Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
403 errors on Opera?, Is anyone else having this problem?
Jade
post Aug 6 2010, 05:50 AM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

Hey there everyone!

Well, it's been about a week now since I noticed this problem and I decided to address it in case the problem is affecting anyone else. I use Opera primarily to click nowadays, and lately when I have been opening 200 tabs like I regularly do, I've been getting 403 errors (It comes with a lovely picture of Octillirage and says "'Go, Octillery! Use Octazooka!'
Octillery's ink has stopped you from viewing this page." on it). It isn't just one of two but like... 10 or 20. So I started to open 100 more regularly and that made the error pop up less often but still frequent and even more so lately it has been showing up even when I'm only opening a couple tabs (I.E. opening up 21 tabs produces at least one 403 error). It seems to happen in intervals as well - opening 100 sometimes produces no 403 errors... and then about five or ten minutes down the line of clicking, they are everywhere.

I'm not really certain what the cause of it may be, because it happens even in the middle of the night (between the hours of midnight, right after reset way into 6 pm when there usually is only 500-600 people on), thats why I'm thinking it might be my computer but I'm not sure what would cause it? My computer never had trouble opening this many tabs before, so I wasn't sure if something changed on the site to stop agreeing with my computer perhaps?

It's not a terrible problem or anything, because its easy enough to reload those tabs and click through them still, but it does get a little frustrating.

Anyways, any help or suggestions is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Edit: Also, I don't seem to be getting the same errors on my laptop (I'm not on it very often for this game though except when I'm at work usually). So that is also leading me to believe it is my desktop.

Second edit: It has now been brought to my attention that I am also receiving these errors in the multitudes on my laptop as well. And my laptop is widely different from my desktop. The only similarity is Opera and the preferences I've changed which follows Ride The Lightning's guide.

This post has been edited by Jade: Aug 12 2010, 06:41 AM

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Retrospect
post Aug 6 2010, 09:54 AM
Post #2

Back from the dead... sort of.
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 279

Active Squad

I suppose it's possible that it's a problem on your end.

Have you messed with any advanced settings at all to increase the number of connections you make to the server at one time? You may want to set it to default and see if that resolves the issue.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kimis
post Aug 6 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 103 431

Active Squad

I get them all the time now too, too bad Opera doesn't have a Reload All Tabs option.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kimis
post Aug 6 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I get them all the time now too, too bad Opera doesn't have a Reload All Tabs option.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kimis
post Aug 6 2010, 02:03 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

--------------------

+Quote Post

Professor Magnol...
post Aug 6 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16 262

Favorites

QUOTE(Kimis @ Aug 6 2010, 02:03 PM) *

There is a button you can add that will do this, unfortunately I don't remember where to go to get it. My boyfriend showed me once but it doesn't seem to help with reloading tabs that error out like that. At least not for me.
+Quote Post

Professor Magnol...
post Aug 6 2010, 03:24 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Favorites

There is a button you can add that will do this, unfortunately I don't remember where to go to get it. My boyfriend showed me once but it doesn't seem to help with reloading tabs that error out like that. At least not for me.
+Quote Post

Professor Magnol...
post Aug 6 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Favorites

+Quote Post

Katya
post Aug 7 2010, 12:14 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 968

Active Squad

I'm getting them like crazy right now, more 403's than clickable pokes.

--------------------
+Quote Post

nook
post Aug 7 2010, 01:00 AM
Post #10

I'm the crap in your pants.
Group Icon

Member No.: 54 441

Active Squad

I have the same problem, but I use Firefox.

--------------------
"When life pisses you off, you piss on life and see how it likes it." ~ Anonymous

{~Formspring~|~DeviantArt~|~The best link ever~}

Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Elito
post Aug 7 2010, 01:08 AM
Post #11

My life's a theater.
Group Icon

Member No.: 50 181

MonoPoison

The errors you get are not connected in any way with errors Jade gets. Errors you get are server lag, and are fixed now, I think.
Jade has a different kind of problem I believe.

--------------------

x
+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Aug 7 2010, 01:17 AM
Post #12

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

I do believe it's a site-wide problem. I got them quite a bit while I was clicking tonight. Also, I don't know if it's the same thing that's causing it, but sometimes when I try to go on a certain thread in the forums, it always redirects me to the main page of the forums.

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Simple
post Aug 7 2010, 03:39 AM
Post #13

Corrupted Flame
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 365

Favorite

QUOTE(Professor Magnolia @ Aug 6 2010, 03:25 PM) *

Ctrl+F12 (or Tools > Preferences) > Advanced > Shortcuts > Keyboard Setup > "Opera Standard" click Edit > Expand "Application (defaults)" > Click New > Under "Input context and shortcuts", enter "Platform Windows-Unix-MCE, F5 ctrl" > Under "Actions", enter "Reload all pages" > Click Ok > Click Ok

Not a button, but Ctrl+F5 is good too, found the info some time ago on some forum.

--------------------

Must has em all (click to show)

Art credits (click to show)

Guilty gear pokemon (click to show)
+Quote Post

unexistence
post Aug 7 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #14

Fan of Smash Bros, Pokémon, A:TLA, A:LOK, Zelda, things
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 681

Favorites ♥

Same problem on Chrome. It was probably just the mass lag.

--------------------

GPXing sporadically.

+Quote Post

Jade
post Aug 7 2010, 10:38 AM
Post #15

Gym Leader
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Aug 6 2010, 10:54 AM) *
I suppose it's possible that it's a problem on your end.

Have you messed with any advanced settings at all to increase the number of connections you make to the server at one time? You may want to set it to default and see if that resolves the issue.

Well I followed Ride the Lightnings guide so yes, I increased it to 105. Not sure what the default originally was anymore but it never caused me a problem and I've been using Opera two months now. And if it were the connection problems wouldn't I be getting timed out rather (meaning the 504 error, or even a connection error?)?

Also, to everyone else: This problem has been happening to me all week not just yesterday (though I'll admit my thread was poorly timed). It COULD have been affected by what BB was doing with the two servers perhaps, depending on how long he was working on them?

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Retrospect
post Aug 7 2010, 01:20 PM
Post #16

Back from the dead... sort of.
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 279

Active Squad

The reason I was thinking it was the number of connections you make is because the server will detect when an IP is causing too many connections at once and will block the IP to prevent botting. You're not blocked, but you are getting forbidden/permission errors. That's why I thought about that. I don't know what the default for Opera is but I would definitely try a smaller number to see if it resolves your issue.

There was another user who increased their connections on Firefox and had their IP blocked twice (both times having to have BB manually remove the block). It was eventually figured out that they had upped their connections to 600, iirc. I haven't seen any new threads from them since they lowered their connections back to default.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Aug 12 2010, 01:53 AM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

This is obviously a site wide problem, because I get them too, and I use the default amount of connections.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Jade
post Aug 12 2010, 06:13 AM
Post #18

Gym Leader
Group Icon

My Favorites

Hmm really? Well I did change it as well, to a smaller number, but I still get the errors periodically too (so I changed it back XD). It does pop up LESS when I do less tabs at a time, but it also seems to go in stages, where many pop up and then none do for awhile. And it happens most during the night, strangely. I'm sure it is possibly a combination of factors, since I've never gotten this error on my laptop - of course I use my laptop much less often then my desktop so it's possibly not a good example.

Edit: Okay, scratch that. I'm on my laptop right now and I'm getting TONS of them. So, I guess it is a site problem, since my laptop is way faster than my desktop and shouldn't have a problem handling the multiple connections.

This post has been edited by Jade: Aug 12 2010, 06:39 AM

--------------------
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Patchouli
post Aug 13 2010, 01:16 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 355

Bark bark

QUOTE(ShatteredGlass @ Aug 7 2010, 01:17 AM) *
I do believe it's a site-wide problem. I got them quite a bit while I was clicking tonight. Also, I don't know if it's the same thing that's causing it, but sometimes when I try to go on a certain thread in the forums, it always redirects me to the main page of the forums.

I get these forum errors too as well as the frequent 403's. It's most likely a site problem.

--------------------

Hurr.
+Quote Post

Whoot Virus
post Aug 17 2010, 03:56 PM
Post #20

Whatever
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 63 881

Who knows...

same prob, but i got them at most on multiplier-days

different pc/laptop and browsers but the prob is the same =.=

I hope this will find a end very soon :>

--------------------

Be my Disciple!

Goals (upd. 18th June) (click to show)

KantoShinyQuest 58|85 (click to show)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:28 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.