Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
An anime for teenagers
Chari
post Jun 21 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #21

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 26 495

My lovely team

I can't agree. Pokemon anime is kodomoanime. It's made for children. I like anime like "slayers" but if they make it mature too much I won't watch it. I like it as it is. It's funny and childish cartoon. P-a is pure and innocent kodomo anime
And I hate Team G and fanservice. They're evil~_~!

--------------------
Spoiler (click to showhide)

I'm part of... (click to show)

Creditzzz (click to show)

Quotezz:
The yellow bumbler tried everything he could, short annoying gags and hurtful insults, but the triple changer was just not switching to either is blue or red face. So instead Bumblebee asked for a couple of games to play with the Decepticon to see if losing would make any difference. He got the games and played several of them with Blitzwing, making a friend of him, and finally they were sitting across the table from each other playing one of the older Pokémon games with a cable connection on their two gameboys
by Zaerith-Chan
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Apprentice Maste...
post Jun 21 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #22

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 21 107

Active Squad

I wouldn't mind if the dub were to add some pokes to mature-related subjects once in a while.
But you've got to know that the original does sometimes relate to adult manner every, what, third of a season?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Aura Bender Drak...
post Jun 22 2009, 02:17 AM
Post #23

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 336

Active Roster

Oh yes, please (is there some petition that anyone feels like drawing up?). Pokemon anime needs a definate age booster. Honestly, I'd be okay with keeping the same characters so long as they were somewhere between the ages of 15 and 18. Some more mature themes (including some romance eyes.gif ) is seriously needed. It's getting waaaay too repetitive and happy-go-lucky.

Also, bringing Silver into the mix would be epic.

--------------------
All auras, united.

You know you want to...
+Quote Post

Obey Teh Muffin
post Jun 23 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #24

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 992

Active Squad

QUOTE(FalconWolf @ Jun 9 2009, 08:05 PM) *
As I said in another topic...

I think they should start a whole new Pokemon show, with a girl as the main character. Too many anime have boys/guys as the staring hero. Whole new cast, except those who cant be changed, like Nurse Joys, Gym Leaders n such, new story line, more mature. Complete fresh start.

They did it with Zoids, Digimon... so why not Pokemon? They can keep going with Ash's story and still start the new one.

That's hell nah! Haven't you noticed all animu with girl leads are shoujo, girly and entirely boring?
But I agree with the new story line. The only thing that changes in the anime is the region/pokemon.

They need to add some cussing/blood in the show. Not too much though, don't want a Pokemon No Naku Koro Ni...
The pokemon special manga is what I'd like to see in anime form.

--------------------
+Quote Post

RDM
post Jun 28 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #25

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 269

Current Emerald Team

As long as it doesn't affect the current one, it would be a wise buissiness strategy. Help eliminate the impression that Pokemon is only for little kids. And the manga didn't come off as much more mature than the movies to me. Nothing's mature with Gold, or Dia and Pearl around. B|

--------------------

B| My favourite pokeymanz. Or rather, 6 out of 10. Plus Flint, 'cause he's awesome.
+Quote Post

Amalthea
post Jun 28 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #26

Daiurnally Challenged
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 24 531

I see Eeevviilll

I'm not not going to lie, a lot of my friends and I are still into pokemon. And we're seniors in high school (I double as a freshman in college as well but that's beside the point) The idea of maybe lots of the trainers, Evil, true Maybe show MORE pokemon in a sense ( more than just 'oh we saw it, it goes in the pokedex, lets almost NEVER think about it again than trying to see all the others.') Really this has a chance of being something really cool because of how many of the original fans are college/high school. We're the people who had parents nearly kill each other for Yellow at Christmas. and then they themselves end up understanding it sot hey could be close to us. We're teenagers. We need a show without a kid whose been 10 for nearly 20 years.

--------------------

Please Clicketh- It's my Party

Join Da Pokemon Crew

+Quote Post

Chari
post Jun 30 2009, 06:19 AM
Post #27

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My lovely team

That's hell nah! Haven't you noticed all animu with girl leads are shoujo, girly and entirely boring?

Hey! "Slayers" is NOT girly! Slayers is NOT boring

--------------------

Quotezz:
The yellow bumbler tried everything he could, short annoying gags and hurtful insults, but the triple changer was just not switching to either is blue or red face. So instead Bumblebee asked for a couple of games to play with the Decepticon to see if losing would make any difference. He got the games and played several of them with Blitzwing, making a friend of him, and finally they were sitting across the table from each other playing one of the older Pokémon games with a cable connection on their two gameboys
by Zaerith-Chan
+Quote Post

Sheria
post Jun 30 2009, 06:43 AM
Post #28

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 468

Oc party

I totally agree!

I mean come on, all the movies up to the 4th were creating crimes, things getting violent and even the characters and pokemon almost at their deaths (not to mention the whole world walloftext.gif ) . It kept you on the edge of your seat not a 'oh, ok it gets worse then it gets better and now they're on their way again'

and like the first season; Ash had to make his best effort for pikachu who zapped him like god knows how many times, his newbie way of trying to catch a Pidgey was just hilarious~ You never see the new characters doing silly things like that anymore. You never see pokemon with personalities like charizard had either ;w;

Pairings would be total win, then no ones disappointed with a blind eye.

--------------------

Not so much of a Hikaru x Haruhi fan anymore...
<3 GO TAMAHARU <3

Clubs (click to show)

+Quote Post

Obey Teh Muffin
post Jun 30 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #29

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 992

Active Squad

QUOTE(RDM @ Jun 28 2009, 04:05 PM) *
As long as it doesn't affect the current one, it would be a wise buissiness strategy. Help eliminate the impression that Pokemon is only for little kids. And the manga didn't come off as much more mature than the movies to me. Nothing's mature with Gold, or Dia and Pearl around. B|

The manga actually isn't afraid to show bitchslapping and blood, the anime censors it with a screen of stripes and stars and a "boink!"

QUOTE(Chari @ Jun 30 2009, 06:19 AM) *

Hey! "Slayers" is NOT girly! Slayers is NOT boring

Don't listen to me!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Chari
post Jul 1 2009, 09:15 AM
Post #30

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My lovely team

New season with a girl... sounds fun! Most anime with boys are so banal
Anyway... Ash with Dawn or May... Ohh... Nightmare... He must raise his pokemon. If he will waste his time with that girly stuff he will never become Pokemon-master...
I don't think it's possible to change rating of anime

--------------------

Quotezz:
by Zaerith-Chan
+Quote Post

Enma Okami
post Jul 1 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #31

Okami Mew
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 782

My Dream Team

QUOTE(Syreon @ Jun 9 2009, 02:16 AM) *
I'm also one of those people who like the anime as it is now for its dorky cheese and sap and predictability. A lot of the time the script is actually pretty hilarious in how ridiculous it is, so I'd hate to see that taken away and replaced by a constant serious mood, even if it was more 'mature'.

^ well they could do occasional dorky stuff like bring misty back and having ash act stupid around her, or something.
and I love the Idea of a girl lead role. Also, having different points of views would be wonderful! And ash should like age every once in a while, and change his clothes more often lol.

But really they should have ash meet up with a shiny or have pikachu run off to another trainer because he was mad at ash, something like that, having drama and not having ash win every battle, like in kanto when ash didn't win against that gym leader with the riachu but ash went and trained pikachu hard and won the re-battle.

--------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beware the Jabberwock, My son!
With eyes aflame, jaws that
bait and claws that catch.
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch.

He took his vorpal sword in hand, the vorpal blade went snicker-snack.

He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.
+Quote Post

Kylie
post Jul 1 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #32

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 827

Dream Team~

That's not such a bad idea, but I really enjoy the show the way it is (:
I've grown attached to the same old characters; the only one I don't like is Brock -.-
He's so creepy because I have no idea how old he is and it's gross how he falls in love with EVERY girl they cross paths with.
The only thing that might be a little better is if they would make Ash a bit older. It's not very believable that anyone would let a 10 year old go off into the world to become a "Pokemon master" or "Coordinator" with no form of protection but a little creature that knows some fancy moves (I'm also not trying to put down the current show, just being realistic).
They should do the same thing they did with Ben 10. They finished off, I believe, a season or two of him as a young boy, then made it seem a little more realistic by making him age. He was so much more interesting to watch once he grew up a bit (:

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 06:35 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.