Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Guess What I Just Recieved as a Gift..., *Hopefully in right Place*
Nona the Teddiur...
post Aug 18 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Pokefanatic of Teddiursa
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 55 937

Angry Mama-Bear Party

I just recieved, as a gift from my soon-to-be-former-employers...

11 Pokemon VHS. From the original Series! =D

This may not sound like much, considering Pokemon is now in its Umpteenth-season, and no one cares about Kanto anymore it seems *please prove me wrong!*, but the episodes on these are some of the best.

I have the VHS with "Holiday Hi-Jynx" on it. =) And I've never seen it before, either. Don't spoil it for me! XD Though, I know Team Rocket will "Blast Off Again!" and such.

I also have the one with "Puka" the surfing Pikachu, Ash's final Gym battle, the Eevee Brothers, Lt. Surge, the one where Brock gets his Vulpix, and all the episodes that I missed and that go along with each of them on VHS!

Oh, I can't wait to be able to sit down and have a vintage-pokemon Marathon. I miss the series so much...Or, at least, what it used to be. Back when Ash could, quite literally, be able to "Catch 'Em All," instead of being 40-something out of 493. Back when Misty was the smart-aleck girl, not replaced by some girly-girl that only wants to focus on contests. *CoughMAYANDDAWNCough*

And, also, back when Pikachu was round...XD God I miss round Pikachu.

So, how many others of you out there miss the old, vintage, first season of pokemon? The old Ash-Misty-Brock trio, with Misty complaining about her Psyduck and Brock being pulled by the ear by Misty whenever he's around a pretty girl. Before Ash went through puberty, even...*chuckles* Silly voice-actor change.

--------------------

My friend made this sprite for me. I do not claim to own it, she was the one who created it, as a commission for me.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Swordyfish
post Oct 19 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 54 234

Active Squad

Oooh I love that. xD I have VHS of the original Kanto season somewhere in my room.. xD I have the Lt.Surge one too! grin.gif And the one where Pikachu meets all the other Pikachu in the forest. o:

I started rewatching all the Pokemon episodes online starting from episode one. grin.gif I only got to the episode right before the Clefairy and Mt.Moon one. o: Arg school. noes.gif Oh wells.

The Kanto season was soo emotional xD [At least to me]
I was so teary eyed even by watching even the first episode!! A few of the other episodes set me off too. xD

--------------------

Banners courtesy of Kari ShadowWolf grin.gif <3
+Quote Post

TTD
post Oct 19 2009, 09:53 PM
Post #3

In reverence, she shall speak my name.
Group Icon

From: Relegated to the obsidian of freezing celestial bodies.
Member No.: 2 480

Sorrowful Frost

Ah, the good old days. I miss those times when the anime didn't put on a bunch of bullshit.

--------------------
Credits! (click to show)
Gym Badges and Frontier Symbols! (click to show)
If you like metal... (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:59 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.