Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hail, Crystal Caravanners!, A Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Rp (Sign-up)
Countess Noxi
post Oct 26 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #1

Countess of the Grey May
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 96 035

The Ribbon Elite

Final Fantasy Crystal Caravan RP

Beating of the wings up high
Beyond the earth, beyond the sky
Come now, don't hesitate
Don't look back we got to go now
Don't fear, you'll be safe from now on
Morning sky watching over all

Deep inside so silently my heart will speak
Weeping silently
Memories flickering and shimmering on
Endlessly

Keep me close to the path
Morning sky watching over all

Kaze No Ne

Welcome to the Crystal Caravan

If you haven't guessed already this is an FFCC roleplay. I've never seen one of these attempted before so I thought I'd be the first. For those of you who have no idea what FFCC is please do check out this wiki. Even if you don't have any idea what the game is you'll still be able to roleplay. It just helps if you have an understanding of what world you'll be entering.

While we are sticking to the original plot of the game I will be throwing in my own twists and turns for players to enjoy~ Depending on the excellence of your profile you may be selected to be a particular figurehead in the plot.

The Goal of a Crystal Caravan

Children of the village of Tipa, whether Clavat, Selkie, Lilty or Yuke, are chosen to venture out into the wilderness in a caravan to protect their village from a poisonous gas cloud known as the Miasma that engulfs the entire world. They must find magical trees called Myrrh trees out in the wilderness. These trees produce one droplet of myrrh every two years, meaning the caravans must explore more of the world to replenish their supply of myrrh. Three droplets are needed every year to purify the town's crystal, which wards off miasma.

Miasma is pure poison. Even the slightest contact harms a person, and prolonged contact with it can cause death. Furthermore, it is the substance that is responsible for the appearance of the monsters. There has been speculation that the miasma even caused people to change into monsters.

It is said that long ago there was no Miasma and no monsters. I wonder what had changed? Throughout your journey you will come to understand the past, your present and perhaps the future. You will also interact with other caravans who are questing to protect their village as well.

Will you be able to protect your village or will you succumb to the miasma? Only time will tell...

Roles in a Caravan

Leader: The leader of the group. They are responsible for the entire group and keeping others safe. Not recommended for the weak of heart.

Vice Leader: Will help the leader decide on crucial details. Should be knowledgeable and dependable. They are usually left in charge of gil.

Chalice Holder: The person who keeps watch over the chalice. It is a very important job because without the chalice we will all be killed by the miasma. We also fail our village if we fail to keep our chalice. They don't do a whole lot of fighting so maybe someone weak but fast should be left in charge of this.

Cleric: In charge of the medical supplies for the group. Can dual as a warrior if needed.

Scavengers (2): Keeper of food and making sure our pantry is always stocked. Also highly knowledgeable about the treasures of the world. Dual as a warrior/cleric if needed.

Warriors (2): Will hold off the monsters and fight to keep our caravan alive. Should have some clue as to what a monster is and how to defend the caravan from them. They are capable of doubling as clerics but will never be as good as the designated cleric.

**These will be decided in game by the entire caravan. Yes, we are a democracy. If there is a particular role you're interested in for your character be sure to say so in your profile.

Family Trades

For a village to work each family must contribute something to the village. These trades help a village function and support itself. It also opens up communications to other villages if we diverse ourselves. These are a first come, first serve. Some trades are meant for certain tribes but Tipa is highly diverse so maybe your family specializes in something unexpected!

Alchemist - In an Alchemist family, the father will create different scrolls for weapons and accessories each year depending on their level.

Blacksmith - In a Blacksmith family, the father will be able to craft different weapons and armours.

Farmer - In a Farmer family, they are able to create Wheat when sent Wheat Seeds.

Fisherman - In a Fisherman family, the player will receive different amounts of fish each year depending on the character's relationship with their family.

Merchant - In a Merchant family, the character will be able to purchase items from their father. In the beginning, he will not have much to sell, but as he levels up his inventory will grow. Depending on their relationship with their family, they will be able to purchase items at a cheaper price.

Miller - In a Miller family, they are able to create Wheat just like the Farmer family, as well as Bags of Flour.

Rancher - In a Rancher family, the character will receive different amounts of meat depending on their relationship with their family. Later on, they will also receive milk from their family.

Tailor - In a Tailor family, the father will be able to craft different accessories. As they level up, they will be able to craft accessories.

The Tribes

There are four tribes that make up the world. Tipa, our village, is a special place where all tribes live in harmony. Some places frown upon certain tribes while others embrace only one. Depending which tribe you are from will decide how you are viewed in the world.

Clavat: "Many of Tipa's residents belong to this tribe of unity and friendship. They are gentle by nature and dislike conflict. When disputes arise, they do whatever they can to resolve them. It is said that an air of tranquility follows them wherever they go."

Clavat Information (click to show)

Lilty: "These little warriors have lived all over the world since ancient times. Long ago, they ruled the world, and many still believe themselves to be superior to others. Though they can be hotheaded, they are also confident and down-to-earth. Liltian merchants are some of the best around."

Lilty Information (click to show)

Yuke: "The Yukes are a mysterious tribe of great lore and wisdom. Many of these sages live quietly in Shella. In the ancient wars, they were able to resist the invading Liltian armies thanks to their magical prowess. Now, they spend their days teaching magic to others. Some say that Yukes assumed their current form to augment their magical talents."

Yuke Information (click to show)

Selkie: "These rugged individuals clothe themselves in fur decorated with stolen goods. Unlike other tribes, they believe in putting themselves first. Many Selkies are agile and athletic, traits they put to good use as thieves. Though the other tribes tend to scorn them, some Selkie now reside in Clavatian villages."

Selkie Information (click to show)

Rules

1. I am Raem, what I say goes!
2. No godmodding, powerplaying, bunnying, etc.
3. No one liners or chat speak. I'm not going to enforce a 250 word minimum like I did in Abstraction but I do expect at least a paragraph (which is about 100-150 words minimum).
4. Family trades are first come first serve.
5. Please, please, please, gender ratio should be even DX There's 8 spots overall so this gives 4 girls and 4 boys. I will also request that tribe ratio is even as well.
6. If you choose an image from above as your character's image please say so. No two people can have the same image.
7. Maximum of two characters per person (since there is total limit of 8 spots total).
8. So I know you've read the rules I would like you to put this at the end of your profile:

"(character's name), the (family trade)'s daughter/son, is sent off by her/his father (father's name here), her/his mother (mother's name), his/her sister/brother (name), and his/her sister/brother (name)."

The Code

Name: You can name your player whatever you wish. However, name ideas have been suggested.
Tribe: Clavat, Lilty, Yuke or Selkie
Family Trade: Pick from list
Role in Caravan: Listed above. If there is a particular role you wish to be please state so here.

Weapon: Clavats wield swords and shields, Lilties wield axes and spears, Yukes wield hammers and staffs while Selkies wield rackets and bows.
Artifacts: These will be revealed through the roleplay. List here x

Personality: Please no perfects, everyone has flaws.

Appearance: Feel free to use an image above to keep with the game. You still need to describe it here though.

Past: Did you live somewhere before Tipa or perhaps your a native? Maybe you can't remember a thing? It's truly up to you.

This post has been edited by Countess Noxi: Oct 30 2011, 05:53 PM

--------------------

The Ribbon Elite
Cut you up like ribbons!
| DeviantART | My Art Blog | Formspring | Subeta |

Roleplays

A Case of Apathy Syndrome

If you want me to join your rp send me a PM! I don't bite <3

Fun Things (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Countess Noxi
post Oct 26 2011, 08:02 PM
Post #2

Countess of the Grey May
Group Icon

The Ribbon Elite

The World

The world in which we live is a complex place filled with four tribes and monsters galore. Not a single explorer or caravan has travelled the entire world but maybe our caravan will be the first. As we explore more of the world our journal will fill up with entries about the places we have visited.

Tipa Peninsula (click to show)

Ironmine Downs (click to show)

Kilanda Island (click to show)

Lynari Island (click to show)

Plains of Fum (click to show)

Vale of Alfitaria (click to show)

Veo Lu (click to show)

Rebena Plains (click to show)

The Abyss (click to show)

This post has been edited by Countess Noxi: Oct 26 2011, 10:32 PM

--------------------

The Ribbon Elite
Cut you up like ribbons!

Roleplays

+Quote Post

Countess Noxi
post Oct 26 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #3

Countess of the Grey May
Group Icon

The Ribbon Elite

Tipa's Crystal Caravan

Leader:

Name here (click to show)

Co-Leader:

Chalice Bearer

Cleric

Scavengers

Warriors

This post has been edited by Countess Noxi: Oct 30 2011, 07:20 PM

--------------------

The Ribbon Elite
Cut you up like ribbons!

Roleplays

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Oct 26 2011, 08:07 PM
Post #4

Some frickin' video game nerd.
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 016

Unbreakable Team

Dear God, I was thinking about how awesome an RP like this would be cool!

I know I'll regret this, but I'm in. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Countess Noxi
post Oct 26 2011, 08:08 PM
Post #5

Countess of the Grey May
Group Icon

The Ribbon Elite

Amg yes Darkie XDDD *dances* I'm so glad you decided to join.
I've been dying to roleplay something like this but no one ever has any idea what I'm talking about or just too intimidated by it.

--------------------

The Ribbon Elite
Cut you up like ribbons!

Roleplays

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Oct 26 2011, 08:23 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

I'll take... Male Lilty and Female Selkie if possible. c:

--------------------
+Quote Post

Countess Noxi
post Oct 26 2011, 08:32 PM
Post #7

Countess of the Grey May
Group Icon

The Ribbon Elite

Yeah I might as well let you XD I'll make my female into a Clavat instead.

--------------------

The Ribbon Elite
Cut you up like ribbons!

Roleplays

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Oct 26 2011, 08:38 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

On second thought, I think a Clavat would suit the character I have in mind more. |D

This post has been edited by Darkrow: Oct 26 2011, 08:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Countess Noxi
post Oct 26 2011, 08:39 PM
Post #9

Countess of the Grey May
Group Icon

The Ribbon Elite

Make up your mind silly XD

--------------------

The Ribbon Elite
Cut you up like ribbons!

Roleplays

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Oct 26 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Clavaaaat, it suits her better. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Countess Noxi
post Oct 26 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #11

Countess of the Grey May
Group Icon

The Ribbon Elite

Alright you can haz a female Clavat XD I want my Selkie back!

--------------------

The Ribbon Elite
Cut you up like ribbons!

Roleplays

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Oct 26 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

I'm surprised you're not surprised that I chose a MALE Lilty. |D

--------------------
+Quote Post

Countess Noxi
post Oct 26 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #13

Countess of the Grey May
Group Icon

The Ribbon Elite

... *does a double take* Wait a minute... *triple take* ...WHAT THE SHINANIGANS YOU'RE MAKING A MALE CHARACTER?! WHAT IS THIS?! XD

--------------------

The Ribbon Elite
Cut you up like ribbons!

Roleplays

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Oct 26 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

IT'S CALLED TRAINING. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Countess Noxi
post Oct 26 2011, 08:46 PM
Post #15

Countess of the Grey May
Group Icon

The Ribbon Elite

Alright fine then XD You call it training and I call it craziness!

--------------------

The Ribbon Elite
Cut you up like ribbons!

Roleplays

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Oct 26 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

I need to get better at making INTERESTING male characters. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Countess Noxi
post Oct 26 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #17

Countess of the Grey May
Group Icon

The Ribbon Elite

You can do it XD *cheers you on*

--------------------

The Ribbon Elite
Cut you up like ribbons!

Roleplays

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Oct 26 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Name: Noka

Tribe: Lilty

Family Trade: Blacksmith

Role in Caravan: I’d see him as a warrior (you know, being a Lilty and all), but he could be anything that doesn’t need magic, really.

Weapon: A bardiche (it’s the weapon the male Lilties are portrayed with in the pictures)

Artifacts: N/A

Personality: Noka is a quiet, reserved Lilty in public, not talking much and seeming like the strong, silent type of person, but when you get to know him, he’s one of the most idiotic (in a good way) guys you’ll ever meet. With people he doesn’t know, he rarely speaks unless it’s important and will do so in a monotone voice. This will also happen if he’s in public with friends since he doesn’t feel comfortable when people he doesn’t know hear him speak.

This is due to him not really enjoying the fact that he’s considered adorable by people, reason why he hides under his helmet. He would rather be liked for what he is than what he looks like. The only times he’ll accept to remove it is to sleep or when he feels like the person he’s talking to need to see his eyes, mainly to show that he’s being sincere. When he’s doing the former, he makes sure no one will see his face as well.

He’s a dedicated hard-worker who isn’t really open to outside help when he feels he doesn’t need it. He’s also stubborn and has trouble accepting the truth when he’s wrong, but he’ll admit that he was wrong when he comes to term with his stubborness. He’s rather proud of his skills and tends to be overconfident at times.

He has a bit of a disdain of the opposite gender, mainly out of fear and how annoying the females he has met were like: all squealing and pinching his cheeks while declaring him the “most adorable little thing ever”. As a result, he tends to try and avoid girls as much as he can, but if has to interact with one, he’ll make sure it’s short and sweet. He tries to stay distant from them as well since he knows that he becomes shy when many surround him.

Despite being cheerful and amusing when with friends, most of his personal story is a mystery to them. He also refuses to reveal more of it when asked and will even become annoyed, which is rare for him, if they keep bugging him. Angering him, while seemingly hard at first, is very easy once you know how to push his buttons. It’s simple; just call him an “Onion”. You’re guaranteed to get a Lilty fist in your stomach in an instant along with yelling.

Noka’s motto is simple: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”. He lives by his motto and he often says it when he feels like one of his friends is treating someone unlike the way he’d treat them if he was in their shoes. He’s a natural peacekeeper when within a group as well.

The little Lilty is, unlike the stereotypical male, polite and has good manners. He dislikes it when someone shows little manners, but he won’t voice his displeasure. Similarly, he will, sadly, judge people based on how he has seen them act before even coming into contact with them. This can result in him disliking someone for a single mistake they made while he was watching.

One thing that must not be overlooked about this bite-sized cutie is that his fighting prowess is amazing for such a young Lilty. With an almost perfect fighting record, very few have managed to defeat him in a clean one on one battle, those who have were, quite amusingly, all Yukes, which he tends to mock rather uncharacteristically due to his dislike of magic. He believes that a good warrior should not resort to magic to win a battle.

He follows a strict code of honor as well, not being interested in fighting someone who is clearly not as skilled as himself unless they’re a friend. Furthermore, he will never fight to the death and stop the fight before his opponent gets gravely injured unless they are a dangerous enemy. He also has trouble saying no to a challenge and he will always try to help someone in need, even if they’re female.

Appearance: (See fourth male Lilty image for outfit reference.)

Noka is shorter and rounder than most Lilties, but this in no way affects his fighting skills nor does it affect his life as a whole, safe for the insults thrown at him. He hides his plump face under a somewhat rectangular, blocky iron helmet that covers his eyes and nose. It’s unknown how he can even see where he’s going, but he does. The top of the helmet lets the tip of his sprout-like head come out as well.

Under the strange helmet, Noka’s face is rather adorable, with permanently flushed cheeks and bright green eyes, which is rare amongst Lilties, who usually have pale blue eyes. His stubby little nose is a prime target for females’ poking, which is another reason why he wears the awkward helmet. It also grants him spectacular protection against blunt attacks, though the sound of the hit may deafen him for a bit.

His entire, chubby body is covered with a heavy suit of armor that does a wonderful job at protecting him from incoming attacks his bardice just cannot block. The only skin visible is the lower part of his face while the rest is under his thick armor. He straps his weapon on his back when he’s not using it.

Past: Son of a pair of blacksmiths from Marr’s Pass that moved to Alfitaria shortly after he was born, Noka has always been interested in the art of combat, so much in fact that his parents convinced one of the royal guards to train him during his time off, which is why he’s such an accomplished fighter. He learned the basics slowly, though the rest came almost naturally. His parents were (and still are) the ones who forged his weapons.

When he wasn’t training with the guard, he was mostly being chased around by Lilty females, including his sisters, of his age that wanted to hug and cuddle him because he was cute. However, all they did was scare him, really, and he grew up scared of women, and therefore, of his sisters. There are also darker events that he does not want to talk about, reveal or even remember, so no one knows what happened. All that is known is that he joined the Alfitarian Caravan to help them escort his parents to Tipa as they wanted to move there now (they were semi-nomadic in the eyes of many). He enjoyed the experience even though he was only a Chalice Holder for most of the voyage, serving as a warrior occasionally. As a result, he decided to join the Tipa Caravan in the near future. Sadly, that meant working with girls…

And thus, Noka, the blacksmith's son, is sent off by his father Yaro, his mother Kima, her sister Hidla, and his other sister Shah.

I hope this is okay. |D

--------------------
+Quote Post

Countess Noxi
post Oct 26 2011, 10:40 PM
Post #19

Countess of the Grey May
Group Icon

The Ribbon Elite

Oh my gosh Darkie that is perfect <3 I'm so proud of you! I cannot wait to see you roleplay as him~

I still need to work on my character. Seriously, I've been working on information for the past 4 hours XD

--------------------

The Ribbon Elite
Cut you up like ribbons!

Roleplays

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Oct 26 2011, 10:43 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

R-Really? Perfect?

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:58 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.