Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Increasing # of shelter grabs/removing them completely?
mxgrieves
post Jul 24 2010, 02:59 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 42 741

Active Squad

This is something that came into my mind today, and has been annoying me for quite some time.

I interacted ~5000 times a few days ago, and I haven't clicked in a while. That's really not a large amount for me. Usually, a good day is ~15,000. I went through the total amount of shelter grabs fairly quickly. After that, there's really not much I could do. I have pretty much all Pokemon and novelties (besides Latias and a good number of event legendaries), and hunting for shinies is all I could do. Depending on their rarity, I may not see them in the lab at all. My clicking is hindered by that. I know this may sound a little selfish, but because mass-clicking is so easy nowadays, maybe we should increase the number? Even the shelter passes (I have all of them) isn't enough for me. Am I just being picky?

(On a side-note, I never noticed this before because I used to block ads on the site, so my interactions may have been high, my maturity gains were low, and the limit never bothered me.)

Some solutions?

-I'm not sure about this one, but maybe an account upgrade that lets you grab one shiny hunt Pokemon an infinite amount of times in the shelter? 20,000 points, and it only lasts until you complete the shiny hunt Pokemon. You'll have to buy it again for another shiny hunt Pokemon.

-Just increase the base total?

-Add more shelter passes?

-Make shelter passes add more to the total?

-Remove the limit completely?

I'm sure there are some problems with this, and you may or may not agree with this, but I'm curious about your opinions (especially the staff's).

This post has been edited by MisterGrieves: Jul 24 2010, 03:12 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Sussie
post Jul 24 2010, 03:35 PM
Post #2

TippyToes McWhisperson
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 493

I herd u leik me

I like that Shiny Hunt thing idea a lot o.o!

What I could suggest would be some sort of...Shelter takes increase with Daily Clicks o.o for example..every 5k/10k clicks you gain some more shelter takes ._.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jul 24 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

I suggested in the old thread that we who run out of sheltergrabs can be allowed to pick eggs from the amounts that are overflowing from the shelter, as anything over 100 will be deleted every hour. The point of limits on sheltergrabs are to prevent active users to grab all the stuff in front of the not so active users. But when some eggs are deleted anyway, I can't see why we can't be allowed to pick eggs out of there.

I also support any other way to give me more sheltergrabs for my shinyhunts, as I try to hunt for eggs that are easy to find I need to get more of them.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jul 24 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #4

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Or possibly, when you get say, 15000 interactions, you get say, 3-5 more shelter adopts?

Every 15000 interactions you get an extra 3-5 shelter adopts or so?

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Jul 24 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 355

Current HeatGold team

QUOTE(Immersion @ Jul 24 2010, 04:38 PM) *
Or possibly, when you get say, 15000 interactions, you get say, 3-5 more shelter adopts?

I don't think that would be enough. Maybe every 5,000 or so?

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

QUOTE(5 Gum @ Nov 9 2010, 05:59 PM) *
If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

mxgrieves
post Jul 24 2010, 06:02 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Thanks for the input. The suggestion you guys came up with can be another solution, too.

An hour and a half into clicking, I have no shelter grabs left :P

This post has been edited by MisterGrieves: Jul 24 2010, 06:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Icicle
post Jul 24 2010, 07:30 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 18 407

Active Squad

QUOTE(Swampert rox @ Jul 24 2010, 06:57 PM) *

15,000.. not enough..? Surely you mean "too much"? Because 5,000 is less than 15,000... therefore making it too easy to obtain more shelter grabs by that method.

I personally like the idea for people out of shelter grabs to be able to only obtain pokemon that are over flowing the shelter. I also support having an extra 5 or 6 grabs (just random numbers here) for any of your four (counting races, of course) hunts and for those only.

This post has been edited by Icicle: Jul 24 2010, 07:31 PM

--------------------

flight rising: IcicleKurai | Twitch: icicledust
twitter: icicledust_ | instagram: incendiary.wit
+Quote Post

Manticore
post Jul 25 2010, 02:19 AM
Post #8

The Manticore
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 532

Burds4Manti

QUOTE(Icicle @ Jul 24 2010, 08:30 PM) *
QUOTE(Swampert rox @ Jul 24 2010, 06:57 PM) *

15,000.. not enough..? Surely you mean "too much"? Because 5,000 is less than 15,000... therefore making it too easy to obtain more shelter grabs by that method.

I personally like the idea for people out of shelter grabs to be able to only obtain pokemon that are over flowing the shelter. I also support having an extra 5 or 6 grabs (just random numbers here) for any of your four (counting races, of course) hunts and for those only.

I think he meant the ratio of 3-5:15,000, that wouldn't be a high enough ratio and is a smaller ratio than 3-5:5,000.

I think these are pretty good ideas. Maybe a different kind of shelter pass for hunt pokes. Same rules as the pass, but only applies to Pokemon you're hunting.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mad as a Hatter
post Jul 25 2010, 02:31 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 62 297

Active Squad

Yes, I agree. I try to use the lab more often, but sometimes 30 minutes of clicking gives me no hunt pokeymans so I need to use the shelter.

Maybe a shine recorder update? Like, you pay 20k for buying the update, then 5k for every type of pokemon?(max 3 hunted pokemon at a time)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Saki234
post Jul 25 2010, 08:13 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 71 248

Active Squad

I just want to throw my support in for this. especially if you're shiny hunting three difference species at once, the hunts go incredibly slow when the most you can take of any one species in a normal day is 26 (or less if you split it between the two or three you're hunting). I might find a couple later on in the lab, but really nothing significant. for the most part, I hatch the eggs I'm hunting early in the morning, and then by a couple hours after reset or so, I'm done with that and have to settle with random lab eggs the rest of the day.

--------------------
My Party:

+Quote Post

ForeverGone
post Jul 25 2010, 09:14 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 48 080

Moon's Rangers

Waiting for an official something to be instated, i suggest you only pick in the Shelter what you know you can't find in the Lab (Rares and such), even if it means having to browse the Lab for a few minutes, knowing the egg you want is in the Shelter. Given that it will keep you some grabs for the rarer eggs, overall it should hinder your clicking much less...

Aw, several lines-sentence... My apologies if i lost the grammar along the way. >____<

--------------------
Member of :

+Quote Post

Crystal Shards
post Jul 25 2010, 10:30 AM
Post #12

Iced Out
Group Icon

Member No.: 250

Favorites

The only one I would back is the shiny hunt one. The limits are there for a reason, and I mean the limit if you have all shelter passes is like 26 isn't it? That's already pretty a high limit.

--------------------
Administrator of Mercury Ice Forums

I click full party even after you switch out Pokemon.

DieHard GameFAN
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jul 26 2010, 03:12 AM
Post #13

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

QUOTE(Crystal Shards @ Jul 25 2010, 05:30 PM) *
The only one I would back is the shiny hunt one. The limits are there for a reason, and I mean the limit if you have all shelter passes is like 26 isn't it? That's already pretty a high limit.

26 is 4 full parties + 2 more grabs, which isn't really much.

Btw, yesterday I ran out of sheltergrabs 2 and a half hour after reset, and then started picking lab eggs, idk how many I ended up hatching, but I'm sure it was around 130 eggs.

You see that my record for hatched eggs is from the first day of the shiny swinub hunt, all because you could grab as many as you wanted could hatch.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Crystal Shards
post Jul 26 2010, 09:13 AM
Post #14

Iced Out
Group Icon

Member No.: 250

Favorites

That's enough for most people, really. If you're in the, like, 1-5% that actually uses it up, then I guess good for you?

I dunno, I mean I really like the Shiny Hunt idea, because especially when hunting for things like Magikarp, it's... tough to say the least... to get anywhere since they hatch so fast. But... I dunno I mean obviously I wouldn't be upset if the numbers increased, I just don't really see the point, and I see the point of limiting it. So...

--------------------
Administrator of Mercury Ice Forums

I click full party even after you switch out Pokemon.

DieHard GameFAN
+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Jul 26 2010, 02:09 PM
Post #15

This one does not have time for your solid waste excretions.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 22 312

Team Awesomecakes

Anything to increase the ability to use the shelter would be great. So often I find myself with one last shelter pick (I try never to use the last one just in case) and there are no eggs in the lab for any of my hunts at all.

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
+Quote Post

Retrospect
post Jul 26 2010, 02:43 PM
Post #16

Back from the dead... sort of.
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 279

Active Squad

I don't think it should be unlimited (since there needs to be some reason to log on tomorrow), but I do think something should be done to help the ultra active site members. I really like the Shiny Hunt item idea, and I wouldn't be opposed to a few extra grabs based on daily interactions. Something like one extra grab per 3.5k interactions or something.

--------------------
+Quote Post

ProfessorAnthony
post Jul 26 2010, 02:46 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 101 186

Active Squad

and I wouldn't be opposed to a few extra grabs based on daily interactions. Something like one extra grab per 3.5k interactions or something.

^^ Good idea! 1 extra grab per 3.5k interactions! I like it! Or maybe you can purchase something that allows that to happen.

--------------------

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me! "
+Quote Post

mxgrieves
post Jul 26 2010, 03:40 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Thanks for all the input, again. It seems the most widely supported ideas are the account upgrade which lets you grab one shiny hunt Pokemon an infinite (or a large number, say 100) from the shelter, until you complete the shiny hunt OR your shelter grabs increase depending on your daily total of interactions.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jul 26 2010, 03:43 PM
Post #19

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Mommy Dearest @ Jul 26 2010, 08:09 PM) *
Anything to increase the ability to use the shelter would be great. So often I find myself with one last shelter pick (I try never to use the last one just in case) and there are no eggs in the lab for any of my hunts at all.

100% Agree with this. My case as-well sad.gif

QUOTE( Mister Grieves)
Thanks for all the input, again. It seems the most widely supported ideas are the account upgrade which lets you grab one shiny hunt Pokemon an infinite (or a large number, say 100) from the shelter, until you complete the shiny hunt OR your shelter grabs increase depending on your daily total of interactions.

I'd say 100 would be pretty decent yes, and until you've completed your shiny hunt... I agree.

but I still like my idea of a few more shelter grabs depending on daily interactions happy.gif

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Jul 26 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #20

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

The only one out of any of these ideas I agree with is adding extra grabs based on daily Interactions.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:22 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.