Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Closed TopicStart new topic
The GPX+ FAQ!, Look here for your most commonly asked questions!
Big Papi
post Sep 29 2011, 12:45 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 134 427

Active Squad

So, I've noticed lately a lot of people have asking the same questions. I figured, to lessen the load and time of the people answering, to make a general GPX+ FAQ. If there is a question up here you think needs listing, please PM me it and I'll add it happy.gif

I KNOW that there is the help page, but a lot of the q's here are for newer features not in the help page, plus a lot of users just don't read the help page >.>

Q: I can only have five slots in my party! Help!
A: You are on an exploration. Explorations limit you to FIVE party slots so that pokemon you can encounter on the exploration can be added to your party if need be. The explorations tab in the poketch can be accessed by clicking the old sea map ().

Q: I've hatched/bred a ton of eggs but I have no shinies! Help!
A: The shiny rate is unknown to normal users. It is random when or if you will get a shiny. Work hard, hatch lots of eggs, and you will get one eventually happy.gif

Q: I can't submit my trinket because it's not in PNG format but it is! Help!
A: Make sure the trinket is SAVED as a .png, not named as a .png. Just naming it .png will do nothing.

Q: I can't submit my Pokemon to the Poke Hunt! Help!
A: The pokemon must have been obtained AFTER the hunt began, on Monday night's reset (11:55 PM EST) of that week. The pokemon also must be submitted with 24 hours of hatching it.

Q: My Frillish is pink but not shiny! Help!
A: There is a difference between male and female Frillish. It will specifically tell you in the popup if the egg is shiny or not. (Ex. Your egg hatched into Sh. Bulbasaur!)

Q: Something is glitching with code/images etc.! Help!
A: You must be using Internet Explorer 8. Update to version 9 or consider trying a new browser (FireFox, Opera, Chrome).

Hope this helped!

This is also part of a WIP GPX general quide by Giraffe A Laugh. Use CTRL + F to find what you're looking for.

POKEMON RELATED QUESTIONS

Breeding:
Breeding pokemon on GPX is much different from the games. Unlike the games, “baby” pokemon, such as pichu and cleffa can breed with others. The same also goes with genders. Unlike the games, if you have a male Munchlax breeding with a female Mudkip, you will get offspring of both pokemon. Instead of only getting offspring from the female pokemon in-game.
There are also different messages that allow you to know if your pokemon will breed or not. Messages such as “These pokemon are not interested in each other in the slightest” means that the pokemon will not produce any eggs, no matter how long the couple is in the daycare. This could be because they’re related in some way, or aren’t in the same egg group. Or it’s simply just because they don’t like each other.
Any other message given aside from the one above will produce eggs, although it may take some time before it happens.

Adopting/Abandoning:
Adopting pokemon is rather simple. You simply go to the shelter/lab tab and pick up pokemon eggs through there. If you’re looking into adopting an already hatched pokemon, You can click on the Safari Zone, which is located on the right corner of the screen when clicking the Shelter tab.

Dress up:
You can dress up your pokemon by clicking on the “options” menu when viewing your Poketch page, and also by clicking on the pokemon where it will bring you to its’ individual page.
Dress up items can be bought in the shop, after buying the fashion case. It can be bought for 475 points. Afterwards you will be capable of buying accessories from the accessories tab on the shop page.

Clicking/hatching:
Clicking on GPX+ is rather easy once you get the hang of it. By going to the online list, you open a bunch of tabs and well… just click! After clicking a bunch of users, they will, in most cases return the favour which will reward you in experience points for said pokemon you are trying to hatch.
Hatching eggs is just as easy. Once an egg is ready to hatch, you can go to your poketch page or the eggs’ page and click the “options” drop down, and from there click on “hatch the egg”

Evolving:
Before evolving a pokemon, it is important for you to check your pokedex. You can do so by clicking on your “dex” tab and scrolling down to what ever pokemon it is you want to evolve. Afterwards, you can hover over the pokemons sprite and it will tell you at what level the pokemon needs to be at, does it need an item to evolve, or does weather play a role in the pokemons’ evolution.

Shiny pokemon:
Shiny pokemon are pretty special, and to keep them special, they’re very hard to find. Luckily for us GPX+’s ratio to finding a shiny pokemon is much much lower than ingame. A shiny pokemon is determined by when the egg is created, NOT when said egg is hatched.
The only way to get a shiny pokemon is to hatch them yourself, or to adopt an already hatched one from the safari, on rare occasions. Alternatively; you may also use a shine voucher on a pokemon to make it shiny, although these are hard to come by and are usually prizes for first/second place contestants in various contests around the site.

Pokerus:
Pokerus is obtained by interacting with infected pokemon, adopting hatched pokemon from the safari and from withdrawing a pokemon returning from the underground to your party. Just like within the games it is hard to come by, and helps the levelling of pokemon significantly.
The infected pokemon will remain in your party for three days, from the moment of infection. You will not be able to release the pokemon, or move it at all. You can, however cure the pokemon of pokerus by buying an antidote from the main shop/backroom. Once the pokemon has been cured, it can be moved from your party like any other pokemon, and will never be infected again.

Novelty/legendary pokemon:
Like many other adoptable sites out there GPX+ has a nice collection of “novelty” pokemon. These pokemon are much different from the games, to the point where none can be found in them. The movies on the other hand, can. Taking the charmander clone as an example, which can be found in the first pokemon movie along with a squirtle clone and bulbasaur clone. But the Zergoose is in neither movie nor game, making it a unique pokemon to the GPX+ site.

Legendary pokemon are just as hard or even harder to come by. You can only get legendary pokemon by using summoning items or adopting them from the shelter/safari/lab on rare occasions.
When using a summoning item, please keep in mind that it can ONLY be adopted in the lab, and no other place. From the moment you use that summoning item, you have exactly 5 minutes to find the egg. You can however, use a repel to find the egg if you’ve never obtained it before, or use the pass power titled “Summon Power” to give you an extra 5 (thus making it 10) minutes to find the egg you have summoned. You have to use the Summon Power BEFORE you use the summon for the bonus, not after. Once that time limit is up, the egg is up for grabs for any other person stalking the lab at that point in time.

Disappearing pokemon:
95% of the time, when you say your pokemon has suddenly vanished from your pc boxes/party, it isn’t because it disappeared, it’s usually because you misplaced said pokemon. Checking the Battle Tower should be what you search first. There have been many threads in the past where a pokemon has disappeared, only to find out soon after that it had been placed in the Battle Tower by accident.
Other places to check are the VS seeker, Mobile Walker, your Daycare and the Underground. If you can’t find your pokemon after all of that, check your released page. Chances are it’s been accidentally released by yourself. If this is the case, your pokemon will most certainly not be returned to you, since it’s a user error, and not a site error.

This post has been edited by Big Papi: Sep 29 2011, 01:03 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

GiZmo
post Sep 29 2011, 12:50 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 100 783

Active Squad

3rd Q: write about necessity of the latest browser version

--------------------

~ Shiny ~ (click to show)
+Quote Post

Big Papi
post Sep 29 2011, 01:04 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Updated that and a WIP guide by Giraffe a Laugh.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Flamer
post Sep 29 2011, 01:34 PM
Post #4

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 757

Faves

We appreciate the effort you have put into creating this, and thank you for it, however there is already a FAQ section in the Help pages, (http://gpxplus.net/help#faqs). Having more than one of something like this just makes things confusing for users, and gives us more work to do updating it.

I appreciate that with all the new features, the help pages aren't fully up to date at present, but we, (I say we, its mostly Darth Krytie who updates the help pages) are working on adding this stuff and expanding the FAQ

--------------------

+Quote Post

Big Papi
post Sep 29 2011, 02:47 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Oh I'm sorry. I thought this would be more accessable since a lot of newbs dont even read the help page notice.

You can lock this, then.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Flamer
post Sep 29 2011, 06:59 PM
Post #6

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 757

Faves

QUOTE(Big Papi @ Sep 29 2011, 08:47 PM) *
Oh I'm sorry. I thought this would be more accessable since a lot of newbs dont even read the help page notice.

You can lock this, then.

To be perfectly honest with you, I don't see why they'd read this instead of the help page, especially since we link/encourage users to go there all the time

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:50 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.