Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Trainer Training, "A School for Trainers Old and New"
knil1
post Dec 1 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #1

also known as Duzzel. ^_^
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3 392

Dream Party

Koryu sat at his table alone, looking at all that Barley had to offer in the variety of brochures he had collected just from coming off the boat. The businesses had actually sent people to advertise their company for people visiting. One brochure had a coupon offering half off at a hotel, while another one offered 75% off. Koryu merely tossed them in the trash. He didn’t enjoy sleeping indoors; he liked watching the stars in sky and all of the nocturnal pokémon. Koryu put the last spoonful of lemon ice he had in his bowl and stood up. Being in the sun again, his eyes turned their bright blue. He saw some people staring at his them, which was strange because he never thought of them as something worth looking at, but apparently they did. He bent down and picked up Chiki’s food bowl. The Chikorita growled. She wasn’t done, but Koryu doesn’t over feed his pokémon.

As he threw away the bowls, he smiled, “I can’t have people confusing my Chikorita with a Miltank.” He chuckled, and his Bulbasaur grinned. Chiki was awestruck. She is very concerned about her physical appearance and hearing what her loving owner just said made her want to cry.
Koryu laughed again.

Koryu still had seven more brochures to look at, so he sat back at the shaded table, making his eyes turn back to their usual shining green. He quickly lost interest when a large wave crashed against the shoreline on the Beach next to the boardwalk. The kids ran screaming and laughing as the water consumed their feet. People placed too close to the shoreline were upset when their stuff got all wet. The sun shone down on the glistening white sand and the blue-green ocean. Trainers were out in the water with their water pokémon and Koryu saw a Seel splashing around antagonizing other pokémon to get them to play with her. Soon a Pidgey flew out to it and cawed. She responded by swimming back to shore. She waddled up the sand and sat next to Koryu.
“Great, you’re all sandy.” Mercury barked and smiled. Koryu smiled back at her and returned her to the poke ball in his backpack.

The three brochures that Koryu first looked at were advertising restaurants, but a nice little ice cream stop suited him fine. He had been too many expensive restaurants with his parents while living in Goldenrod. They weren’t exactly his kind of places to eat.

The rest didn’t seem like looking at, so he threw them away too.

Koryu stood up and walked along the boardwalk. There were many small businesses. Most were stores that contained trinkets for collections or just souvenirs. It was difficult for Koryu to avoid entering the shops and buying every shiny thing in the store, but with help from Kakyoku, he did fine. Actually, the little Bulbasaur’s way of keeping him out was by using his vines as a leash, which was embarrassing, but Koryu didn’t really care.

Soon, he came across a line protruding from a large building. The building was a light blue, but being so close to the ocean, the color was worn and the building itself looked very old, but it was pretty large. Koryu walked to the front of the line, which stopped at the front door, which was presumably locked. The faded sign read: “Trainer Training: A school for Trainers Old and New”

Below the sign was a laminated sheet of paper that looked extremely ordinary next to the elaborate sign.
"Classes Monday through Wednesday.
Classes are absolutely free!"

He walked to the person at the front of the line, who seemed to be around nine years old.
“What is this place?”
“You mean you don’t know about Trainer Training? Where are you from?”
“Well, I just got off a-“
“It’s only Barley’s best Trainer School. It’s basically a refresher course for older trainers and an introductory course for new ones.” Koryu was amazed at his vocabulary. “I’ve already been here four times this month. Even though the classes sound different, they really aren’t. It’s the same class for all ages, but they’re all equally great. It lasts for 3 days, but it teaches you the necessities of Trainer life." Koryu stood silent as the boy took another breath and looked at the clock. "It’s about to open. Stand here with me.” Koryu looked at all of the people behind him. He got some fierce glances thrown at him and Koryu could only respond by turning back around and play innocent. The boy looked back at him, “And the best thing about it, it’s absolutely free!”

Soon it was 2:30 and the bell rung. The boy and his friends all got excited. He thought they might just bust the door open when some women in uniform opened the door and welcomed everybody in. It was much larger on the inside, but it did have to accommodate all of the people outside. Chiki responded by running to what looked like a waiting area and jumped on the couches. Viera flew up and sat on the chandelier and Kyo just went and sat next to Chiki. Koryu was embarrassed and looked around. He saw many other pokémon doing the same and Koryu was instantly relieved. He pulled out his poke balls and returned the pokémon.

“You look new, so I guess this is where we part ways.” Koryu smiled when he figured out that the kid thought he was better than him. But he then thought that there was the chance he was.

Then seven people appeared before the mass of people and one man stood on a platform behind them.

“Welcome to Trainer Training! You will now be divided into groups!” People began talking and Koryu had no idea what anyone was saying until one of the seven people came up to him and tagged him with a sticker.
“Hello, I am Ms. Ferguson. You will be in class B.” She had long, red hair, probably midway down her back. She had put it in a pony tail and threw in over her shoulder so it dangled over her chest. To Koryu, she was actually very attractive and looked to be about 26. Koryu smiled and nodded, and with that, she ran off to tag other people.

Once it was almost quiet, the man, who Koryu suspected ran the business, on the pedestal spoke up again, “Alright! I see everyone has been tagged, now for classes. Your room number is on your sticker. In five minutes you will be allowed to go to your classrooms. Have a wonderful three days here at Trainer Training.” People began conversing again and soon enough a bell rang and people started heading to their classes. While walking to classroom 13, Koryu could only think,
“What have I gotten myself into?”

This post has been edited by knil1: Feb 16 2010, 09:49 PM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Dragava
post May 21 2010, 06:50 AM
Post #2

Artist Wannabe
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3 774

Lizzie's Lovlies

Lizzie noticed that it was getting dark after every trainer had a chance to battle. The other classes, which were on slightly different schedules, were also in the school grounds. Some of them, Lizzie noted, were finishing up with some contest battling. Another group looked like they were trying to use new pokemon as they were not very confident with battling. There was also a line-up; one of the classes had finished earlier than them and were going to get their food. from a Chansey that was running a stew pot.

"Looks like we are done for the day," Ms.furguston explained, "There is stew if anyone's hungry, the line-up is right there, so it should be hard to miss. If anyone does not want to wait, they can set up their sleeping bag or tent, just ask that Machoke over there and it will give you what you want. Only one sleeping bag or tent per student."

Most of the class headed to the line where stew was being served. Lizzie, who could not wait in such a long line, headed to the Machoke.

"I think I would like a tent." Lizzie thought that a tent would give her more privacy, at the cost to the comfort of her sleeping area. The Machoke nodded. It took a tent out of a box, and quickly set it up.

"Man?" Lizzie took that as a "where would you like the tent?".

"Oh, over there, I guess," Lizzie said, pointing to a spot close to to some berry bushes. Machoke nodded, and called out a Machop, who took the tent to Lizzie's desired spot.

"Thanks."

"Machoke!"

The line was a good deal shorter now, so Lizzie had no real reason to join in and wait. When she got to the front of the line, the Chansey handed her a paper bowl full of stew, and a paper bag of pokemon food. Lizzie stepped aside and finished her stew without much thought. She tossed the empty utensils into a nearby bin, then headed back to the tent. She knew that the Riolu on her shoulders was hungry, and so was Charmander.

When she was back in the tent, she let Charmander out of its pokeball. She ripped the bag in two, and put some of the food on the paper. It was too early o sleep, but it did not stop Lizzie from trying. The ground was not as comfortable as she would like, but it was bearable. The hard ground made her feel homesick, however. Besides her pokemon, there were none of the familiar soungs and smells from her home. Her mother's Murkrou was not sighing pleasantly after having the leftovers from dinner, her Scyther was not stretching noisily, and her Gligar was not sighing. The sound of a tired budew did help to ease her homesickness, though...

A tired Budew? Lizzie opened her eyes. Her two pokemon were looking at the 'intruder'. It was a Budew, tired, and wondering what Lizzie's tent was doing near it's favorite haunt. It had a shy streak, Lizzie noted, because when Riolu introduced herself, Budew darted out of the tent, then peeked in through the tent flaps. Lizzie smiled at it, it reminded her a little of herself.

"So, you hang around here often?" Budew hesitated, then gave a little nod. "You look tired. Want to rest in here for the night?" Budew looked at Lizzie, and nodded after some encouragement from Riolu.

"You know, Budew," Lizzie started, your kind are very common where I come from. It's not really much of a surprise, I guess; there are flowers everywhere."

"Bud."

"It's a peaceful place, if you don't count the people living there."

"Bud, budew."

"How about you, you like it here, don't you?"

"Bud, budew, bud bud dew bud."

"I liked it at home too, but now that I think about it, there is a lot to see, isn't there?

"Budew?"

"For one thing, there are so many pokemon I don't know about." To prove her point, Lizzie took her pokedex out and keyed in a random number. A Dragonite appeared on the screen.

"I have never seen this pokemon before, and I am sure you haven't either," Lizzie said over the pokedex description.

"Bud, bud."

"Do you want to see more? Okay, let's look up 'budew'."

"Budew, the bud pokemon. It is sensitive to temperature and is said to release spores when it feels the warm touch of the sun."

"bud." Budew gave another yawn, "budew."

"Alright then, good night."

"bud."

"Yes, what is it?" Riolu knew exactly what the budew wanted. It nabbed one of Lizzie's empty pokeballs and showed it to Budew. Budew hesitated, but after encouragement from Riolu, Budew pressed the Pokeball and activated the capture mechanism. Afterwards, Lizzie picked the pokeball up and looked at it. She really did not expect to catch Budew, but she felt relieved that she found a part of home in Furoh.

Pokemon Capture! (click to show)

This post has been edited by Dragava: May 27 2010, 07:14 PM

--------------------
I'm trying to evolve/hatch: (Views are fine.)

Roleplaying Info (click to show)

Dragons/Others (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
knil1   Trainer Training   Dec 1 2009, 11:12 PM
Mechanical Lullaby   Waker was having an off day. For one thing, the ...   Dec 1 2009, 11:57 PM
berry314   "Obviously I didn't bring any money, I wa...   Dec 2 2009, 04:10 PM
Gearbits   Living on the ocean gave a man a certain swagger t...   Dec 2 2009, 07:01 PM
berry314   Miss. Ferguson walked into the classroom. "W...   Dec 17 2009, 09:57 PM
Luxembourg   The children in classroom 13 murmured excitedly am...   Dec 17 2009, 10:26 PM
Gearbits   Sawyer smiled, as the kids milled around, a few we...   Dec 18 2009, 05:03 AM
knil1   Koryu watched as his other classmates piled toward...   Dec 19 2009, 12:16 PM
Luxembourg   Waker's laughter began to subside. I hope nobo...   Dec 22 2009, 04:56 PM
berry314   Lizzie waited for a bit, observing the conversatio...   Feb 11 2010, 09:51 PM
Luxembourg   Quickly making his way back to his seat, Waker pul...   Mar 3 2010, 08:44 PM
Dragava   Lizzie looked at the words in the notebook. She wa...   Mar 3 2010, 10:10 PM
knil1   Koryu watched as the trainers slowly huddled into ...   Mar 7 2010, 04:27 PM
Dragava   Lizzie decided to wait and see what Waker would wr...   Mar 19 2010, 10:01 AM
Luxembourg   Waker gave the girl a weak smile at her quiet resp...   Apr 5 2010, 02:54 PM
Dragava   Lizzie felt the attention of the group shift to Wa...   Apr 5 2010, 03:25 PM
knil1   Koryu cringed as the silent trainer slammed the po...   Apr 17 2010, 02:04 PM
Dragava   Riolu listened to the Chikorita's suggestion o...   Apr 18 2010, 08:26 PM
Lux Cruxis   Waker dropped the berry into the machine, laughing...   Apr 21 2010, 06:57 PM
Dragava   "There are some things you need to keep in mi...   Apr 22 2010, 04:43 PM
R3ignlasting   "Oh, so this is Barely Academy," Don exc...   Apr 24 2010, 12:43 PM
Dragava   Lizzie made her way outside, since that was the lo...   May 1 2010, 11:21 AM
R3ignlasting   Don sat in a dark room with Spark for about 20 min...   May 18 2010, 10:34 PM
Dragava   It would not be a good idea to turn down the boy w...   May 19 2010, 03:29 PM
R3ignlasting   "Well, I can't ignore it, Lizzie was a go...   May 19 2010, 10:39 PM
Dragava   Lizzie looked at the new boy curiously. She did no...   May 20 2010, 06:57 AM
R3ignlasting   Ms. Furgeson handed Don a note with words on it. B...   May 20 2010, 02:38 PM

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:28 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.