Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
New Donation System
Slix
post Oct 10 2012, 04:11 PM
Post #21

Poliwag Awesome Dude
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 17 353

Poliwag!

I think I'll leave my donor status as it was, I really don't like ads and the benefits don't really do it for me, so whatever. :P I'm glad to see a new donations system that helps everyone and helps the site though!

This post has been edited by Slix: Oct 12 2012, 05:51 PM

--------------------

Looking for a small, close, friendly community where you can hang out, talk about Pokémon and anything, and have fun?
Check out Poliwager Forums!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Manticore
post Oct 10 2012, 04:12 PM
Post #22

The Manticore
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 532

Burds4Manti

QUOTE(Chrome @ Oct 10 2012, 05:09 PM) *
So basically, you're letting every single user (with the exception of donors) on this site get the benefits of plus effects we buy with our own hard earned money? That sounds like something Obama would do...and I'm not a huge fan of sharing the wealth. And the effects seem like way too big, doubling pass orbs and all that for 3 DAYS.

Could we nerf some of these plus effects?

*facepalm*

Then don't buy any. If you want a game where you can buy your way to the top, go play Pokefarm.

Also the only people who don't get the benefits are people who stay with the old donation system's perks.

This post has been edited by Manticore: Oct 10 2012, 04:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Oct 10 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #23

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

QUOTE(Eucharistica @ Oct 10 2012, 05:06 PM) *
So if I was to upgrade to this new donation thingy, would I still keep the + at the beginning of my name? That's all I care about at the moment really, lol. This sounds pretty awesome though so once I get money and my question answered I will most likely switch over.

That is correct. Your user group will remain unchanged; you're essentially trading hiding the advertisements for the bonuses.

QUOTE(Manah @ Oct 10 2012, 05:07 PM) *
Aside from all the stuff about the system itself: Could you move the Plus tab button somewhere else? I understand you want to make it as eye-catching as possible (at least for now), but to be honest, the way it is now suggests that it's more important than the Main page. In the long run this will probably get a little annoying.

Maybe eventually, but for now we want it to have prominence over the other pages. I don't really feel like putting it at the bottom, and the accented colouring would look weird in the middle, imo.

QUOTE(ThunderMoss @ Oct 10 2012, 05:08 PM) *
I think this is a good plan.

I donated a long time ago to support the site and hide the ads. Will the ads return once my "credits" expire?

That is correct, yup yup.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Kaiii
Post #24

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 89 021

Awesomeness

For a moment I thought it would this would be something that would only benefit the ones who purchase. This is so much better

Faith in GPX+ restored happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

thunderpelt299
Post #25

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 167 047

Active Squad

I love donating stuff to websites and people or events but truth is i dont have a pay pal or a credit/debit card im too young and my dad says that we... eehhemm they dont pay for free games so i'm truly sorry i cant be of help for the donations sadnod.gif but i hope you get the money you need for the website happy.gif
+Quote Post

Chrome
post Oct 10 2012, 04:16 PM
Post #26

Catch me if you can.
Group Icon

Member No.: 168 510

Active Squad

QUOTE(Manticore @ Oct 10 2012, 05:12 PM) *
So basically, you're letting every single user (with the exception of donors) on this site get the benefits of plus effects we buy with our own hard earned money? That sounds like something Obama would do...and I'm not a huge fan of sharing the wealth. And the effects seem like way too big, doubling pass orbs and all that for 3 DAYS.

*facepalm*

Then don't buy any. If you want a game where you can buy your way to the top, go play Pokefarm.

I didn't necessarily say I didn't like it, I said nerf the effects since it's lasting 3 days for EVERYONE.
I like working hard for things not "buying my way to the top" as you you put it.

--------------------

↓ These shiny Pokemon wants you to click these ↓

GPX+ Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Special K
post Oct 10 2012, 04:16 PM
Post #27

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

QUOTE(Big Bidoof @ Oct 10 2012, 04:55 PM) *
Users who contributed under the old system will be able to keep their existing perks, or upgrade to the new system and receive the new ones (and in addition, a free bonus of 15 Credits as a thank you for your continued support!). All users, regardless of when they've contributed, will continue to have a separate user group.

How exactly do I tell it that I want to switch to the new system (other than... donating to it)? And what's this about 15 free credits? :P I know.. I should have waited till all the kinks were ironed out... but I read the whole page & already had been on paypal for something else, so I got excited! :P No 15 credit bonus though xD Am I reading that wrong?
+Quote Post

Pyotr
post Oct 10 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #28

Sugar Content
Group Icon

Member No.: 143 069

Unown

I love to see GPX+ getting better and better (after having some experiences with games growing worse with time...)! This is awesome. It hurts my heart that I can't donate at the moment, but the whole Plus counter thing is pretty cool, it's so sweet that you stress being fair with everyone, making sure everyone will have the same benefits (which is also difficult to see...).

You go, Glen Coco staff!

Just one small question, in these Plus days, will the Backroom be open?

This post has been edited by Synchronize: Oct 10 2012, 04:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Manticore
post Oct 10 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #29

The Manticore
Group Icon

Burds4Manti

QUOTE(Chrome @ Oct 10 2012, 05:16 PM) *
QUOTE(Manticore @ Oct 10 2012, 05:12 PM) *

*facepalm*

I didn't necessarily say I didn't like it, I said nerf the effects since it's lasting 3 days for EVERYONE.
I like working hard for things not "buying my way to the top" as you you put it.

If you like working hard for it, get to clicking.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mysticman89
post Oct 10 2012, 04:18 PM
Post #30

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 143 685

Active Squad

Sweets+ and Honey+ allow you to use the respective item as many times as you like. I thought there wasn't a daily limit on using those items?

Or do those perks mean that you won't use up a honey/sweet when you use them while the effect is active?

Also, can multiple plus's be active at the same time?
+Quote Post

Spoovo The Pirat...
post Oct 10 2012, 04:19 PM
Post #31

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 235

Team RAWR!

So now that the old system's defunct, can we ask what its perks were, exactly?

(Other than the obvious usergroup change... thing)

--------------------

I WRITE FANFICS!

It's All In The Genes

Moonlight

Please read and review! cat.gif
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Oct 10 2012, 04:20 PM
Post #32

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Rafiki @ Oct 10 2012, 05:16 PM) *
Users who contributed under the old system will be able to keep their existing perks, or upgrade to the new system and receive the new ones (and in addition, a free bonus of 15 Credits as a thank you for your continued support!). All users, regardless of when they've contributed, will continue to have a separate user group.

How exactly do I tell it that I want to switch to the new system (other than... donating to it)? And what's this about 15 free credits? :P I know.. I should have waited till all the kinks were ironed out... but I read the whole page & already had been on paypal for something else, so I got excited! :P No 15 credit bonus though xD Am I reading that wrong?

There's an area at the top of the Plus page where you should be able to do it.

QUOTE(Synchronize @ Oct 10 2012, 05:17 PM) *
I love to see GPX+ getting better and better (after having some experiences with games growing worse with time...)! This is awesome. It hurts my heart that I can't donate at the moment, but the whole Plus counter thing is pretty cool, it's so sweet that you stress being fair with everyone, making sure everyone will have the same benefits (which is also difficult to see...).

You go, Glen Coco staff!

Just one small question, in these Plus days, will the Backroom be open?

The Backroom only closes if there's a sale in the shop, so it will remain open (unless it coincides with Aurora, Pass Counter, or any special event on which we have a sale), yup yup.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Snowsky
post Oct 10 2012, 04:20 PM
Post #33

Malachite pride~
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 905

Team Nando!

Even if I can't buy Credits, I'm very glad the bonuses will help everyone. happy.gif

--------------------

i dream in verdant and emerald

+Quote Post

Manticore
post Oct 10 2012, 04:21 PM
Post #34

The Manticore
Group Icon

Burds4Manti

Also, just checking, if old donors switch over, do we get the 90 days of no ads with our 15 credits, or no?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Eucharistica
Post #35

Flooooon
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 832

Active Squad

QUOTE(Rafiki @ Oct 10 2012, 10:16 PM) *

It just asked me to switch over from the old system by going to the Plus page. You should also have 15 credits like I did. As well as everyone else that donated previously.

--------------------

19th Dec, 2011 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Teen Bulma
Post #36

Survival Horror addict
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 002

Favs

Holy cow these perks! I really like that it benefits everybody happy.gif

--------------------
Shinies (click to show)

+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Oct 10 2012, 04:22 PM
Post #37

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Mysticman89 @ Oct 10 2012, 05:18 PM) *
Sweets+ and Honey+ allow you to use the respective item as many times as you like. I thought there wasn't a daily limit on using those items?

Or do those perks mean that you won't use up a honey/sweet when you use them while the effect is active?

Also, can multiple plus's be active at the same time?

For Honey+ and Sweet+, you'll essentially have an unlimited number of the respective item for the day.

Nope. The counters are frozen for the three day period once one maxes out.

QUOTE(Spoovo The Pirate @ Oct 10 2012, 05:19 PM) *
So now that the old system's defunct, can we ask what its perks were, exactly?

(Other than the obvious usergroup change... thing)

Hiding the advertisements. That was it, yup yup.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Oct 10 2012, 04:22 PM
Post #38

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Well this is certainly interesting.

Back in the day when advertisments hindered clicking, it was a problem, but with the new site I hardly doubt there's going to be that much of a change (at least, I presume there won't be)

I won't switch just yet. Gonna re-read the first post a few times, look around the pages first. Seems pretty promising, and it's nice that you're able to do this. happy.gif

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Oct 10 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #39

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Chrome @ Oct 10 2012, 04:09 PM) *
That sounds like something Obama would do...and I'm not a huge fan of sharing the wealth.

This is not a place to try to spark a political argument. Take it somewhere else, please.

QUOTE(Big Bidoof @ Oct 10 2012, 04:20 PM) *
QUOTE(Rafiki @ Oct 10 2012, 05:16 PM) *

There's an area at the top of the Plus page where you should be able to do it.

I'm not seeing anything like that anywhere on the page (except, of course, the button to actually donate). There's a big red "Help make the site better..." banner, but nothing in it appears to be clickable. Other than that, nothing stands out as a possible switch-to-the-new-system button... Could this have something to do with the fact that I donated $10 back before the adblocking amount was raised to $20?

This post has been edited by pumpkinking0192: Oct 10 2012, 04:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kelleo
post Oct 10 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #40

Prepare yourself.
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 898

Favorite Pokemon

I mentioned this earlier, but no one responded to it.

Can someone tell me why the Plus tab remains selected even when you're viewing a different tab? This is kind of bugging me...

--------------------

My art thread. Click on my eggs and Pokemon and I may click yours too. ^^
And don't forget, Keldeo is the most adorable pony Pokemon ever. cat.gif
+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:36 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.