Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
142 Pages V  « < 102 103 104 105 106 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
GPX+ Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Pkmn Trainer Jae
post Jan 3 2019, 11:56 AM
Post #2061

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 256 166

Active Squad

Ahh okay, thanks for the clarifications. Still kind of daunting, but I suppose it's nice that it's at least possible to breed them.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Jan 3 2019, 11:57 PM
Post #2062

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 56 857

So I was just lying down, resting my eyes, as you do, when I suddenly got an idea for the worst novelty of all time.

Imagine a new fossil-type item, the Nesting Doll. Using it summons it to your party, where it requires 327,680 maturity. Once it "hatches", you're left with a somewhat smaller, but otherwise identical doll that needs 163,840 maturity. This goes on until it only requires 5,120, at which point it finally opens to reveal an actual Pokémon. It takes 3,280,000 exp to reach level 100, can't be bred, can't evolve, and has a base stat total of 150. If you try to release it into the Safari Zone, it just disappears for good.

In order to make this an actual discussion and not just me rambling about half-asleep musings, I'd like to propose a challenge: how can we make this hypothetical, never-gonna-happen novelty even worse?

--------------------

+Quote Post

grumpish
post Jan 4 2019, 12:44 AM
Post #2063

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 243 049

Active Squad

It would only hatch in a specific weather condition. It has a kind of pokerus that can't be cured with an antidote. And it's ugly cackle.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cytosine
post Jan 4 2019, 01:33 AM
Post #2064

shloop
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 37 706

swabbies

QUOTE(grumpish @ Jan 3 2019, 11:44 PM) *
It would only hatch in a specific weather condition. It has a kind of pokerus that can't be cured with an antidote. And it's ugly cackle.gif

Oof. Locked to the party. There you go, sounds super awful. Also lmao I love that you came up with this, YoRHa. It would be a scourge on this website.

Maybe each doll shell stays in your party too, so you need 6 slots to fully hatch it.

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post

Alicat
post Jan 4 2019, 03:02 PM
Post #2065

Novelty Stalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 54 424

Favorites

So I just found out Ultra Beasts are a new breedable group... and accidentally found out by getting a Nihilego from the shelter someone bred xD HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!

--------------------

3rd place in Vitamin C #3 - Christmas
3rd place in Vitamin C #004 - Love
2nd place in Vitamin C #005 - Wild Fire!

Quotes <3 (click to show)

Daycare couple: Shiny Hunt

QUOTE(Nekomata @ Sep 28 2011, 01:38 PM) *
Long time no see, Alicat~! (If you don't remember me, I'm going to have to murder you later, alright?)
+Quote Post

Kitten
post Jan 4 2019, 03:33 PM
Post #2066

Cute Pokemon Lover
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 632

Can't Hug Every Cat

Happy to see the Raikou exploration again. I'm still after a shiny. I also hope 2019 is a good year for everyone.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nivbird
post Jan 4 2019, 04:49 PM
Post #2067

all we gotta do is be brave and be kind~
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 782

Hello darkness my old friend with task 11 of DotW again. May this be less torturous //aka faster// than the last time. <:'D

--------------------

Shiny collection (click to show)
+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Jan 4 2019, 04:59 PM
Post #2068

Captain of the KaiRei Ship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 269

My top 6 Most wanted

QUOTE(Baymax @ Jan 2 2019, 10:16 AM) *
QUOTE(Annakyoyama358 @ Jan 2 2019, 09:52 AM) *
Used my raffle voucher on Shiny Rotom, now to wait 5 days to forme change him again grin.gif

I want the new novelty so bad. I hope people start breeding them!

Congrats on the Shiny Rotom.

The new novelty is an evolution of an existing non-novelty Pokemon. You can view the evolution method in the Pokedex.

I feel stupid, but at least I was able to de-evolve my shiny mega altaria and re-evolve the novelty. So gorgeous!

--------------------

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to gift you any Level 1-8 trinket happy.gif

If you have these trinkets, please let me know what you'd like to trade!
- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
Complete the eevee.gif Eevee eevee.gif Evolutions.... AS SHINIES
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
vaporeon.gif umbreon.gif espeon.gif leafeon.gif glaceon.gif :sylveon:
+Quote Post

Pkmn Trainer Jae
post Jan 4 2019, 06:06 PM
Post #2069

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(YoRHa No9 Type S @ Jan 3 2019, 11:57 PM) *
So I was just lying down, resting my eyes, as you do, when I suddenly got an idea for the worst novelty of all time.

Imagine a new fossil-type item, the Nesting Doll. Using it summons it to your party, where it requires 327,680 maturity. Once it "hatches", you're left with a somewhat smaller, but otherwise identical doll that needs 163,840 maturity. This goes on until it only requires 5,120, at which point it finally opens to reveal an actual Pokémon. It takes 3,280,000 exp to reach level 100, can't be bred, can't evolve, and has a base stat total of 150. If you try to release it into the Safari Zone, it just disappears for good.

In order to make this an actual discussion and not just me rambling about half-asleep musings, I'd like to propose a challenge: how can we make this hypothetical, never-gonna-happen novelty even worse?

In addition to all of the other great ideas, I think it would naturally need to be excluded from being an option on any shiny voucher the site might give out.
+Quote Post

Nivbird
post Jan 4 2019, 06:37 PM
Post #2070

all we gotta do is be brave and be kind~
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 782

QUOTE(Pkmn Trainer Jae @ Jan 5 2019, 01:06 AM) *

In addition to all of the other great ideas, I think it would naturally need to be excluded from being an option on any shiny voucher the site might give out.

This is so bad that I like every single suggestion in this. //laughs

--------------------

Shiny collection (click to show)
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Jan 4 2019, 07:22 PM
Post #2071

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Kitten @ Jan 4 2019, 09:33 PM) *
Happy to see the Raikou exploration again. I'm still after a shiny. I also hope 2019 is a good year for everyone.

Unrelated, but nice avi

Ain't that from Bang Dream?

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Jan 4 2019, 08:08 PM
Post #2072

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pkmn Trainer Jae @ Jan 4 2019, 03:06 PM) *

No, it's an option... but it hatches nonshiny anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pkmn Trainer Jae
post Jan 4 2019, 08:28 PM
Post #2073

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(YoRHa No9 Type S @ Jan 4 2019, 08:08 PM) *

Ooh that is devious for the players lmao. But... won't you think of the poor staff who would be stuck with pages and pages of 'bug reports' from people who didn't realize using their shiny voucher on it would be a waste? They'd be the real victims
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Jan 4 2019, 08:54 PM
Post #2074

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pkmn Trainer Jae @ Jan 4 2019, 05:28 PM) *
QUOTE(YoRHa No9 Type S @ Jan 4 2019, 08:08 PM) *

Ooh that is devious for the players lmao. But... won't you think of the poor staff who would be stuck with pages and pages of 'bug reports' from people who didn't realize using their shiny voucher on it would be a waste? They'd be the real victims

That's fair. In that case, it's like base form Magearna and has no difference whatsoever between the normal and shiny sprites.

--------------------

+Quote Post

grumpish
post Jan 4 2019, 10:05 PM
Post #2075

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 243 049

Active Squad

QUOTE(YoRHa No9 Type S @ Jan 3 2019, 08:57 PM) *

Oh, and it costs 1000 prize points.

--------------------
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Jan 5 2019, 09:05 AM
Post #2076

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

QUOTE(grumpish @ Jan 4 2019, 07:05 PM) *
QUOTE(YoRHa No9 Type S @ Jan 3 2019, 08:57 PM) *

Oh, and it costs 1000 prize points.

1,000 Prize Points is pretty easy to get the longer you've been on this site, depending on how careful you are with spending. So it's a slow grind, but not unfeasible.

--------------------

+Quote Post

SunnyB007
post Jan 5 2019, 11:44 AM
Post #2077

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 256 185

Active Squad

Found this sweety in the safari zone while hunting down blissey.

Who abandons a shiny pokemon into the safari?? How heartless does one have to be to abandon a shiny!!
Reason for edit: Removed party link.

--------------------
Show your love to my little ones here:

+Quote Post

Lemonado Girl
post Jan 5 2019, 02:55 PM
Post #2078

Ice Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 245 986

Ice Ice Babies

It's not unheard of. The first shiny I ever got on the site (A Chingling, just like the first shiny i ever found in the main games, as it happens), I found in the Safari. Honestly, it could be someone who already had that shiny and wanted to give one lucky chap the shiny dex entry...Guess that was you!

Also just found out that my Rarity 9 Voltorb Grenade was offered a Rarity 8 Immortality Helmet. Don't try to pull the wool over people's eyes, folks, the Big Book can and will rat you out.

This post has been edited by Lemonado Girl: Jan 5 2019, 08:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Jan 5 2019, 09:29 PM
Post #2079

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

Or there's a shiny in the Safari because someone got banned and their collection is being released.

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Jan 6 2019, 12:08 AM
Post #2080

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Yeah, that's how I got a bunch of my older shinies. I also know someone who released their entire collection because they wanted to start over, and I grabbed a bunch of shinies that way.

Also, I'm on that task. Can anyone spare a berry?

--------------------

+Quote Post

142 Pages V  « < 102 103 104 105 106 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:15 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.