Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Glamour and Chaos
Kamaitachi
post Aug 2 2015, 09:57 AM
Post #1

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

"Whew!"

Cesc wiped the sweat from his brow as he the fire subsided around him. Valentine, his Monferno, looked over to him, tossing a casual thumbs up as the remnants of the flames around him died down.

"You've gotten a lot stronger since you evolved." Francesco Rojas grinned at his Pokemon Partner. "Messes with my muscle memory a bit, my friend. But don't worry, that's on me. You keep doing what you do, and we'll figure out this appeal in no time."

He sat down, picking up his discarded shirt and using it to wipe his face and bare upper body from the sweat. Back when Valentine had been a Chimchar, it had been easy to keep up with his Pokemon's movements, but Monferno was so much faster, stronger, and sharper. It was a good thing that they were training together.

Cesc took a moment to survey his surroundings. They'd chosen a quiet plaza in Arasam, one of his favourite little haunts since so few people seemed to traipse through there. His Aunt and Uncle's tailor shop was only just around the corner, but still there wasn't a lot of foot traffic. There was very little to offer on that street, save for the tailor shop, which had gotten more business since Cesc's last contest win. However, he needed to boost that with a win here in his hometown.

Looking over to his side, he saw that the Ralts he had saved recently had not yet left his side. The small little...creature...had been watching in fascination as Cesc and Valentine trained, and had been reluctant for Cesc to take him back into the surrounding Arasam woods. He seemed interested enough in contests...perhaps Cesc would make him a partner. But with the Contest coming up, it seemed silly to throw him into the mix right off the bat.

"Keep observing, my little friend." Cesc reached into his pack and tossed over a Leppa Berry, which the Ralts fumbled on the catch. Smiling, he watched the little guy reach down and clumsily pick it back up, before biting into the berry with evident relish.

Turning back to the task at hand, he had one more pokemon whose moves he had to sharpen. Valentine, Oberon, and Tybalt were all ready...but his unruly Bardolph was still in need of some sharpening, and he wasn't going to be able to do that without presenting the Scyther a challenge.

"Bardolph. you're up."

In a flash, the Scyther appeared from the pokeball, standing and facing Valentine, who immediately took a stance.

"Bardolph...let's focus on making your moves as cool as they can be."

The Scyther, in turn, looked back at him, rolling his eyes. Cesc had never seen a bug type roll its eyes before, so this struck him as rather amusing. "Bardolph, my friend, you're going to be a contest star. You'll get to fight fantastic opponents, but we won't win unless you also make it look cool as hell. So let's start off with Vacuum Wave!"

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
7eeveelutions
post Aug 2 2015, 03:37 PM
Post #2

Squawk!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

"Th-that little demon. I can't believe he bit me! And not once, but three times!"

Scott growled, rubbing his left hand and part of the connecting arm.

"Don't you ever get tired of saying the same thing over and over? It's been more than twenty minutes, and he didn't bite you all that hard......" Amber muttered as she walked behind him, with Ruby in between the pair.

After the near-disaster and long hospital stay in Fidona, they were back in Arasam. They weren't on an official mission, though, but rather they'd simply come because there was something Scott wanted to check on.

The first time he'd met that poacher and battled that winged Absol, he'd been here on this mountain trying to save the inhabitants of a cave full of evolution stones. Then he'd seen that same poacher and Absol in Fidona. If that guy was out of prison, was the cave still safe?

So he'd come to make sure all the strong Pokemon he'd seen in the cave were all right. Fortunately, they were. Unfortunately, most of them hadn't been especially happy to see him. He hadn't quite won their trust yet.

And in an exceptionally dumb move, he'd challenged the Glaceon to a battle, intending to catch it. However, the ice fox had merely brushed Ruby off to the side before attacking him instead. Scarlet had protected him, but this just caused the irate fox to rush up and bite him, twice on the hand and once on his arm before he'd fled.

Luckily, as a Glaceon, it didn't have much bite strength. But still, it had hurt.

And so, there they were, walking back to the city of Arasam.

The burns on Scott's back hadn't fully healed yet, but he was able to walk for moderate periods of time with little support. Even then, he carried a pair of crutches for those times when he ended up too tired or in too much pain to keep walking without support. Currently, those crutches were sticking out of the main pocket of his backpack.

The pair of humans and their Pokemon stopped briefly to eat lunch, and then continued walking for a bit before they heard something- fire? They could see a little bit of smoke, not enough to signal a wildfire, but enough to make them curious. Was there a fire-type Pokemon training nearby? It was either that or a campfire of some sort, and either way, Scott had been itching for a good battle since he'd gotten out of the hospital (fighting the Glaceon really didn't count).

Amber took the lead as they approached the source, with Scott and Ruby trailing behind her. "I think I see someone...... a guy with a Scyther and a Monferno," Amber whispered, hiding behind a thick oak tree while Scott hid behind a smaller tree nearby.

"That guy...... is that Cesc?" Scott muttered. "It...... really looks like that's Cesc. Does he live around here?"

"You know him?"

"He was the guy who helped me during that whole cave incident. Or rather, I helped him. He's pretty strong, but I wonder...... how much stronger has he gotten? Ruby, you want another go at him? We can make this just like the first time we met."

"Wait, you can't be serious. You're letting her attack someone? That's not Ranger-like at all!" Amber protested, but Scott ignored her and let Ruby make her move.

In an oddly familiar fashion, Ruby stepped out of the undergrowth opposite from the clearing of what appeared to be a wild Ralts and somewhat behind Cesc's Monferno. While she wore a Ranger vest, Scott wasn't sure if Cesc would recognize her since she had evolved into a Ninetales.

With her battle spirits flowing, Ruby issued her challenge with a battle cry, her nine tails spread out behind her as she waited to see who would be her opponent.

"This is a bad idea," Amber muttered.

"She'll be fine."

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Kamaitachi   Glamour and Chaos   Aug 2 2015, 09:57 AM
Darkrow   How Lucie had gotten out of that wretched, humid p...   Aug 3 2015, 06:14 AM
Kamaitachi   With tremendous amounts of simian grace and agilit...   Aug 3 2015, 08:41 PM
7eeveelutions   "Such speed...... she'll never be able to...   Aug 4 2015, 12:44 AM
Darkrow   Was… Was that what battling was like…? Lucie could...   Aug 4 2015, 06:23 PM
Kamaitachi   Cesc gave a little whistle of appreciation as he w...   Aug 6 2015, 11:53 AM
7eeveelutions   "Tch. Scyther's too big and too fast........   Aug 6 2015, 02:20 PM
s0ap   As the gleaming horizon of an expansive city grew ...   Aug 7 2015, 01:53 AM
Kamaitachi   The challenging Ninetales opted to meet Scyther he...   Aug 10 2015, 12:34 PM
7eeveelutions   Ruby was cautious for a couple seconds, waiting to...   Aug 10 2015, 01:42 PM
Kamaitachi   Despite the nearby gentle chiming, Cesc maintained...   Aug 11 2015, 03:05 PM
7eeveelutions   Ruby was perplexed. From what Scott had told her a...   Aug 15 2015, 02:22 AM
Kamaitachi   Between the burn and the incoming Hex attack, Cesc...   Aug 19 2015, 01:05 PM
7eeveelutions   Scott had correctly guessed that Hex would be the ...   Aug 19 2015, 11:11 PM
Kamaitachi   Cesc pumped a fist in victory, watching as the Nin...   Sep 1 2015, 11:02 AM
7eeveelutions   "I'm, err, pleased to meet you. I've ...   Sep 1 2015, 03:47 PM
Kamaitachi   Cesc and Valentine nodded with rapt attention as A...   Sep 20 2015, 03:35 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:52 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.