Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you go to the gym?, Planet Fitness, Golds Gym, Lifetime Fitness, Curves, etc.
Jen
post Jun 14 2013, 12:16 AM
Post #1

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Does anyone here go to a gym? I joined Planet Fitness about a month or two ago, got into it for about a week and then fizzled out. lol I've started going back again this week, and have been on the elliptical at level 4/5 for about 25/30 minutes and then I'll go to the machines.

I really like the leg machines the best - the ones where you either start out with your legs in a wide V position and then have to close it, and its opposite one where you have to open it. Those are killer though, my thighs tend to hurt the next day. haha

What are your typical gym workouts?

Edit: Also, I hope you all wipe down the machines after you use them. *Glares at the people who don't.* Usually I'll wipe the machines down before and after using them, but sometimes I forget to wipe them beforehand, so I hope that whoever used it last at least cleaned it. ;-;

Edit again: Do you have someone who inspires you to workout? My inspiration has been Jessica Nigri who's a well known cosplayer. I met her in March this year and she's so tiny!

This post has been edited by Jen: Jun 14 2013, 12:51 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Jun 14 2013, 11:30 AM
Post #2

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

Yes, I go to the gym regularly. I have a personal trainer that I work with for half an hour each time I go, and I go once or twice a week to work out with her. Otherwise, I just pop in whenever I feel like it. I usually do either the treadmill, elliptical, or stationary bike each time I go, and I vary it each time so that it's not too boring. I mean, music helps a lot, but I like doing different things, too. Sometimes, I just do ten minutes on each and do a circuit. One of my favorite things lately was the rowing machine, and I often incorporate that, too.

As for exercises that are not done on a cardio machine, I pretty much do whatever I feel like that day. If I'm at the weight machines, I work my upper and lower body -- sometimes one or the other, and sometimes both. My personal trainer taught me a lot of new things, so I like to repeat those in addition to using the machines however I want. It's nice to actually know what to do with the various exercise balls and free weights that are lying around. happy.gif

I think the exercises you're talking about are hip abductions and adductions. I love doing those, though it takes so many of them to get me tired.

(And yes, I usually wipe my machine down after I use it, but sometimes I forget. Oops. Not so much anymore, though -- I know how gross it gets. Luckily, at LA Fitness, we have a custodial team who wipes them down frequently.)

This post has been edited by Synx Itax: Jun 14 2013, 11:32 AM

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 15 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #3

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

all with dumbbells:
shoulder presses
flat bench
squats
curls (though i do them weird)
lat pulldowns
tricep extensions
(i wipe the bench)

bikes for whatever (yes i wipe)

and something else, i always warm up with 5 pounds on each thing then i do like 8-10 reps oon the maximum weight (used to be 40ish pounds but then i stopped going for a few months on account of fuckin' school so now i'm down to 30 sad.gif)

one day i will be a super saiyan

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jen
post Jun 20 2013, 12:23 PM
Post #4

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

I tried out the exercise bike for the first time that I've been there last night. Man, that gave such a great leg workout, but my butt is suffering today. lol I hate bike seats so much. I assume that there's a way to get used to it though, since so many people bike and stuff, so I guess I need to just keep using it until it doesn't hurt anymore(?).

One of my really old inspirations for working out used to be to be like a super saiyan. hah. I guess a new one too would be to get stronger than Nick so I can fully take him down! bahaha

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jun 20 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #5

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

I don't.. I really need to, though. The only thing getting in the way is the lack of the dosh. I'm sure once I start earning then I could pop down to a gym close by me. There's one in the city centre but I'll have a look around so I'm not going to be getting ripped off at some ridiculous rate which I could for cheaper elsewhere >_>

Alternatively, the college (not the type you go to get degrees from) I'm going to in September actually has a gym itself so I'll probably have a look at that and see how it is. I'd most likely see if there's one closer to me (the college is in another town) just as it's more convenient.

If it's any consolation I go jogging two times a week (used to be three but then exams so I should get it back up to three)

That'll be the day... the day you take him down, please record it <3

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 21 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Jen @ Jun 20 2013, 12:23 PM) *
I tried out the exercise bike for the first time that I've been there last night. Man, that gave such a great leg workout, but my butt is suffering today. lol I hate bike seats so much. I assume that there's a way to get used to it though, since so many people bike and stuff, so I guess I need to just keep using it until it doesn't hurt anymore(?).

One of my really old inspirations for working out used to be to be like a super saiyan. hah. I guess a new one too would be to get stronger than Nick so I can fully take him down! bahaha

women can't be super saiyans, they said it once upon a time, don't be silly Jen (although isnt there that new Dragonball Online joint that lets women be super saiyans? idk man life is too weird to care about this controversial stuff in the media)

Bikes are generally good for your legs depending on the exercise. Bike seats are weird though i agree, because I've had some bikes that make me feel super comfortable but others that I can't stand for more than 5 minutes. I think it's a matter of getting accustomed to it if theres no other options available. the strength programs that make you do bursts of high resistance in like 15-30 second intervals are the best ways to make your legs comfortably sore when you're done from my experience (and it's done great for my uphill walking because walking 1/2-2/3 of a mile uphill to get to home from class twice a day everyday is hell on your legs), i hate the ones where you have to sustain it longer because those hurt and your legs are in pain after like 45 seconds of that stuff

--------------------
+Quote Post

Azor Ahai
post Jun 21 2013, 01:33 PM
Post #7

K N E E L
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 188 146

Diamond Defence

Nope but i do play soccer for my school. So i still get some physical activity in daily.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Arceus Awakened
post Jun 21 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #8

Suicune is the most beautiful of all ♥
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 219

My favourites~

Yes, I go to many gyms all through different regions, like Kanto and Unova.

...wrong gym? Oops. X3 I don't go to actual gyms, though I used to go swimming at one, leave quickly and sit in the internet cafe. XD

--------------------

~ freelance spriter | shiny collector | aspiring trinketeer ~

Project Arceus (click to show)

+Quote Post

Yum
post Jun 24 2013, 04:13 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 16 031

Yum in GPX+

No,I stay at home.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 25 2013, 09:30 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Active Squad

well that's bad for you

--------------------
+Quote Post

SparklingMistral
post Jun 29 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #11

Remus Lupin = love. (:
Group Icon

Member No.: 109 208

PANE RP Team

I've tried going to the gym, but being there alone without someone to talk to or motivate you is kinda boring, so I don't go. Maybe one day when I have a friend to go with, I'll go regularly, but right now, nope.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Professor CliKin...
post Nov 14 2013, 03:00 AM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 209 921

Active Squad

Sometimes I like to visit Brock's Gym
+Quote Post

Eldavey
post Nov 14 2013, 08:02 PM
Post #13

Super Special
Group Icon

Member No.: 49 980

dreamteam

QUOTE(Kisuke Urahara @ Nov 14 2013, 09:00 AM) *
Sometimes I like to visit Brock's Gym

the fuck man :p

Anyway, I go tot he gym as well but not regularly, and I only go with a friend since it can be quite boring.
I like the rowing machine the best grin.gif
+Quote Post

Emmagurd
post Nov 15 2013, 02:23 AM
Post #14

Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 116

Mamolicious

I do not go to the gym, although I probably should dry.gif Going to the gym requires money, something of which I am trying to save up when I have anything spare to put towards the BIG MOVING OUT FUND that me and my boyfriend have. Seriously, we are saving absolutely anything and everything spare because we want to move out as early as we can next year.

But back to the topic at hand. I will probably never go to the gym, although I have told my boyfriend that I want either one of the bike machines or the "walking" machines (not the little steppers, I have one of those and it's horrendous. I mean the ones with handles that help you move and it goes in the opposite direction to your legs).

It's only fair since he already has a sit-up bench, a press-up "bench", a barbell, and numerous dumbbells AND he wants a chest-press machine! Argh!

--------------------

I do gaming videos! grin.gif Please have a look!
Emmagurd's Youtube

My fiancé does gaming videos for Minecraft, PVK and other stuff! Please take a look! grin.gif
DavidiansLair's Youtube

Made by Bonnie Clyde

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:53 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.