Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Which came first?, Arceus or mew?
bookist
post May 6 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7 552

Active Squad

It was said that arceus came before the universe, yet mew has been described as the first pokemon (not too mention it has the ability to learn any move suggesting it gave birth to arceus at one point). So what do you think? I say mew simply because it can learn more moves than arceus and if arceus was the first one it should too.

This post has been edited by bookist: May 7 2009, 06:48 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

dark thunder
post May 6 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #2

right...there ^ would not be the best place to be right now
Group Icon

From: im your conscience! by the way dont look behind the curtain
Member No.: 974

Active Squad

and mew was made before arcesu(mew was made in the first gen. arceus was made in the 4th gen.)

i say mew since you dont necasarilly have to have a universe to exist(or atleast mew doesnt)

ps: why is this named "which came first, arcues or shaymin apparently it should be mew

--------------------

Shiny/Tradeables+EV trained (click to show)

EGGs CLICK HERE (click to show)

Some links:

ICANHAS CHEEZBURGER FUNNY PICS
+Quote Post

bookist
post May 7 2009, 06:49 AM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 552

Active Squad

QUOTE(dark thunder @ May 6 2009, 08:29 PM) *
and mew was made before arcesu(mew was made in the first gen. arceus was made in the 4th gen.)

i say mew since you dont necasarilly have to have a universe to exist(or atleast mew doesnt)

ps: why is this named "which came first, arcues or shaymin apparently it should be mew

thanks, i fixed that, and i saw a topic on arceus and shaymin so i put it in by mistake.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Scenery
post May 7 2009, 06:50 AM
Post #4

Scenery
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 546

Mew! i think it's more cute

--------------------
Click back 99%!
+Quote Post

jumiofdiamonds
post May 7 2009, 12:51 PM
Post #5

Octopus :D
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 084

My Roster

Mew.

Mew didn't need a world to be in, it could have simply been wondering space in a bubble; floating along until something else came along and created the universe and the world it came to exist on. Time is a funny thing though. While Mew may have been the first pokemon, Arceus could have been pushed forward in time, or backwards, by one of the Dragon Trio and created it before Mew even existed. BUT, still be created or born or existing AFTER Mew.

Another thing to think about is that Mew is part of the first generation. This was before we even knew that Arceus and such even existed. Science is all about discovering new things. Arceus could very well be the first one. Things always change when you learn new things. Get what I mean?

But I still think it was Mew. It wouldn't surprise me. I mean I know the games are necessarily connected, but look at Pokemon Snap. You take pictures of Mew in a space like setting. Just kind of fits my theory of how Mew was just floating until it found a universe that was later created.

--------------------
I always click back; equal to what you clicked me of course. cat.gif!

In Daycare - &

http://www.jumiofdiamonds.dragonadopters.com/
http://dragcave.net/user/jumiofdiamonds
+Quote Post

Bachuru
post May 7 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #6

Don't trip, chicken strip!
Group Icon

Member No.: 330

Active Squad

Mew. Without a doubt. I believe that Mew was the very first Pokemon created, and it was just wandering around in its little bubble, then stumbled upon the newly made earth, created by Arceus.

--------------------

<Cube> "Optimus Prime held Bella in his arms, sparkling in the sunlight. Pulling her closer to his massive robotic lips, he whispered "Does my chrome chassis dazzle you?""

+Quote Post

Lorelei
post May 7 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #7

Ice Queen
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 483

Active Squad

Well they say Arceus is God, so Mew must be like Jesus. I had a conversation about it before but I'm way too tired to explain why we thought so, maybe later.

I don't think it matters if Mew was in the first gen...what about Palkia and Dialka? If they represent time and space, and Mew was supposedly first, what exactly would Mew be floating around in? Nothingness?

--------------------
{}
clickforclick

claim!! ~ shiny&non-shiny

Sneasel count: 67
DAYCARE ~ EGG COUNT: 150
x
The two Pokémon love playing with each other.

trainer sprite by MinaKitsune!
deviantART ~ my arts.
earn money sitting on your butt. 8D
+Quote Post

FalconWolf
post May 7 2009, 08:21 PM
Post #8

Green Witch
Group Icon

From: Somewhere inside my own mind, a dangerous and scary place. Enter at your own risk.
Member No.: 19 681

Green Team!

MEW! From the first movie they have been saying it was the Origin of ALL pokemon. Why would they suddenly change that, it just confuses everyone.

--------------------
~~
Thank You for visiting my party.

DC Dragons (click to show)
Quizzes (click to show)

Dragon Adopters
+Quote Post

Dys Tuvai
post May 10 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #9

The Sylvan Saber
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 358

Grass-Type Fanatic

Mew. Mew was created in 1997 along with the rest of Generation One. Arecus was vomited up by the fine bastards at Gamefreak only recently.

Within context of in-universe-ness, I hardly think that they had anything to do with each other. But then I also think that everything about Arceus creating the Sinnoh Region and Mew being the core genus of all PokeMon are just creation myths out of many others. >>;

--------------------

No longer available on GPX+ for now. Don't bother clicking me. Thank you.

+Quote Post

Flamer
post May 10 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #10

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 757

Faves

Arcues. Personally, I think Mew was created by Arcues becuase he was too lazy to go around creating all the Pokemon himself. This would explain why Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon, whilst keeping Arcues status as the god of all Pokemon intact. Afterall, if Arcues got Dialga, Palkia and all that lot to make space, time etc for him, then it makes sense he would have got something else to make all the Pokemon as well.

Brings up the question of who created all the humans in the game though dumblook.gif If Pokemon created the universe and everything in it, then it stands to reason that a Pokemon created humans too, no?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Spearow
post May 10 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #11

the realest and cruelest
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 415

i can't do that dave

I like to think they came in at the same time: Arceus created the physical universe while Mew created living things to populate it.

Really there's no logical canon answer for which came first, at least not yet - I personally think it was just careless writing on Game Freak's part. They'd already created a very vaguely God-like legendary but they needed one to crown Gen. IV off, so they invented another more decisively God-like one. The real question is what they're going to do with the next generation. How do you top the supreme creator?

Brings up the question of who created all the humans in the game though If Pokemon created the universe and everything in it, then it stands to reason that a Pokemon created humans too, no?

Humans are evolved Pokémon, silly. wink.gif

--------------------

you want to live when life is achingly unfair
+Quote Post

Dys Tuvai
post May 10 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #12

The Sylvan Saber
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 358

Grass-Type Fanatic

Technically the Arceus myth does not mention anything related to mew. It mentions Arceus creating Dialga and Palkia, which created the physical universe, and then Psychic Midget Patrol, which created life.

The Arceus myth is actually based on a chinese creation myth.

Mew has nothing to do with it. >>;

As for how they're going to top the supreme creator?

I can see it all now: Deusaint (A Psychic/Ghost God PokéMon dwelling in the sky and commanding vast celestial legions of flying types). Lucifear (A Dark/Ghost Devil PokéMon dwelling in the core of the earth commanding vast demonic armies of fire-types). For aeons they have been amassing their strength, preparing their strike against each other in a war that will rage across the heaven and earth and destroy the universe in a clichéd armageddon-like display of power.

Riding as the heralds of the apocalypse are the four legendary centaurs (because ya gotta have horse-men somehow): Equwar (Steel-type, featuring more cannons and swords than could be good for it. And two huge lances on its sides. It posesses the ability Bloodlust, which sharply increases the foe's attack, but makes them confused!), Falomino (Ground, representing the barren earth, it is the world's most anorexic-looking equine, its ability reduces all stats of what faces it - YOU try fighting when you're hungry!), Pestaur (Poison-type, armed with the deadly Disease Cloud ability which instantly badly poisons the foe just by BEING there!) and lastly, Skullion (Ghost type, a skeletal Centaur surrounded by a grey misty outline, its very presence in battle has a chance to cause automatic fainting unless foiled by an ability or a special item, LoL EPIC!!!).

And As you can't have a good Revelations knockoff without some kind of Antichrist, we have the Fione-version of Lucifear, the pure-dark type Pentot, and its oposite number, fione-version of Deusaint, the pure-psychic type Cruxon (Which completes the holy Pokétrinity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Goat, Arceus).

Also, Insert a few pantheonic legendaries for good measures - Beelzebite the Bug/Dark type, and Gabriarch the Fire/Psychic type, for one. I could come up with more angels and demons but my memory of Christian pantheon is kinda sketchy. They'd probably get some Shinto twist into them too and get redubbed anyway so why bother?

... And there'd be cherub and imp unobtainable mewannabes too. Just because I said so.

Lastly, to complete the air of madness, the main character's going to be slightly psychotic and the final form starters are all part-steel Biomechas of death with freaky cockpit like constructs in their heads.

PokéMon Genesis Evangelion: Heaven, Hell and coming soon after, the special Purgatory Edition! Coming Soon to an alternate reality near you!

This post has been edited by Dys Tuvai: May 10 2009, 11:38 AM

--------------------

No longer available on GPX+ for now. Don't bother clicking me. Thank you.

+Quote Post

DireTylo
post May 10 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #13

Envy!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 637

War's Bane

Well, I think that Mew came first, then Arceus. It does say that mew was the first, and when Arceus came along, it created Dialga and Palkia, which created the universe. It doesn't really say Arceus caame first. And for the 1st and 4th gen. I think that Arceus was just discovered when 4th gen came out. (Or Shinnoh was discovered, however you want to put it.)

--------------------
~Dire

I am a Symphonic 1st Violin Orch Dork! HATERS GONNA HATE

DireTylo on deviantART.

サザンドラ • ギラティナ • ラティオス • ボスゴドラ • メタグロス • ゲノセクト

Random Derp (click to show)
About Me (click to show)
Credits (click to show)
--Formerly known as Serene Cheshire, formerly Krona, formerly known as HydroForce, who was also known as the original Suzuki
I was the first overall poster for a REALLY long time. That is my legacy here on GTS >w<--

Grab Your Gun
Search and Destroy
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post May 10 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #14

Nevermore!
Group Icon

Member No.: 807

BLARG

Following the in-game timeline, it would most definitely be Arceus. Mew is the first earthly Pokemon from which most, not all, Pokemon evolved from (Charles Darwin evolution, not level-up evolution). The exceptions of course would be Grimer, Muk, Mewtwo, Porygon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z, Castform, Shuppet, Banette and Deoxys. The Porygon family, Mewtwo and Castform are artificial, the Grimer family is pollution brought to life by the moon, the Shuppet family came from discarded toys and Deoxys was a genetic altering of a virus from outer space. The "heavenly" Pokemon would be Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf and Giratina since they were all created from Arceus who was created by some fluke in chaos that formed an egg. I'm confused about Jirachi since I believe it's mentioned in the creation story. It states that the "heavenly" Pokemon wished and matter came to be, or something to that effect. I think that's an allusion to Jirachi, which would make sense considering its longevity in its lifespan and its lengthy periods of rest. It must recover from granting such a strong wish. The three Hoenn Regi's also did not evolve from Mew, having come from their respective elements. I'm not so sure about Regigigas, though, but being the leader of the other Regi's, I think it can be assumed that it came into existence without Mew. Another controversial Pokemon is Celebi. Being able to travel through time, it may have a relation to Dialga. I also have some theories about Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Manaphy, Phione, Heatran, Entei, Suicune, Raikou, Ho-oh, Shaymin, Darkrai and Cresselia, but I have to go. Maybe I'll explain them another time.

This post has been edited by Pumpkin King: May 10 2009, 01:48 PM

--------------------

Think I'm cool? Follow me on tumblr.
Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Wildwish
post May 10 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 561

Best Double-Team

QUOTE(Lorelei @ May 7 2009, 09:12 PM) *
I don't think it matters if Mew was in the first gen...what about Palkia and Dialka? If they represent time and space, and Mew was supposedly first, what exactly would Mew be floating around in? Nothingness?

You've got a point there.

I think that they all [Mew, Arceus, Palkia and Dialga] were probably born at the same time. Then, while Mew was floating in the vast space that Palkia created, Arceus made the world that pokemon live on. Then over the time that Dialga created, Mew stumbled upon the world that Arceus created, blahblah. Since Mew didnt create anything and Dialga, Palkia and Arceus did actually create something, Mew had the special power of learning every pokemon move there is.

--------------------
Please warm up/feed my pokemon!

I always click back FULL PARTIES and always feed the correct berries!

I claim umbreon.gif

-------
I am a... (click to show)

Shinies (click to show)

my art (That means click here, stupid)

+Quote Post

Meezy
post May 10 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #16

The ruler of La-La World, face meh wrath!
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 590

Active Squad in Pt

QUOTE(Flamer @ May 10 2009, 12:25 PM) *
Arcues. Personally, I think Mew was created by Arcues becuase he was too lazy to go around creating all the Pokemon himself. This would explain why Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon, whilst keeping Arcues status as the god of all Pokemon intact. Afterall, if Arcues got Dialga, Palkia and all that lot to make space, time etc for him, then it makes sense he would have got something else to make all the Pokemon as well.

That is what I exactly think, 100%.

QUOTE(Lorelei @ May 7 2009, 09:12 PM) *

Great point . . . I have to agree with that.

--------------------

They're my new babies. cat.gif

But this baby needs help the most.

Help her to Lv. 100? Please? *Does Puppy Eyes*

You're so jealous. Because these are my claims:

Altaria: altaria.gif

Shiny Altaria: altaria.gif

Shiny Shaymin: shaymin.gif

Shiny SKY Shaymin: Don't have an awesome animation code for this one . . . dang.

Now we need to wait before Ampharos and Kangaskhan arrive before there is a real party . . .

+Quote Post

Flamer
post May 10 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #17

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 757

Faves

QUOTE(Spearow @ May 10 2009, 05:35 PM) *
The real question is what they're going to do with the next generation. How do you top the supreme creator?

Hopefully, stop with the whole God-like legandary thing that they started in gen 3 and go back to the traditional legandaries that where just one of a kind very powerful Pokemon. I think this whole buisness about Pokemon who can create oceans and all that is a bit stupid.

I like PKs way of sumirising things. Would like to hear your theroies about Groundon and all that lot sometime wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post May 10 2009, 01:45 PM
Post #18

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

QUOTE(Flamer @ May 10 2009, 02:41 PM) *
I like PKs way of sumirising things. Would like to hear your theroies about Groundon and all that lot sometime wink.gif

Thanks! I was trying to type up a nice long topic on my theories, but my computer froze on me and I lost all of it. ;_;

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Gati
post May 10 2009, 01:54 PM
Post #19

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 056

Active Squad

I am tired of hearing this crap.

Just putting it as simple as possible.

About Mew is a scientific theory, and about Arceus is just a myth just like Greek mythology.

Disagree with me all you want, Satoshi-san (creator of Pokémon, Satoshi Tajiri) is the one who will decide, and maybe reveal it in the future, or in the upcoming movie.

--------------------
[spoiler=GTS+PL Badges][align=center] [/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post May 10 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #20

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

QUOTE(AOS @ May 10 2009, 02:54 PM) *
I am tired of hearing this crap.

Just putting it as simple as possible.

About Mew is a scientific theory, and about Arceus is just a myth just like Greek mythology.

So you're telling me that you can capture Aphrodite just like you can catch a monkey? If Arceus (in the game of course) was just a myth, it wouldn't be catchable. And am I the only one who thinks that science and religion can correspond?!

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:12 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.