Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Notification Bar: New Notification
MM96180
post Jun 5 2011, 03:19 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 62 273

Active Squad

I dunno if someone has suggested this, but I think we should get a notification on the notification bar for our status on the current Exploration task. Meaning, let's say you need 5,000 Interactions. Then the notification on the bar would say like [however many current interactions/5,000] or if you need a Pokemon to have 130 berries, it would be [however many berries currently fed/130]. I know this may sound useless, but it is annoying to have to go back and forth to the Exploration tab.

Thanks (:

--------------------
My Party:
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Special K
post Jun 5 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

Eh. I'm not really super in favor of this... mostly because I don't see the point. If it tells me I need to do 3,000 clicks, I don't need to keep checking the tab to see how close I am, I just keep clicking until the notification appears to tell me that my task is done. That's good enough for me.
+Quote Post

Logannaruto
post Jun 5 2011, 05:10 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 112 585

Pearl Team

Actually I like ChopDopple's idea. I also hate switching back and forth to the exploration tab

--------------------
Join Collectoons
Sprites,Avatars, and UserBanners (click to show)
THANK YOU To anyone that made me the sprites/userbanners
(Vipellerre,xJesstheMess,Johnny Knoxville,Munchy Lax,NofMew,Reniculus Spam, and Machokeman8293)

+Quote Post

nokrow889
post Jun 6 2011, 10:19 AM
Post #4

what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 628

Pokemon Pearl

QUOTE(Kristastic @ Jun 5 2011, 06:08 PM) *
Eh. I'm not really super in favor of this... mostly because I don't see the point. If it tells me I need to do 3,000 clicks, I don't need to keep checking the tab to see how close I am, I just keep clicking until the notification appears to tell me that my task is done. That's good enough for me.

i agree with this for all but one thing the berry tasks while clicking if i wanna know how many berrys or w/e my pokemon has gotten i have to stop and check my page so i am in favor of Chops idea even though i only need it for the berry one the clicking i gotta agree with Kristastic its easy to just keep clicking until the notifaction appers

--------------------

Vdex
(me and my brother)

Group Banners (click to show)

+Quote Post

MrFuckUp
post Jun 6 2011, 08:09 PM
Post #5

breathe
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 019

team rocket

I dislike this idea, only because of the fact that you do have a notification, but only in the form of the Old Sea Chart popping up.

True it would make things a bit easier, but a Notification needs a specific image that has no need to change, bar the Weather icon, which isn't really a notification.
Pass Orbs only update when you have a certain amount of click-backs, and cash updates when you getmore cash. These specific notifications have specific codes that benefit them and only them, and shouldn't be needed for anything else, unless something new, yet similar, pops up in the future, which I doubt.

Plus, explorations have a different number of tasks to be completed, and a constantly updating notification can be unnerving and more than annoying. This is just my opinion.

--------------------
"something will go here"

+Quote Post

MM96180
post Jun 6 2011, 08:27 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 273

Active Squad

QUOTE(Merchant @ Jun 6 2011, 09:09 PM) *
Plus, explorations have a different number of tasks to be completed, and a constantly updating notification can be unnerving and more than annoying. This is just my opinion.

Well they could always put an option on whether or not you want it.

--------------------
My Party:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:15 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.