Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
25 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
December Community Thread, What are your holiday traditions?
Kaname Date
post Dec 1 2016, 08:54 AM
Post #41

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 186 218

Active Squad

Not particularly surprised about the new Burmy novelty either, though it was kind of overshadowed by the Alolan starters. They are more interesting Pokémon than Burmy, though. Also, was the new novelty based off the Burmy without a cloak from the anime?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Dec 1 2016, 09:33 AM
Post #42

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Targaryen @ Dec 1 2016, 09:42 AM) *
:'( failed my shiny hunt. i either get my pokemon immediately or not at all, and it sucks ruuughh.

i just had my birthday recently (nov 27th) and i've been playing pokemon moon. what's everyone's favorite alola region pokemon? i really fell in love with formantis. i'm still learning the names and evolution ways but i figure once gpx includes the new pokemon, it'll be easy for me to learn the new names!

Sassazzle Salazzle is my favourite along with the Jangmo-o line happy.gif the Wimpod evolution is pretty sick too!

e: lol Salazar, thanks iPhone.

This post has been edited by x Sam: Dec 1 2016, 10:23 AM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Cryptic Lyric
post Dec 1 2016, 10:12 AM
Post #43

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 49 893

Favorites

I think my favorite of the new pokemon (that I've seen so far) is probably Rockruff's evo or Type:Null, which is terrifyingly cool.

Not sure which of the distribution events I would want to go with yet, if I actually remember to do it this time.

--------------------

Fan of most things nerdy. Currently obsessed with Critical Role, D&D, Sun Haven. Always in love with Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Pokemon (obviously), and a bunch of other things.
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Dec 1 2016, 10:17 AM
Post #44

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

I swear I don't know where this year went to, it happened way too fast. I'll be having my birthday on the 19th of this month, I'm going to be an even bigger old fart laughing.gif.

I started a shiny hunt for Litten, now all I need to do is hatch a female so I can have a breeding pair. I still have to get the other two starters but seeing as Litten is my favorite of the bunch I'm in no rush to get the other two. Maybe I'll get lucky and see the other two eggs in the shelter.

I haven't started an exploration yet, I'll be busy working the weekend and won't get much chance to sit down and do one. I'm in no rush though, I still have the other 30 days in the month.

Favorite new Pokemon in Sun is Lycanroc and Type: Null. I have the former in my team right now and I'll eventually get the latter too. I just have to get up to that point first, then I'll SR for a shiny one.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Vande
post Dec 1 2016, 10:28 AM
Post #45

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

QUOTE(RicFule @ Dec 1 2016, 05:26 AM) *
Only 3? Why not for the evolved forms as well?

And also? Wow. Mine is lagging severely. Is it everyone? Or just me?

Oh I will be evolving the trio lol. I hoard prize points :P

--------------------

+Quote Post

RicFule
post Dec 1 2016, 11:01 AM
Post #46

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Vande @ Dec 1 2016, 11:28 AM) *
QUOTE(RicFule @ Dec 1 2016, 05:26 AM) *
Only 3? Why not for the evolved forms as well?

And also? Wow. Mine is lagging severely. Is it everyone? Or just me?

Oh I will be evolving the trio lol. I hoard prize points :P

Well, I was mainly meaning for a Living Dex, where you were attempting to get a clean breeding pair. Not that that would be that easy since the female percentage is so much smaller.

I don't personally hoard mine. I just don't use them often. LOL

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Dec 1 2016, 11:03 AM
Post #47

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Ah loooooooooooooooooow la Everybody! grin.gif Loving the SWSH prize and said bye bye to all the prize points I earned from that hunt as I brought 2 more of the vouchers so that I could obtain one of each. Who will I start with? Why, Rowlett, of course! It's just so darn cuuuuuute!! love.gif I also chose it as my main starter in the game. I'll definitely use the other two vouchers to get Litten and Poppy *smirk* though because, well, ya know, I used Moon to get the other two starters for my game so I'll use the vouchers to get them for GPX. *thumbs up*

I want to thank the person who passed their two Onix off in the Shelter recently, too. It helped me to complete that last difficult task and now I've sped through and have my next Spike egg ready and waiting.

I also picked up some Lab fresh Burmy and will eagerly await their birth which, if I'm lucky (HA!) a strong wind will follow so I can see what this cloakless Burmy is all about and looks like.

Happy December, too! I am not sure if I'll vie for 2 of the novelty I chose or go for the Ekralyp one as well. I thought it might be nice, for those still needing, not to have to wait a full year to obtain a fresh Past, Present, or Future Pokemon. This way, you can possibly have 2 this month instead of just the one. But I totally get wanting the legendaries or another choice being offered (like Ekralyp) so good luck for whichever one you're vying for this month.

QUESTION Also, has it been explained, if we vye for the eggs on the 24th and 25th... if we get one on the 24th, are we still eligible for the one on the 25th also? That would be so cool if so, but I'm not sure.

As for the monthly explores, if I get the chance, I am planning on the Finding Your Muse and Diamonds are Forever. Those I've only done twice before and the other ones either six or three times (respectively). So yeah, those two are on my list of explores once I have a free party spot (and have used the new vouchers).

My favorite Alola Pokemon? A toss up between Rowlett (still so darn cuuuuuuuuute!) and Rockruff. I'm not very far in the game so I really don't know about many others. I do like how strong Pikipek is, but am looking forward to obtaining both forms of Rockruff (I've been told they evolve differently depending on your game).

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Cryptic Lyric
post Dec 1 2016, 11:41 AM
Post #48

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Favorites

As much as I want to start a shiny hunt for Popplio, I am adamant about finishing this darn Cranidos hunt! I need my red dino already, because this is taking too long.

I had a question for those of you who are playing Sun and Moon. What is your favorite of the new mechanics added into the game?
Honestly, I love the replacement of the gym battles and the need for HMs. It's just so interesting to see that the whole culture of Alola revolves around pokemon and people cooperating at all times.

--------------------

Fan of most things nerdy. Currently obsessed with Critical Role, D&D, Sun Haven. Always in love with Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Pokemon (obviously), and a bunch of other things.
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Dec 1 2016, 11:55 AM
Post #49

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Cryptic Lyric @ Dec 1 2016, 09:41 AM) *
I had a question for those of you who are playing Sun and Moon. What is your favorite of the new mechanics added into the game?
Honestly, I love the replacement of the gym battles and the need for HMs. It's just so interesting to see that the whole culture of Alola revolves around pokemon and people cooperating at all times.

Right off I can tell you one of my favorite features... cleaning them up after battles. No more need to go to another screen and spend hours playing with them all for the sake of one meager heart. I am enjoying how much easier it is to gain their love and loyalty.

I also love how, when you have a full party, and you capture a new Pokemon, you have a choice of boxing it or boxing a higher level Pokemon so that you can begin training right away. love.gif Seriously LOVE! that feature!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Dec 1 2016, 12:04 PM
Post #50

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

Well I was going to do Summon the Hero, and then I remembered...the Timburrs.

So I'm doing Meloetta now, so please feed Drilbur a Pecha berry:

A lot of the Gen VII Pokemon haven't quite grown on me yet. Probably because I still don't have the games yet. I just feel so out of the loop.

The weather changed to windy and I changed my Burmy's form. Poor little thing.

This post has been edited by Walking On Sunshine: Dec 1 2016, 12:21 PM

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Rhapsody
post Dec 1 2016, 12:05 PM
Post #51

you got some nice boulders
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 795

porgeymins

So I just hatched the first shiny Popplio, what a way to open the month.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cryptic Lyric
post Dec 1 2016, 12:16 PM
Post #52

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Favorites

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Dec 1 2016, 11:55 AM) *
Right off I can tell you one of my favorite features... cleaning them up after battles. No more need to go to another screen and spend hours playing with them all for the sake of one meager heart. I am enjoying how much easier it is to gain their love and loyalty.

I also love how, when you have a full party, and you capture a new Pokemon, you have a choice of boxing it or boxing a higher level Pokemon so that you can begin training right away. love.gif Seriously LOVE! that feature!

Yes! Both of those features are amazing! I just love having to comb my little Growlithe's fur after a battle and making her love me more. And the beans are an interesting change from the pokepuffs or whatever they were before!

QUOTE(Rhapsody @ Dec 1 2016, 12:05 PM) *

Hey, congrats! That's some great luck there, and I'm more than a little envious!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Manah
post Dec 1 2016, 12:46 PM
Post #53

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

QUOTE(Cryptic Lyric @ Dec 1 2016, 05:41 PM) *

The trials were a great new addition, I'm just disappointed that three of them are just battles without adding anything else while we have a Fairy type captain with a lot of trial potential that gets to do exactly nothing.

My favorite feature is adding captured mon to your party and the ride pokemon, but why did it have to be Charizard instead of a bird? sad.gif

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

CrazyUmbreonLady
post Dec 1 2016, 12:56 PM
Post #54

But that's none of my business.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 240 129

The Dream Team!

@Cryptic Lyric My favorite new mechanic? Well, I certainly enjoy the PokeRides, so I won't have to worry about teaching my Toucannon Fly or my Wishiwashi Surf, it's really convenient. But overall? While most people might be annoyed at it, I actually love the S.O.S. Battles. As a Shiny Hunter, it's a lot easier to do than chaining in XY or using the DexNav in ORAS, since you can stay in battle as long as you want until you end the battle. And of course, I stay in battle until the summoner calls in a Shiny.

--------------------

Just a random girl doing stuff and things.

Task stuff (click to show)

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Dec 1 2016, 01:45 PM
Post #55

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Cryptic Lyric @ Dec 1 2016, 06:41 PM) *

I think that you can choose where to put a Pokémon when you obtain a new one.
Especially when you're hatching eggs that can be really useful at times

Also the refresh option where you can remove things like poison or paralyze.

----------------------

I went to McDonald's but turns out they ran out of Eevee toys super early :/
People probably took a day off or asked their parents/friends to get one.
They employees did tell me that near the end of the promotion that all of them would be in stock again so I'll be returning next week I guess.

That doesn't mean I went home empty-handed. I ended up going into a clothing store and I bought 2 hoodies (Pokémon and Harry Potter), one sweater (Lion King), and one short-sleeved tee (Harry Potter)
Didn't expect to see those here in this country so I'm glad I got to buy them.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kazuko Himura
post Dec 1 2016, 01:46 PM
Post #56

Art by Yoova
Group Icon

Member No.: 243 702

Active Squad

Managed to get a Cloakless Burmy rather quickly.

I'll pick up the Alola starters if I find their eggs in the shelter, but I'm not actively looking for them at this current time.

Currently working on the birds exploration.

Sun/Moon Favorites (click to show)

--------------------
Foobs.

Current Pokemon game goal:
All-ribbon Smeargle
Sites and things (click to show)
+Quote Post

eludicatorflame
post Dec 1 2016, 02:06 PM
Post #57

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 240 576

Active Squad

Rolls around - once i get the shiny Pikachu i've been hunting, i'll probably breed the starters so others can get some too, yay.

On the other topic, I love being able to add newly-caught pokemon to my party right away - or check their stats, that's really useful! i like a lot of Alolan pokemon, but one of my faves is always gonna be Mimikyu. (I like alola raticate, too, and was lucky enough to find a random shiny of it in moon omg)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Dec 1 2016, 02:13 PM
Post #58

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Rhapsody @ Dec 1 2016, 10:05 AM) *

*jaw drops*

Wow!

Congratulations, Rhapsody! That's awesome!!! I'll have to swing by your party because I'm curious as to what it would look like. *two thumbs up*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Dec 1 2016, 03:29 PM
Post #59

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 334

Favourites

Alola starters?! How exciting!!! I know what I'll be hunting the shelter for xD

I don't have a DS of any sort, so I haven't been playing Sun/Moon - GPX is my only access to anything past Gen 3 (and I haven't even completed Ruby).

I'd love to be able to get that Entei egg for my Johto living dex!!

Oh! And my favourite Alolan Pokémon is Mimikyu

--------------------
My Party:

Shiny Hunts (click to show)
+Quote Post

Vande
post Dec 1 2016, 03:47 PM
Post #60

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

QUOTE(RicFule @ Dec 1 2016, 04:01 PM) *
Well, I was mainly meaning for a Living Dex, where you were attempting to get a clean breeding pair. Not that that would be that easy since the female percentage is so much smaller.

I don't personally hoard mine. I just don't use them often. LOL

Ahh I see, having a living dex as it were doesn't really fuss me too much. Although I should breed for a shiny at some point lol...so maybe getting another would help...but prize points and no certaintly of their gender.

--------------------

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:30 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.