Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
December Events
Zerxer
post Nov 28 2021, 12:03 AM
Post #1

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Hello all! I've been extremely busy between being a new father and now a new homeowner, so I apologize if I haven't been as active lately, and for the brevity of this post.

First of all, to those who observe it, Hanukkah Sameach!

This evening is the start of Hanukkah, which ends in the evening of December 6th. Normally we have our Hanukkah event overlap it, but because it begins before December, I hope everyone is OK with it being delayed a few days.

I have two main reasons for this: 1) the SWSH is wrapping up, so everyone is focusing on Deerling; 2) we promised that the prize shop from the last event would remain active through the end of November.

With that in mind, the Hanukkah event will begin December 1st and run through December 12th, giving it 12 days like previous years. It will use the new event system, with the prize shop available to everyone, rather than the leaderboard-style of previous years. The dreidel will be active, so besides earning a coin for nearly every event Pokémon you hatch, you will be able to gamble your coins before spending them for a chance at winning more. You will also earn 15 coins for each Scavenger Hunt task completed.

For this year, since it is a Festival of Lights, the theme will be some Pokémon that glow in some way.

The Hanukkah event
  • Begins: Tuesday, November 30th at 11:55pm EST (site reset), which is two nights after Hanukkah begins.
  • Ends: Sunday, December 12th at 11:55pm EST (site reset), which is six nights after Hanukkah ends.
Event Pokémon to hatch (click to show)

We may add more on to this list before or after the event begins.

Scavenger Hunt
This month's Scavenger Hunt will also begin on Tuesday, November 30th at 11:55pm EST (site reset) and will end on Wednesday, December 15th at 11:55pm EST (site reset), but you'll only earn 15 coins for completing a task until the Hanukkah event ends (see above end date and time). So for December, the hunt will run in the first half of the month, starting immediately after this month's SWSH ends.

Explorations
The two Christmas explorations, "The Twelve Days of Christmas" and "Secret of Christmas", have always been activated and will run through the end of the month, unless we continue to forget to disable them.

Secret Santa Exchange
Deposits will be open sometime on Wednesday the 22nd and will last thru Saturday the 25th, with the exchange itself happening after reset. I will post additional information around that time, but it'll work about the same as previous years.

New Year's Raffle
This will work the same as always: you'll have a day to be as active as possible, and for every 2022 points of Activity Score earned, you'll get one entry. We'll then distribute a certain number of prizes (be it a voucher for a new Pokémon, or something else ... tbd), and you'll have a chance to get one based on the number of entries you earned (you are not guaranteed a prize, regardless of how many entries you earned). More information will come as we near the end of the month.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Rhapsody
post Nov 28 2021, 09:10 PM
Post #2

you got some nice boulders
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 795

porgeymins

Happy Hanukkah to those that celebrate!

Looking forward to using the new event system this time around! I hope everyone ends up getting something (if not most of what) they wanted.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Eryth Violet
post Nov 28 2021, 09:14 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 16 400

Shiny

Coins from hatching and from the dreidel... we're gonna see so many coins. 👀 Cool theming for the pokemon to hatch!

--------------------

hi kingis
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Nov 29 2021, 12:34 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

No rest for the wicked... this seems like a lot of opportunities to play and enjoy a break from the winter holiday season.

Regards,
-TM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Moonlit
post Nov 29 2021, 01:38 AM
Post #5

Go-with-the-flow Private
Group Icon

Member No.: 84 198

Private Army

Oh dang, this looks like it should be a fun month for the site! Hopefully I can get settled in enough for the month to just have a good solid week between new years and Christmas to go crazy!

Thanks for keeping the site exciting for all of us, Zerx and everyone else behind the scenes!

--------------------

Pal Pad for daily clicks, or otherwise. (132/135)
Follow me on Twitter? @Anthimonymous

Art (click to show)

I Love You Kelsey <3 (click to show)

GPX Groups (click to show)

Rookie (click to show)

~ VDex ~
+Quote Post

Silver The Hedgi...
post Nov 29 2021, 08:46 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 120 237

Active Squad

happy hanukkah! super excited for these events ;_; those are some good pokemon to shiny hunt too hmmmm...
+Quote Post

Chooki
post Nov 29 2021, 02:14 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 226 122

My Favorites

Do the coins collected from the Halloween Event carry over to the Hanukkah Event?

--------------------

+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Nov 29 2021, 02:51 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Chooki @ Nov 29 2021, 01:14 PM) *
Do the coins collected from the Halloween Event carry over to the Hanukkah Event?

According to what staff said during the Halloween event, coins will always be reset to zero between one event's end and the next one's start.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Chooki
post Nov 29 2021, 05:00 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 226 122

My Favorites

Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Miracle
post Nov 30 2021, 11:51 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 952

Active Squad

Ohhh... See, I saved up some extra Shinies when I was active on here like 8 years ago, but when I came back to the site last month, I couldn't recall why I had kept them so I released them. Reading this now, I finally remembered that I was saving them for Secret Santa events, lol. Oh well. I can probably find some extra Shinies before the next Secret Santa, lol.

Happy Hannukah to all who celebrate it!

--------------------
+Quote Post

TQQ
post Dec 2 2021, 01:38 PM
Post #11

Justin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 244

Active Squad

Congratulations on the fatherhood nick!!!!!!!!11

im glad you are doing well, happy holidays!

--------------------

+Quote Post

PokeNOM NOM NOM
post Dec 2 2021, 02:38 PM
Post #12

Spriter / Writer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 99 214

Active Squad

How cool is the new novelty that LightKunai made??!! I must have ten. cool.gif

Life's pretty hectic with me, but I'm still looking forward to participating in the event!
I personally always lovelovelove the Secret Santa event!

--------------------

Check out my GPX+ profile
to find out what I've contributed so far!

'Counterbalanced'
+Quote Post

Siabhra Dubh
post Dec 2 2021, 04:18 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 857

Active Squad

Now if only it would give me more than two coins whenever I hatch 4 pokemon. I got four pokemon on the list, they hatch and all I get is 2 coins. Is that normal?
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Dec 2 2021, 05:23 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

The event pokemon only sometimes give coins when they hatch. From the first post:

The dreidel will be active, so besides earning a coin for nearly every event Pokémon you hatch, you will be able to gamble your coins before spending them for a chance at winning more.

--------------------
+Quote Post

ShinyWoobat
post Dec 3 2021, 12:37 PM
Post #15

WOOBAT.
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 136

Active Squad

Happy December! c:

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Kraken
post Dec 10 2021, 08:39 AM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 240 765

Active Squad

To be crushed like this... dont gamble, kids.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jade
post Dec 12 2021, 09:55 AM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

QUOTE(The Kraken @ Dec 10 2021, 05:39 AM) *
To be crushed like this... dont gamble, kids.

I know your pain; the dreidel spent like three days not giving me anything. Finally got on a good luck streak yesterday. It's been so hard to put in playtime just in general, because work has demanded ton of my attention (yay promotions!). I finally managed to get the vouchers I was aiming for today though!

Speaking of the Dreidel though - Zerx, a weird...bug? maybe?

So I spent a ton of my points today. At this moment of writing this I have 13. But when I go to the Dreidel, it doesn't seem to register that I used those points and says I have a net gain of 139 coins. And I can bet with, like, 20. Not sure I should be able to do that xD

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

SpectrumSpace
post Dec 13 2021, 12:03 AM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 230 325

Active Squad

Aw man, ended the egg event with 983 coins outta 1000. . . Still a good number!
I had some decent luck with the dreidel, I see. I got mostly gimel. At first I even thought it might've been weighted to favor the profitable options to make things easier. but I see that's probably not the case.
Good news is I got a spare shiny to use for Secret Santa! I'm looking forward to all this other fun stuff the month will bring!

This post has been edited by SpectrumSpace: Dec 13 2021, 12:06 AM
+Quote Post

Miracle
post Dec 13 2021, 01:43 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 952

Active Squad

Quick question: if someone were to submit an (non-Xerneas) egg they bought via the Event Shop for Secret Santa, it would be classified as an Exploration Legendary, right? I ask since I know that Summonable Legendaries are classified differently and I noticed all the Legendary eggs currently available in the Event Shop (sans Xerneas) are usually obtained via Explorations.

This post has been edited by Miracle: Dec 13 2021, 01:45 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Dec 13 2021, 10:32 PM
Post #20

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Miracle @ Dec 13 2021, 12:43 AM) *
Quick question: if someone were to submit an (non-Xerneas) egg they bought via the Event Shop for Secret Santa, it would be classified as an Exploration Legendary, right? I ask since I know that Summonable Legendaries are classified differently and I noticed all the Legendary eggs currently available in the Event Shop (sans Xerneas) are usually obtained via Explorations.

The three legendary categories are summonables, unsummonables, and Ultra Beasts. From the current event shop, Xerneas, Suicune, Regice, Kyurem and Articuno would all be unsummonables, Nihilego is a UB, and I believe Manaphy is typically not permitted to be submitted in Secret Santas because it can't easily be placed in a category.

Explorations don't come into the matter at all; it doesn't matter whether or not a legendary is (currently) obtained by exploration, since several unsummonables don't have explorations yet but will presumably eventually get them.

This post has been edited by pumpkinking0192: Dec 13 2021, 10:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:06 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.