Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
How do you feel about early pregnancy?
Pink Ice Angel
post May 6 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #1

Piiiink
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 19 654

My babies. ^_^

Like the topic says, how do you feel about early pregnancy?

I don't want to look down on anyone because I know we all make mistakes. (Not saying that the baby itself is a mistake, because they are blessings.)

The only real problem I have with it is if the parents don't even take care of what they made.

But, I do respect those who actually keeps and take care of the baby.

But the reason I said early instead of just saying teenage pregnancy is because I know about some children no older than 11 having children.

I know well all have our opnions but I find that disturbing.

Overrall, how do you feel about this? Or if you are, or know a friend who's going through this, how do you/they feel?

--------------------

~+~ I do click for clicks. For one clickers, please click the Regice egg~+~

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Thaliel
post May 6 2009, 08:04 PM
Post #2

Spots on!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 5 588

Posers

We just had big newspaper headlines cuz a 12 year old girl got opregnant. I do not know what befalls thgese kids nowadays, which is why I support these school projects with the alost life-like baby dolls.

--------------------
<-Plz click
+Quote Post

Chrona
post May 6 2009, 09:37 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 052

Active Squad

Kids have always been having sex at a young age, it's just never been extremely often that such young pregnancies happen. However, the media overblows the amount of these young pregnancies and makes it look like every young girl is a whore.

It's a pretty bad occurrence that could mess up the young girl both physically and in terms of her life though. She might have to miss a lot of school for doctors meetings, etc. Adding to that, the boy probably wouldn't stay to help her take care of it. If she does decide to go through with the pregnancy, all I can say is that I hope she can handle it.

--------------------

<-- Click here to join TPPA, an online Pokemon RPG =D
+Quote Post

Atom
post May 6 2009, 09:52 PM
Post #4

I AM THE KING OF ITALY
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 925

My Slaves

Babies are neither mistakes nor blessings. They are the result of a universal, unimpressive, unmiraculous process.

I feel like a good portion of early pregnancies could be prevented if sex education was more widely expanded beyond "abstinence-only". It's been proven that it does not prevent teens having sex as greatly as solid, unbiased, and honest sexual education. I don't mind abstinence being taught as one option out of many, but kids need to be educated in the case that they decide to do the deed.

I think early pregnancies cause kids and teens to grow up too fast. Because of one bad decision, they've thrown away their whole childhood, the whole experience of growing up into adult responsibilities rather than with them. It's very unfortunate and I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bachuru
post May 6 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #5

Don't trip, chicken strip!
Group Icon

Member No.: 330

Active Squad

I feel bad for those who get pregnant so young. Especially in preteen ages, because they boy will most likely not even try to take care of the baby. In older ages, the boys are mature enough to see that they need to take part in it.

I pray for all of the young people who get pregnant. They are basically throwing away their childhood, and turns their worlds upside down, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Amen. /=

--------------------

<Cube> "Optimus Prime held Bella in his arms, sparkling in the sunlight. Pulling her closer to his massive robotic lips, he whispered "Does my chrome chassis dazzle you?""

+Quote Post

Ogre
post May 7 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 583

My motley crew...

Pregnancy destroys lives, no matter how old.

The last thing this world needs is more people in it. It's even worse when those people are born into unfortunate situations like teenage pregnancies. As the result of a teenage pregnancy, I know first-hand how tough it can be when your mom acts more like a big sister than a mother. The trouble is then compounded when the father only lingers around for a year or two, afterwards.

I would advise all young mothers to either abort, or put their child up for adoption. No matter what you think, you cannot provide for that child better than a pair of more responsible, financially well-off foster parents.
+Quote Post

Pink Ice Angel
post May 7 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #7

Piiiink
Group Icon

My babies. ^_^

QUOTE(Ogre @ May 7 2009, 06:48 PM) *

The last thing this world needs is more people in it. It's even worse when those people are born into unfortunate situations like teenage pregnancies. As the result of a teenage pregnancy, I know first-hand how tough it can be when your mom acts more like a big sister than a mother. The trouble is then compounded when the father only lingers around for a year or two, afterwards.

I would advise all young mothers to either abort, or put their child up for adoption. No matter what you think, you cannot provide for that child better than a pair of more responsible, financially well-off foster parents.

I agree with you on that middle paragraph but, i don't believe pregnancy destroys lives no matter how old you are. Thats basically saying we've destroyed lives. And I have definitly not.

And some teenagers are actually capable of keeping and raising their children. And some teenagers grow attached to their baby while their still inside the womb and when they have it, they just don't have the heart to give them away.

Besides, if all teenagers could just get abortions or give them up for adoption, some would probably go back and get pregnant again and repeat the same process so, unless they REALLY can't take care of the baby, it's better if they just keep them so they hopefully won't go back and have another one. But that's just my opinion.

This post has been edited by Star Light Angel: May 7 2009, 07:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ogre
post May 8 2009, 01:27 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 583

My motley crew...

QUOTE(Star Light Angel @ May 7 2009, 08:30 PM) *

I agree with you on that middle paragraph but, i don't believe pregnancy destroys lives no matter how old you are. Thats basically saying we've destroyed lives. And I have definitly not.

And some teenagers are actually capable of keeping and raising their children. And some teenagers grow attached to their baby while their still inside the womb and when they have it, they just don't have the heart to give them away.

Besides, if all teenagers could just get abortions or give them up for adoption, some would probably go back and get pregnant again and repeat the same process so, unless they REALLY can't take care of the baby, it's better if they just keep them so they hopefully won't go back and have another one. But that's just my opinion.

And you're certainly entitled to that opinion. I suppose we just suffer a difference of perspective.
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post May 8 2009, 02:02 AM
Post #9

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

Everyone has different experiences for every situation.
I only know one person that has gotten pregnant. She was around 17-18 at the time.
...from what I've seen, her life hasn't totally been destroyed from this baby. She actually seems to going along fine. She just has to spend less time with her friends. (Keep in mind, I am not this girl)

I myself, don't have a totally negative opinion about it.
You shouldn't have a baby until you're ready, but if that's their fate, then I'll support it. (It's not like I would lecture the person!)

I don't agree that you should force someone into a decision. If this pregnant girl decides to keep the baby, then let her. I don't agree with abortion, but I won't try and force this person to decide against it.

It's their life, not yours.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lorelei
post May 8 2009, 02:12 AM
Post #10

Ice Queen
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 483

Active Squad

My male friend's girlfriend (17 at the time of pregnancy) delivered her baby superbowl day, and despite what my little group of friends predicted (he was literally like...the one guy you CANNOT see having a kid because of the way he acted) he is handling it VERY adult-like and it's obvious it's the best thing that's ever happened to him I'm very happy for him and glad he's taken full responsibility and is making it into something beautiful rather than saying it destroyed his young adulthood and all of that.

It depends on the person. I do NOT support these young girls having children in any way, but shit happens. I'm 20 and if my boyfriend were to impregnate me, I would definitely keep the baby. I consider myself too young (not as young as most) to have a child, but if it were to come to that, I would take full responsibility with no regrets.

You take that risk anytime you have sex, no matter what you use as birth control...it is NOT fair under no means to just give up a child when you do something absolutely retarded like getting pregnant at age 15, but sadly, it cannot be helped.

But yes, not only this country, but this planet is extremely overpopulated and this is the last thing we need...babies themselves having babies. I liked the fun idea my friend had. Making it illegal to have sex unless you pass a sex license test, haha. :p

--------------------
{}
clickforclick

claim!! ~ shiny&non-shiny

Sneasel count: 67
DAYCARE ~ EGG COUNT: 150
x
The two Pokémon love playing with each other.

trainer sprite by MinaKitsune!
deviantART ~ my arts.
earn money sitting on your butt. 8D
+Quote Post

King Calamity
post May 8 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #11

Philosopher
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 187

Wonders of Existence

unfortunately thats a chance that we all take when we go out and have sex, the only question you really have to ask yourself is "is it worth it?"
I know that people in this day and age (especially women) think that the only way to "prove your love" to your mate is to have sex, but there are many other ways to do so that dont risk you getting pregnant.
kids these days get way too far into relationships way too fast.
i know i may sound pretty harsh for saying this but when you make a choice you have to live with the consequences of that choice.
its a very sad thing but i cant say i feel sorry for the parents cuz nobody made them have sex, they chose to themselves, its just bad that the babies have to suffer through it too.

--------------------

Previous Names:
The Enigmatic Trainer
SilverTheIronKnight

EGGS (click to show)

CREDITS (click to show)
+Quote Post

michielynn
post May 8 2009, 02:20 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 767

kawaiidesudesu

I've known a few girls that had kids young.... it doesn't DESTROY them, it makes things REALLY, REALLLLY hard, however. sad.gif I, personally, think a proper age to have kids would be 25+ One of my high school friend's parents had her at the age of 16. And her family, in the long run, came out fine.

For me, I don't want kids till I'm possibly 30, though I would LOVE kids, I don't want them ANY time soon. XP I'm not mature enough, prepared, or willing at this point in my life, I've still got plenty of stuff to do before I have a serious responsibility like a child. All my money would go to that instead of Pokemon!!! XD;

Some to most girls don't intend to get pregnant when they do, they're just too young to realize they just made a big mistake either 1.) wearing a condom 2.) think love means "lets have sex" 3.) think they're in love, but aren't 4.) having sex in general.... or the most horrible one, 5.) Rape.

Some of the times the guy doesn't WANT to wear a condom, or they don't know where to get their hands on one since its not convenient for a little kid to get any. noes.gif Its hard to stop teens having sex, its that you need to teach them the precautions of having it. Besides, girls tend to go for the older, more mature guys who have already had sex... So they get kinda pressured to do so, or to please them, etc. Sighhhh!

You can't just blame the girl for all of this, shes the one that has the real burden to bare. sad.gif One of my best friends has a 4 year old little girl. (WHO IS ADORABLE) Shes my age, 19. The man she was with has impregnated 3 other girls, and claims none of them. Yes, I want to slaughter him if I EVER see him again XD;

Sigh.

This post has been edited by michielynn: May 8 2009, 02:22 PM

--------------------

^Click to check out the Forums Post w/ Info!^
+Quote Post

Pink Ice Angel
post May 8 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #13

Piiiink
Group Icon

My babies. ^_^

QUOTE(michielynn @ May 8 2009, 03:20 PM) *
You can't just blame the girl for all of this, shes the one that has the real burden to bare. sad.gif One of my best friends has a 4 year old little girl. (WHO IS ADORABLE) Shes my age, 19. The man she was with has impregnated 3 other girls, and claims none of them. Yes, I want to slaughter him if I EVER see him again XD;

Sigh.

That is horrible. I really wonder how a guy could do such a thing

--------------------

+Quote Post

michielynn
post May 8 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 767

kawaiidesudesu

QUOTE(Star Light Angel @ May 8 2009, 04:55 PM) *
QUOTE(michielynn @ May 8 2009, 03:20 PM) *

Sigh.

That is horrible. I really wonder how a guy could do such a thing

This man was also 20 years old after younger girls. -____- If he claimed them he'd be charged for rape... But its obvious the children are his.

The girls were around the same ages, 14-16, usually innocent none the less.

This post has been edited by michielynn: May 8 2009, 04:01 PM

--------------------

^Click to check out the Forums Post w/ Info!^
+Quote Post

aiadonyx
post May 8 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #15

Super Nerd
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 333

A nice set indeed

walloftext.gif WARNING RANT walloftext.gif

Early pregnancy bothers me immensely, I am very against it, and I think that we need to do everything in our power to prevent it. And since Abstinence only is nothing but a massive joke and a failure (sure, reporters, pregnancy rates among 15-17 went down, but among 11-14 shot up massively indicating that the reason the 15-17 rates are down is because all those girls are already moms!) I think that we need a combination of mandatory comprehensive age-appropriate sex education and more restrictions on sex in the media, especially radio. I'm a big fan of Alt. Rock and a lot of the songs I hear now are literally and unashamedly all about sex, with lyrics like "she licks me like a lollipop" and "she's goin' down on me in-between the sheets". It's repulsive and makes the music un-enjoyable in addition to making that shit seem cool to the young'uns. horrified.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Frauline Five
post May 8 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 500

Active Squad

Well, it all matters on who's pregnant.

11-14? They irritate me. Most of them are immature. A lot of them are keeping because either their beliefs, or because they think babies are SOH CCUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT. Blah.

15-18? This is a bit mixed. The mature ones I kind of respect. They're willing to raise the child themselves without Ma or Pa doing 90% of the work. Or decide to put up for adoption. The immature ones make me want to facepalm. Especially if it's because they want their boyfriend to stay in a relationship with them.

There are a lot of gray areas, but I'm not going to go into that.

I'm pro-choice, btw.

--------------------

One clickers:

-----

You warm me, I warm you. Kinky.

CURRENTLY BREEDING

x

Whoop Whoop Ho-oh.
+Quote Post

Kaname Madoka
post May 10 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #17

housewife extraordinaire!
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 542

Team HG

I'm pretty much against teen pregnancy. I can't IMAGINE getting pregnant at my age (19), nevermind when I was 13 or 14. Maybe that's just because I don't really like kids, but eh.

I REALLY think that teenagers need to calm their god damn hormones down just enough so that they can THINK before they do something like that. You want to have sex at 13? Fine. But for god sakes, take caution and use protection. It is NOT THAT DIFFICULT. I also believe that parents need to get more involved, and that sex-education needs to be taught earlier and reinforced. (As in, not just doing one class and then letting them forget all about it.)

I understand that teenagers will continue to make stupid decisions, but having sex without protection should not be one of them. And you should certainly NOT be trying to get pregnant because "D'AWW BABIEZ ARE SO CUTE I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A MOM" under the guise that you will just dump the baby on your parents/relatives when you realize you can't take care of it. Life isn't just about YOU. Once you get pregnant, your life as you knew it? It's gone. That baby comes first.

I'd also like to note that all the responsibility doesn't fall on the girl. The boy in the relationship is just as responsible as she is. Don't pressure her to have sex, especially without a condom, and if she gets pregnant, God help you if you decide to run off like its none of your responsibility anymore.

This post has been edited by Hikarii: May 10 2009, 11:30 PM
+Quote Post

dyoxide
post May 11 2009, 01:51 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 19 252

---

"Pregnancy destroys lives, no matter how old."
That may be true in some cases. I'm sure not ALL pregnancies destroy lives, though.
I know some people out there with brains... as surprising as that may be. o_X
+Quote Post

Emphyria
post May 11 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 883

The Go-Rock Squad

There's "Early Pregnancy" and then there's "Child Neglect".

I understand that early pregnancies can befall teenagers, particularly those under the influence of peer pressure/alcohol/drugs and other external factors. No amount of increased sexual education will stop this unfortunately though I would encourage sexual education to be FAR more graphic rather than clinical whenever it came to certain aspects e.g.

1. Child birth (all of it)
2. Sexual diseases.

When diseases and child birth are put in graphic terms before teenagers the gore and the shock factor generally impact harder as opposed to just handing them a pamphlet that says, "These are the signs..."

However, early pregnancy can QUICKLY become "Child Neglect" when a parent permits a thirteen year old child or below to become pregnant. To even allow your child to get into that sort of situation with another child is appalling; more to the point allowing them to carry that child to full term is even worse. Now I would request that anti-abortion people DON'T rip out my throat for saying that as I'm speaking from a medical stand point.

In the UK any girl under the age of 16 who finds herself pregnant is a "High Risk Case" - a girl that young has nearly double the risk of complications during child birth and that risk climbs significantly the younger they are. For a parent to permit their daughter to put their life in jeopardy (yes it can be that severe) to that point, there's something severely lacking in that household. I won't point fingers and declare "That person is to blame" but for a parent to not spot the fact that their 11-13 year old daughter is pregnant is neglect... In those circumstances I can't forgive it and I don't consider the parents of the newborn child to be capable either.

--------------------
"The Incubator"
If you click my eggs, I promise to return the favour~!

+Quote Post

lover
post May 13 2009, 09:42 AM
Post #20

Togepi ~Princess~
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 15 214

Princess pokes

Depends on how you have been bought up.

I'm seventeen and having a little girl. I have my own house, fianc'e, car, money did have a job but i had to leave because of pregnancy complications.

I'm going to be the best mum in the world, im 25weeks gone i have my cot, moses basket, bottles and steriliser, dummies if needed, bath set(bath, sponges all jonsons things.) Nappies, Blankets, Clothes, Towels, Baby bouncers, toys/teddies a room for her.

Just because we are young does not make us bad parents. I know im going to be the best. I hate the teens who are crap mums giving me a bad name because to be honest i am different im not like them and HATE being labled as a young mum who will struggle. I have a perfect family support a loving and adoring fiance my age.

I'm under teenage pregnancy unit in UK and i hate it i'm 18 before she arrives too. I do get extra support with having my own family nurse and great midwife from 12week pregnant, but i do not NEED it. Sure it's helped but it really upsets me because only get this because im classed as a young mum and needing more help i could do it without there help but i'm not going to just turn them down.

Yes i have had many many many complications threw my pregnancy but my baby is perfectly healthy i am just a fragile girl. Ive had bleeding, low placenter and a misscarry before this bundle of love.

________________________________________________________________________________

Teens that are younger than like age 13, there a child themself and i think its unfair to let them go threw pregnancy, i think abortion may be the answer there but thats a hole different subject.

I lost my virginity under the age limit 16 but it was not long before my 16th i wasnt ready i regret it!!
More topics need to be bought up in school about relationships, communication, abortion, contreception (all factors) Sex education, peer pressure, drug and alcohol use, and of course teen pregnancies. They need to be aware not affraid.
I was taught sex ed but it was totaly crap and none of it was useful ive learnt more from my own mum.

Parent and guardians also need to talk more with there children about all them subjects because i think teaching your child whats best is better than a school doing it. I'm glad i have a great mum and she has got me where i am today without help from her i would not be where i am having my own family and in the best situation possible too.

I just don't understand young girls age of 13 having babies and even having sexual contact.

--------------------

i click back
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 10:51 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.