Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
"Oh, come on, catch it already!", The ones who got away.
Marcster1994
post Jun 17 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #21

blazken is the best bird ever
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 31 661

Mah Top 5 Favs

Ash isn't gonna be the Pokemon master at this rate :/

--------------------

^_^.gif ->><<- ^_^.gif

One clickers Click him please

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

yuna359
post Jun 17 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #22

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 357

Active Squad

Maybe they should the slogan from "Gotta catch 'em all!" to "Hardly caught any at all!"
Personally I think Ash's fail level is to high that it wouldn't make a difference what he caught. (He's still lame to me.)

--------------------
Let's help each other out 'kay?

+Quote Post

Glaedr
post Jun 27 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #23

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 932

Active Squad

Lol, there's so many pokemon that I've seen in the anime that would've been a well match for Ash to catch that I couldn't find the time to list it all here.
+Quote Post

Ace of Spades
post Jun 27 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #24

Rainbow GEMS
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 733

LV 100

The only thing that would have made today's episode good is if Ash caught the Deoxys.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Drunk Ampharos
post Jun 28 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #25

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 403

Some Faves

I think the writers don't make them catch every single thing out there because they want to focus on the friendship built between trainer and pokemon. If they keep catching whatever, they're just gonna be sent into Oak's lab and they'll hardly develop a bond with Ash--you hardly ever see him use the PC. And seeing him with an ever-changing party is just confusing if he used the PC "off-screen." Being with him for long periods just makes their "releasing time" that much more emotional.

Also, legendaries are actually legendaries in the anime. They want it to stay that way.

--------------------
Add me in Real Life: Friend Code: 2895-7299-2139

+Quote Post

RDM
post Jun 28 2009, 03:44 PM
Post #26

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 269

Current Emerald Team

QUOTE(Imposibibble @ Jun 28 2009, 02:51 PM) *
I think the writers don't make them catch every single thing out there because they want to focus on the friendship built between trainer and pokemon. If they keep catching whatever, they're just gonna be sent into Oak's lab and they'll hardly develop a bond with Ash--you hardly ever see him use the PC. And seeing him with an ever-changing party is just confusing if he used the PC "off-screen." Being with him for long periods just makes their "releasing time" that much more emotional.

Also, legendaries are actually legendaries in the anime. They want it to stay that way.

It's true that the legendaries are more significant in the anime(Well... Movies), but they were just as significant and powerful in the manga(which is either thankfully or sadly not based on the anime, your mileage may vary) but that never stopped people from using them for generally short periods of time.
Spoiler (click to showhide)

And on topic, I stopped watching at the end of the Johto saga, but it always frustrated me that he only kept Pikachu and never caught many Pokemon. Remember his Squirtle? That thing was awesome.

--------------------

B| My favourite pokeymanz. Or rather, 6 out of 10. Plus Flint, 'cause he's awesome.
+Quote Post

Chari
post Jul 1 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #27

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 495

My lovely team

Yep... You're right!

--------------------
Spoiler (click to showhide)

I'm part of... (click to show)

Creditzzz (click to show)

Quotezz:
The yellow bumbler tried everything he could, short annoying gags and hurtful insults, but the triple changer was just not switching to either is blue or red face. So instead Bumblebee asked for a couple of games to play with the Decepticon to see if losing would make any difference. He got the games and played several of them with Blitzwing, making a friend of him, and finally they were sitting across the table from each other playing one of the older Pokémon games with a cable connection on their two gameboys
by Zaerith-Chan
+Quote Post

EarthKwake
post Jul 1 2009, 12:54 PM
Post #28

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 148

Uprising Pokemon

In Kanto he at least caught a bunch, but since then he doesn't catch anything but the starters and common types. x.x

--------------------

Clicks appreciated. ^^

Adoptables (click to show)

I am... (click to show)

+Quote Post

ChrisG14
post Jul 1 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #29

Master of Nothing
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 667

Reality Checkers

I'm sort of glad he doesn't catch more than 5 Pokemon at a time. Guys like Muk, Tauros, and Kingler hardly developed a bond with Ash, they were just sent to Oak's to be seldomly used. Now that he only has 5 at a time, including Pikachu, he can develop a close bond with his Pokemon, before they get dumped so Ash, Brock, and new girl go off of NextGenLand.

--------------------
QUOTE(Hanbuke)
When bestiality is involved, does gender even really matter?

+Quote Post

Kylie
post Jul 1 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #30

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 827

Dream Team~

When I saw the topic name I immediately thought of that Riolu too! I was watching the episode with Hunter J and praying that in the end, the old guy would give Ash Riolu and tell him to raise him well or something, like Riley did (because I was already sure that Riley wasn't going to do that like in the game). It would have just been the best Dx

--------------------

+Quote Post

Persephone
post Jul 3 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #31

Ace Attorney
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 428

Active Squad

Shaymin. It would be awesome if as got that, but since it's a legendary Pokemon the writers didn't do so.

I agree on that Riolu too. A steel-type on Ash's team would be a real burden for his opponents (unless they have fire-types). Gah, stupid Ash not taking that Riolu.

I also wonder what happened to Ash's Pidgeot. I mean, he promised that he would come back for it, but did he? NO.

--------------------

+Quote Post

VickyDragon
post Jul 15 2009, 08:47 AM
Post #32

Dragon Fire Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 760

Favourites Main Team

I've noticed that a lot too, like in the 1st series Ash wants to get a Weedle and he almost gets it, but it gets away and i was like 'it was probably weak enough to catch it, why didnt you?!'

--------------------
+Quote Post

Ace of Spades
post Aug 17 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #33

Rainbow GEMS
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 733

LV 100

Why doesn't Ash catch Pokemon?
1. In the Riolu episodes, Ash already had six Pokemon.
2. Ash never catches Legendary Pokemon, because most of them are in movies, and the movies don't affect the show.
3. Ash has no common sense.

--------------------

+Quote Post

flyfloyd
post Aug 18 2009, 05:38 AM
Post #34

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 568

My team~

I get annoyed with every pokemon that the gang let get away. I mean, come on! A riolu would've been a great addition! Has the motto of Pokemon changed from 'gotta catch em all!' to 'gotta get like four new pokemon each season!'

--------------------

My babies~ konata.gif
+Quote Post

WaitingforthePUN...
post Aug 18 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #35

Do you get it? It's a Link Cable!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 45 889

Such Egg-celence!

Jessie was stupid enough to trade her lickitung. it could've been a lickililly by now and they could've caught a phione too. but no they just had to let it play in the water.

--------------------
Click Here

I am back!

Stuff People have Sprited for me ^^ (click to show)
+Quote Post

Ezequiel Lavezzi
post Aug 18 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #36

The lone wanderer.
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 170

The Alpha Squad

TBH i think ash is one of the worst trainers ever.
He gave up a Larvitar WTF he had it and he gave it back. Also he released his pidgeot and lapras.
I do feel sorry for Team rocket the way they loose there best pokemon.
I Loled when Jessie lost Licitung.
But when i watched Rise of darkrai i thought the Lickylicky would turn out to be Jessies.
Also why didnt ash catch Rotom instead of getting some old Gateau stupid episode that was.

--------------------
"Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?"

+Quote Post

Whispy
post Aug 19 2009, 04:01 AM
Post #37

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 51 401

Blue Nuzlocke

I think that you should here from the released pokemon more often. Just think what it would be like if he found out somebody caught his butterfree.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Hack
post Aug 19 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #38

ah-huh
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 891

Active Squad

I got annoyed when Hippopatas (SP?) was about to join ash when Sinnoh now interupted him.
Hippowden (SP?) would be a great addition to his team and could provide the season with a running joke like Croagunk with brock Hippopatas releasing yawns constantly making people drowsy.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Elena252
post Aug 20 2009, 07:08 PM
Post #39

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 983

Mew Army!

It annoys me how he never has many pokemon! He never catches that many! And I get what you're saying about not being able to make relationshops with his pokemon but look at Muk, Kingler, and Tauros. I jsut mean that some people would argue that those pokemon weren't close to Ash because of that but I loved them! They had plenty of personality. And when they battled it was still exciting and awesome! So they make so many episodes were they meet a pokemon and then let it go in the end but they could catch it and make the episode about them. Then if they have a little part in a few episodes with them and then they fight in gym battles and in the leagues that's more then enough.

But no, instead they let them go!

And another that really annoys me is when they get a pokemon and they finally start to like them or be strong, or evolve or whatever! and they let them go or give them to Prof. Oak or leave them at home! Squirtle. Charizard, Bulbasaur, Pigeot, Bayleef, Cyndaquil, Noctowl, Swellow, Septile, Ludicolo, Steelix, Togetic, Starmie (ok, she keeps Staryu but leaves Starmie?? Someone explain that!), Dustox, Weezing, Arbok, Skitty, Beautifly, and the list goes on and on!!!

These things really tick me off. pinch.gif

--------------------
Clicky Clicky!

+Quote Post

JDB1984
post Aug 22 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #40

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 48 423

Soul Silver team

I thought he was going to get a Snover in today's episode. I mean, they befriended him, it had no friends, and now he could travel with over a dozen new ones (Not to mention Grotle and Snover seemed to get along really well).

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 01:01 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.