Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
If you had a Time Machine..., several deep thought questions
Blax8192
post Apr 17 2008, 07:35 PM
Post #1

Never turn down a really good pie...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 961

Active Squad

--1--with a one way one use, when would you live:

you can pick any time period, the dangers with picking the Future is you have no idea what the conditions of the world will be when you arrive, plague, aliens (hostile or otherwise), war, or we could have begun a nuclear war and eradicated ourselves from the face of the Earth making you the last person on earth.

The issues with the past are the same. You have the benefit of being "genetically superior" if you believe in that crap and will likely be immune to most of the diseases, but there is also the diseases we have eradicated in the present time and no longer vaccinate for like smallpox and whatnot (I've heard that people whos ancestors contracted and survived the black plague are resistant to HIV) and the hardships of survival in a difficult economy (you'd start with nothing because modern money would have the wrong dates and be worth nothing) and have the hardships of survival.

you can't take anything with you but the clothes on your back

--2--and could take any ONE thing from the past and any ONE thing from the future, what would you take:

(remember if you were to show the future thing to people and try to copyright it, the original inventor will never have invented it and it will cease to exist, so it'll be your own secret)

--3--could meet any one person, who would you meet:

if you choose Attilla the hun or something and he were to kill you, it counts as natural selection.

as for my replies

--1--
1980s They had decent music, not too shabby technology, original movies and music, no retarded "rap" which people seem to confuse with music, and it has decent cars and stuff.

--2--
from the past I would take Albert Einsteins E=MC^2 thingy to prevent nuclear weapons from being created (how noble XP)

From the Future I would take a matter manipulation device to help me to lift objects and stuff (like in the several ton range) and secretly use it to...well do just about anything else too

--3--
Vlad the Impaler, the person who inspired Bram Stoker to write Dracula (basing the vampire off Vlad)

deep thought questions, but they are fun to think about and toy with the possibilities...

--------------------
These are my Topics which you should read, but probably won't (click to showhide)
=mine
A glimpse into my mind(by clicking you are signing a waiver on your sanity) (click to showhide)
(\_/)
\(n.n)/
(")_(")
this is evil bunny, copy and paste him into your sig and help him keep bunny from taking over the world!!!
I didn't want to put this in tags but the length was bugging me . . . just open it (click to showhide)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Guest_Hokkai no Oni_*
post Apr 18 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #2

Guests

Not so much deep thought as you seem to think, so much as it appears to be the way that episodes of Star Trek get written, but what the hell. Nobody else has bitten, I shall.

1. I should go to the late 1700s, early 1800s when the Napoleonic wars were at their height. I have long imagined myself standing on the quarter deck of one of the King's sloops, frigates or ships of the line, free to use terms like cunt (as in cunt splice) in their inoffensive original meaning, and insult the French without some politically correct moron telling me I can't. Call me an old-fashioned romantic.

2. I should from the past choose to take a compass, as they are always capital things to have at hand aboard a naval vessel, and from the future I would take a modern telescope in order to take advantage of being able to observe the cosmos without light pollution or industrial emissions blocking out the stars.

3. I would meet Darwin as a boy and convert him to Christianity in order to avoid his coming up with the theory of evolution. I'm agnostic and a scientist so don't attempt to attach some insidious religious cause to me for it, I simply find the idea amusing, and it would make my (first known to man) science fiction stories seem more imaginative.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:43 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.