jaklyn had disappeared. Rachel did a mental shrug. Jaklyn was smart; she could most likely get back with Blake in good time. The blonde looked up from folding to see the employee had returned and was taking up the packed items. Rachel handed him the folded pool.

Jaklyn and Blake appeared in three minutes, though the moment they were in sight Rachel knew they were planning something. She pulled out her pokeballs and kneeled down next to them. "Whatever you two do, do not get involved." She returned them to their red and white balls and stood back up. Sadly, she knew they already were- which was what she was afraid of.

"So... Let's get going?" Kishk asked Daniel and Rachel.
Rachel smiled. "Let's."

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

Percentages and Truths (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Mar 2 2011, 01:38 PM
Post #42

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 76 525

Uprising Team

Daniel rubbed his forehead and began to grumble. He didn't appreciate being woken up from a daydream in that way.

"Kishk, you better not annoy me otherwise I will have Belle set you on fire." he threatened with a grin. Belle opened a bleary eye and yawned before getting up and stretching. She hopped off the chair and prodded the button on her pokeball which was now resting on the sand.

With Belle returning herself, Daniel decided to round up the rest of his pokemon. Lily and Max had collapsed on the sand from sheer exhaustion brought about from so much running.

Daniel chuckled to himself as he returned them to their respective pokeballs. Jet was the last to be returned as he was pretty far out. Daniel gave a short but loud whistle and Jet was at the shore in a matter of moments. With all the pokemon safe and sound, Daniel walked back up to where Kishk and Rachel were waiting and realised they made a good couple.

"So, where are we going then?" Daniel asked. He didn't realise that there were Scuba diving spots all around the resort.

--------------------
Uprising Stuff... (click to show)

Random Crap. (click to show)

The most epic quote in history:
QUOTE(kirby163 @ Nov 15 2010, 10:58 PM) *
They teach blackmail at college, but it's called ethics awesome.gif
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 4 2011, 03:07 AM
Post #43

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Kanoa's burger arrived just as Dusk left. It wasn't really a fair trade, Kanoa figured, but it was all he had now. He ate his burger in a fairly pensive silence, wondering why Dusk had spilled her beans so quickly to him. He'd been hoping for a little girl-talk, but she'd decided to get deeply personal instead.

As he gazed about, he caught a few glimpses of some madcap shennanigans, but really didn't pay them much heed. It was the beach, after all, and odd things were supposed to happen. Nearby, two guys and a girl had a fairly large group of pokemon around them, but they decided to leave.

Kanoa wolfed down the remainder of his burger in what was essentially two huge bites. Popping out of his folding chair he began to make his way over to the trio. Whistling, he successfully summoned his two grass pokemon to his side as he trotted over.

He didn't have any subtle way of introducing himself, but his two comrades had deserted him, and he'd completely forgotten his mission by this point. All he knew was that there were two very handsome guys about his age nearby, and he figured he'd at the very least make some friends in Noverus.

"Oh hai!" Kanoa beamed brightly, waving as he approached. "I'm Kanoa, pleased to meet you!" He peered down at the pokemon. "They're all so cute! Happy to meet you all as well." There was a rather large crowd of them with the trio he had approached. From his count there were two Poochyena, a growlithe, a Pidgey, a Totodile, a Shinx, a Torchic, a Togepi, a shuppet and a smug lizard. For a moment, Kanoa wondered if that was another of the 'new' pokemon that he'd heard about. From Youbova or Youtube, or whatever that region was called. Then, he realized that he'd left the sleeping Chetiri back at his little stake out spot.

"Oh, I left my friend behind!" Kanoa looked visibly annoyed for a moment. He half considered leaving the Tepig in the middle of the beach, but that sort of thing might've left a terrible impression with Megan, his new comrade. He smiled again and made a beeline back to his lawn chair, a little downhearted that everyone had abandoned him, and that he didn't have a chance to run off and make new friends since he was babysitting.

He felt a little lonely.

"Shroo"

Plopping back down, he scooped his little pink Shroomish up into his arms, nestling the grumpy face in his lap. A slow, soft smile appeared on his face as he hugged it close to him. Coco Wheelie, ever the jealous one, wrapped an intense hug around his left leg, evidently envious of the attention not focused on him. Reaching over, he picked up the Roselia and sat him in his lap as well. Looking just to his right, he noted that the pig pokemon was still asleep in the sand, but made little cute snorting-snoring noises as his little flank rhythmically rose up and down with his dreaming breath.

He felt much less lonely.

This post has been edited by Kamaitachi: Mar 4 2011, 02:03 PM

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kishk
post Mar 5 2011, 04:43 PM
Post #44

Taking over the world, starting with the pancakes.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 157

Uprising RP Team

Waving his hand as if to swat away Daniel's threat, Kishk temporarily ignored his partner's question. To his right side came the same young man he had seen earlier, rubbing sunscreen on the girl's back. Up close, he looked much younger and lively. He was lanky and skinny, and his messy black hair, which was nearly as dark as Kishk's, poked out from underneath his bandana. Both his ears were pierced. The stranger introduced himself as Kanoa, which, by Kishk's standards, was a pretty cool name. Kanoa complimented their Pokémon, and Kishk was about to thank him and introduce himself, when he left to retrieve one of his friends. Something close to annoyance flashed briefly on Kanoa's face. Kishk wasn't sure if he actually meant a friend of his, or simply some burden he had to carry around.

Kishk leaned slightly and looked around Kanoa to see who he was running back for. On the sand, curled up into a small form and sleeping soundly despite the chaotic beach, was a small pig-like Pokémon. Its body was mostly orange-colored, though much of its face was black, with the exception of a thick yellow stripe along the length of its snout. The unfamiliar Pokémon had short legs, whose extremities were black. Its lower back and rear also had black markings, and its two black and oblong-shaped ears were positioned closely together on top of its head. A black and coiled tail grew out of its behind, topped with a red bauble-like adornment.

Once he had reached his own camp, Kanoa didn't present any signs of motion that would indicate his return to where Kishk's camp had been. From the looks of it, Kishk guessed that the small pig Pokémon was the reason for that. Either he was some sort of Pokémon thief or seller, which wouldn't make sense since he was in a resort, or he was babysitting the Pokémon for the girl Kishk had seen earlier. The latter option seemed more probable to Kishk, so he went with that.

"Could you guys wait here for a second?" he asked his friends. "I'm gonna go have a word with Kanoa over there."

Vitória followed Kishk slowly, and Jig remained on top of his Trainer's head. When they arrived, Kanoa was sitting on a folding chair, hugging a pink-colored Shroomish tightly, and a Roselia attached as if through surgery to his lap. The love and affection these Pokémon showed for their Trainer was something most Trainers would have overlooked, but Kanoa loved his Pokémon as much as they loved him. Touched by the scene, Kishk looked at Vitória, which had proven thus far to be extremely fond of her own Trainer. Making a mental note to treat the Shuppet to something nice after they had gone scuba diving, Kishk resumed his talk with Kanoa.

"You have some cute Pokémon yourself," he said, smiling at the two grass-types. "I take it the third Pokémon is owned by that lovely young lady you were with earlier? Your girlfriend, I presume?"

He paused here and looked around for any sign of the girl. She must have probably gone back up to the resort to order something for them or to retrieve something, as Kishk was close to doing before Kanoa showed up.

"Well, my name is Kishk," he continued, pointing at himself. "Those two are my friends over there: Rachel and Daniel." he pointed at the two who were currently waiting for him where their camp used to be. "We were just headed up into the resort to get a few things and go scuba diving. The diving spot's supposed to be somewhere in the east section of the building. According to the brochure, all the diving spots are indoor beaches with enormous natural pools that link up to the ocean and a few underwater cave systems. If you want, once your friend comes back, you two can join us for a little underwater exploration."

Kishk had no idea of what kind of person the girl was, but Kanoa looked, sounded and actually was a nice-enough guy. And, according Kishk's past dealings with people, nice people usually would keep other nice people in their company. It just wouldn't make sense for them not to.

"Mmm," Kishk looked back at his own group. "I gotta go now. Need to get back in my room with the lovely Rachel and pick up some stuff. It was nice meeting you, Kanoa. See you around!"

Kishk waved goodbye to Kanoa's Pokémon and made his way back to his friends.

"Sorry to keep you guys waiting. Let's go."

Kishk washed himself and his Pokémon down in the shower booths near the beach to get all the salt and sand off them. Neither Poochyena nor Growlithe were enjoying the experience very much. Once they were free from their Trainer's clutch and from the glass booth imprisonment, they shook their bodies wildly and sat waiting for the other Pokémon by the resort doors. Kishk's other Pokémon didn't seem to mind the quick shower as much, and were more than glad to be rid of all the bothersome sand.

When they were all relatively clean, Kishk made his way into the rear lobby of the resort, which served as a transition from the main sections of the building to the other, more diverse areas, such as the beach, diving pools, training grounds, beauty salons and other things expected from the best resort of Noverus. This rear lobby was painted a soft cream color, with various Pokémon statues along the sides and a few landscape paintings on the walls. Three separate doors, two on the right wall and one on the left, led to the upper sections of the main building, where the rooms and dorms were situated. Aside from these three openings and the door which lead to the beach, on the far end of the rear lobby, another large wooden door made of heavy oak opened into a lounge area with four separate corridors. The first, on the right, would bend and wind its way towards the diving pools and spas; The second, on the middle, led back into the main lobby; And the third brought the guest towards the battle arenas and sports courts.

Kishk climbed up the staircase on the right side and ran the length of the hall to their horribly-numbered room. He stood waiting by the door for Reeves and Rachel to catch up, since he had lost them on his little sprint to Room 123. Looking at the room on the other side of the hall, Kishk swore loudly and nearly bashed his head against the wall. The plaque on the other room had the number 456 inscribed on it.

"Why?" he asked himself. "Why must they insist on keeping such ridiculous room numbers?! And that's not even including the fact that 123 and 456 aren't supposed to be even remotely close to each other!"

Kishk leaned against his room's door and glared at Room 456.

This post has been edited by Kishk: Mar 7 2011, 07:33 AM

--------------------

Hunting for: Shinies on Pokemon: Sapphire Version.

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Mar 6 2011, 07:29 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

PANE Team

Rachel smiled as she watched the two boys chat. Another young man came walking. He had messy dark hair and a great tan, with a bandanna holding up his hair. "Oh hai!" The stranger was beaming as he came near. "I'm Kanoa, pleased to meet you!" He looked down at the multiple pokemon. "They're all so cute! Happy to meet you all as well." Rachel heard a 'Sni!' behind her and turned. She smacked her forehead in utter annoyance to see her pokemon had all burst from their pokeballs. Rachel turned back to Kanoa. "Oh, I left my friend behind!"

Rachel looked at him quizzically as he ran back to where he had come from, a Tepig sitting on the chair.
She assumed that was the friend he had mentioned. "Could you guys wait here for a second?" Kishk asked. "I'm gonna go have a word with Kanoa over there." Rachel nodded absentmindedly at him and pulled out her pokeballs. She returned all but Jaklyn, who dodged the ball so often in a rebellion to return. Well... I am a Rebel. That's what I get for joining them.. She sighed and let Jaklyn run past her before sinking low to the sand, shoveling herself into it and flipping onto her back so only the tip of her snout faced up, and that blended in well. The pokemon slinked just below the sand until it was close to Kishk and Kanoa. Rachel raised an eyebrow but continued picking up the things. Jaklyn always had a good reason, or itleast she hoped.

Kishk returned after a few minutes, shortly followed by Rachel's snake pokemon. "Sorry to keep you guys waiting. Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel watched Kishk head to the showers near the beach. She sighed and shook some sand from her hair. She would wait for a decent shower, one with shampoo, conditioner... itleast a bar of soap. Rachel took out her camera and snapped some photos of the beach. She then turned around and headed towards the Resort building.

Rachel entered the cream rear end of the building and moved to get to the room. She climbed up the stairs and into the hallway, finding the door quickly and unlocking it. Blankets sat just inside the doorway, topped with two down pillows. She picked up one of each and in five minutes had a makeshift bed on the floor for herself. She checked it over in approval before heading to the shower. She rinsed all the salt and sand from her hair, feeling much better. She let her pokemon handle cleaning themselves in the sink.

After getting out, and drying up the mess Marcus made, Rachel changed into some small black shorts and a silver T-shirt, with white flip flops to finish it off. As she grabbed her bag and made for the door, she heard a thud and some cursing. She froze and grabbed the nearest weapon she had; Jaklyn, who's tail made a great handle. Rachel creeped slowly to the door and paused. She listened for a moment before opening the door and whacked the man standing outside. Rachel repeated the assault for a few more blows before both the teenager and Pokemon looked worn out.

The blonde looked at the man she had attacked. A gasp escaped her throat to see it was Kishk. Rachel dropped Jaklyn and ran over. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?!" Jaklyn landed on the carpet, knocked out by the poor use of her. Rachel ignored her and checked over Kishk. "I thought you were a burglar or someone about to come in and get me... Gosh, you scared me!" She hid her embarrasment with false anger as she glared at Kishk, but she burst out laughing after a few seconds of the act. "I'm sorry about that..."

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 7 2011, 04:11 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Kanoa blinked owlishly in the sun as Kishk approached. For a moment, in the bright sun, it appeared as if a lanky Totodile had approached, but alas, the cute guy was still wearing the pokemon like a hat.

"You have some cute pokemon yourself" The stranger, whose name Kanoa had forgotten to ask for in his hurry, smiled down at Benihana and Coco Wheelie, who looked up at him (or more specifically Jig), with warying faces. "I take it the third Pokemon is owned by that lovely young lady you were with earlier? Your girlfriend, I presume?"

"Uh, Chetiri here is owned by another girl. She left him with us for now and wandered off. Th'other girl is just a friend I met here, so, you presume incorrectly!" Kanoa grinned. The beaming grin turned into a softer, gentler smile as he leaned a little towards Kishk in his chair "That means I'm very, very single."

"Well, my name is Kishk." Kanoa nodded, mentally attempting to remember the name and failing horribly. Likewise, as he pointed to the other girl and guy, who had much more simple names, he immediately forgot them.

"I may just have to take you up on that offer!" Kanoa stood, his Pink Shroomish scooped gently in one arm. He extended the other for a handshake "Hopefully, I'll see you there. If not, I hope we'll run into one another 'round the resort. Nice meeting you too!"

Kanoa sat back down, sighing happily at having made yet another acquaintance. His time in Noverus was turning out to be pretty cool after all.

A nagging voice at the back of his head mentioned something about potential rebels, but he paid it absolutely no heed. He was scouting out for the rebels, after all, and there was no way such a friendly person would be in the rebels.

In any case, he really wanted to go scuba diving with...Fishk...Finch...That guy...and so he hoped that Dusk or Megan would return soon. The boring little Tepig was still soundly asleep, so it would've been easy to pawn off the babysitting duty (That he himself had volunteered for), and go off adventuring.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

SaphireShadows
post Mar 20 2011, 09:08 PM
Post #47

It's a Diiiinosaurus Line!
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 714

PANE Pokemon

The sun shone down brightly as Dusk made her way down the beach. The gorgeous day lightened her mood considerably, and soon she was half-skipping in the soft white sand. Silverwood was equally as happy, seeing as the sun had given the tiny turtle enough energy to keep up with his trainer's quick skip-steps.

Everyone on the beach looked like they were having a wonderful time, people and Pokemon alike. There were a few trainers playing volleyball with a Poliwrath and a Hitmonlee a ways away from the surf, and other trainers playing frisbee with a Houndour and an Electrike further down the beach. They all had smiles on their faces, and all looked like they were enjoying a perfect day. This made the smile on Dusk's face grow wider, and she happily forged ahead on her trek down the beach.

The wild Pokemon seemed to be having a great day as well. Krabbies were scuttling here and there along the sand, Wingull flew high in the clear sky, and Mantine could be seen jumping about in the waves. Dusk walked down to the surf and watched the Mantine while the ocean lapped at her toes. Silverwood sidled up alongside and sat down in the water, tilting his head so that it rested against Dusk's leg. Dusk watched the waves as they broke onto the shore, and soon the Mantine had moved on. She was just about to head back to her group's spot when a spot on the horizon caught her attention. A few minutes later and the spot turned into many tiny figures, then into somewhat discernible shapes.

"Look! There's a pod of Lapras out there!" a surfer yelled out. Dusk squinted her eyes a little and turned her head to the side slightly. Sure enough, eight Lapras (or what looked like Lapras when you squinted your eyes) were headed towards the Bungalow's beach. In no time there were dozens of people lined up at the shore and in the water snapping pictures. A few trainers were even taking out Poke balls to go and try to catch one. A few moments later saw the Lapras moving off down the beach and around a bend, and most of the trainers followed them. The photographers, however, went back to their friends to show them the pictures they had taken.

Dusk decided to follow the crowd of trainers. She hoped that they would have the common sense to only catch one or two of the Lapras and leave the rest alone. However, when she rounded the bend she found the trainers standing and looking confusedly out to sea. The Lapras had just disappeared.

"Probably dove under water..." a brunette girl said. The others murmured their agreement and slowly made their way back to their spots on the beach. Dusk stood on the shore feeling a little disappointed. She hadn't wanted to catch one, but it would've been neat to watch one of the other trainers battle one. She bent over and plucked Silverwood from the sand. He was starting to look a little tired again. She was about to head off back the way she had come when she heard a tiny squeak.

Quickly turning back around to face the beach, she figured that the only place the sound could have come from was behind a bunch of tall rocks jutting out of the sand. Dusk set Silverwood carefully back down onto the ground and slowly made her way towards the rocks. Every now and then another squeak would be heard, along with heavy breathing. Dusk quietly poked her head around the rock. Washed up on shore was a small Lapras. It was a dark blue, with many darker blue spots running from the neck to the front flippers. Its horn was broken at the tip, but it looked to be an old wound. A harsh wheezing noise told Dusk that there was something seriously wrong. She looked closely, and saw that fishing line had gotten tangled around the Lapras's neck. It was so tight that it was choking the Lapras.

"Oh, you poor thing," murmured Dusk as she stepped around the rock. The Lapras' head shot up, looking positively frightened. It struggled to back away, but gave up shortly afterward and laid its head back onto the sand. "It's all right," Dusk crooned as she stepped cautiously over to the Lapras's side. The Pokemon grunted, but didn't move and allowed Dusk to examine the fishing line.

It was tangled up so much that it was hard to tell where it began and where it ended. "Well, let's try this..." she said as she kneeled down next to the Lapras and began to try to untangle the mess of line. A pained gasp from Lapras told Dusk that that was not the way to get it off. She tried a few different ways to get it off, but each resulted in a pained cry from the Pokemon. After the last attempt, Dusk huffed and stood up. Lapras just laid weakly on the sand, looking more exhausted than ever. Dusk kicked the sand in frustration, loosing a good foot-full of sand along with a solid object. Curious, she walked over to where the object had fallen and picked it up. It was, surprisingly, an Ultra Ball. Dusk opened the ball carefully and examined the inside. None of the sand had gotten into the inner workings of the ball, which probably meant that it was still usable. "Maybe..." Dusk mused, looking from the ball to the Lapras.

"Okay Lapras," she said as she kneeled back down by its side, "I'm going to catch you and see if that doesn't get that fishing line off." The Lapras looked critically up at her. "Hey, if you have a better idea then please share it with me," she said as she put her hand on her hip. Lapras gave a short sigh and a little nod. Dusk nodded back and gently tapped the side of the Lapras with the Ultra Ball. Lapras was engulfed in a red light and was sucked into the ball. Dusk sighed in relief as she spotted the fishing line in a tangled heap on the sand, then shifted her eyes to the Ultra ball in her hand. Two shakes had gone by...then three...then *ding!* She squeaked in surprise. She hadn't expected to actually catch the Lapras!

"I...I caught a Lapras. I caught a Lapras!" Dusk yelled excitedly. A few curious beach goers looked around curiously, and a few trainers who had been chasing the Lapras in the ocean glared over in suspicion. Dusk squeaked again in happiness, picked up Silverwood (who had been hiding behind the rock the whole time) and ran back toward her group's spot. She saw Kanoa was still there, talking to a boy. As she got closer she heard a bit of their conversation.

"I take it the third Pokemon is owned by that lovely young lady you were with earlier? Your girlfriend, I presume?" the guy with the black hair asked.

"Uh, Chetiri here is owned by another girl. She left him with us for now and wandered off. Th'other girl is just a friend I met here, so, you presume incorrectly! That means I'm very, very single." Kanoa replied. Dusk stopped short. Did he-? She shrugged, Whatever. At least that explains why he asked me about my past boyfriends.

"Hey, Kanoa!" Dusk said as the boy named Kishk left, "Look what I just caught!" She opened the ball, and Lapras appeared in the customary red light. "Laaa!" it said happily as it felt that the fishing line was off of its neck. Dusk quickly went to her bag that she had taken from the room and opened her Pokedex. "Let's see what this says about you," she pointed the Pokedex at the Lapras and it quickly gave its stats.

"Lapras: The Transport Pokemon. It loves crossing the sea with people and Pokemon on its back. It understands human speech.

Individual Stats:
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Docile"

"Hmm...a female, huh? What should I name you?" she asked as she put away her Pokedex. Silverwood had approached the Lapras curiously. Lapras lowered her head down towards Silver and sniffed. Unfortunately, a bit of sand flew up her nose and she sneezed violently, causing Silverwood to panic and withdraw inside his shell. Dusk giggled at the sight, and a name suddenly jumped into her mind. "Lumi!" she said. Lapras looked up at Dusk curiously at the sound of the name. "That's your new name," she said proudly, "Lumi!"

--------------------
PANE/Uprising (click to show)

Credits/Stalkin (click to show)

"I must be missing something here-" "Yes, a bloody sense of humor!"
+Quote Post

Kishk
post Mar 21 2011, 08:38 AM
Post #48

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

Kishk could think of several curses that would leave even a mugger stunned, but he just couldn't quite get them out. He mumbled a few incomprehensible words and tried to identify his attacker. A strange figure was leaning over him, slipping in and out of focus. The assailant smelled wonderfully, which came as a surprise to Kishk: a faint scent of conditioner on recently-washed hair. Kishk blinked several times and gasped, noticing who the figure was. Though most of the gasp was meant for the miniscule size of the shorts she was wearing, the rest was for why the heck Rachel would have attacked him. Because that was who it was: Rachel Lore, wearing small, black shorts, casting away the near-murder weapon, Jaklyn. She was laughing and apologizing at the same time, while checking over Kishk's wounds. He guessed she had sneaked into the room while he was busy staring down their neighbor's door number.

"Y-yeah," Kishk muttered, massaging his head gingerly. "I'm fine, honestly. It was nothing." he smiled and attempted to get up, stumbling over his own feet and crashing head-first into the door in the process. "OWWWW!" Kishk's eyes watered and he crumpled once more against the door's frame.

Kishk remained there for another minute or so, while his Pokémon crowded around him giggling and staring oddly at Rachel. Vitória was hovering close to Jaklyn, examining her and keeping the unconscious Grass-type locked in a suspicious gaze. Jig was busy periodically pulling at his Trainer's hair, dodging at his futile attempts at catching the Totodile. Crawling over to the bathroom, Kishk picked up his Pokéball Belt and forced all but the Totodile into their respective Pokéballs.

"The only reason why you're still out here," he told Jig. "Is because you're my only Water-type. So don't get all overjoyed at staying out of the little red-and-white capsule, OK!?!?" Kishk gave Jig a maniacal look, which he simply ignored. Kishk grabbed the Totodile by the foot and placed him atop his head. "No hair-pulling. Got it?"

Kishk, his head now throbbing less than before, looked back at Rachel and smiled.

"So do you treat all your friends like this," he asked her, rubbing his head. "Or is it just on Friday's?"

Flipping open his PokéNav, Kishk checked the time.

Half past four. I guess we still have plenty of time for exploring today.

"So where's Reeves?"

This post has been edited by Kishk: Mar 26 2011, 08:34 AM

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 21 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Kanoa moved with a start as Dusk returned. The next thing he knew, there was a rather large Lapras in front of him, staring eye to eye with him. He gently placed Benihana and Coco Wheelie back down on the lounge chair before turning back to greet Dusk's new pokemon

"Hello pretty girl!" he cooed as he wrapped his arms around her neck in a hug. "Aren't you beautiful!"

"How'd you catch a Lapras?" Kanoa blinked for a moment "They're a very rare pokemon, from what I'd heard. You're pretty lucky, aren't you?" Kanoa eyed her suspiciously for a moment before breaking into a wide grin "Welcome aboard, Lumi!" he cheered, patting her on the nose gently.

"Della, let's go back to the room with Chetiri. I wanna go scuba diving with my new friend...Bausch." Della was obviously in reference to Dusk. Where he'd gotten Della would forever remain a mystery. At least he wasn't thinking of Della Reese. Bausch was obviously Kishk. "You're more than welcome to come, too. In fact, I officially invite you along" He took a rather ceremonious pose, as if he were about to knight Dusk as his side-kick. However, he leaned in and whispered:

"Did you find any you-know-whos?"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

SaphireShadows
post Mar 21 2011, 09:38 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

PANE Pokemon

Dusk grinned as Kanoa greeted her new comrade. Lumi returned his hug as best she could, lowering her neck so her chin rested on his shoulder.

"How'd you catch a Lapras?" Kanoa said, blinking, "They're a very rare pokemon, from what I'd heard. You're pretty lucky, aren't you?" Kanoa eyed her suspiciously. Dusk then proceeded to tell him of the pod of Lapras that had swam along the beach, their mysterious disappearance, and then the noises behind the rocks that turned out to be Lumi.

"And there was fishing line around her neck, so I tried to get it off. When nothing worked I just randomly tried catching her to get the darned stuff off, and it worked!" Dusk cuddled against Lumi's neck, who started humming softly. Dusk watched as Kanoa's suspicious gaze turned into a grin.

"Welcome aboard, Lumi!" he cheered as he patted Lumi's nose. Lumi smiled again, and her humming grew louder. "Della, let's go back to the room with Chetiri. I wanna go scuba diving with my new friend...Bausch." Kanoa said. It took a moment for Dusk to figure out that Della was supposed to be her and Bausch was supposed to be that guy that he was talking to earlier: Kishk.

"Speaking of...Bausch, I heard you talking to him. Was it just me, or were you flirting with him?" Dusk asked. She wasn't exactly sure which way Kanoa "swung", so she hoped this playful question would help her figure it out. Kanoa then asked her if she would like to join them, to which she replied, "Of course I'll come! I love scuba diving!"

Suddenly, Kanoa leaned in closer and whispered, "Did you find any you-know-whos?" Dusk thought for a second. None of the trainers she had seen on the beach looked very Rebel-ish, and she was almost certain none of the photographers were Rebels. She replied with a firm "Nope" and started to gather her things. Once she had returned Lumi and Silverwood (Cynder had been inside her Poke ball on Dusk's beach towel) in their respective Poke Balls, Dusk gathered up the rest of her stuff and looked around.

"So, shall we go?"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 22 2011, 01:45 AM
Post #51

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Kanoa laughed heartily as he heard: "Speaking of...Bausch, I heard you talking to him. Was it just me, or were you flirting with him?"

"Was I that obvious?" Kanoa wrapped an arm around Dusk "Della, I, how you say, putt from the rough." He blinked for a moment "I'm a...Hershey Highway Driver..." He'd heard a lot of sexual slurs regarding his orientation, but he'd never thought to actually use them. He'd remembered the two that had made him laugh the most, but for the most part, he had gently brushed them off. "I was tooooootally flirting with him. Think he was into me?"

They arrived back at the room in short order, wherein Kanoa neatly deposited Chetiri on the bed, letting him rest. If Megan found him missing on the beach, hopefully she'd know to look in the room first. Neglecting to change, so as to keep his sexy shirtlessness, he turned to Dusk. "Righto, let's go meet those hotties. There was another guy with them. Maybe you should try your luck with him? I'll be your wingman. Unless he's on my team. Then all bets are off."

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Mar 25 2011, 08:20 AM
Post #52

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

When Kishk and Rachel began walking towards the room, Daniel decided to buy a wet suit from the shop. He knew he would need something to keep his pokeballs secure and a wetsuit with a pokeball belt seemed like the obvious choice. On his way up to the shop, Daniel tripped over something that was poking out of the sand.

"Dammit... that hurt..." he muttered rubbing his toes. Whatever it was it was it seemed rather weighty. Although it could be just from being stuck in the sand.

He turned around and walked over to it. Picking it up, he looked around it for some sort of clue as to what it was... He soon found it on the bottom of the machine... An Overheat TM.

"Well, this'll certainly come in handy. I think i'll teach it to Belle once the diving trip is over." he said to himself.

He placed the TM in his bag for use later and carried on walking to the shop. 10 minutes later, he walked out with a brand new wet suit, and about Ł300 lighter. Some may think of it as a bit extravagant, but in Daniels eyes, it's better to go for something good and expensive, than cheap and rubbish.

He made his way back to the room and saw Kishk and Rachel hanging around.

"What's up you two? Waiting for me were you? Well I just popped to the shop to buy a wetsuit. No point in going unprepared." he said with a smile. "I'll just shove this on and i'll be ready to go, so give me another five minutes."

5 minutes later he had put on the wetsuit and clipped his pokeballs to the belt. He was now ready for anything the sea could throw at him.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Mar 26 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #53

Group Icon

PANE Team

"Y-yeah," Kishk rubbed his head, glancing occasionally at Rachel's shorts. "I'm fine, honestly. It was nothing." He made a smile and tried to stand, though he tripped over himself and crashed into the door. "OWWWW!" Kishk looked like he could burst out crying as slumped against the door. Rachel turned tamato red and covered her mouth, both as a reaction of surprise and to hide the laughter that begged to come out.

Rachel watched him sit there for another minute, though she checked on her defenestrated Pokemon with a glance before looking back at Kishk, worried and blushing at the same time. Kishk's Shuppet seemed to be watching over Jaklyn, who simply lied there. Rachel breathed when Kishk tried to slap away Jig and started to slowly get into the bathroom while on fours. Rachel kneeled down and turned to Jaklyn, coaxing a Sitrus berry into her mouth. Jakyln's eyes became fully alert and she rose up, biting down hard on the nearest thing. Rachel opened her mouth to scream but figured that wouldn't help anyone there. She bit her lip and returned Jaklyn with her free arm, sighing in relief as the pain slowly subsided.

Kishk looked back at Rachel and smiled.

"So do you treat all your friends like this," he asked her, rubbing his head. "Or is it just on Friday's?"

He flipped open a device on his wrist and scanned it for a minute.

"So where's Reeves?"

Rachel shrugged. "Heck if I know." And, as if magically called by the conversation, Daniel appeared.

"What's up you two? Waiting for me were you? Well I just popped to the shop to buy a wetsuit. No point in going unprepared." he smiled. "I'll just shove this on and I'll be ready to go, so give me another five minutes." He entered the bathroom and locked it.

Rachel hid the bit arm behind her back, rubbing it slowly. "I don't normally treat guys like that. Must be my first mission that's getting to me." She paused and laughed. "Do we report our missions? I'd be so embarrassed... Hello sir. How was my mission? Well, I met Kishk and Daniel, Kishk ended up being-" She stopped herself from saying the word 'cute'. "-a crazy but fun teenager, then we hung out on the beach once Daniel showed up, I beat up Kishk with a Snivy, we went scuba diving- oh, and I had the weirdest door number." She smiled. "By the way, who was the guy you talked to on the beach? He came over for a second, left, you followed, it looked like you were talking and getting along... So who was he?"

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kishk
post Apr 10 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

"Oh... That was Kanoa. Some random, nice guy who just happened to be hitting on me," Kishk chuckled and smiled up at Rachel. "I guess you could say I'm quite the eye-catcher, wouldn't you agree?" He slipped her a sly wink, propping himself up on his elbows.

Kishk used the time for his flirt to take effect to glance up at Reeves, now fully-garbed in a diving wetsuit. He fought hard with himself to stifle the fit of giggles that had ensued, but he eventually gave up, laughing maniacally while rolling on the hotel floor. The spandex-like behavior of the suit had created a large and awkward lump near Reeves' waist, resulting in mass hysteria on Kishk's part. It was simply something that couldn't be helped: at the same time that it was something normal, it was still something so weird and awkward to look at that your eyes couldn't keep from straying towards, with laughter as the only way to express any feeling or emotion in the form of sound regarding the lump. Apart from the laughter, Kishk also found that gesticulating madly at the spot while tears of mirth streamed from his eyes delivered the same message just as well.

"O-oh, Reeves!" exclaimed the teenager, once he had regained his voice. "What's with the 'package' down there? With that big gun around, one would expect us to go to war!" And he fell once more into a fit of laughter. Although he was coming off as a bit rude, he couldn't help it: he hadn't had this much fun and joy in a very long time. It actually felt really good to get his mind off his constant woes and worries.

"Ok, o-ok," he stammered, getting the last few hiccups of laughter out of his system. "We should get going now. Hee-hee... C'mon Rachel, Private Privates!" If anyone had understood Kishk's joke, they'd be clawing at his throat. Jokes weren't really his strong point, and they probably wouldn't ever be.

Kishk played with his hair as he gazed at the fork in the hallway. Somehow, he had led them through a winding and confusing maze of corridors, straight into a deserted-looking section of the hotel, which conveniently lacked room numbers, signs or any indication of location of anything whatsoever.

"Any idea how to get out of here?" he asked his comrades. "Rachel? Speedo Torpedo?"

Kishk bit his thumb thoughtfully while his other hand pointed at the four possible exits in a random order. From his current spot, Kishk couldn't see an exit door at the end of any of the corridors, and none of them gave any indication of differing design: they all had the same cream-colored walls, lacking in paintings, vases as well as any human or Pokémon life other than the trio and their Pokémon. His eyes casually drifted towards Jig, who happened to be sitting on his lap.

"♪ Drawn into the back-drop here, you can fade- you can fade away... Bright lights in a starless night, burn a hole in the dying day... ♪" Kishk hummed an ironic song softly, pulling Totodile off his lap and gripping the water-type like a goalie about to throw a soccer ball. "♪ Lookin' at life through a loaded gun, take your best shot: aim it at the sun... Lookin' at life through a loaded gun, you know you'll find~! ♪" he sang the last bit a notch louder than before, hurling Jig through the middle corridor. "C'mon, I think it's this way. Jig looks like he's gravitating towards something. Either that, or his anger might be turning into something visible to the human eye." Kishk grinned and got up, gesturing for his friends to follow him.

An hour and several scratches and bruises from an angry Totodile later, Kishk had led them out of their labyrinth and into the hotel's indoor water park: an enormous room containing two olympic-sized rectangular pools, three shallow pools for small children, a large water slide complex leading into a curvy pool filled with people of all ages, and a door near the end of the room, which opened into the scuba-diving section.

The trio made their way through the crowd of worried parents, wheezy and ancient-looking elders, kids who ran the length in the room for a simple cannonball dive (despite the lifeguards yelling at them not to run, and pointing at the enormous letters painted on the floor which stated the same) and crafty water-type Pokémon spraying anyone and everyone in their path with jets of water.

"Ugh... I hope there aren't as many people underwater as there are in here." Kishk pointed out as he pulled himself free and squeezed out from between a group of young girls batting their eyelashes rapidly in his direction and grasping at his midriff. As he neared the door, he vaulted over a small child intent on blocking his path. Looking around, he quickly found the supply desk. After presenting his guest information, Kishk rented two full scuba diving gear packs, and an oxygen tank with breathing mask attachment for Reeves.

"We can change in those, Rachel." Kishk pointed over to the booths next to the supply desk. He dressed quickly, pulling his wetsuit over his swimming trunks and zipping up the front comfortably. When he had finished, he sprinted over to the diving pool, where a hotel official helped them equip their scuba gear. He gave a few brief instructions, not going too deeply into detail, seeing as the pools weren't very deep and didn't go very far out.

"Lead the way, Reeves."

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Apr 10 2011, 07:27 PM
Post #55

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

Daniel just shook his head and stood waiting for Kishk to calm down. it took about 10 minutes but he eventually calmed down.

"Kishk, would you like a flaming backside? No? Well, you had best watch yourself, otherwise Belle will not be responsible for her actions and I won't be responsible for them either." He said with a hint of an evil grin.

"You are way too easily amused. You need to calm down big time."

Shaking his head, Daniel clipped the last pokeball into the waterproof casing on his pokeball belt. It just so happened that it was Belle's pokeball that was clipped on last, mainly due to Daniel threatening Kishk with her.

They made their way down to a testing pool with Kishk racing on ahead. Daniel quickly stopped in the Dive shop to pick up a dive bag, something he had forgotten to purchase when he got the wet suit. The dive bag would allow him to store whatever he found whilst diving safely and securely until he could get back to the surface.

When he reached the test pool, Kishk was just getting the last few pieces of gear, which included some breathing apparatus for Daniel and the full set for himself and Rachel.

When the two had changed they made their way down to the pool, where Daniel was waiting, sitting on the side with flippers on and breathing apparatus all connected.

"Lead the way." Kishk said.

And Daniel did just that, pulling the mask down and holding it against his face as he dropped into the pool. He made sure everything was working as it should and that the bag was securely fastened to his belt before rising up to the surface.

"Come on you two, the water's lovely." He called to Kishk and Rachel.

This post has been edited by IceColdGlaceon: Apr 10 2011, 07:28 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dragonwish2
post Apr 13 2011, 03:34 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

PANE Team

Rachel glanced around. Something told her they weren't there yet. The group had been led into a hallway with, of course, no signs of any scuba diving pools.

"Any idea how to get out of here?" Kishk asked. "Rachel? Speedo Torpedo?" Rachel shrugged.

"I get lost occasionally... But this is a new one for me. I need to buy a GPS device or something." She looked around for another minute before she heard Kishk humming and then singing as he tightly gripped Jig. It was an odd little song that ended up stuck in Rachel's head.

A movement caught her eye, and Rachel watched Kishk’s Totodile fly through the air like a ball.

"C'mon, I think it's this way. Jig looks like he's gravitating towards something. Either that, or his anger might be turning into something visible to the human eye." Rachel stared at Kishk for a second before following the Pokemon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miraculously, they made it an hour later. Rachel was red from trying to not giggle at Jig and Kishk's 'tiny feuds'. She took in her surroundings. Kids ran and splashed, tourists snapped pictures then oohed and ahhed at them for five minutes at a time. Parents held tightly onto toddlers, and water Pokémon were running rampant.

Rachel followed Kishk as he found the information desk and rented the gear. He handed her a suit. "We can change in those, Rachel." Kishk pointed to some dressing rooms nearby. Rachel entered one and changed, exiting quickly. She walked over to an employee explaining the basics of the scuba gear.

Rachel put on the breathing gear and walked over to the pool, where Daniel was waiting in the water. "Come on you two, the water's lovely," he called. Rachel grinned and put the mask to her face as she entered the water, her assaulting fears of drowning and other awful water-related deaths eased when she tried the breathing apparatus. She lifted up her head and winked before going under again.

--------------------
Pane (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Apr 18 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Kanoa wasn't about to wait around for Dusk any longer. She seemed to be dilly-dallying, or something of that nature. Clearly, her intentions in the hotel room were more important than hitting on hot guys.

Ergo, the mission that he'd been given from the start had to be fulfilled as a solo one. He wasn't quite sure he was up to the task all by his lonesome, but hey, someone had to flirt in order to accomplish the task at hand. Sure, he'd already completely forgotten that he was out to assault random innocent people who may or may not have any connection to the Rebellion he'd been hearing so much about. Sure, he was technically on a team that terrorized the city, or made it better through law and order. It didn't really matter. He had flirting to do.

He checked himself out in the mirror once again. The whole shirtless look wasn't exactly going to keep flying at this rate. It was good on the beach, but at a scuba area? Nah, he'd have a wet suit that would leave very little to the imagination, so why help people by giving them the full view right away?

Kanoa retrieved his tank top from earlier (like, first post earlier), since he'd spent most of the day shirtless thus far. His cargo shorts with chain still seemed pretty awesome, and he finally changed into the flip-flops that Lennox had provided him with. (His boots were now filled with sand, therefore very uncomfortable.)

"Alright Della." Kanoa waved to dusk "I'm off scuba diving. Come join me if you change your mind. And don't order any porn on the TV unless I'm here to watch it with you, okay?"

Kanoa arrived at the indoor water park, and immediately drew a bored expression on his face. The beach was by far cooler than this. The park seemed to be filled with children, parents and old people. This meant that the flirt-able demographic was severely marginalized. He'd have to target very specifically...and...

There was Brosch...and girl Brosch and Other-Brosch. However, as soon as he spotted them, they disappeared into the next area. He deduced that it was clearly the area for Indoor Scuba Diving. His deduction was clearly aided by the sign proudly displaying that fact.

He moved swiftly through the crowd, having gained that skill in the years of sneaking into clubs and bars underaged, and made his way over to the scuba area, just as the Brosch Trio had jumped into the water.

"One for Scuba-ing, please." Kanoa beamed at the desk helper. He would join the lot in the water once he was ready.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

SaphireShadows
post Apr 18 2011, 09:22 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

PANE Pokemon

"No, no, Lumi. You've gotta stay here with Silver and Cynder," Dusk told her newest partner. The young Lapras was nudging her new trainer affectionately in the hopes that she would be taken along. "I'm not sure the diving area is big enough for you," she told Lumi while patting her behind the jaw. Lumi's expression went from hopeful to sad, which made Dusk feel even worse. "Okay, okay! I'll bring you along, but if it's too small you're staying in your Poke ball, got it?" Lumi nodded enthusiastically, then disappeared inside the red light of her ball.

"Alright Della." Kanoa said as he put on a shirt and exchanged his boots for sandals, "I'm off scuba diving. Come join me if you change your mind. And don't order any porn on the TV unless I'm here to watch it with you, okay?"

Dusk blinked owlishly. How long had she been arguing with Lumi? It couldn't have been that long. And what about porn? "Er, I'm coming!" she said, then winced at the bad timing of that comment.

The pool area of the Bungalow was pretty extensive. There were countless children running about while their mothers chided them for running around a pool. For the number of children there were, there were even more Pokemon. Dusk counted, then lost count when she was around 50 (this was a very LARGE pool indeed). After she had lost count, she turned to see that Kanoa looked a little frustrated. "No one around here to your liking, huh?" Dusk smirked, then followed him into the scuba area.

The others that had invited Kanoa were already in the tank, which looked big enough for a couple Wailord to swim in comfortably.

"One for Scuba-ing, please." Kanoa said to the clerk behind the desk. He was given a wet suit and was sent on his way. Dusk stepped up to the counter and asked for the same.

"Would it be all right for my Lapras to swim with us?" she asked politely. The clerk nodded, which caused Dusk to smile broadly. She hurriedly changed into her wetsuit, then rushed over to the gear. The man over there started to help her get it on, but Dusk politely refused and started putting it on herself. "I learned how to scuba back in Canalave," she explained, "My sister and I used to dive all the time in the harbor."

As soon as she had the gear on she walked over to the tank and opened Lumi's ball. She cried out happily once she realized she was in water and splashed around like a child. Dusk smiled and pressed the tips of her fingers to her cheek. Lumi was just so adorable that it was hard not to love her. Dusk jumped on Lumi's back and started rubbing the back of her head, which earned a delighted croon from the Lapras. "Hurry up you lazy bum!" she called to Kanoa playfully, "All right Lumi, let's go explore this thing!" Lumi smiled and gracefully dove under the water, leaving nothing at the surface but a ripple to show they were even there at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Apr 22 2011, 12:48 AM
Post #59

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Kanoa emerged from the changing room, looking down at himself incredulously. He had been hoping to leave a little of his appearance to the imaginations of others...but this was ridiculous. He felt, for all intents and purposes, quite naked standing there. Even on his skinny frame, every bulge and curve was quite noticeable.

Flippers were also cumbersome. This was because they were flippers.

Kanoa waddled over to the desk in his new get-up, and placed his street clothes and pokeballs on the desk, smiling at the lady. He didn't have any pokemon that could...well...survive underwater.

"Hurry up you lazy bum!"

Kanoa wasn't lazy, or a bum, so he naturally decided that those particular words weren't aimed at him. Waddling in his ungainly fashion back to the pool, he found help to equip himself with all the proper scuba gear. Within the span of a minute or so, he was ready to go.

He had seen scuba divers jump in feet first in perfectly straight lines, so he imitated that precise move. Once underwater, he looked around, then realized he'd kept his eyes closed. Sheepishly opening them, he watched Lumi and Della swimming off. He quickly gave chase, kicking his legs gently in the water to propel himself forward. It was a very odd sensation, and one that Kanoa wasn't quite sure he enjoyed yet.

After a moment, he found himself horrendously short of breath and realized that he had stayed true to his natural instinct: He was underwater, ergo he did not breathe.

Taking in a slow, deep breath, he found himself just a tidbit lightheaded. The oxygen mix in the tank wasn't quite the same as normal air, and that would mean he'd have to get used to it.

Still trailing the much faster and much more adept Lapras and her trainer. He hadn't caught sight of any of the other folks yet, and was wondering when he'd run into his friends from the beach.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kishk
post May 10 2011, 08:40 AM
Post #60

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

Kishk eased himself into the water and smiled inside his breathing apparatus as the cold water enveloped him. It was much cooler and soothing than the raging sea out on the beach, and the silence that engulfed him, making his ears echo eerily, calmed him more than a thousand stress-relief balls. This resort really did have it all: it had earned its title of 'Best Resort In Noverus' in Kishk's books, even without having been explored fully by the young teenager and his friends. He tested breathing deeply several times before he got used to the odd mask on his face. A voice similar to his Kindergarten P.E. teacher's voice nagged him to make sure he was accustomed to the mask before going any deeper, though that might have just been Vitória creeping him out from within her Pokéball.

The black-haired boy motioned for his friends to follow him as he dived deeper into the pool, pushing a wad of lost seaweed out of his way. Ahead of him, a ruined archway dominated by reeds, weeds and other kinds of underwater plant life, served as a makeshift 'portal' through the man-made pool to the underground natural waterways and caves the sea had carved out throughout the ages. He breast stroked through the dark, smoothed out stone and cut a path straight through a dense curtain of sleepy-looking Remoraid. He felt his PokéNav vibrate in his waterproof pocket inside his swimming trunks, which were currently squashed against his leg by the skin-tight diving suit he wore over it. He paid the call little heed, due to what he saw.

Ahead of him, countless water-types swam, either in enormous schools as the Remoraids did, or in small groups of Corphish, or as individual loner clown-like Pokémon. There were few of these last ones, and that spiked Kishk’s interest. They were odd-looking and had a sort of coloring that one would expect out of a snow biome dweller. Before Kishk could come any closer to analyze them, a group of cute Lanturn blocked his path, flashing him in the face with their lightbulb-shaped antennae shining in his face. Jig, which had been following Kishk’s gaze, was infuriated by the sudden appearance of these common Pokémon. Knowing that it would be a bad idea for a single Totodile to battle a group of countless Lanturn, Kishk tugged Jig back by the leg. He’d rather lose sight of the strange water-type and swim away unharmed than die by electrocution in a resort out of pure curiosity.

Kishk dived deeper to examine a rock formation made out of the same type of stone as the ruined archway. Hundreds of small dots and indentations on its sides formed a sort of ancient script that shared many similarities with Braille. Twisting around to face Daniel and Rachel, Kishk waved as vigorously as he could manage underwater until he caught their attention. He indicated the rock formation he had found, while running his hand through the symbols, feeling for some sort of symbol which would actually make sense to him. Along the outer edge of the formation he felt a change in texture and shape. Squeezing his gloved fingers through the tiny crevice available, he felt the top section of the formation move. Without looking back this time, he waved blindly behind himself, calling his friends urgently. Jig stuck his fingers in the crevice as well, and together, Trainer and Pokémon pried open the cap-like rock face with much strain, revealing a dark entrance into a cave. As the rock floated down to the sandy seafloor, Kishk patted his hands around his diving suit for anything that would help him see into the cave. His brief instructions with the diving professional inside the resort had included a few words about light sources stored somewhere in the suit, but Kishk couldn’t quite remember what they were, or even where they were. He turned as a sudden green glow erupted in his peripheral vision. To his right, Jig was activating a pair of glowsticks out of a batch in a small pocket on Kishk’s ankle. Kishk took a few and snapped them lightly along their centers, activating the chemical substance inside. He and his Totodile placed two glowsticks at the entrance, to indicate the way out in case they got lost inside the darkness. Two other glowsticks were thrown down through the cave entrance, landing softly on a sand-covered slope inside. Holding another pair of glowsticks in his hand, Kishk motioned for Rachel and Daniel to enter before him.

Before any of them could enter, however, a sharp response came from a small fish that Jig brushed against when leaning into the cave. Kishk recognized the Pokémon before it even lashed out at the Totodile. it wasn’t a small, simple, light blue-colored fish with orange linings around its eyes: it was the trap present on the tail of a vicious Huntail. Kishk screamed inside his breathing mask for Jig to get out of there, but it was too late. The Huntail snapped around and shot upwards, with a surprised and pained Totodile between its fangs. Kishk motioned for his friends to keep going as he chased the attacker, picking up a loose stone fragment as he went.

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:00 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.