Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Summon timeline no longer says summoned by
Tyranisaur
post Jun 5 2017, 10:30 AM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

I had a Korechu egg in my party, and a figured I could do some summons, since I didn't have 3 novelty/legend eggs in my party. So I go and use a red orb and start looking for my summon. I then find an egg summoned by someone else, which I pick up. Then, I found an egg of the species I summoned. Observant as I am, I look at the egg timeline, to check whether the timeline says if the egg was summoned by me or another player. What I see is this:

I have done my fair share of summons, and what I would usually see is a line that says that says "Summoned by [my name]" in the part where it says "Egg summoned. Since I didn't see this, I assumed that the egg was not summoned by me. Now, because I had a Korechu egg and two summons in my party, to find another summon, I had to get one of those eggs out of my party due to the party limit. None of the eggs were more than an hour old, so I couldn't place any in the mobile walker, so I had to release one. I released the Korechu egg.

Eventually, I figure that I should actually check my stats to double check whether that egg was summoned by me mor not. To my surprise, I find that not only do my stats add up to the point where they check out, which means I don't have any summons that aren't claimed. I also check my other summons, and see that they don't have that line about me being the summoner either.

So this is a change that has happened without me being told about it.

Of course in this case, I would have been able to put two and two together if I actually looked at the times on that timeline, but I have been conditioned to not have to do that. Also that would not have worked if it took me longer to find the egg than the time I had exclusivity on finding the summon.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Jun 5 2017, 12:05 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

Perhaps this is an unintended side effect of the timeline update at the bottom of this post?

--------------------
+Quote Post

NefariousKing
post Jun 5 2017, 01:57 PM
Post #3

absolutely reprehensible behavior
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 176 544

Fiendish Delights

Similar to this, eggs that are picked up by the breeder no longer show "Egg bred by -username-".

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jun 5 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #4

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

When I was cleaning up the timeline, I decided it was a bit of a waste of space and redundant to say "by [user]" if [user] is the current owner.

If you picked up someone else's summon, it would say it was summoned by them. Since it doesn't say who summoned it specifically, it means you did.

Similarly, if you take an egg from your daycare, it won't say you bred it, it'll simply be implied. However, if you then release that Pokémon, and someone else picks it up, the "by [your name]" would then show up so people know.

I'm open to your feedback on whether I should reverse this.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

NefariousKing
post Jun 5 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Fiendish Delights

Ok, I was just worried that it was unintentional and once you'd release the self bred Pokemon the timeline would have stayed blank. Otherwise that clean up seems fine to me.
--

Though for summonables, isn't there the chance of picking up a summon that the lab summoned it's self? It's uncommon, but it'll be hard to tell whether it's a self summon or the lab's, as they'll have the same timeline text. I don't check my stats before and after summoning, and relied on the "summoned by" to tell me if it's my own or if I accidentally picked up one the lab spawned.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jun 5 2017, 10:13 PM
Post #6

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(NefariousKing @ Jun 5 2017, 10:09 PM) *
Ok, I was just worried that it was unintentional and once you'd release the self bred Pokemon the timeline would have stayed blank. Otherwise that clean up seems fine to me.
--

Though for summonables, isn't there the chance of picking up a summon that the lab summoned it's self?

It would say "Egg laid" as it wasn't a summon, it was just a regular lab generation similar to a Common egg being laid.

--------------------
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

NefariousKing
post Jun 5 2017, 10:25 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Fiendish Delights

Ohh ok. I would sometimes pick up eggs that never specify where they came from, just "egg summoned", so I just assumed it was the lab. I'm guessing they were eggs summoned by others? As I'd find my own summoned right after.
Thanks for clearing that up.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jun 6 2017, 07:11 AM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Totally...useless

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Jun 6 2017, 04:19 AM) *
If you picked up someone else's summon, it would say it was summoned by them. Since it doesn't say who summoned it specifically, it means you did.

Uhhh, like this one?

I didn't summon that one.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Jun 6 2017, 08:55 AM
Post #9

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

Personally, I think a 'by you' would be shorter and just as explicit.

Actually, when I saw this at first I thought it was changed to match the mobile site - which just says summoned by you, or by 'someone else'.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jun 6 2017, 10:26 PM
Post #10

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Jun 6 2017, 07:11 AM) *
QUOTE(Zerxer @ Jun 6 2017, 04:19 AM) *

Uhhh, like this one?

I didn't summon that one.

Fixed. While I removed the "by [owner]" text for all entries, I forgot "Egg summoned" always lacked a "by" for other people's summons, making them look the same. I added "by someone else" for that case.

QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Jun 6 2017, 08:55 AM) *

Actually, when I saw this at first I thought it was changed to match the mobile site - which just says summoned by you, or by 'someone else'.

"by you" wouldn't make sense for other users viewing the timeline. "by owner" could work but it's just a lot of extra needless text. I added "by someone else" for the egg summoning, since everything other than summoning would display previous owners' names still.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jun 6 2017, 10:47 PM
Post #11

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Totally...useless

I'm wondering. Is it possible for someone to summon an egg, not pick it up, have someone else pick it up, possibly hatch it, then release it and then have the original summoner pick it up? And if so, what would it say in the timeline about who summoned it?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Jun 7 2017, 08:05 AM
Post #12

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Jun 7 2017, 04:26 AM) *
QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Jun 6 2017, 08:55 AM) *

"by you" wouldn't make sense for other users viewing the timeline. "by owner" could work but it's just a lot of extra needless text. I added "by someone else" for the egg summoning, since everything other than summoning would display previous owners' names still.

Hm, I guess this is why you're fixing these things and not me. tongue.gif I'm sure I'll get used to it this way yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post

DrSnap
post Jun 10 2017, 04:43 AM
Post #13

Ghost with 108 souls
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 880

Nightmarez

Maybe you could simply put something like "summoned by [the actual guy who summoned it]" ? It works like that for eggs that are bred, so....

--------------------

~~ ~~
+Quote Post

Letan
post Jun 11 2017, 01:25 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(DrSnap @ Jun 10 2017, 05:43 AM) *
Maybe you could simply put something like "summoned by [the actual guy who summoned it]" ? It works like that for eggs that are bred, so....

We intentionally went against doing this when summoning was added because it just opens up too much potential for harassment.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:51 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.