Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
December Events
Zerxer
post Jan 1 2018, 02:52 PM
Post #101

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(Keith @ Jan 1 2018, 01:41 PM) *
Though I do have to wonder, why is only the orange Flabebe in the voucher?

Good question. I've added the other colors now.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Darky
post Jan 1 2018, 02:55 PM
Post #102

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7 680

Active Squad

Congrats to everybody, who won something^_^ Sadly, got nothing, but it's ok.
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Jan 1 2018, 02:58 PM
Post #103

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

I got a Novelty Voucher, which is not bad considering that I had a whole four entries. And I'm sure I am missing some novelty eggs. It's not a Shiny Voucher but I'm pretty happy with that!

By the way, I think it's not unreasonable to expect a new Pokémon or be disappointed at the lack of one, when it was said that there would be one. But I also think Nick's explanation for that is very reasonable and I accept it (anyway I was hardly expecting to win one). happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Silberchen
post Jan 1 2018, 04:01 PM
Post #104

Floofy Friend
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 150 656

A lighthouse

Got the shiny voucher from one of my 68 entries, I think this is the first time I won anything in the raffle. grin.gif I didn't have much to do on NYE but was on my family's slow internet...

The whole thing is still relatively random, but I think overall a good number of prizes were handed out. I thought there would be new pokemon as well, but I'm not too disappointed since there have been new additions throughout the last months.
+Quote Post

Vande
post Jan 1 2018, 04:04 PM
Post #105

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

Yeah looks like I got nothing... spent as much time as I could clicking without being in pain.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Wastelander
post Jan 1 2018, 04:08 PM
Post #106

True king
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 552

The Runaways

Thanks for the legendary voucher happy.gif

--------------------

Software engineer by day. Hermit writer by night.
nothing is impossible chasing a super hero on the run
+Quote Post

Primaxal
post Jan 1 2018, 04:29 PM
Post #107

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 6 487

Kabutops

QUOTE(Esc @ Jan 1 2018, 10:23 PM) *
QUOTE(billywombat @ Jan 1 2018, 02:21 PM) *
378 entries and all I got is Legend Voucher Plus... it's a joke? Looks like I wasted so much time.

rngesus was not on ur side.

It's not a good sign for my 2018 worried.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jade
post Jan 1 2018, 04:36 PM
Post #108

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

QUOTE(SilverPT @ Jan 1 2018, 11:49 AM) *
This situation doesn't concern me much because I wasn't active at all yesterday, therefore wasn't expecting to receive anything good and on top of that, I wasn't expecting new 'mons to be released due to Sam being busy with uni & work and Letan's personal life stuff that happened recently, but asking people not to be impatient at this point... S&M were released in November of 2016. It's been one YEAR and one month and we're still missing 6 regular 'mons (Morelull, Shiinotic, Comfey, Wimpod, Golisopod, Turtonator) and 13(!) legendaries (Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow, Poipole, Naganadel, Stakataka and Blacephalon). And I'm not even counting Zygarde (2), Lyncaroc (1), Necrozma (3) and Silvally's (17) forms.

Also, the fact that we don't get these type of prices too much is exactly the opposite of what should be happening. We've been getting the same type of monthly events for years. How awesome it would be if this last event, based on activity score, could be transformed into a monthly thing? Or even the coins-based event, in which the theme could alternate every 3 months between types, colours, rarity?

I'll not get too much into this because it was already discussed last month on the community thread, but something has to be done (and people have the right to complain as long as it's something constructive).

But constructive criticism, by definition, is offering both negative AND positive views, while also suggesting solutions. Which you're doing yes, but those other comments weren't. Which is why I spoke up.

And I get it, I understand people's frustrations with the time it's taking for releases. But how many people are doing the sprites for this year compared to last? Because last year we had 12 at least.

Do we really only have two for this generation? That's like, what? 100 or so? I mean, that's a lot of work - egg sprite, hatching stages for the egg, and the pokemon itself.

I'm certain there's a lot of skill involved in running a website like this, and before, we had a team of people who had lots of skills in a lot of areas and made some awesome coding changes here over the years. But now, the team is different and the fact that there's still people trying is admirable in itself. I know they're trying their best and it feels like complaints like this kinda doesn't acknowledge how much the staff really does try for us. It can hurt the feelings of and de-motivate those who are working to bring us new things. And it's easy to say "just get more people involved" but it's hard to find people who have the skill, the time and are willing to do it for - I assume - no profit.

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Jan 1 2018, 04:55 PM
Post #109

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

Didn't get anything but I'm glad I didn't miss out on any new cool mons.

Congrats to those getting vouchers ^^
Hopefully you got something you liked

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Esc
post Jan 1 2018, 05:09 PM
Post #110

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

QUOTE(Jade @ Jan 1 2018, 04:36 PM) *
QUOTE(SilverPT @ Jan 1 2018, 11:49 AM) *
This situation doesn't concern me much because I wasn't active at all yesterday, therefore wasn't expecting to receive anything good and on top of that, I wasn't expecting new 'mons to be released due to Sam being busy with uni & work and Letan's personal life stuff that happened recently, but asking people not to be impatient at this point... S&M were released in November of 2016. It's been one YEAR and one month and we're still missing 6 regular 'mons (Morelull, Shiinotic, Comfey, Wimpod, Golisopod, Turtonator) and 13(!) legendaries (Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Kartana, Guzzlord, Necrozma, Magearna, Marshadow, Poipole, Naganadel, Stakataka and Blacephalon). And I'm not even counting Zygarde (2), Lyncaroc (1), Necrozma (3) and Silvally's (17) forms.

Also, the fact that we don't get these type of prices too much is exactly the opposite of what should be happening. We've been getting the same type of monthly events for years. How awesome it would be if this last event, based on activity score, could be transformed into a monthly thing? Or even the coins-based event, in which the theme could alternate every 3 months between types, colours, rarity?

I'll not get too much into this because it was already discussed last month on the community thread, but something has to be done (and people have the right to complain as long as it's something constructive).

But constructive criticism, by definition, is offering both negative AND positive views, while also suggesting solutions. Which you're doing yes, but those other comments weren't. Which is why I spoke up.

And I get it, I understand people's frustrations with the time it's taking for releases. But how many people are doing the sprites for this year compared to last? Because last year we had 12 at least.

Do we really only have two for this generation? That's like, what? 100 or so? I mean, that's a lot of work - egg sprite, hatching stages for the egg, and the pokemon itself.

I'm certain there's a lot of skill involved in running a website like this, and before, we had a team of people who had lots of skills in a lot of areas and made some awesome coding changes here over the years. But now, the team is different and the fact that there's still people trying is admirable in itself. I know they're trying their best and it feels like complaints like this kinda doesn't acknowledge how much the staff really does try for us. It can hurt the feelings of and de-motivate those who are working to bring us new things. And it's easy to say "just get more people involved" but it's hard to find people who have the skill, the time and are willing to do it for - I assume - no profit.

It also kills interest in the people waiting for so long, which is why I'm guessing a activity on the site keeps going down and down. Constant delays, being one of them. I get that Gen 7 rollout was done in portions to help increase site activity and help staff as well, but I feel it's been had a greater negative effect than positive.

I'm just annoyed that no new pokemon was available (Zerx gave a valid reason). Was really hoping for an ultra beast or something, but now we gotta wait till Feb 1, because that's when the SWSH ends. And who knows if it'll be available at that date too.

Like all of this has already been said before, but the reason why it keeps coming back up is because nothing is changing. And you're right, it's hard for them to change because shit keeps coming up.

Just a frustrated GPX'er

This post has been edited by Esc: Jan 1 2018, 05:13 PM

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

Manah
post Jan 1 2018, 05:33 PM
Post #111

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

I'm surprised I got a Novelty Voucher when I barely did anything and got maybe ~10 entries. oh.gif

Anyone know who got the top prize?

This post has been edited by Manah: Jan 1 2018, 05:34 PM

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jan 1 2018, 05:39 PM
Post #112

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(billywombat @ Jan 1 2018, 02:21 PM) *
Btw. What about monthly explorations?

Huh. I hadn't even thought about that. And then, when I went to check, there isn't even a tab FOR the Legends at the moment.

Plus, not sure if I won the raffle or not, but I only had three entries anyway. I do have 2 Legend Plus vouchers, but don't know if I bought both of them or won it. No matter.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Broken Butterfly
post Jan 1 2018, 07:02 PM
Post #113

Lover of Dark-types
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 802

Active Squad

Oh cool, I got a shiny voucher plus! ^_^.gif I'm really happy about that, especially since I did my best to be as active as possible with the time I had. I've just gotta figure out what to use it on...

--------------------
{}
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Jan 1 2018, 07:09 PM
Post #114

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

Didn't get a Voucher of any kind, but since I'm not really trying to complete my Pokedex in any way, I suppose I don't really need one. To the people who did get Vouchers - hope you get whatever shiny or high-IVed something or other that you wanted.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Jan 1 2018, 07:30 PM
Post #115

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Happy New Year Everybody! 2018 could not have come fast enough for my family so I'm just glad we were able to "turn the page".

As for the New Year's Event, a raffle by definition is a game of chance. Seeing as how I reek at games of chance, I'm not surprised that the Shiny voucher still eludes me. I think I might've gotten an additional Legendary Voucher Plus as I think I have one more than I might've had the day before.

Constructive criticism? Perhaps there is a way that the system could generate a pop up box that says "Congratulations! You've just won a.... in the Site Wide Raffle Event".

Beyond that, and knowing that by dividing my 26,080 points by 2018 I only had 13 raffle entries, I'm quite satisfied with at least possibly having won something. I understand that some people some how managed to score almost 50 raffle entries. Dang! You was busy yesterday! I hope that was a personal best for you all who were really into the clicking. I could only grab a couple of hours towards the end of the day and man! Did my wrist hurt even though the laptop was in my lap and I did as much as I did in 2 hours.

I'm sorry that the ultimate prize wasn't something some of you were pleased with. While we were expecting the new Pokemon voucher, I think the understanding and explanation of why we didn't get it was nice to hear. It's hard to remember that there are real people behind the works of these types of websites and its easy to forget that they have other obligations too. I was hoping for the new Pokemon voucher as well, but it is what it is.

You can all color me jealous for those who got the Sh. Novelty Pokemon Voucher. I think you all have a good idea of whom I'm chasing after. I'm not going to say I'll find him this year, but I do have another 364 days to try, right? LOL

May we all find the positive side of the Raffle and look forward to a great new year for Pokemon on GPX. I'm sure that the missing Pokemon will appear at some point and... wow!... that's a lot of legendaries! I don't know half of them *blush* I really need to play through my Sun and Moon games (both versions, regular and Ultra). I had planned on playing AC:NL, but the tug of Pokemon pulled me back so I've returned to my Ultra Sun on Christmas. Still haven't even gotten to the first challenge though. Like my GPX, I play my Pokemon games slowly.

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Level-X
post Jan 1 2018, 07:32 PM
Post #116

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 170 583

Squad

I got a Legend Voucher Plus from the Raffle, I didn't know we had chances of getting from multiple Items.. It was random anyway, so it didn't matter to me. I also needed Tapu Fini and Tapu Bulu, so I was able to get Fini. happy.gif

This post has been edited by Level-X: Jan 1 2018, 07:33 PM

--------------------
GPX+ Shiny Tracker (v3.1.1) last updated on Oct. 16, 2023

» » » We can help you a lot quicker through the Discord compared to the Forums! « « «

+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Jan 1 2018, 08:59 PM
Post #117

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

Ah ha ha ha....I got a third Legend Voucher Plus milling around my inventory now. Maybe it's time I stop being lazy, finish up the Tapus, and get my second Nebby....

Perhaps it's a sign from the GPX gods I need to be more active again. xD

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Alicat
post Jan 1 2018, 09:01 PM
Post #118

Novelty Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 54 424

Favorites

Sweet, a novelty voucher from only having 4 entries cat.gif Time to figure out what novelty I don't possess yet... xD

--------------------

3rd place in Vitamin C #3 - Christmas
3rd place in Vitamin C #004 - Love
2nd place in Vitamin C #005 - Wild Fire!

Quotes <3 (click to show)

Daycare couple: Shiny Hunt

QUOTE(Nekomata @ Sep 28 2011, 01:38 PM) *
Long time no see, Alicat~! (If you don't remember me, I'm going to have to murder you later, alright?)
+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Jan 1 2018, 09:04 PM
Post #119

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

QUOTE(Jade @ Jan 1 2018, 09:36 PM) *

It's not our fault (users) that there's less people around to sprite Gen 7 'mons. There's at least 5 staff members capable of spriting. And IF there's a need to get more people, it's as simple as saying "Look guys, we're looking for spriters. Send us a sprite of [insert a 'mon here]/Marshadow made by you and we'll decide based upon that!". Again, like I (and Esc ended up saying) the problem is that there's nothing going on. Nothing being made. I'm sure that there's a lot of people interested in joining the staff team so that they can help. People that can sprite, people that can write explorations, people that can code (even if only a bit, it would help already). Trusting your community goes a long way in making things better.

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Myou
post Jan 1 2018, 09:06 PM
Post #120

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

Settled on which shiny novelty I wanted (decided on one that can't be directly bred), thanks for the event!

I'm kind of surprised my wrists don't hurt as much as I feel they should considering my activity score was 498,613 yesterday dumblook.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:58 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.