Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Par-Tay in Gigarte, At a circus, nonetheless.
Kamaitachi
post Jun 14 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #1

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

"Kyoko! Magical Leaf! Orin! Icy Wind!" Tag roared as he stood his ground, sweeping his hand across the field as he issued his commands. His Bellossom and Snorunt nodded upon reception before launching into their respective techniques. Twirling gracefully, Kyoko shot out several glowing leaves in all directions. However, before they hit the ground, they turned and shot off in the direction of her opponents, streaking towards them as only dangerous projectiles could. Orin, the Snorunt, drew a deep breath before unleashing a surprising amount of frigid wind from her chilly little body. The two attacks cascaded unto Tag's foes. The Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Machamp and Hariyama and crossed their arms in defense.

When the barrage cleared up, Tag saw that the Hitmonchan had finally fainted, and the Machamp was frozen in place, a chilly blue sheen all over his skin.

The four trainers at the other end stared in disbelief at Tag's pokemons' display of power. Their cameras hung almost limply at their side. For a moment, it seemed like they didn't want to continue the battle...but they really needed what Tag had been protecting.

Raven Amaranth was the prize. Photos, interviews...something. The elusive woman had turned up in Furoh after many years of disappearance, and this was potentially the story of a lifetime. This scary looking Tattoo Man had stepped between her and them and gently ushered her along. As they made to move, he'd stepped in their way. Despite the fact that there were four of them and only one of him, they seemed hesitant to pass by. In fact, it seemed that each time they took a step closer, his already intimidating glare intensified tenfold. This scary man was keeping them from the scoop of the century.

"We need to talk to Miss Amaranth!" One of the men piped up, "Just let us, please!"

"Yo Bodyguard, just drop it. We're not going to do anything to her, just talk and take pictures."

Tag appeared to consider this, even though his face remained motionless throughout. He took a slow breath, as if ready to utter his response, but all that came out was:

"Kyoko, Leaf Blade. Orin, Ice Fang."

The two much smaller pokemon caught the trainers off guard as the rushed forward. Kyoko drew a leaf from her skirt, a dangerously long and thin one, almost in the fashion of a rapier. With surprising grace (And cuteness), she thrust forward several times, mimicking the movements of her comrade and partner, Bachi, a Nidorino. The Hariyama flopped backwards from the attack, only to be met with a final downwards slash on his head. Kyoko stood triumphantly atop the bulky mass of an unconscious pokemon, smiling vibrantly at the enemy trainers.

Meanwhile, Orin had sprung forward, clamping her teeth down on the Hitmonlee's Leg. Icy energy foamed out as she clamped down, mixed in with the roaring of pain from the Kicking Pokemon. When she let up, a block of ice encased the pokemon's leg, rendering it fairly useless, considering its specialty.

With the four pokemon disposed of, Tag whistled sharply. Kyoko and Orin obediently moved to Tag's side. The veteran trainer nodded in silent praise down at his two pokemon before returning them to their homes.

"We're through." He turned to walk away, amidst the protest of the photographers. Tag stopped in his tracks and whipped around, firing off a glare that would make thunderstorms whimper. The journalists froze in place, and quickly found that tending to their pokemon was more important than pursuing an illusory girl and her terrifying protector.

Tag reached the Pokemon Center not too long after. He wasn't quite used to be underground in such a fashion, but it was still sort of hard to believe that he was. Everything felt as if they were, for all intents and purposes, topside. Gigarte's atmosphere, within its dome, was a much more vivid display that some of those he'd seen in all of his travels. However, he noted, that there was something still...man-made about it. It seemed natural, but he knew that it had all been carefully planned and plotted out, rather than the haphazard happenstance with which Mother Nature usually applied her touches.

The doors parter to reveal the usual hustle and bustle of the Pokemon Center. Making his way over to the front Desk, Tag neatly deposited his five pokeballs on a tray, handing it to one of the Nurses as he filled out his form.

He looked around for Raven, and noted, alarmingly, that she was nowhere to be seen. She'd been kidnapped!

"Oh, you're Mr. Taggarty Lee." He snapped his head around to see a familiar face; Nurse Joy. "Miss Raven asked me to inform you that she headed over to the Circus."

At times like this, Tag wished he had one of those newfangled Pokegears or even an X-Transceiver. He just had his plain old Pokedex, which while a marvel in itself, could not make a phone call. He had recently installed Angry Birds on it though, but had yet to find the time to play it.

Tag received his healed pokemon in short order, and proceeded to make his way over to the Circus. It would be a pain in the butt to find one girl in all that hubbub. Why would she do that to him?

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 15 2011, 08:28 PM
Post #2

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17 104

PANE

A massive grin was plastered on his face. Gigarte. An underground home. What a great and unique place to have himself an introduction concert?! Adjusting the guitar strapped over his shoulder and onto his back, Seican explored the town a bit, looking for the best place to do an opening concert, or in his mind, a Contest Hall. Sure, it took some time, but he soon fiound it and entered, getting himself ready to sign up.

Looking around, he saw many people prepping their Pokemon to be beautiful, gorgeous, and what naught. Seican felt like he was going to stand out big time! He was not for the pretty. He was here for the awesome! He was going to be so awesome, he will be in insta-star. "Let's get this show on the road!"

Heading over to the counter, he met up with the clerk and leaned up on the counter with a grin on his face. "Hey there. Seican Serroc. You may not know me yet, but you soon will when I dazzle our audience today."

The woman blinked at the man's postured and sighed, thinking We got another one here, before looking back at him. "Well them, Mr. Serroc. If I don't know you, you must be new then, am I right?" A nod from Seican. "Well then, guess I should go over a few things. As I go over them, please fill this out for your ID." With a notepad handed, Seican began to work on the basic registration. "Now then, first off, this is how things are ran in Furoh. You have the Appeal round to please the crowd and judges while using one Pokemon. Now, I am sure you know this, but a crowd does not get pleased with one move." Seican nodded at the information, filling out more info. "If the judges enjoy it, you enter the battle phase with two other Pokemon." This made the pen stop moving.

"Wait, two other Pokemon? As in, three total?"

"Yes. Why? Is there a problem?"

"Well, yeah. What if I only have two?! Can't I use one in both Appeals and battles?"

"We do not want to see repeating appeals, Mr. Serroc. So if you only have two Pokemon, you may not enter unless you can catch, teach, practice and get ready in..." She turned to look at the clock behind her, "Five minutes." Those words stabbed him in one ear, through his brain, and out the other, before his head dropped. As he stood there, motionless, the clerk took the keyboard and looked it over. "Now then, if you wait a moment, we will have your ID card set and ready to go.

-------------------------------------------

After the time to get the ID, Seican walked out, sighing, looking at the card. "Well, looks like my opening night won't be here after all," he said, sighing before pocketing the card. It didn't take long, however, to be ushered by someone in a funky gimmick.

"Hey you! With the guitar!" Cursiou, Seican walked over to see what was up. "You are good with that, right?" A nod. "Great! You see, one of our musicians for our circus seemed to have caught a cold and can't play, and wondering if you can replace him. Now I am sure a guitar can't replace a trumpet, but we can work something out." Seican stared at him. "What? You expect me to have you do this for free? Nah! I am not that evil. I will pay up for your work. Only for tonight!'

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 16 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #3

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

Justin Smart and Nate Guzman, a rag tag duo of trainers working for Team Deception, traveled north from Lenoilia to get to the underground city of Gigarte. As low ranking members, they did not expect their supposed mission to be very difficult or important. They tended to act as bodyguards, grunts, peons, henchmen and such. They were used to it by then, though, and the pay was still acceptable, so they continued. The only real problem was the hours and how demanding their bosses tended to be. Justin hadn't been home in quite some time, and travels were making him grow weary. More specifically, travels with Nate. Even more specifically, travels without Pan.

"Sorry about Pan," Nate said as they walked.

"Shut up," Justin sighed. "You couldn't give me five fucking minutes to talk to her?"

"No," Nate shook his head. "And that was for your own good,"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"If you had five minutes to talk to her," Nate began. "What do you think you would do?"

"I'd-"

"Fuck it up?" Nate suggested. "That's definitely what you'd do. It had been a long day, you got beaten up, we all almost died, and you were emotional and crabby. You would have either broken it off with her and immediately regretted it, or you'd have told her you were in love with her or something equally stupid, and immediately regretted it. You weren't in the emotional place to have a real conversation with her, and you weren't smart enough to realize that. So, yes, it was my fault that we left so soon, because I didn't want you to mess up the only good thing in your whole goddamn life,"

Justin stopped walking and just looked down, sighing. "Really, Nate?"

"Yes," Nate stopped and looked back at Justin. "Come on, we're Unit 101. We're not that important." Justin still looked really mopey. "Look, I'm sorry I did-"

"No," Justin shook his head. "You're right. You were so right. I would have done something really stupid, and I'm glad that you stopped me. I'm just surprised is all."

"Why?"

"Because I thought you hated me," he said. "I thought we hated each other."

"Dude, I don't hate you," Nate laughed. "Since I joined Team Deception, you're my only friend. Do you- Do you hate me?"

"I thought I did," Justin shrugged. "But the more I think about it, the more I realize that the only thing I do like about TD is hanging out with you. This job sucks, man. I think that's what I really hate."

"Yeah," Nate nodded. "Maybe when we get promoted, it'll get better, but I really kinda doubt it."

"Yeah..."

So they traveled and they chatted and, eventually, and probably inevitably, they ran into wild pokemon. Out from the tall grass came two Weepinbells and one Victreebel, and they were acting mighty territorial. Justin and Nate nodded at each other and each sent out a pokemon. Nate picked Ninja, his Sneasel, for its access to powerful Ice attacks which could bring down the grass types. Justin picked Sudowoodo, because he hadn't used him in a while.

"Dude, seriously?" Nate asked.

"What?"

"You're gonna use your only Rock type against three grass pokemon? You know they do critical damage to him, right?"

"Oh..."

"It's cool, check this out," Nate smiled. "Ninja use Ice Punch on the left Weepinbell," Ninja leaped forward, gracefully, and punched the left one, quite immediately knocking it out. Upon impact, however, the other Weepinbell and the Victreebel launched their own attacks at her. Victreebel used Leaf Tornado, a moderate attack which lowered accuracy, while Weepinbell used Stun Spore, severely limiting Ninja's mobility. "Oh," Nate sighed. "Ninja, try another one," She was really slow though.

"I think I got it," Justin nodded. "Sudowoodo, use Mimic. Copy Ninja's Ice Punch," Without missing a beat, Sudowoodo waddled forward quickly and smacked the other Weepinbell with its green fist, which exploded into ice. The ice was much less powerful than Ninja's, but it certainly gave her the opportunity to use Ice Shard, which was so fast it didn't matter that she was paralyzed, the Weepinbell was finished off. Victreebel took a few hops backwards and retreated into the grass, now that it was faced against two powerful, ice wielding foes.

"Nicely done," Nate smiled. "You know, I believe Sudowoodo has the capacity to utilize Ice Punch to its full potential,"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, in our next fight, try telling him to use Ice Punch, and see if he remembers," Nate said. "If not, I'll have Ninja use it again, and he'll learn it eventually. It'll be a good move to have, since Ice counters Ground and Grass, two types which pose a threat to Rock."

"Alright," Justin nodded. "Thanks,"

"No problem, man,"

Finally, hours later, they arrived at Gigarte, tired and hungry and whiny, but they had a job to do. "So where do we go?" Justin asked.

"There's a circus in town," Nate said. "The whole thing is organized by Team Deception, and they got us working with some of the caged pokemon they got."

"Caged pokemon?"

"Hm?" Nate asked.

"Our very first mission," Justin recalled. "You remember it? We caged a wild Seviper for Team Deception. Do you think this was the reason?"

"Probably," Nate shrugged. "Anyway, I think our job is to stand there and make sure nothing crazy happens,"

"Easy," Justin smiled. "And I'm sure nothing unexpected will happen to ruin our easy and boring job. Nothing ever does, right?"

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jun 17 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

The Circus was gaudy and loud. Tag hated gaudy and loud, therefore he hated the Circus.

All around him, people were pushing around him. To top it all off, they were having far too much fun to be intimidated by his intense glares. Realizing that he was getting nowhere by being curmudgeonly, Tag stopped glaring, and simply sulked his way through the crowd.

He really wanted to find Raven and get the hell out of there.

Then, it caught his attention.

"Move Master! Pokemon Moves, tutored to your pokemon."

Tag approached the stall and blinked awkwardly at the computer. It had no keyboard. It was just a screen. After a moment, he reached out to touch it in what would've been its face, were it a person. To his surprise, it blinked on, and prompted him to type in a Pokemon name. It even had a keyboard on the screen. Ever so tentatively, he reached out and tapped the screen, producing a very proud "L". As he did so, the screen opened up a new window, with a list of pokemon with the letter "L" in their species name. "E". Ledyba. Ledian. Excellent. He punched in Ledian, and a list of moves that could be taught to Suzu appeared on the screen.

He repeated the process over and over until he had filled out the form for his entire team of 5. With a whirr and a click, the computer printed out a sheet, and a price.

"So, what've you got to offer me."

Tag's head snapped over, and his eyes widened in surprise as a man virtually materialized right in front of his face. Seriously, the man had come out of nowhere.

"Says here you'll take...stuff."

"Indeed I do."

Tag rummaged through his backpack. "I've got...Water purification tablets...a mirror...soap. Uh, some Jerky, a Swiss Army Knife, a hot plate and a flare gun."

"Okay, I'll take the Knife, Hot Plate, Flare Gun, Mirror and some Jerky in exchange for the five moves." Tag hadn't used the Flare Gun in forever. The knife was useful, but easily replaced, and he had no sentimental attachment to any of those things.

"Uh. Fine." He pushed them over to the quirky gentleman, who shoved them into a sack. Tag appeared visibly miffed that his former possessions were treated with such disdain; He'd been far more meticulous about their care. After all, he had needed them functional on the road.

"Right this way!"

Tag walked into the stall, and realized that it had been attached to a much larger tent. Inside was a battlefield of the plainest most ordinary variety. The odd man rummaged through his things and pulled out a what appeared to be binoculars, but the kind that should you pictures in slide-show form rather than the kind that showed you things at a distance.

"Summon your pokemon." Tag summoned his team, who immediately looked about, somewhat confused as to why they were at a battlefield with no one to battle. The odd man moved up to Suzu and placed the goggles in her face, inserting a disc, labeled "Acrobatics." Within moments, a chime went off, and Suzu seemed visibly pleased with herself. With that, the odd man went down the line with discs for "Hone Claws", "Toxic", "Magic Coat - MT", and "Attract" and within no time flat, each of Tag's pokemon had learned a new move.

"Thankee Sir! G'bye!" With that, Tag recalled his pokemon and moved out of the tent, still somewhat confused as to what events had just transpired.

However, even more confusing still was the fact that he was now face to face with a cage that contained a Seviper. For some reason, the snake was eying him oddly.

Tag approached the cage, tilting his head to the side, as a bird does when investigating something. The Seviper seemed to be...pleading? Why was it pleading with him? Why did it look at him as if the snake had known him? None of this really made any sense.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 20 2011, 12:35 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

PANE

After a while, Seican was taken over to the band as they were practicing up on a song. "Good news, everyone! I found a member to help replace Chuck. Now, I trust you guys can do a quick fix to fit his style. And remember, you only get one song, so let's make it count!" With that, the man left, leaving Seican with the band members.

The band mainly consisted of five guys and a girl. Three of them used guitar, one was at drums, one had six sets of keyboards, and the girl had a synthesizer pad. "I was told I would be replacing a trumpet guy, so what's with all the rock gear?" He was honestly be expecting an orchestra.

"Well, our trumpeter was more of an experiment for another song. He mainly plays bass himself," said one of the guitarists with a Japanese accent. "Still, we got something that may be able to suit your style. Care to listen?" With a nod, Seican watched the drummer count them down before giving a quick demo of that they had planned. "So kid, how about it? Think you can keep up?"

An a quick moment, Seican was set up, ready to be taught his parts. showing him the notes, he went to memorize the "stanzas" (since he had no paper to read), following along before being told where each part was. Within the hour, he got the hang of things, and the band got to work mixing it all together.

"Me? Keep up? You are talking to the son of the legendary band, The White Knights! This will be no sweat!" Rolling the guitar over to his front, he gave them a taste of his style. "now then, think you can keep up with me?"

This got the group laughing, glad to hear his ability. "Alright," said another guitarist, "I'll show you your parts, and cue you when to go. If you can memorize it in the two hours before we stage, then we should be golden."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 20 2011, 02:22 PM
Post #6

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Shortly after Tag walked away from the Move Tutor, Justin and Nate found themselves flinching at the loud noises of the circus. "Learn Pokemon Moves! Your pokemon will become stronger than ever for a non-nominal fee!"

Justin's head whipped over to the stall, his eyebrows raised. "Dude, we don't have time," Nate sighed.

"Sure we do," Justin smiled. "Hitmontop needs some new moves. All his attacks are Fighting type. Trust me, it's worth it."

"Hitmontop, eh?" the man at the counter smiled. "Got quite a few moves to choose from for that pokemon,"

"Awesome," Justin smiled. "Quick question, what did you mean by non-nominal? Was it like a studder or-"

"No sir," the man shook his head. "I take more than just money. If you've got wares that you don't need anymore, or any useful trinkets I might find useful, I'll take those as currency,"

"Right," Justin nodded, awkwardly. "What if I do have money?"

"Then I suppose I can make that work," the man smiled. "How much do you got?"

"Uh," Justin stumbled, "No. How about you tell me how much it's gonna cost, and we'll see if it works out,"

"Hmm. How about...1000 dollars a move?" Justin just stood in front of the stall, looked over at Nate for a second, and casually turned around to begin walking away. "500!" He turned his head and then shook it. "350. That's as low as I go. These TMs are expensive!"

"300, and we'll make it work," Justin nodded.

"Fine," The man sighed, pulling out a piece of paper. "Here's a list of moves Hitmontop can learn." It was a pretty big list, and Justin had basically no idea what to do.

"Uhh," he began, looking over to Nate, with his eyebrows raised. "Help?"

Nate sighed and looked at the paper. "Well," he said, "Hitmontop is all about doing a ton of damage as fast as possible, right? Well, yours is at least. Most people play him a little more defensively, but it seems to work for you. I might give him Earthquake, since it's a ridiculously powerful attack. There's Bulldoze, which would work great with Technician, as well as Bullet Punch. Bullet Punch won't really add much coverage, though, and you already have both Fake Out and Mach Punch for priority. Bulldoze is really great, but Earthquake is still stronger, and you don't really need the speed reduction, since you have Mach Punch to finish them off. I'd go with Earthquake."

"Earthquake it is," Justin nodded to the Move Tutor.

"Earthquake it is," The Move Tutor nodded. After Justin handed over his 300 dollars and called out Hitmontop, the Move Tutor put the goggles on the pokemon (after Justin got him to sit still for a second). He did the same thing he did to Tag's pokemon and, presto! Hitmontop learned Earthquake. "Careful with that move, kid," the Move Tutor said. "He didn't learn it naturally, so it'll take some getting used to. It's a really powerful move. Don't get anyone killed, alright?"

Justin rolled his eyes and called back Hitmontop before they went on their way. Once they walked outside of the tent, they saw the same cage Tag saw with the same Seviper. They also saw Tag from behind, and so didn't recognize it was him. "Isn't that Tag?" Nate asked. Okay, so Justin didn't recognize him.

"Uhh," Justin walked over next to Tag and recognized the tattoos. The Seviper seemed to react very negatively to Justin's presence near the cage as it moved to the back corner of it. Something told him this was a familiar Seviper. "Yo,"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jun 21 2011, 02:39 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"Isn't that Tag?"

Had it been the mellifluous dulcet tones with a slight southern twang, Tag would've been much more receptive to the following greeting.

"Umm. Yo." With all the usual awkwardness of Justin's presence, Tag decided for once to turn his head and offer a smile.

"Hello, Justin. Hello, Nate." There. That wasn't so bad. His smile swiftly faded back into his usual icy demeanor as he sized the two up. "I can't help but feeling that the two of you have been following me." He wasn't trying to intimidate them, despite his fairly intimidating countenance.

Out of the corner of his eye, he watched the Seviper retreat towards the back of its cage. He looked up at Justin, meeting him square in the eye. With the same intent, he did the same to Nate (except that Nate was more eye level with him). Then, once more he looked back to the Seviper. The gears behind his eyes seemed to whirr and pop for a moment as his brain slowly put together the pieces.

Something similar to a geometric proof applied.

QUOTE(Tag's Train of Thought)
1.) Met Justin and Nate outside of Petropolis
2.) Met Malcolm Smith outside of Petropolis. Superfluous.
3.) Met a Wild Seviper outside of Petropolis.
4.) Captured Wild Seviper.
5.) Met Pokemon Rangers intent on freeing said Seviper.
6.) Battled Pokemon Rangers over said Seviper.
7.) Realized that Justin and Nate were up to no good with aforementioned Seviper.
8.) Lost to Justin.
9.) Justin's aid in Petropolis
10.) Justin and Nate revealing that they were, in fact, Criminals on Mt. Carello. Team...Decryption.
11.) Implication: If Justin and Nate were criminals capturing a wild Seviper. then the Seviper ended up in captivity.
12.) Currently an uncaptured Seviper recognizes me.
13.) Aforementioned Seviper currently recognizes Justin and Nate
14.) Conclusion: The Seviper from Petropolis is the same as the Seviper currently seen here, in Gigarte.
15.) Conclusion: The Wounded Seviper from Petropolis is in Captivity in Gigarte
16.) Justin and Nate imprisoned this Seviper.
17.) Far-reaching implication and conclusion: If Justin and Nate were criminals, and caught pokemon for their organization, then all pokemon here were unfairly captured.
18.) Conclusion: The Circus of imprisoned pokemon was run by Justin and Nate's parent organization: Team Dum-Dum
19.) Conclusion: Justin and Nate are douchebags.

Without so much as a change in his demeanor, Tag stepped back, hands raised almost defensively. All attempts at friendliness were immediately gone. His hand instinctively reached towards his pokeball belt. However, Justin had an insanely powerful pokemon, and several other ones to boot. Nate was also quite a skilled trainer. Tag would be severely outmatched facing the two. However, before he made his tactical retreat, he wanted more information before jumping to point 19 on his mental list.

One unfortunate thing about Tag: Tag was as good at lying as he was at telling jokes. While he had a good head for discretion, he had no bones in his body capable of telling a coherent and believable lie. Therefore, he had to have a new strategy. Perhaps interrogation.

"Hey, isn't this the same Seviper you 'captured' back outside Petropolis?" He thought for a moment. "And don't you two work for Team Decryption?" Then he leaned in close: "Do they run this circus?"

He eyed the two suspiciously, watching with dangerous eyes in an attempt to catch even the slightest hint of untruth in their response. His hand remained on his belt, his fingers resting lightly on the pokeballs for Suzu and Bachi, instinctively.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 25 2011, 10:49 PM
Post #8

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin and Nate stood awkwardly for a moment, trying to assess the situation in their tiny, teenage brains. Technically Nate wasn't a teenager, but he kinda was. "Uh," Nate began, quite articulately, "Yes," Unlike Tag and Justin, Nate was a fairly profound liar. Justin looked at his partner for a moment, an eyebrow raised, but then crossed his arms and looked back at Tag. He figured Nate knew what he was doing, something he would not have simply assumed a week earlier. He'd grown to trust Nate's judgment.

"Yes, Team Decryption has conquered the world of crime and with all this extra money they got, hell, why not open a circus? It's always been a dream of our leader, the Great Serpentarionus, to ride a Donphan, and so that's what we do now. We work at a circus. We're clowns."

It took a moment for Nate's sarcasm to hit Justin, but it wasn't aimed at Justin anyway. It was aimed at Tag, who was a bit more perceptive. "In other words," Justin added. "No. This is not our circus. As for the Seviper..."

"It definitely could be the same one," Nate continued. "How are we supposed to know? It makes sense, the logic you used to conclude that this was Team Decryption's circus. That Seviper seems to recognize us, and so yeah. But the truth is, they don't have us running around the world capturing pokemon so they can have cute little pets. It's so they can be sold. Apparently this one was sold to a circus."

Before Justin could consider how effective the lie was, Nate surprisingly continued. "I'm kinda sad that you're still so pissy at us, Tag. I mean, Justin's still a dick, but I thought we were passed the whole 'You kids are so dumb and evil and I hate you' thing."

All the while, Justin noticed that Tag's hand was sitting dangerously close to his pokeballs, and so Justin's moved to his as well: Hitmontop's specifically.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 27 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

PANE

After a few hours of practice, they were about time to get ready. It was time to move. Luckily, they had another set of equipment over at the stage. All they had to do was program the piano to the sounds they needed. To think, it was now that he caught up to the timeline of now, where Tag and Justin are talking.

There was a stage set up in front of the tent, which drew quite the crowd. Currently on stage, there was a sword dancer, giving an imitation sword fight with a Gallade with fancy moves. Though the fight was the end as soon, the crowd bowed and the man Seican met in the first place took the stage.

"Give it up for them, will ya?! Now, I know you are all eager to see our circus performers do their thing, but we still have three more shows to go! And remember to vote for your favorite, because a winner will be announced at the end of our show, and the winner will receive 50,000 Poke!" This got the crowd cheering as the new contestants began to get set up: the band, Seican taking the center-right of the stage. "Now then, let's have our next performers take the stage!"

When the announcer left, the piano began to play, getting the song set up to begin playing. As they did, one of the other grabbed the mic ad called out, "Hey everyone, how's it going?!" With a cheer from the crowd, a projector turned on, displaying behind them a fireplace on a beach. next to it was a cooking fish on a stick as the sun began to set in the background. "I am Jake, and we are the Grand Merging! Just sucks one of our members was sick, but luckily, we manage to get a replacement member. Meet Seican Serroc, the alleged sun of a band called the White Knights. Honestly, I never heard of them."

Seican, without a mic, looked at Jake and held out his arms, like saying, "What's that supposed to mean?!" This got a small laugh out of the crowd as he replied, "Hey, now, be cool. I am sure you are scared for your first showing. We all were at once." The coordinator pointed at him, as if saying he was completely ready. "Oh? You think you can go just fine? Prove it!" There, the piano rang its last note, leading into a moment of silence.

Grabbing the neck of the guitar, Seican opened up the song with a short solo, getting everyone into the rhythm, and throwing off the crowd from the soft feeling and into more of a rock/medal stance. As the screen turned around, it showed a female wanderer, petting a Doduo as it rested as she looked up at the flames. And not long after that, the drums kicked off in a random beat, the screen did a set of flashes to zoom into her eye, showing the reflection of the flames as the singer began to open up.

"Sparks from the fire rise up to the sky
Higher and higher, oh I want to fly
Out of the story this time I'll be free
Wake up for a moment from this dream of me."

The singing was an interesting mix to the rock style, as the man with the mic was singing in an opera-kind of voice. As he sang, the projection followed along with the words. Through the reflection of her eyes, she watched the embers rise up to the sky where the moon stood in the sky. The camera then panned around to the side of her face, showing a smile as the Doduo got up from its slumber.

"Just a legend, cold words on a page
Lift up my eyes and I'm soaring away
On silver wings spread out to the sun
I'm leaving this city for the skies above."

With the female in the group taking a background echo with the singing, the video showed a giant white bird with blue decals fly across the water, pass the sun and to the moon. Intrigued by the site, she got up and ran past the fire and into the shallow edge of the ocean, trying to get a better look at the Lugia that passed overhead.

"O'er the ruins and ancient light
Never lost, never failing
Follow me on my path to the heights
Before the shadows fade into night "

Full of excitement, she hurried for the Doduo to get up before hopping on, the bird going for a straight dash in the Lugia's direction, leaving her small campsite. She was managing to keep the Lugia within eye-sight as the sun began to set over the horizon, turning Dusk into night, only using the moon's glow to see the legendary being.

the Piano picked up to let the singer take a break, seeking the scene of the chase up as each guitar member took a moment for a solo. As they played, each one looked at the others as if they were competing for the best. even the pianist joined in before taking the finisher with everyone conjoined. And soon, with one final clash of the symbol, the song reverted back to the opening tune, as the screen soon showed the Lugia going to land. In a desperate measure, the wandering hurried her companion to catch up before standing in front of the legendary bird, being only a few feet from the Lugia's majestic stance.

"Running back, but I'm out of time
I could tell everything
Hear the words that fill my mind
How can I say "she was mine"?"

In a flash, she was heading back for her camp, a smile on her tired face as the nearly fell asleep. The camera panned to her hand, as a Silver Wing sat there as a momento to her encounter with the ruler of the Bird Trio.

As the piano once more came back to the opening beat, she was dropped back at the make-shift camp, the flame nearly dead, where he went and got ready to sleep, holding the momento in her hand. On the final ring, the flame vanished, and the screen turned to black.

With the cheer form the crowd, everyone waved them off, as the announcer took the stage. "What an amazing song! Now, next up, we got ourselves a magician!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime later backstage, Seican stood in the back, waiting for the announcer to make his return. When he showed up, he told him, "I thought you said i was going to be paid!" When talknig to the band afterwards, he was told that, even though he participated, he wouldn't get anything of the reward profit.

"Now, now. I told them I would give you something if you helped them out. Even if they lose, at least you get a consolation prize! Now, come with me." With a wicked grin on his face, he head Seican to a large basket full of Pokeballs. "I say the best kind of payment for a trainer like you would be a Pokemon, right? Just choose whichever one you want, and it is yours. However, we won't let you see what is inside. We enjoy the thought of a game in these situations. This means what you pick is what you get." In the back of his mind, he had a crazy grin. All of the Pokeballs on the top layers were Magikarp, and at least half of them were force-fed an Everstone diet. To him, he was going to take a top Pokeball and be stiuck with a terrible fish.

This did not happen as Seican dove his hand right through the top and dug his way inside. Reaching for the bottom, he pulled out a ball, and said, "This one!"

"A-Alright then," he said, a bit shaken, since the plan did not work the way he thought it would. "Now let me add your registration to this POkeball, and done! Off you go now, shoo!"

"Whoa, hold on," he said, taking the new Pokeball in hand. "I want to see what I got first." Tossing it in the air, a green cactus popped up, her body rattling as she moved. "What is this?!" Living in Johto, he never did see anything from Unova.

"Well, it seems you got a Maractus. They make the sound of a maraca to scare off predators." In the inside, he was beating himself up.

"SWEET! Maractus, eh? Maractus.. Maractus... ! I know, I'll call ya Mara! How about it." With a shy cheer form the cactus, he returned her back before adding the Pokeball back to his belt. "Later!"

And with that, he was back in public, guitar on his back, and three Pokeballs at his waist.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jun 27 2011, 02:43 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Just like Justin, it took a second for Tag to recognize the sarcasm. His brow furrowed with confusion as Nate rambled on. Once the part about the Great Serpentarionus appeared, Tag realized that Nate was simply being facetious.

With the sarcasm of Nate's initial response still stingingly fresh, Tag was unable to discern Nate's next few lines. He should've been looking for signs of untruth, but he found himself mostly annoyed that Nate had spoken to him in such a way. He missed any telltale signs of lying completely, and therefore had to assume that Nate was, in fact, telling the truth.

Then, Nate, like a true debate artists, proceeded to attack Tag in a very gentle, but still somewhat acerbic manner.

Tag's hand visibly relaxed from the pokebelt as he moved to cross his arms back over his chest.

"Can you blame me for being 'pissy'?" Tag tilted his head slightly to one side, meeting Nate's eyes with his own, slightly more intense gaze. "Every time you two appear, trouble follows shortly thereafter. I never know what to make of you two, that's all."

Tag still had his doubts concerning the legitimacy of the underground circus, and he looked sadly over to the Seviper. Even if the circus was not run by a criminal organization, it was still receiving aid from those. Therefore, there had to be something he could do. The last time he had mounted a full-frontal assault, he had the aid of two inexperienced trainers, and had wound up with a bullet wound. This time, he was by himself. In front of him were two...friendly-neutral-hostiles. He couldn't be sure if they'd help him out, and he couldn't be sure if they'd attempt to stop him. This meant, strategically, he was at a profound loss. He'd just have to snoop around some more.

"Well, I was supposed to meet Raven here." He shrugged, changing the topic away from that awkwardness. "If you see her, tell her I'm here at the circus. Take care."

With that, he turned and left them. He wasn't about to let himself be ridiculed by Nate some more, nor was he willing to sit there and talk awkwardly with the duo any longer. He still had his apprehensions, so while he was waiting for Raven, he'd do some investigation.

The Circus appeared, unfortunately, mostly legitimate. That stood to sense, despite the fact that Tag severely wanted a reason to burn the whole thing to the ground. Not finding any clues as to the illegal nature of the pokemon supplied to the operation, Tag found himself in a very sour mood. He didn't like being wrong.

As he passed through an area with many stalls, he looked between them to see a rather large, inconspicuous tent. The only reason it stood out, was because it's inconspicuous appearance was what set it apart from the rest of the gaudy, loud circus. Tag moved his way between two of the stalls, walking slowly towards it.

As he approached, a man burst out of the tent, tugging a Luxray on a leash. The fierce looking pokemon looked unwilling to go, and dug it's paws into the ground in protest. The man merely dragged it along, muttering profanities under his breath. Tag watched them go with a mixture of curiosity and sadness before they rounded a corner and disappeared from sight.

However, Tag was convinced he'd found something. Had it been perhaps a tame Luxray, it might not have protested in such a way, nor required a leash. He wondered if perhaps this non-descript tent was a holding pen?

With that, he glanced furtively around, then over his shoulder to see if anyone was following him, then proceeded to stroll into the tent, as if it were a perfectly normal thing to do. Within, he saw stacks of empty cages. This was nothing new. He had seen cages in Lenoilia, but with the suspicious men running the scene, he had been able to tell that it was black market. This...this was nothing out of the ordinary for a circus. The drab conditions tugged at his heartstrings a bit, but he knew that this was just how circuses were run. The circus was nothing more than a circus.

"Po?"

Tag's head snapped to one side, where he saw that one of the cages had not, in fact, been empty. In fact, there was a rather obvious looking Slowpoke laying right in the center of it, his big dopey face looking directly at Tag's own smaller, less dopey face.

"Po?"

It was love at first sight. Tag found himself stunned at the adorable, slow and almost vapid face. Slowly, he gathered up the strength to walk over and kneel down in front of the cage.

"Slow?"

"Hello." Tag nodded at the pokemon, who in turn, slowly, very slowly, turned his head to one side, giving Tag an even more confused and vacant look than before. The trainer reached over and picked up a clipboard from the top of the cage, reading over the writing there:

"Slowpoke. Poor performer. Does not draw crowd or attention. To Be Discarded"

Tag could not believe his eyes as he read over the words a few more times. He wasn't precisely sure what they meant by 'discarded', but he knew that the particular word should never be used in conjunction with Pokemon.

Looking around the room, he noted that there were no pokeballs. Perhaps, like in Lenoilia, they were kept in a brief case, but he remembered that the Seviper back out there had been caught without a pokeball either.

Plucking an empty pokeball from his backpack, he reached into the cage, expanding it in front of the pokemon. The Slowpoke eyed it, his expression unchanging. Without hesitation, the slowpoke reached out his front arm and tapped the ball on the button. Within an instant, the ball popped open, sucking in the Water Pokemon. The ball didn't wiggle even once before making its celebratory ping noise. Tag smiled, reducing the pokeball's size and clipping it to the sixth slot on his belt.

At the very least now, he'd have to go rescue the Seviper too, since now he knew it was possible.

Tag swiftly exited the tent, and found himself face to face with the man who had dragged off the Luxray earlier.

"Hey punk, what were you doing in that tent?"

Tag wasn't exactly sure how to deal with the situation, so he simply moved to brush past the man. However, the man reached out and placed a heavy hand on Tag's shoulder. "Hey, I asked you a-"

Completely not sure how to handle the situation, he pulled a move that was really more characteristic of Justin or Raven.

"Sucker Punch" Tag muttered, as if commanding himself, and simply spun around and socked the man in the face. The man went down, but Tag's hand stung like crazy! Why were his comrades so intent on punching everything all the time if it made their hands feel like that afterwards!?

A look of disdain crossed Tag's face as he looked down at the now unconscious man. In a rare moment, a smile crossed Tag's face: "It's super effective, bitch."

He hurried back onto the main path, to disappear into the crowd. Which was difficult, because Tag always stood out. At the very least, he felt really, really good about saving a pokemon and knocking out a jerk who handled pokemon poorly. However, upon return to the Move Tutor stall, where the Seviper had been caged, he noted that the Seviper was no longer there.

Sadly, he looked around, wondering where or why they'd already taken it away. As he turned to walk back towards the holding tent, he walked straight into a kid with long black hair and a guitar, knocking the two of them to the ground.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 29 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #11

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin and Nate stood as they watched Tag walk away, right around the time they heard the announcer at the main stage introduce Jake and the Grand Merging. "Oh yeah," Justin sighed. The sound of music tended to not make people sigh, but it just reminded Justin that he wasn't there to enjoy the band. "Aren't we supposed to be working?"

"Yep," Nate was grinning for some reason.

"What?"

"We're doing security backstage,"

"We're-" Justin began, but stopped himself from getting all giddy. "Cool."

So they made their way to the stage area, where the crowd was just beginning to get excited. The piano intro was building up and the band members looked like they were just about to get really into it. They pushed their way through the crowd and finally got to the backstage entrance on the side. There were three guys standing there, looking somewhat upset. "Y'all need to step away," one of them said.

"We're actually here for security," Nate said, pulling out his wallet. From it, he showed the man his ID Card, proving his membership of Team Deception, a card which Justin did not have. He had already been somewhat used to Nate being the leader of their unit. He still didn't agree with it.

"Alright cool," the same guy nodded. "Wait, is this- Where's your third?"

"Only two in this unit," Nate said.

"Oh," the man laughed. "So you're Unit 101?"

"Yeah," Justin rolled his eyes. "You guys about done here?"

"Yep," the man kept laughing. "We're gonna go laugh at your failures some more. If you wanna join us, you're more than welcome to."

"Hey, if you wanna have a pokemon battle, I'd be more than happy to-" Justin began.

"It's unfortunate that pokemon strength isn't the only thing that matters," the man said. "We've all heard about your overpowered Hitmontop. You still keep failing your missions, though."

"Okay, Greg, we're done," one of the other guys patted him on the shoulder. "See you kids later," And with that, the three left the area and allowed Justin and Nate to stand in front of the door leading backstage. A few people asked to go backstage, and Justin and Nate were extremely effective in saying "No." For the most part, they got to just listen to the music. From the side, they couldn't really see the show, but it didn't sound very produced anyway.

"You know, it's not that bad," Justin said.

"Really?" Nate asked. "Sounds like balls to me."

"The guitar's good," Justin shrugged.

When the show ended, Justin and Nate watched Seiccan come out of the door they were guarding and make his way out of the crowd. While Nate leaned lazily against the wall, Justin watched the guy long enough to see him bump into Tag, which elicited a little smile.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jul 3 2011, 02:33 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

PANE

As he looked about, fist checking out who was going on stage next, his stomach let out a bit of a grumble. "Food does sound like a plan. Now, where's the concession stand?" That was when someone walked into him, knocking him on his butt. If it was the stall runner, then he would of ran into a miracle, but nope. he was ran over by a man with tattoos crawling over his face like a tiki. But that was the least of his worries.

"Oh man!" Whenever Seican was not playing or messing with his guitar, he had it rolled over onto his back where the neck pointed downward, making it easy to roll over to a normal position. It was comfortable for him, but such falls like that endangered the neck, which was a danger to the entire guitar, which made Seican quickly roll it over and inspect any damage. With his fingers checking the neck for cracks, he eyed the strings for breaks before heading for the headstock for scratches. After a quick moment of inspection, he let off a sigh of relief. Damage avoided.

"What the hell, Tiki-man?" He yelled at Tag, getting back at his feet. "You nearly broke her, ya know! Do you know how long I have had this beauty, and how much I have placed in to keeping her in top shape?! You should be glad she is still in one piece, or you would be in so much trouble! Now then, Tiki-man, what do you have to say for yourself?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With a grumble, the announcer walked out the backstage door, muttering something about, "It is only a simple loss. I am sure we can get more," or something along those lines, before turning around to the two security crew members.

"You two! I am heading off to let off some steam. Make sure no one enters that isn't on the list. Clipboard is inside. Then, when you are done with your shift, make sure you inspect the grounds to make sure we don't lose any more merchandise! Got it?!" With steam coming out of his ears, he walked off in rage, muttering to himself some more.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 4 2011, 12:30 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tiki man?

This was, by far, the most disrespectful anyone had ever been to Tag. He'd faced all sorts of people, but none had resorted to name calling. Tag had been on the verge of apologizing, but he retracted all thoughts immediately as he got to his feet, dusting himself off. As Seiccan got up to yell at him, Tag didn't retreat in the least. In fact, it was quite the opposite. His feathers ruffled, Tag actually stepped forward, leaving his face dangerously close to Seiccan's.

"I could care less." Tag growled in response to Seiccan's inane questions. One of his more dangerous glares lighting up on his face. The kid had rambled on a little bit about his guitar, and while Tag could somewhat understand the importance that he placed on it, Seiccan was just pushing all of the wrong buttons.

Tag usually figured that a glower or two was enough to send most kids running. Seiccan proved rather different insofar as he was unaffected entirely. While the tattooed trainer wasn't exactly the most preachy of fellows, he really, really wanted to teach the guitarist a lesson. He'd been pretty grouchy, what with the disappearance of Raven, the inability to save a Seviper, and Nate getting the best of him in a contest of wits. Now was really not the time to get on his nerves about an accident. It was even moreso not the time to refer to him as "Tiki-Man", regardless of his image.

He wasn't quite sure where to go from now. Pride was clearly preventing him from backing down, now that Seiccan had essentially challenged his dignity both by knocking him over, and by calling him by a rather stupid nickname. He was loathe to punch anyone again, as it rather stung, but was not above duking it out with pokemon. With that in mind, his hand dropped down to his belt, a finger resting on the pokeball for Suzu.

"Back off, or I will end you." Tag's voice growled out from his chest, low and dangerous. Seiccan, in his brash, obnoxious manner, was really not doing anything to lighten Tag's already upset frame of mind.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jul 10 2011, 01:15 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

PANE

Catching the movement of his arm, and his hand placement, a grin came across Seican,'s face. "End me, eh?" he snickered, hopping back a couple times, gaining distance on him before rolling the guitar over to his front. As it rolled, the headpiece too a hold of one of the Pokeballs on his belt and launched into the air. "You don't get it, do you?!" Catching the mid-air Pokeball, he held it out in front with a stupid grin, not realizing how screwed he would be if he actually did battle with the tattooed man.

"I am Seican Serroc, the leading heir of the greatest band ever: the Royal Knights! All you can do is bow before my greatness! Now then, time to set up the rhythm, Drummer!" With a wild throw, the Pokeball was sent forward, releasing the Makuhita, staring at the newcomer. "Alright, Drummer! Time to get things right! You are going to knock him into the next century! You are going to slap the tattoos off his face. You will take center stage with your awe-inspiring beat and drum it into their heads!" With every sentence getting louder, a bigger vein popped up on the Makuhita's head before it held up a hand to Tag, as if asking for a moment with his trainer.

Turning around, Drummer walked forward to Seican's feet and stared at him through the squinty eyes. "What is it little buddy? Oh wait, I know. You want to fist pump!" Kneeling down, the trainer got his fist ready to connect with the Makuhita's as if trying to look cool. However, the Guts Pokemon just popped up and slammed an Arm Thrust into Seican's face, making him fall over.

"GYAH! WHAT THE HELL?!" Luckily, the guitar was rolled over, so he didn't complain about the guitar being damaged. Now he had to worry about his nose as the Makuhita walked up to his Pokeball and pushed the button, returning himself.

"Tsh, no matter," he said, trying to look cool by brushing it off. "He was just having a bad day is all." Happing back to his feet he grabbed another ball of his belt and held it out. "I want to try out this POkemon, anyways! Go, Mara!" And with another toss, a Maractus popped up, who gave a shy bow to Tag, shy blush included.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 10 2011, 01:36 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag had prepared to summon Suzu, and his choice was essentially confirmed when the fighting-type Makuhita appeared. The tattooed trainer stared at the plump little fighter, his eyes glossing over in a moment of cute-overload. He had forgotten just how cute he thought the little fattypoop was. However, his hardened glare returned the instant Seiccan began speaking again. Throughout his speech, Tag interjected with a few lines of his own, that got glossed over entirely in the process of the rant.

"I am Seican Serroc, the leading her of the greatest band ever: The Royal Knights!"

"Don't care."

"All you can do now is bow before my greatness!"

"No Thanks."

The kid continued on for quite a bit. Tag found himself slowly tilting his head, listening and listening, simply because this Seican didn't know when to shut the hell up. He could barely suppress his own laughter as the kid's pokemon essentially face-palmed him to the floor. Served him right. At least his pokemon had some semblence of sensibility. Tag gave the Makuhita a little salute before it disappeared into his pokeball.

The next thing he knew, however, was that a bizarre new pokemon was on the field, the likes of which Tag had not seen. This had to have been one of the Unova pokemon that had been getting around Furoh now. Unova Pokemon had rarely been seen outside of their native region, but here they were, and it would take Tag some time in getting accustomed to them.

In lieu of flipping out his pokedex, he simply reached down and plucked out a pokeball of his own. Tag had originally planned on summoning Suzu, but it seemed almost unfair to send his most experienced pokemon up against one that was evidently untested.

He had a pokemon of his own that was untested, since it had just been acquired. It seemed the most reasonable choice. It was one that would at least give this kid a fighting chance. After all, Seican was all about the guitar, and a band that Tag had never heard of. There was no way he applied the same enthusiasm to pokemon battles.

"Tonbo." Tag blinked. The name had just rolled off of his tongue, and the next thing he knew, Slowpoke had appeared on the field, looking back over his shoudler at his new trainer. On the Slow Pokemon's vapid eyes, there flashed a hint of confusion. "It's your new name, for your new life. Hope you like it." The creature nodded slowly before turning to face his opponent, standing himself up from his otherwise prostrate position on the floor.

Tag looked defiantly over at Seican, his deep, calm glare meeting Seiccan's wilder, more passionate one.

"First move is yours, idiot." Tag growled, ready for the battle to begin in earnest.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jul 10 2011, 01:52 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

PANE

"You are going to regret that, bub! You see, me and Mara are going to cream you and that air head! Now watch as Mara pulls off a miraculous opener! Mara, use..." Although he psyched himself up in the entrance, and over exaggerating the opening, he paused suddenly for a couple seconds because asking the Cactus Pokemon, "What moves do you know?" in the quietest tone he had said (which is still normal speaking tone), causing the Maractus to nearly fall over, tilted over as her arms tried to balance out herself.

Straightening back up, the Maractus turned about and started complaining with a random wall of full and partial names, as if humans could understand her. With her body shaking nervously, she let off the maraca rtattle, and Seican scratching the back of his head. "Whoa, whoa! Calm down, Mara. I never seen your species, and I don't got any information besides your name. I am sure to do my research later." As if later was going to help now. "Why not roll with the punches, and I go from there, alright?" With a soft sigh, the Cactus Pokemon sighed in acceptance before turning about, giving an apologetic bow.

Since she had to show her new master what she was capable of, she took in mind to do things on her own. Lifting her arms up, she pointed at the Slowpoke. With the barbs glowing brightly, needles began flying in the the water type's direction, as the sound of the maracas was added along with the Pin Missile.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 10 2011, 02:03 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

The trainer didn't know what moves his pokemon had. Feeling almost sorry for the kid, Tag felt like pointing and laughing at the headstrong idiot. Then he realized, he didn't know his new pokemon's moves either. Dodging didn't seem like a good command to issue such a slow moving pokemon, so Tag decided to go with a move that most water pokemon had at their disposal:

"Tonbo, Water Gun!"

Unbeknownst to Tag, two of the abilities Maractus could potentially posess were Water Absorb, which would heal it, and Storm Drain. Either way, neither attack would actually inflict any damage whatsoever on the rattling grass pokemon. Even still, Tag's new friend fired off a surprisingly powerful water gun attack, dispelling a majority of the incoming pins. One or two go through to Tonbo, but he made no indication whatsoever that he had been hurt by them. Tag watched to see just how powerful the impact of the water gun attack would be, and mentally attempted to recall other moves he'd seen the species perform.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jul 10 2011, 09:44 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

PANE

The water struck the Maractus, but she only let off a small giggle as she danced in the water, her body growing slightly from the moisture. However, the more interesting part was not because it was doing nothing, but it seemed more like the water was being drawn to her. "Hey' I've seen this ability before. Storm Drain! Yeah, I remember watching this one show about how some abilities were somehow improved. Something about evolution and other boring crap." It was a miracle that he even paid log enough attention to know this! "Anyways, it seems like Mara here has Storm Drain!" Pointing at him, he grinned wildly once more as he yelled once again, "There is nothing you can do about it! There is no need to dodge water attacks because she will bring them all to her and just make her stronger!"

And speaking of stronger, her body began to glow green, growing bigger once more. it was Growth, and she was getting herself pumped up, and Seican thought this would be the best time to catch her rhythm now. Taking the neck with his left hand and his right at the body, he began to play along with the movements of the Maractus, going through chords as her body rattled with her movements.

With the green energy faded, and her stats nicely boosted, she held her hands out once more, launching a red beam at the Slowpoke, using Absorb this time to sap away at the enemy's energy.

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Jul 10 2011, 09:44 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 11 2011, 01:02 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Perhaps summoning this brand-new pokemon to the field had been a poor decision. Tag hadn't exactly given himself time to figure out just what Tonbo's capabilities and parameters were. Somehow this idiot kid's pokemon was giving Tag's the run-around...and to add insult to injury, the kid didn't even know what his pokemon's moves were either. He was just letting the Maractus do as she pleased.

Tag was not nearly so inclined to follow the same tactic. Resignedly, he flipped out his trusty pokedex, and scanned his own pokemon. Not the enemy pokemon, because he somehow felt that it was cheating to do so. He did a quick scan of the moves as Maractus' red beam impacted with Slowpoke, sapping a nominal amount of health away. Yet despite clearly taking damage, Tonbo merely seemed to shrug it off, looking over his shoulder at Tag, his tail wagging ever so slightly, like a very slow puppy's.

Tag's eyes tore through the list of techniques available to Tonbo, and smiled as he came upon one he both liked and was familiar with.

"Disable." The eyes of the aptly named "Dopey" Pokemon glowed a bright red in response, effectively shutting off Mara's access to the move. It appeared, for the time, as if she'd completely forgotten it. "Zen Headbutt." Summoning up his motor skills, Tonbo moved into a crouch before throwing himself forward. The topmost point of his head glowed with brimming psychic energy as he flew through the air, which would burst forth upon impact in a surprisingly powerful and surprisingly quick move from the very slow pokemon.

Now the battle was turning back in his favour, and perhaps after a powerful hit from the Zen Headbutt, Seiccan's annoying pokemon would hopefully crumble.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jul 11 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #20

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

"Yo, Justin," Nate interrupted the silence which Justin had created for himself. The area was far from silent, but in his own world, leaning up against the wall, arms crossed, eyes fixed on a meaningless spot on the floor, it might as well have been. At least, of course, until Nate decided something was worth their attention.

"What's up?"

"There's a pokemon battle up there," Justin looked up to see Tag and Seiccan in the middle of what looked like a fairly heated battle. "Pretty sure that's Tag'," Nate continued. "Right? I can't really see from back here, but that's Tag, right?"

"Yeah," Justin nodded, standing up straight now, arms still crossed. "And Seiccan,"

"Who?"

"Seiccan, the kid who played guitar a few minutes ago,"

"Oh, in that shitty band?"

"Yeah in the-" Justin began. "Shut up."

"Well, are we gonna do something about it?" Nate asked. "We're security right? And there's a fight going on right in front of us."

"It's not a real fight, Nate, it's a pokemon battle."

"Right, it doesn't count as a real fight because it's being done with monsters who can use magic and move the earth and shoot fire," Nate sarcasmed with full knowledge that sarcasm was not a verb. Was being the key word. It is now. "Go do something about it."

"Why don't you?" Justin asked. "Tag seems to respect you for some reason,"

"Nah," Nate shook his head. "It's gotta be you. I'm staying back here to keep protecting backstage. Get out there, Smart."

"You're not my boss."

"Just go, dude,"

"Fine."

He pushed his way through the crowd to get to Seiccan and Tag. He didn't even know what his plan was to stop them from fighting. What was he gonna say? "Hey you guys stop fighting this is a family circus respect my authority!!" No, probably not. He sighed as he approached, but as he did so, he was approached by another man.

"Yo." the man, whose face was notably beaten, said, putting his hand on Justin's right shoulder.

"Yo?" Justin quickly pushed the man's arm away. "Do I know you?"

"That guy right there," he pointed to Tag. "He stole that Slowpoke."

"He stole a Slowpoke?" Justin raised an eyebrow. Tag wasn't a thief. "Whose Slowpoke was it?"

"Well, we was gonna discard it," the guy said. "But still, we can't just allow people to do whatevers the fuck they want. It's all about respect, you know what I mean?"

"Discard it?" Justin asked. "Meaning?"

"We was gonna release it back into the wild,"

"Well then who gives a shit?" Justin asked.

"I fuckin' do!" the guy yelled. "That asshole punched me in the face!"

Justin chuckled. "I wasn't gonna say anything. But what's your plan? You're gonna fight him? A pokemon battle? Look at him, bro. He knows how to fight and that Slowpoke looks a little stronger than you gave it credit for. So why don't you run your plan by me and we'll go from there?"

"We fight him, a pokemon battle," the man said. "My pokemon are strong. I can take him. If I wait for him to finish up with this kid, it'll be easy. You don't even have to help."

Justin sighed. "I probably wasn't gonna anyway,"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:19 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.