Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
More Shellos and Gastrodon forms?
Commander Wymsy
post Feb 28 2008, 12:29 AM
Post #1

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

Ever see Shellos' Diamond PokéDex entry?

"Its colors and shapes differ from region to region. In the Sinnoh region, two types are confirmed."

This interests me. Could just be me thinking too hard, though. It looks like it implies that there could be more forms of the two Pokémon. If it differs from region to region, then, if we get the chance to, would the two Pokémon have different forms in another region? What do you lot think?

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Liquefy
post Feb 28 2008, 12:38 AM
Post #2

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 169

Active Squad

Given that there are several references to the Johto region in DP, I'd say there's a pretty good chance that we'll find out soon.

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Pyro Ice
post Feb 28 2008, 01:37 AM
Post #3

Captain Anarchy
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 126

Active Squad

I saw a weird Gastrodon back sprite somewhere, where it was dark red and had flat horn-like things coming out of his head. Dunno where it is from, but I remember seeing it before.
+Quote Post

suzyk
post Feb 28 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #4

None of us are virgins, life has screwed us all.
Group Icon

Member No.: 945

Shameless Man Whores

The have a million different Spinda's and Unown, I don't see any point adding different Gastrodon's/Shellos for us to catch. That'll just be annoying. Like Spinda. >:(
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Feb 28 2008, 02:45 PM
Post #5

Nevermore!
Group Icon

Member No.: 807

BLARG

i never noticed that. maybe it was directly translated from japanese into english and nintendo of america didnt notice

--------------------

Think I'm cool? Follow me on tumblr.
Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Aeroy
post Feb 28 2008, 03:20 PM
Post #6

old news
Group Icon

Member No.: 74

Active Squad

QUOTE(Pyro Ice @ Feb 28 2008, 01:37 AM) *
I saw a weird Gastrodon back sprite somewhere, where it was dark red and had flat horn-like things coming out of his head. Dunno where it is from, but I remember seeing it before.

Got it

The columns labeled ?? are the mystery 3rd form of Gastrodon and Shellos that aren't used.

Has anyone hacked the third form with pokesav?

--------------------
That is a really, really bad sig; new one to come soon.
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Feb 28 2008, 04:28 PM
Post #7

Look closer.
Group Icon

Member No.: 72

Active Squad

They'd actually be recolored most likely. And the Gastrodon back doesn't match the front.

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

Aeroy
post Feb 28 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #8

old news
Group Icon

Member No.: 74

Active Squad

Actually, the really weird thing i noticed is that 'Frame 1' is normal and 'Frame 2' is all like LOL WTF THE DESIGNERS ARE HIGH happy.gif

--------------------
That is a really, really bad sig; new one to come soon.
+Quote Post

suzyk
post Feb 28 2008, 04:33 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Shameless Man Whores

Yeah, but is this going to be for 4th Gen (they might have secretly put it in or something), the next possible gen or the anime? I'm betting it's anime only.
+Quote Post

Balmungmp5
post Feb 28 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #10

Formerly Darksword
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 161

Active Squad

hey that was clever.

looking at those sprites I definitely believe there will be more forms!

--------------------

I claim Scizor
also don't pm me and ask me to trade if you don't have anything in mind.
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Feb 28 2008, 05:46 PM
Post #11

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

God invented grammar to be used, not to be chopped up.

blax8192, please fix your grammar, because I don't understand a word of what you're saying much of the time.

--------------------
+Quote Post

MetalHealth
post Feb 29 2008, 12:04 AM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 001

Active Squad

grammer is for chumps xD

--------------------
Friend Code = 0473 6835 8428..... Trainer Name = Kurt
Wish List = http://wishlist.gtsplus.net/scan/1001
Always Willing To Battle
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Feb 29 2008, 12:15 AM
Post #13

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

QUOTE(MetalHealth @ Feb 28 2008, 09:04 PM) *
grammer is for chumps xD

1. Grammar is awesome, because it makes it easier for people to understand you.

2. Get back on the topic.

---

I always thought that funky backsprite was just a leftover beta sprite. But yeah, if there are other Gastrodon and Shellos forms are made, it wouldn't surprise me if they were only palette swaps. That might cause some shinyness confusion, though (wouldn't surprise me).

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Blax8192
post Mar 2 2008, 07:06 PM
Post #14

Never turn down a really good pie...
Group Icon

Member No.: 961

Active Squad

I used to think the shiny versions were color swaps, maybe not, if you google third shellos gastrodon form you'll probably get way better fan art for one than that page, sorry about the grammar, I was trying to type fast, and I tend to ramble...

I can try and fix it and repost it I guess, I'll just delete that one, people seem to think post count is important and I've been yelled at because people think I care-_-
oh come on give me a break, they recolored the east shellodon to have the colors of the west shellodon, the slightly different shades on the ears are even the same, most likely it'll be only in D/P so you have to trade with your diamond and pearl game to get a shellos onto your gsds (gold silver ds)/fifth gen game game.

Personally, I see a comma or apostrophe or quotation or period or colon or whatever shaped Unown more likely than another shellodon form

The are east and west forms, thats the way it is, what do you expect east2 west2, north and south, johto east and west, there isn't really any way they could make that sound right...

I think they already messed up with the burmy forms, they need to be so you use an item (a pile) on it to change the form, and they'd act like evolution stones, if you use a pile of junk on it it'll evolve into trash wormadam/mothim, or use a pile of dirt on it to make it evolve into the ground wormadam/mothim forms and a pile of leaves to evolve it into the grass wormadam/mothim and have burmy be like some kind of a worm or something

heres a fan art pic of a new shellodon form.

it's just fan art, guarantee it.

--------------------
These are my Topics which you should read, but probably won't (click to showhide)
=mine
A glimpse into my mind(by clicking you are signing a waiver on your sanity) (click to showhide)
(\_/)
\(n.n)/
(")_(")
this is evil bunny, copy and paste him into your sig and help him keep bunny from taking over the world!!!
I didn't want to put this in tags but the length was bugging me . . . just open it (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Letan
post Mar 2 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

It's possible that they could include a new form or two. Heck, look at Unown for example. They added in the exclamation mark and question mark ones.
Side note: Wymsy did you come up with this idea while trying to get the shiny Shellos you were talking about earlier?

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Sceptile100
post Mar 2 2008, 07:22 PM
Post #16

Resident Sceptile Fanatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 360

Active Squad

Where would these new forms be shown?

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Fear my incredble Sceptile!!!![/align]
[align=center]Sig created by Wymsy[/align][align=center]<div class='quotetop' align="center" onmouseover="style.cursor='pointer';" onclick="$(this).next().toggle();$('span', this).toggle();">Click or my Sceptile will find you! (click to <span>show</span><span style='display:none;'>hide</span>)[/align]<div class='quotemain' style='display:none;'>
What kind of horrible person would not click theese and risk the dragons dying, a mean hateful person, that's who.
To see the adult dragons you've helped nurtured click here</div></div>
+Quote Post

Blax8192
post Mar 2 2008, 07:56 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Active Squad

johto, gsds, the remake of gold and silver and crystal

--------------------
These are my Topics which you should read, but probably won't (click to showhide)
=mine
A glimpse into my mind(by clicking you are signing a waiver on your sanity) (click to showhide)
(\_/)
\(n.n)/
(")_(")
this is evil bunny, copy and paste him into your sig and help him keep bunny from taking over the world!!!
I didn't want to put this in tags but the length was bugging me . . . just open it (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Balmungmp5
post Mar 2 2008, 09:34 PM
Post #18

Formerly Darksword
Group Icon

Member No.: 161

Active Squad

for all I know those funky back sprites could be fan made. How do I know if it's legit?

--------------------

I claim Scizor
also don't pm me and ask me to trade if you don't have anything in mind.
+Quote Post

Blax8192
post Mar 3 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Active Squad

Those pictures were fan made, I'm going to post these pictures here and let everybody see them and explain this slowly, alot of people seem to be missing the point I've been trying to make, and it's hard to explain without the pictures here, they'll be in spoiler tags because theres 18 images(small) and if you don't think your computer can handle it, get a new computer

Here are the Shellos pictures and why they are obviously faked: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text
these are the Shellos back pictures

----east-----------west------------(???)west recolored with east colors and lowered, little bigger smiley face, don't even need photoshop for that, I could do that in paint

okay, here are the front frame one

-----east------------west----------(???) this is the same as the east, not even recolored

this is frame two

-----east------------west-----------(???)recolor of west, it doesn't even match up with the frame one picture, this one has the wings, the frame one has the spikes
And here are the Gastrodon ones and why they are obviously faked: Click Here To Show/Hide This Text

these are the back pictures, I actually think the back picture for the fake gastrodon was well done, but in unoriginal colors, if anything they'd be green

back

----east------------west-----------(???) well made, too bad it doesn't match up with the front pictures

frame one

-----east-----------west-----------(???) wow, it's head transformed, how strange, it's now identical to Gastrodon west

frame two

-----east-----------west-----------(???) wow, it changed again, that's bizarre, now it's once again a recolor of Gastrodon west

all of this evidence makes it really hard to pin a solid image to this "new shellodon" don't you think? I think they were random sprites picked off the internet of recolors and whatever, any questions?

--------------------
=mine
(\_/)
\(n.n)/
(")_(")
+Quote Post

suzyk
post Mar 3 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Shameless Man Whores

-_- Nobody said they were real, Blax. Obviously they're not. And if Nintendo was going to have more Shellos/Gastrodon forms, they'd be for the fifth gen or the anime.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:21 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.