Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Sailors and a Golden Magikarp., Sign up for it in the discussion topic, and no spam.
Captain Combuske...
post Dec 6 2009, 06:51 AM
Post #1

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 944

Zack Aiza's Team

Chapter four: Sailors and a Golden Magikarp

Alex Slasher was having a boring day. He'd just left Daigake, a quite quiet town on the north-east coast of Furoh, and was now walking along the Northern road, towards another small town coming up, named Jillius. He wasn't going to spend long there, but thought it was worth the small visit, there was a famous Trainer who lived there, and Alex wanted a battle.

He sighed. He'd just said goodbye to Tom hawk, who he'd started to make very good friends with. Tom had been called back to home urgently by his mother. It was a shame, they were just about to go to Barley and from there to Fidona, where they were going to get their first gym badge. But Alex really wanted to be in Barley quickly, so he decided that the two would try to meet up sometime soon.

Alex ate his lunch, and then got back up again. Today was going to be quite a boring day if he got into Jillius quite late. But at least he had a small battle to look forward to.
---

A few miles away, in Barley, Ellis Mackrell, a young Sailor, was training his pokemon. He was battling water Pokemon in the sea, surfing on Golde, his Shiny Magikarp. He was having quite a nice time doing so.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a pure black ball was thrown, and hit Golde. Before Ellis could react, the ball was in a dark trainer's hand, and then the man in black was gone.

All Ellis could do was tread-water in shock.

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Dec 6 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 890

Uprising Pokemon

The wind rustled along the road as Tyson was walking eastward to a crossroad, not knowing he would soon meet a trainer in this new world he was in. He held the map closely to his face, almost breathing in the ink seeing he had it so close to his nose.
"Ah man," Tyson muttered under his breath in disappointment, "I can't believe I'm lost." Tyson looked around and saw more road. "Maybe there's a town nearby...or another wandering trainer..." A Poke Ball busted open, revealing a brilliant light taking form. After a few seconds, Cyndaquil shook his head and yawned. Tyson smiled widely at his navy blue Pokemon. He rubbed Cyndaquil's head and picked him up. "Wanna get on my shoulder, buddy?"
"Cyndaquil!" the Pokemon responded. Cyndaquil then jumped onto Tyson's shoulder and got in a good sitting position so he could stay on.
"I guess so," Tyson stated with humor in his voice. He then began walking again, looking for someone with directions.

After thirty minutes of walking...

"Ah man," Tyson began to complain, "half an hour of walking, and nobody's around? This sucks..." The young trainer's feet began to hurt, causing him to sit down on a tree stump on the side of the main road. He took off his left shoe, letting it fall lazily to the ground. He then began to rub his feet, starting from his toes and working down to the heel. Soon, it was feeling a lot better. "How did I get in this situation, anyway?" Tyson thought about this to himself, finally realizing how.
Flashback to two weeks ago...

"Hey Dad," Tyson shouted to his father, before he headed back to his gym.
"What is it, Tyson?" his father responded.
"Well," Tyson began to become shy, but soon got over it, "where can I go to become a great Pokemon Trainer like you?"
"Oh, that's easy," his father responded, "You need to go to..."
Present Day

"Well, it's all my fault that I did this," Tyson said to himself, "but at least there's a town north of here. Maybe I'll run into someone..."

This post has been edited by Protoman: Dec 6 2009, 12:45 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

rt117
post Dec 6 2009, 02:28 PM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 812

PANE Team

Tikal Faylen was taking a break just outside Barley. Her Nidoran and Totodile were next to her, enjoying a few Poffins she had prepared before the trip. Totodile however was out causing havoc as usual, never really able to sit still.
Tikal laid back on the grass and stared at the bits of sky showing from the tree canopy, lost in thought.
"Perhaps...some day, I'll get to see him again." she thought, closing her eyes. She couldn't wait to see her father again, having been gone for so long, and with her finally being able to get out into the world and explore, she thought that this would be easier. Or so she hoped.
A sudden cry caused her to sit up and look around, but it was only her Totodile, who was returning from his exploration.
"We should get moving...everyone, return!"
In a flash the trio disappeared into their respective Pokeballs, and Tikal continued on her journey towards town. She saw a bit of movement not too far away, a person. She ran towards the stranger, Alex, happy to finally see another person after her long travels.

--------------------

Click above to go to the Party!
PANE RP Character profile: Tikal Faylen: @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 18
Uprising RP Character profile: Sera Taisa: @ lv. 20 : @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 18
PANE Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Tikal Faylen - Furoh Wiki
Uprising Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Sera Taisa - Uprising Wiki
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Dec 6 2009, 04:16 PM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

Tyson put his left shoe back on his now well rested foot. He got up and adjusted his hat on his head so it would fit snugly while he ran.
"Well, let's roll, Cyndaquil!" Tyson yelled as he ran northward, seeing not one, but two people ahead of him. "Oh boy," he began, "travelers!" Tyson ran at full speed, trying to catch up with both the female and the male travelers. He rushed right by the girl, almost stumbling over a large rock right in front of him. He began to chuckle, but then tripped over a fallen tree branch. He landed on his face, sending Cyndaquil rolling towards the boy. Cyndaquil sat up, a medium sized bump on the top of his head.
"Cynda..."the fallen Pokemon said before rubbing his head. He looked up and saw the traveling young trainer. "Cyndaquil! Cynda, Cynda!"

Meanwhile, Tyson was still laying on the ground, hoping not to attract attention by moving. Maybe if I just lay here, he thought, I won't attract any attention. Right after he thought that, a large gust blew by, causing him to shiver. Oh come on!!! he screamed in his head, This is just not my day!

This post has been edited by Protoman: Dec 7 2009, 08:25 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Dec 7 2009, 12:24 PM
Post #5

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

Alex' first reaction was puzzlement. Then shock. Then he laughed. He laughed really loudly, so much that soon he was also on the floor, thumping the ground with the palm of his hand, unable to control himself. He didn't care at all what the others must have thought of him, only that this was hilarious. Perhaps it was the lack of any real emotion he'd had recently, or how tired he was, but right at that moment all Alex' thought and emotion were rested on hilarity.

After a while, Alex felt a wave of calmness descend upon him, and he breathed out and in a few times. Then, he lifted himself from the ground with a strong push, and brushed his clothes from the dust they had on them. It was then that Alex realized what a mess he looked like. He'd been wearing the same pair of clothes for a while now, and they were all tattered and torn.
I need some new stuff. he thought to himself.

Once he'd thought about clothes for a few seconds, he helped the poor guy who'd fallen over.
"Well," Alex began, with a chuckle, "this isn't exactly how I tend to meet people, but I'm Alex, Alex Slasher, pleased to meet you."

This post has been edited by Golden Lucario: Dec 7 2009, 12:25 PM

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Dec 7 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

Tyson looked at Alex, with at first a puzzled expression, but then became worry free and had a big smile on his face. "Pleased to meet you!" he exclaimed before shaking Alex's hand. "Sorry about the whole falling over thing. My name is Tyson, and I'm from Johto." He dusted himself off a little bit and picked up his fallen Cyndaquil. "Oh, and this is my best buddy in the world, Cyndaquil!"
"Cynda!" the energetic Pokemon exclaimed, causing Tyson to chuckle slightly.
"So," Tyson began before readjusting his hat, "where are you headed?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Dec 7 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #7

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

"Well eventually, Barley, then to Fidona, where I'll have a gym battle! Well, at least, I hope so." said Alex, a glint in his eye as he mentioned the gym battle.

Alex looked at Tyson. He must have been in his mid-teens, which would be a little older than Alex, but somehow he had a slightly more mature likeness to him. He seemed quite a clam, clever guy, and Alex thought that that was quite a nice quality in a person.

Alex suddenly had an idea. He needed practice. Good practice in battle. This Tyson guy seemed like a good training companion.
"Erm, I know this will seem weird to you, but do you want a battle?"

Alex sent out his new Pokemon, Treecky.
"Ready?" he asked, looking at Tyson with a sly look.
---

Stuff (click to show)

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Dec 7 2009, 02:16 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

A smile grew onto Tyson's face and he looked at Cyndaquil.
"You up for a battle, buddy?" He asked his partner, getting a nod in compliance. "Alright, let's go!" Cyndaquil got down on the ground and then smiled and danced around for a few seconds. "Alright, we'll start simple. Smokescreen and then Tackle, Cyndaquil!" Out of the mouth of the small Pokemon, a large cloud of smoke went towards the face of Treeky, soon following the previous move with a full body rush towards the unsuspecting Treeko.

--------------------
+Quote Post

rt117
post Dec 7 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #9

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

ooc: bleh, i've been left behind (damn school) XD

Tikal followed smoke coming from deeper in the woods, and eventually came across a clearing, seeing a Treeko and Cyndaquil battle. Her Totodile began to twitch in excitement, and noticing this, she placed him back inside her Pokeball, knowing he had a habit of interrupting things.
She decided to watch the outcome first, having never really seen that many battles, and she thought it could be good experience for her to at least see their strategies.

--------------------

PANE RP Character profile: Tikal Faylen: @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 18
+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Dec 8 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #10

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

Alex was really shocked by the sudden move. All he could do was widen his eyes in shock, and just stare for a few seconds.

However, Alex quickly responded to the attack, as did Treecky, who quickly shook his head and looked at the Cyndaquil.
"Treecko, use Pound!" shouted Alex.
The Gecko Pokemon seemed to be still annoyed at this annoying Cyndaquil pest who had dared to Tackle him, so stood on the battlefield, sulking.
"TREECKY! FIGHT! USE POUND!" shouted Alex, angry now.
But Treecky still wouldn't budge.

"Come back, then!" exclaimed Alex.
"Swamps, your turn!" he shouted. Out came Swamps, looking happy, and ready to battle once more.
---
reference (click to show)

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Dec 8 2009, 08:03 PM
Post #11

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

"Huh?" Tyson said in astonishment, "A Mudkip? That's new!" Tyson pulled out his Pokedex and pointed it towards the Pokemon. After viewing the information he looked back at Alex and his Mudkip. "Swamps, huh?" Tyson responded, adjusting his hat to make himself concentrate. "Nice nickname. I don't have one for Cyndaquil yet..." Out of nowhere, Cyndaquil's back bursted into flames, causing Tyson to go into a state of astonishment. "Cyndaquil?" Soon afterwards, several small flames shot out of his mouth towards Swamps. "Sweet!" Tyson exclaimed as he saw Cyndaquil's development, "I'm gonna call you Blaze!"

--------------------
+Quote Post

rt117
post Dec 8 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

As Tikal watched the two fight (who hadn't noticed her there yet), a Kakuna suddenly dropped down in front of her face, causing her to fall back in alarm. Instinctively, she released her Nidoran Male, who's ears were perked in alarm from the battle not far off. "Nidoran, use Peck on the Kakuna!"
Nidoran tore his attention from the other trainers' Pokemon, and instead focused on the bug Pokemon who was dangling in the air, a slight sheen to its shell. Tikal recognized this as Harden, meaning that it'd take less damage. But with a super effective move, odds were it wouldn't make much difference.
Suddenly hurling himself into the air, Tikal's Nidoran slammed its horn into the Kakuna's shell, causing it to swing back and forth violently on its string. Nidoran tumbled to the ground by Tyson, but recovered quickly and immediately scurried back to the fight.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Protoman
post Dec 8 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #13

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

"Hm?" Tyson said distracted slightly by the Nidoran he saw. "Was that a...nah, couldn't have been." Tyson then looked back at the battle before him, ready to give it his all if need be. Blaze's back was still covered in flames that he expelled. Out of the Poke Ball, bursted Hydro, Tyson's very own Squirtle. Hydro saw the Nidoran scurrying back up the tree and used Water Gun to knock it off. Tyson saw this and was infuriated.
"Squirtle, Squirt, Squirt." Hydro said arrogantly.
"Hydro!" Tyson bellowed at the Squirtle, causing him to jump.

This post has been edited by Protoman: Dec 8 2009, 10:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

rt117
post Dec 9 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

ooc: since when do Nidoran scurry up trees? lol

Tikal's Nidoran had been planning another peck, but when the Kakuna was sent flying away, he hit the tree instead. Tumbling down the base of the tree he let out a huff of annoyance, and turned to see cause of this: the Squirtle.
"No fighting yet." Tikal warned her Pokemon. She didn't want the scuffle to cause the other trainer to get distracted from the fight, so stepping in front of her Nidoran, she gave him a Poffin. He happily took the Poffin, before running off to go find the Kakuna.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Protoman
post Dec 14 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #15

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

ooc: Lol. Had to think of something.

Tyson looked at Hydro and shook his head. The rebellious Squirtle had done a lot to harm others instead of helping. He thought that taking him from his dad wasn't a good idea anymore.
"Squirtle squirt?" Hydro responded in dismay.
"You know what you did!" Tyson told the mischievous Pokemon sternly. He then turned his attention back to his competitor, Alex. "Sorry," Tyson began, grinning widely, "I feel like a full time mom with these two." Tyson soon wiped the smirk off of his face and got back into his serious nature, "Shall we continue?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Dec 14 2009, 01:02 PM
Post #16

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

"Oh, hi there!" Alex said, gesturing to the girl who's Nidoran had scurried up the tree. "What's your name then?" he asked. Alex felt quite older than he was. He knew that it was weird, but he felt older than sixteen, and by default older than these two looked. Maybe it was all the things he'd experienced, especially that night in the tree house... Alex stopped thinking about age rapidly.

"Ok... on with the battle!" he exclaimed. And with that, the battle began once more.
"Swamps, use Water gun!" said Alex. Swamps let out a powerful jet of water which pounded into the Cyndaquil's side. The fire monster looked quite hurt by the move, and was about to retaliate from it, when suddenly, something hit it. Alex looked up, and swore. There was a flock of Wingulls, and one of them didn't like the Cyndaquil. within a few seconds, they were dropping down, pecking away at Alex.
"RUN! GET COVER!" Shouted Alex. He took his book out of his backpack and ran, making sure Swamps was with him. As he ran, he looked into the book, flipping through pages desperately until finally, he found it.

"Ah-ha! Wingull!" he exclaimed. He read the "Safety tips" entry: Wingull do not like fire Pokemon, they cannot stand them. please watch out while near them.
Alex groaned. Quite loudly. Then he took off his back pack, taking out his remaining three Pokeballs, and putting his handbook away.
"Go Stryk, Blaze and Treecky!" he shouted.

Out came his Pokemon. Blaze and Stryk, happy to fight like always, Blaze in front of Alex, protecting him, and Treecky sulking, again.

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Dec 14 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

"Blaze!" Tyson called out to his Cyndaquil. He darted towards it, in hopes of protecting the young injured Pokemon from anymore damage. Hydro saw this and rushed forward as well. He put his arms up in hopes of stopping the swarm of Wingull from harming his master.

"Squirtle squirt!" Hydro yelled out, before giving a mean look towards the attacking Pokemon. This caused Tyson to look at his Squirtle in utter confusion. Hydro ducked his head down into his shell, making Tyson ponder even more. One of the Wingull saw this and dive-bombed towards them.

"NO!!!!" Tyson called out, but all before Hydro's head came bursting out of his shell, knocking the approaching Wingull into three others. The attacking Wingull was knocked out from this hit to its head.

"Cawwwww......." The rather dazed Pokemon said before staying on the ground. Blaze looked up at Tyson and whimpered slightly.

"It's gonna be okay, buddy." Tyson told the tired Pokemon. Man... Tyson thought to himself, looking back at Alex, that one Water Gun took a lot out of Blaze...That's one tough Mudkip. Snapping back to reality, he redirected his attention to Hydro, who was in his battle ready position. "Can you keep that up, Hydro?" Tyson asked, hoping for a yes.

"Squirtle Squirt!" Hydro responded.

This post has been edited by Protoman: Dec 14 2009, 04:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

rt117
post Dec 14 2009, 04:36 PM
Post #18

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

"Tikal." Tikal replied in response to Alex's question on her name. She leaned against the tree now, watching the two with more curiousity. "I take it this is your first time battling?" she continued. Her Nidoran returned happily, after headbutting the knocked out Kakuna, seeming rather pleased with himself. Tikal laughed and patted her friend, careful of the barbs. Even having had Nidoran for awhile, she had managed to prick herself a few times, and had to go to the Pokemon Center just to get better.

When the flock of Wingulls came, Nidoran was quick to move in front of her, crouched down with his barb exposed, threatening a face full of poison barb to the first Pokemon who would come near.
One did just that, and Nidoran's eyes glowed evily, meeting the gaze of the Seagull Pokemon's eyes. While in the trance, he rushed towards the would-be attacker, using Peck to knock the attacker back before moving back into position, focusing all his conscious mind on the Wingull (Focus Energy).
The dazed Wingull snapped to reality and cawed angrily, spaying water at Nidroan with Water Gun. Nidoran held his ground, trying to take the full attack, before charging back and using a more coordinated Peck, knocking the Wingull back into a tree, and knocking it out for the time being.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Protoman
post Dec 14 2009, 07:11 PM
Post #19

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

Tyson saw how the male Nidoran was fighting against the Wingull's as well as they were. He looked at Hydro, who had used Tackle to send another one into a tree, making it collide with the Wingull Nidoran knocked into the same one. Tyson flashed a smile at Hydro and stopped covering Blaze the Cyndaquil. Blaze had a look of determination on his face, as if he had something to prove.

"Nice shot!" Tyson said to Hydro, "let's help out the cute chick! I mean the girl with the Nidoran!" Hydro and Blaze chuckled a little before getting into their battle ready position and staring down their opponent. A Wingull caught a glimpse of Blaze the Cyndaquil and dived straight for him. "Now!" Tyson bellowed, "use Smokescreen!" As soon as Blaze opened his mouth, a large cloud of smoke poured out and distracted the whole group of Wingull. "Skull Bash, Hydro!" Out of the smoke came a Wingull with Hydro's head directly under its stomach. The Squirtle flashed a peace sign, showing a big grin as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post

rt117
post Dec 14 2009, 07:17 PM
Post #20

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

ooc: smooth XD

Tikal looked away, blushing slightly at the words 'cute chick' before suddenly grinning. Most of the Wingulls had begun a retreat after seeing part of its flock knocked out. She decided to give Nidoran some help, as she tossed one of her Pokeballs in the air, Totodile flashing out. Totodile gave a condifent Toto! before hopping around a bit.
"Nidoran, use Peck! and Totodile, use Leer!"
Using a similar strategy as before, Totodile kept the Wingull's attention with Leer, while Nidoran rushed forwards and toppled the Pokemon.

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:00 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.