Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Divide and Conquer, OR "Can't See the Forest While You Flee!"
Master Houndoom
post Apr 4 2010, 12:41 AM
Post #1

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

It has begun! (click to show)

"And then, Jaima's mother comes home, and no one's there. Well, she's in a towering fury, she says, but she goes out to the back yard, and there they are, with a blanket draped over the clothesline, roasting marshmallows over Ember's behind!"

Tuesday and Meiko burst into fits of girlish laughter, and Jaima smiled, slightly flushed. Darryn also smiled, almost a smirk. "I've heard that before."

Meiko grinned at him, then back at Jaima, winking and pointing at him. Jaima raised a brow, then gave a smirk of his own.

"Well, this one is new to you. It's Meiko's 8th birthday, and it's supposed to be a surprise party..."

Meiko gasped. "Noooooo," she wailed, reaching for Jaima, who dodged nimbly.

The story never actually got told, but things were learned by the traveling companions. For example, Tuesday and Darryn learned that Jaima was actually ticklish, and that Meiko knew where, and vice versa. Meiko and Jaima learned that one should not get into a tickle war while there was a certain mischievous riolu around.

No one understood exactly how it happened, or where Zorro had gotten the rope, but before it could be stopped, Jaima and Meiko had ended up with their hands tied behind the other's back, facing each other, wide eyed and blinking in surprise.

With a laugh, Tuesday scolded Zorro, Darryn moved to untie the pair, and Meiko took the opportunity to drop a kiss on Jaima's nose.

The camp was set up with now expected efficiency, and supper had been eaten. The four trainers lounged around the fire, sleepy eyed, several pokemon (several being twenty, but no one was counting) lounging in different groups, and smiling. The previous leg of their journey, which had ended with the group taking refuge with Tuesday's uncle, had provided a time of rejuvenation, and the group had fallen into a kind of contentment that was the aim of many people, the kind of contentment one would love to look back in their life and say they could feel for the majority of it. The kind of contentment that, usually, preceded a storm or quake.

There was talking, and laughter, and soon the wishes of good nights. The morning would bring more travel, and perhaps a practice battle, but for now, sleep was called for.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 7 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #2

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

Tuesday woke up abruptly, her head pounding in tune with her heartbeat and just as powerfully, some beast trapped inside punching the inside of her cranium. She let out a soft gasp and grabbed her head, curling up into a ball as tears immediately came to her eyes. When trying to recollect the sensation she’d had just before finding Cosette, she couldn’t accurately bring it to mind, but here it was again, only far more powerfully than it had been before. She was sure that, any moment, her head would split open. If only it would happen sooner and make the headache leave.

The compulsion to run, to escape, was sudden and prominent in her mind. Tuesday’s eyes flashed open, as golden as Eldorado, though she could not tell as much. All she knew was that, for just an instant, the headache vanished and her consciousness seemed to touch on something… else. Something more than what she usually noted when she was thinking. She did not know what it was, other than that it was both foreign and familiar, and then the feeling was gone, the headache was back, and the tent split open on the side opposite the entrance and Zorro stepped through the hole.

He bore a concerned look on his face, worry gleaming in his golden eyes, and Tuesday didn’t even think of admonishing him for ripping the tent. In a moment, she had grabbed his pokeball – she couldn’t even remember where she had put it – and recalled him. Pulling on her sneakers and not bothering to tie them, she grabbed her messenger bag and slung it over her shoulder, before slipping Zorro’s pokeball into a pocket in the side of her shirt.

She let out a cry of surprise and pain when someone gruffly grabbed her by the hair and yanked her head back. She found herself staring into a set of cruel eyes belonging to an older man with a snide grin on his face.

“Now, now, we can’t have that.” He grabbed Zorro’s pokeball out of her hand, his grip never releasing her hair. There were tears running down Tuesday’s cheeks from the combined pain of her hair being pulled and the headache, though the latter was the far worse pain. The man ignored her pain without remorse and tightened his grip, twisting his hand to wrap the strands around his fist. “You’ve been a naughty little bitch, haven’t you.”

Before Tuesday could open her mouth to say… something – let me go, why are you doing this, stop hurting me – she didn’t know what, the man had stepped out of the tent entrance and yanked Tuesday behind.
Tuesday let out a cry of pain as she was gruffly pulled by her long curls, even as she stumbled and lost her footing. She whimpered low, crying, and the man yanked her sharply and shoved her forward.

“Hey! Let her go!”

The grip on Tuesday’s hair released and she collapsed to her hands and knees on the ground, sobbing and clutching her head, as a tall form moved past her. Jaima’s arm pulled back before he had reached his destination and his fist rushed forward, slamming directly into the face of Tuesday’s tormentor.

The man jerked back with a muffled cry and a curse, his hands flashing up to cup his face as blood began to spurt from his nose.

In an instant, the gun in the leader’s hand moved to point directly at Jaima’s face. “My move.”

There was a sharp, barking snarl that mixed with a cry of fright, as Ashleigh broke fear of the man holding him and lunged forward. Leaping, his entire body slammed into the gunman’s as his large fangs sank into the man’s arm.

The man howled in pain as the houndoom snarled, sinking his fangs deeper, and he brought the butt of the pistol down, hitting Ashleigh sharply between the eyes. The large dogreleased his grip with a yelp and collapsed to the ground, jerking in pain.

“Ashleigh!” Tuesday cried.

“Shut up, all of you!” the gunman shouted, waving the pistol around with his bloody arm. He pointed the gun at Tuesday. “Do not speak again,” he ordered. Tuesday whimpered, ducking low, and nodded almost imperceptibly. “I want all of the pokemon in their pokeballs and all of the pokeballs there!” He pointed at a point on the ground between the four other men, where a series of pokeballs were already piled. “Anyone who disobeys gets to watch as I start shooting.”

Tuesday shivered as she sat on the ground, legs folded under her, clutching her head. She kept trying to calm her breathing, but her headache had evolved from simply pounding to sending sharp pains through her skull, as though someone was stabbing her repeatedly with a needle in the head. The light of the distant fire made her eyes ache and colors seemed to dance in front of her. She whimpered involuntarily in pain.

“Shut up!”

“Tuesy, are you okay?”

“I said NO TALKING!”

Tuesday ducked her head, her eyes squeezed shut as she shook her head from side to side. No, no, she wasn’t okay. She wasn’t okay at all.

OOC (click to show)

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Apr 7 2010, 04:53 PM
Post #3

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

<Trainer Darryn!>

<Prince Darryn!>

“Woooah!” Darryn sat bolt upright in the tent, his head brushing hard against the low, angled ceiling. He blinked away his momentary blindness in the dark and coughed, rinsing the stars out from his eyes with a few generous squeezes of his eyelids.

<Lady! Don’t do that!> He berated the Vulpix from within his tent, annoyed since his involuntarily sudden movement had woken Eggheart and the baby’s little face immediately turned grumpy. Darryn licked his dry lips. <And why-> He paused. <Mercury?>

<There are men!>

<Danger, Prince Darryn!>

“Aww crap!” The Co-ordinator hissed to himself, tugging on a baggy hooded sweatshirt and fumbling around for his Pokeballs. Eggheart’s grumpy face turned to a confused face, her arms waving for Darryn to pick her up. He did so, not too gently which supplied him with a curt'PI!', and stuffed her up the sweater just before the tent door was ripped open.

“Out.” Came the cold, hard order.

Darryn obeyed swiftly, his hands completely empty. The shadowed man indicated for Darryn to move to where he could hear the others near the main campfire site and stooped to rummage in the tent. The Pokeball belt was the first thing he found.

“Hey!” Darryn took a step forward. A gun rose to point at his face.

“Back off, pretty boy.” The man sneered, his command instantly taking effect. Darryn’s skin ran cold as ice as he moved away and toward the group. Lady was watching him approach with concerned eyes which hid little, if any, amount of anger that was boiling in her.

Where Darryn found the others, he also found a great deal of fear. They had been through a lot before but armed men?! With guns?! This was off the scale. Dark shapes were also presenet nearby – a clear indication that these men had Pokemon back-up. Darryn knew he would regret it later but he also knew that his other sight would be able to tell him a lot more of what was going on. He surrendered to the emotaglows and read them at speed.

He had never expected the colour of fear to be blue but that was what it was – the sort of blue that made up the shadows on icy landscapes and made you want to shiver even if you were completely warm. The woods were practically brimming with it with so many humans and Pokemon nearby but other colours broke through, too. A lot of angry red, malicious purple and tired green swam around the edges of Darryn vision and then there was Tuesday. Darryn gulped.

“Tuesy, are you okay?” Jaima asked, his presence seeming to surround her completely like a protective shield.

“I said NO TALKING!” One of the men roared, waving a gun menacingly at them.

<Lady?> Darryn avoided his vocal chords. <Tuesday’s in a lot of pain – what’s going on?>

<They dragged her by the fur on her head.> Lady responded immediately, not moving closer to Darryn from her spot next to Mercury. They were positioned very close to one another, Shadow towering over them both. <And her… abilities are causing a lot of trouble for her.>

<How is everyone else? Are they->

“Haha! That kid pissed himself!” There was harsh laughter as the men pointed at Darryn and sniggered. Darryn looked down at himself. A growing patch of dark was spreading out on his crotch, covering him with hot, itchy dampness.

“It’s not piss!” Darryn retorted, trying to cover himself up with his arms. “I just… I just…” He looked around for inspiration. He could hardly tell everyone that Eggheart had been the one to wet herself as that would just give her over to the men… Meiko’s eyes caught him from across the campfire. “I rolled on some eggs on the way out of the tent… yeah… the eggs were in my tent.”

“YOU ROLLED ON THE EGGS?!” Meiko gasped, starting to move towards him. A gun was aimed her way almost instantly.

“Er… yeah? The eggs were in my tent but don’t worry – I managed to save a few…” Darryn looked at her pointedly. Meiko’s frown was still intent. “You don’t need to worry about the eggs, though. You know how much I like them in my belly.” He patted his sweater flat for the briefest of moments, showing off his newly grown pot-belly. Meiko blinked.

“Oh, riiight!” She nodded slowly. “I’m glad we still have some eggs… You know how much I love eggs.” The last bit carried a hint of a threat that may have well said 'hurt my eggs and I'll hurt your face'. Even so, her Emotaglow waved pink momentarily. Relief. Darryn nodded slightly to her.

“Damn, SHUT UP!” The man with the gun had been watching the entire exchange, paralysed by what he was hearing. Now, however, he just looked confused and annoyed. “All Pokemon in their balls!” He used his gun to point at a spot on the ground where all of the Pokeballs were collated near his flunkies. “The red-head first.”

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Master Houndoom   Divide and Conquer   Apr 4 2010, 12:41 AM
Wolf Heart   “Es a hole in el bucket, el bucket, el bucket. Es ...   Apr 4 2010, 07:55 PM
Living Arrow   Darryn flipped the pages of his portfolio slowly, ...   Apr 5 2010, 11:10 AM
Master Houndoom   Fang snorted, disgruntled. His chance to have the ...   Apr 5 2010, 05:01 PM
Master Houndoom   They could now see four people beyong the intense ...   Apr 7 2010, 09:29 PM
Wolf Heart   She had not foreseen this. Cassandra stood in th...   Apr 7 2010, 11:08 PM
Living Arrow   Darryn rose up into the air with frightening veloc...   Apr 8 2010, 11:40 AM
Master Houndoom   One would think that, with the droning of a yanmeg...   Apr 8 2010, 03:07 PM
Wolf Heart   Tuesday stumbled for the third time, the sharp tho...   Apr 8 2010, 06:08 PM
Living Arrow   The Repeat Ball crashed open, mysteriously activat...   Apr 9 2010, 04:09 PM
Master Houndoom   Meiko sat up with a gasp. Blinking, she looked aro...   Apr 10 2010, 01:25 AM
Wolf Heart   “This is the stupidest thing you’ve ever done,” Tu...   Apr 10 2010, 09:25 PM
Living Arrow   “Trust my flaming luck!” Darryn moaned, foldin...   Apr 11 2010, 12:46 PM
Master Houndoom   Jaima pressed the button on the premier ball. He w...   Apr 12 2010, 03:43 PM
Wolf Heart   The red eyes bounced in the darkness, glowing fier...   Apr 12 2010, 09:13 PM
Living Arrow   “Hey!” Darryn rubbed his hair, making sure to ...   Apr 14 2010, 02:28 PM
Master Houndoom   Having shoes on made travel much, much faster. Mei...   Apr 15 2010, 03:50 PM
Wolf Heart   “Ashleigh!” The houndoom let out a yelp as he...   Apr 20 2010, 12:50 AM
Living Arrow   “Piii…” Static energy crackled and sparked off th...   Apr 27 2010, 12:18 PM
Master Houndoom   QUOTEThe call came in at a late hour, but even tha...   May 2 2010, 02:50 AM
Wolf Heart   The crackling of a small fire belied a sense of no...   May 5 2010, 07:27 PM
Living Arrow   Darryn ran on, coughing hard as smoke invaded his ...   May 9 2010, 11:33 AM
Master Houndoom   Two pokemon, a marshtomp and a charmeleon, stood o...   May 11 2010, 04:44 PM
Wolf Heart   A sense of worry had come over Tuesday. For most p...   May 13 2010, 12:54 AM
Living Arrow   “Shadow!” Darryn screamed, the silhouette of t...   May 16 2010, 03:30 PM
Master Houndoom   A small procession walked in the shadows of the tr...   May 18 2010, 01:43 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   The headache came on so quickly, so abruptly, and ...   Jun 3 2010, 12:00 AM
Living Arrow   “Ok, November.” Darryn signalled the Rapidash to s...   Jun 7 2010, 04:40 PM
Master Houndoom   “Come, ma petite, do not be so stubborn. Eet...   Jun 11 2010, 11:54 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   It was hard to tell whether or not Desertdancer wa...   Jun 13 2010, 01:13 AM
Living Arrow   <Who are you?> The voice pervaded the darkn...   Jun 13 2010, 04:39 PM
Master Houndoom   M-r--ry?! Is a-yo-e out there?! Trainer D...   Jun 15 2010, 03:44 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   He was accustomed to the feeling of fire in his ch...   Jun 23 2010, 02:13 PM
Living Arrow   “For one that is meant to levitate, you do a...   Jun 26 2010, 01:58 PM
Master Houndoom   Jaima trudged on, the girl he was with behind him....   Jun 28 2010, 11:36 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Ashleigh sat on the ground much calmer than before...   Jun 30 2010, 10:33 PM
Living Arrow   “Faster, November!” Darryn clung low to the R...   Jul 6 2010, 12:27 PM
Master Houndoom   Jaima's feet hurt. He had been barefoot since ...   Jul 9 2010, 04:16 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   “Something is bothering the runt.” Odysseus glanc...   Jul 20 2010, 12:38 AM
Living Arrow   <But Lady…> <No, Prince Darryn.> The ...   Jul 20 2010, 03:45 PM
Master Houndoom   Jaima had taken his time, hugging each and every o...   Jul 23 2010, 03:51 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   When the attacking pokemon began to move in, multi...   Jul 26 2010, 01:23 AM
Living Arrow   <Everyone, listen to me.> Darryn’s thought-s...   Aug 24 2010, 04:42 PM
Master Houndoom   Jaima's hands were shaking. Since the ambush, ...   Sep 13 2010, 11:09 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Hidden under the fallen foliage of a battle-scarre...   Sep 19 2010, 03:30 AM
Living Arrow   His breath burned like the fires of hell in his th...   Sep 20 2010, 04:46 PM
Master Houndoom   For a moment, Jaima thought it was over. He would ...   Sep 25 2010, 09:48 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   It was in a moment when there was nothing around h...   Sep 26 2010, 12:33 AM
Living Arrow   Darryn had arrived just in time… It seemed. As the...   Sep 27 2010, 12:43 PM
Master Houndoom   Jaima's head was pounding by the time the stee...   Sep 28 2010, 09:55 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Odysseus had kept himself as out-of-the-way as pos...   Sep 30 2010, 02:11 AM

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:10 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.