Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
"Back in my day GPX+ had ____", For the oldies (like me) who have been here a long while.
When did you join?
What year?
2008 or before [ 13 ]  [5.53%]
2009 [ 136 ]  [57.87%]
2010 [ 33 ]  [14.04%]
2011 [ 20 ]  [8.51%]
2012 [ 16 ]  [6.81%]
2013 [ 8 ]  [3.40%]
2014 [ 3 ]  [1.28%]
2015 [ 6 ]  [2.55%]
Total Votes: 235
Guests cannot vote 

TemptingTomorrow
post Jul 16 2015, 10:35 PM
Post #21

Smeargle Addict
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 158 009

Smeargle Addict

We had images on our front/public page of the Pokemon which we were hunting (loved it spooooo much)

BRING BACK SHINY IMAGES!'

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Jul 28 2015, 11:37 AM
Post #22

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

Back in my day we didn't have this newfangled Berry feeder. We fed berries by hand, and opened multiple tabs to mass-click. And summon items were hard to find. No explorations to help get them.

Damn, I sound like a Grumpy Old Lady.

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Esc
post Jul 28 2015, 05:46 PM
Post #23

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

^
Ha, do you remember using opera to click cause it was fastest. lol, good old days. it was a mission to get 30 k in a day. Now.. Not so much.
I FOUND THIS. OMG (click to show)

This post has been edited by Esc: Jul 28 2015, 05:48 PM

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

Numpty
post Sep 22 2015, 08:57 PM
Post #24

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 231 513

Shay Group

How far we've come since 2004-ish!

I only joined on May 7th of this year.

--------------------
This is funny. (click to show)
+Quote Post

Takodachi
post Sep 22 2015, 09:00 PM
Post #25

Dancing Through Sunday
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 74 320

get dark, get dark

I remember back when Arceus thrasher (now Gambrinous Antiscian) was banned, but then unbanned when he posted his method of mass clicking. It was a lot more tedious than button-mashing the 1-5 keys, that's for sure.

Also, I remember how easily we missed treasure chests, Missingno, and Manaphy because they only stayed for one page.

EDIT: Oh yeah, back in my day, people actually cared about Slime Slugma.

This post has been edited by Ayy Lmao: Sep 22 2015, 09:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Draknir
post Sep 22 2015, 09:10 PM
Post #26

We salute being 20% cooler.
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 349

Yellow Nuzlocke Team

Back in my day, there wasn't any sort of shop. You just had to hope you found the needed item for evolving a Pokemon. Also, there was only one Novelty.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Numpty
post Sep 22 2015, 09:29 PM
Post #27

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 231 513

Shay Group

And that novelty was Dracowymsy, named after Commander Wymsy.

--------------------
This is funny. (click to show)
+Quote Post

Targaryen
post Nov 29 2015, 03:54 PM
Post #28

Mother of Dragons
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 261

Favorites

I remember the huge drama about 1 clickers and people actually using their journals because you had to go to a user's profile to click their party (no Berry Clicker to massclick). I'm sure there's people who still use their journals obviously but journals back then were more widely read by others because it was right in your face clicking parties.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lolly
post Feb 26 2016, 04:07 PM
Post #29

Just a somebody
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 231

Active Squad

Oh man...I recently got back into this game after a long hiatus and..It's changed a lot!! I just wanted to make a thread to try and remember how the site ran when it was fairly new! I joined March 2009 which was a awhile ago so I am sure I am missing a few details to feel free to jump in!!

-There was no such thing as a berry feeder. You used linkclump and abused ctrl+tab to mass click and prayed your internet wouldn't crash when you opened up those separate tabs

-There were no explorations. Legendaries were given to random (active?) players and you prayed you were picked that month. Donators I thiiinnnk were given something automatically..?

-One of the main ways to get a novelty was to snipe it off of the shelter (and everyone and their dog wanted one GOOD LUCK)

-There was no Safari Zone. Pokemon and Eggs used to be in one place

-When One Clickers were very frowned upon (are they still?)

-When some people clicked back according to the percentage their own party was clicked

-Ditto was very, very, very hard to get. (didn't have an exploration you had to find one)

-When there wasn't an "one hour hatch" mechanism implemented yet (think perpetual +hatch)

-No pokechests, shinerecorder, vs seeker, underground, pass powers, shop, battles, trinkets, Pokewalker (BLESS THE POKEWALKER)

-I think at some point achievements were also new and not a part of the first year of the site?

The list can go on!! Feel free to add to the list if you can think of anything I missed, or correct something I didn't remember correctly. !

Mega kudos to the programmers, mods, and everyone involved with keeping this site on its feet and moving forward. Absolutely fantastic job, and I look forward to seeing what else you guys have planned!
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Feb 26 2016, 05:37 PM
Post #30

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

There's a thread like this already, granted it was last used in 2015.

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Jen
post Feb 26 2016, 06:03 PM
Post #31

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Welcome back!

QUOTE(Lolly @ Feb 26 2016, 03:07 PM) *
There were no explorations. Legendaries were given to random (active?) players and you prayed you were picked that month. Donators I thiiinnnk were given something automatically..?

I remember getting my first Darkrai this way. It was ridiculously exciting, because I love Darkrai!

This event system has made a come back though! The 2nd post of the community threads will always have the information every month.

QUOTE(Lolly @ Feb 26 2016, 03:07 PM) *
-When One Clickers were very frowned upon (are they still?)

No. With the way the site is now, it's hard to hold a grudge against anyone who one clicked you. Or to even one click at all. hah!

As Gryphaena said, there is already a similar topic, so I'm going to go ahead and merge this with the other one just because the other one hasn't gotten to the second page yet. Please feel free to continue the discussion. happy.gif Thanks for coming back and using the forums as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post

skater221
post Mar 12 2016, 12:10 PM
Post #32

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 107

Active Squad

I just rediscovered this site yesterday and remember how much fun I had on here... Man time flies, what do you mean it was six years ago I was last on... damn, have lots of catching up to do:D All these changes are so confusing to me:P

EDIT: yeah I have not been on in a while as there is a reference to Myspace in my sig.. dang.

This post has been edited by skater221: Mar 12 2016, 12:11 PM

--------------------

charizards (click to show)

trophies (click to show)

awsome facts (click to show)

other (click to show)
+Quote Post

Snowsky
post Mar 29 2016, 09:53 AM
Post #33

Malachite pride~
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 905

Team Nando!

- Everyone's journal entry had a rant about how one-clickers were the spawn of the devil and/or the "I licked an X and now I'm Y" meme.
- To get a Ditto, you had to hang around the lab nearly 24/7 and hope that you were lucky enough to see one spawn and grab it before someone else did.
- There was a reminder from Professor Cypress to feed her party that was sometimes replaced by a sprite of her head on top of Chuck's body. It was accompanied by the message, "RAWR, I'M PROFESSOR BENCHPRESS! INTERACT WITH MY POKEMON OR I'LL INTERACT MY FIST WITH YOUR FACE!!!"
- All achievements you had were displayed with little icons. Nowadays you can only choose about 10 to show off. *old lady grumble*
- Legendary/novelty eggs were given out through events and you had to leave a slot open in your party if you were hoping to get one.

--------------------

i dream in verdant and emerald

+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Mar 29 2016, 02:07 PM
Post #34

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(Snowsky @ Mar 29 2016, 03:53 PM) *
the "I licked an X and now I'm Y" meme

Where did that come from / how did it start? I saw it around when I first joined and I always wondered why it was there.

Legendary/novelty eggs were given out through events and you had to leave a slot open in your party if you were hoping to get one.

We still do that!

This post has been edited by Cycloneblaze: Mar 29 2016, 02:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Sundaisy
post Apr 18 2016, 01:23 PM
Post #35

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 235 852

Favorite Active squad

I remember join in 2011since I lost yahoo email here with first user name then I join again this year with new user and email. I been here for since 2011 long time o. And I sometimes on and off with busy and etc. Also lots change since now like adding new pokemons and etc. Good luck you guys. 😃

--------------------

+Quote Post

Snowsky
post May 12 2016, 08:03 PM
Post #36

Malachite pride~
Group Icon

Team Nando!

QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Mar 29 2016, 03:07 PM) *

Where did that come from / how did it start? I saw it around when I first joined and I always wondered why it was there.

I personally have no idea. I think it just happened.

Some users liked to keep their favorite Pokémon in their parties 24/7. They were dressed up, had nicknames and long descriptions, and were level 100 from spending all the time in their owner's party.

A few people still do this, but the trend mostly died off because of the inconvenience of having one of your party slots semi-permanently occupied.

This post has been edited by Snowsky: May 12 2016, 08:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Emmagurd
post Jun 10 2016, 02:46 PM
Post #37

Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 116

Mamolicious

QUOTE(Snowsky @ May 13 2016, 01:03 AM) *

Some users liked to keep their favorite Pokémon in their parties 24/7. They were dressed up, had nicknames and long descriptions, and were level 100 from spending all the time in their owner's party.

A few people still do this, but the trend mostly died off because of the inconvenience of having one of your party slots semi-permanently occupied.

^ I still do this ^^ (See Snuffles the Mamoswine - she's been in my party since forever!)

Back in my day, I was called Captain Epic xD That changed when I eventually made Emmagurd my online name everywhere a couple of years ago.

Also, clicking had to be done in individual tabs. And you could see the progress of eggs (like physical appearance of a half hatched egg) in the shelter! When you summoned a legendary, it was literally a free-for-all! There was none of this pass power stuff or the rule where only you can see it for the first 5 mins. Literally anyone and everyone could grab it xD

--------------------

I do gaming videos! grin.gif Please have a look!
Emmagurd's Youtube

My fiancé does gaming videos for Minecraft, PVK and other stuff! Please take a look! grin.gif
DavidiansLair's Youtube

Made by Bonnie Clyde

+Quote Post

Snowsky
post Jun 25 2016, 07:07 PM
Post #38

Malachite pride~
Group Icon

Team Nando!

QUOTE(Emmagurd @ Jun 10 2016, 03:46 PM) *
QUOTE(Snowsky @ May 13 2016, 01:03 AM) *

^ I still do this ^^ (See Snuffles the Mamoswine - she's been in my party since forever!)

Back in my day, I was called Captain Epic xD That changed when I eventually made Emmagurd my online name everywhere a couple of years ago.

Also, clicking had to be done in individual tabs. And you could see the progress of eggs (like physical appearance of a half hatched egg) in the shelter! When you summoned a legendary, it was literally a free-for-all! There was none of this pass power stuff or the rule where only you can see it for the first 5 mins. Literally anyone and everyone could grab it xD

That is cool! I think I can name some users who I remember did or are still doing this, and their respective Pokémon:

- Captain Epic's/Emmagurd's Snuffles the Mamoswine, as seen above
- Burichu's Chuu the Raichu
- m190049's Raider the Scizor
- Amberfunk's Nuadha the Shiny Mothim
- LuigiFan219's Judy the Magcargo
- [forgot their name]'s Heart Flame the Gardevoir
- [forgot their name]'s Amelia the Gardevoir
- Swizzle's Kai the Wartortle
- [forgot their name]'s Cassius the Shiny Wurmple
- Pokii's Pokii the Pokii and Gerda the Shiny Dragonair
- Spoovo The Pirate's Luna the Shiny Umbreon
- Eltoshen's Park Hyomin the Shiny Ninetales
- PeaceFrog777's Ocean Eyes the Shiny Corsola
- [forgot their name]'s [forgot their nickname] the Shiny Shinx

Any more?

This post has been edited by Snowsky: Jun 26 2016, 04:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post Jul 1 2016, 08:20 PM
Post #39

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 890

pre-Gen V favs

I remember when the mobile site was first introduced and people used that to mass click.

also when getting ANY Legendary was prestigious, let alone a non-summonable one

--------------------
+Quote Post

Aether
post Jul 22 2016, 01:21 PM
Post #40

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 847

Active Squad

Joined in '09, and I remember when BELDUM was difficult to find. Yeah, a friggin' Beldum. And everyone would craze over Dracowymsys, and man, opening 200+ tabs to click the berries by hand. Ugh, the amount of time I wasted doing that!

--------------------
I Will Be King. And You, You Will Be Queen
David Bowie - Heroes - 1977

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:14 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.