Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fire Emblem
Purrloin
post Apr 7 2009, 02:37 AM
Post #1

Wishmaker
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8 602

Pokemon I collect

Been seeing lots of icons/sig banners, which is nice. Also noticed that FE Planet is an an affiliate, so that might have something to do with it ^^;

Anyway, to the fans... discuss your favorite/least favorite characters, games, and even most challenging moments.

--------------------

Tired of joining clicking groups only to have them die. I'm a...
| mass clicker | full party clicker | party re-clicker |
Currently: Almost finished my shiny Kanto dex! Next up: Johto

Please do not steal my avatar, as the custom art was commissioned for me on Gaia.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fuzzball
post Apr 11 2009, 12:40 AM
Post #2

I am the ultimate thunder demon
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 718

-Fuzzball's Team-

My favorite character ever is Canas. I loved how he was the only Shaman/Druid in FE7, and was sad when I saw that they left them out in FE9. oh.gif

--------------------

-I CLAIM GROVYLE-

+Quote Post

Tiamat
post Apr 12 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #3

everything is happening so much
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Active Squad

I love Ike. And Soren. Seriously, when I got that Ike/Soren unlockable conversation, I squeed, both because I'm a fangirl and because I really wanted to be Soren right then. I'm special that way. bucktooth.gif

My least favorite game so far is FE10. It would have been okay with a better support system, but with both a horrible support system AND Micaiah... despite all the improvements it made to FE9's system and the 3D dark magic, I couldn't like it as much as I probably should have. Oh well.

And is it just me, or is the final boss in FE10 a pushover? She dies... really, really fast. It's not what you're expecting.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Purrloin
post Apr 13 2009, 03:38 AM
Post #4

Wishmaker
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 602

Pokemon I collect

QUOTE(Tiamat @ Apr 11 2009, 10:09 PM) *
I love Ike. And Soren. Seriously, when I got that Ike/Soren unlockable conversation, I squeed, both because I'm a fangirl and because I really wanted to be Soren right then. I'm special that way. bucktooth.gif

My least favorite game so far is FE10. It would have been okay with a better support system, but with both a horrible support system AND Micaiah... despite all the improvements it made to FE9's system and the 3D dark magic, I couldn't like it as much as I probably should have. Oh well.

And is it just me, or is the final boss in FE10 a pushover? She dies... really, really fast. It's not what you're expecting.

I kind of have to agree with you on the boss. She was way too easy, especially if you take on the forcefield with Naesala, Nailah, and Tibarn xD

And you would have loved the convention I just got back from - there was a really good Soren cosplayer! Same with Ranulf. The guy had fangs and everything! >w<

--------------------

Tired of joining clicking groups only to have them die. I'm a...
| mass clicker | full party clicker | party re-clicker |
Currently: Almost finished my shiny Kanto dex! Next up: Johto

Please do not steal my avatar, as the custom art was commissioned for me on Gaia.
+Quote Post

Tiamat
post Apr 13 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #5

everything is happening so much
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Active Squad

Gaaah, I'm jealous of yoooouuuuuuu. noes.gif I wish I could have been there!

It's silly, that boss thing. But at that point, everything's a pushover. no.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Fuzzball
post Apr 13 2009, 11:45 PM
Post #6

I am the ultimate thunder demon
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 718

-Fuzzball's Team-

lol I haven't played FE10 yet, so I wouldn't know if the final boss was a pushover. oh.gif

--------------------

-I CLAIM GROVYLE-

+Quote Post

Ellyion
post Apr 17 2009, 02:55 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 11 691

Mah Parties

QUOTE(Trynyti @ Apr 13 2009, 04:38 AM) *
QUOTE(Tiamat @ Apr 11 2009, 10:09 PM) *

I kind of have to agree with you on the boss. She was way too easy, especially if you take on the forcefield with Naesala, Nailah, and Tibarn xD

And you would have loved the convention I just got back from - there was a really good Soren cosplayer! Same with Ranulf. The guy had fangs and everything! >w<

I've never played FE10, due to not having a Wii, but I think that when you first encounter her, she might be a tad hard. I'm just guessing, due to the hours and hours of sitting there on the phone, listening to my boyfriend scream and go off on a rant everytime somebody died and he had to restart. It wasn't fun.

--------------------

I click back.
+Quote Post

Herpaderp
post Apr 22 2009, 02:51 AM
Post #8

Eternal Understudy
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 324

Active Silver Team

Would you believe that my most challenging moment is every bloody game?
I'm no good at them, I can't make it through without someone helping me, yet I can't seem to put them down.
Ike kicked serious business, but he's overrated, so my favorites are Oscar, the deceitful, lying, squinty coward... and Keiran. Seriously, when those two start talking, something zany is gonna happen.

--------------------

Spiffing! What a marvelous day to be a Togepi.

Due to rapidly changing memebrship, The Dapper Club regrets having to show only this tiny, pitiful image of our members. Many apologies!
+Quote Post

AuraWolf
post Apr 26 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 840

Active Squad

QUOTE(Tiamat @ Apr 12 2009, 01:09 AM) *

I agree with you on literally everything you said.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Swordsalmon
post Apr 27 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #10

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 299

Active Squad

I've played the first nine games and FEDS remake. ^_^.gif Fire Emblem is a truly wonderful series. Interesting characters and decent enough difficulty.

My favourite character is currently Hicks, followed by Roshe and Binks.

Any pairings that you prefer? Personally, I enjoy RoshexKatua, ValterxPetrine, ShannanxShannan, and my overall favorite is SkasahaxPatty. They make such a cute couple. <3

This post has been edited by Swordsalmon: Apr 27 2009, 07:24 PM

--------------------
I have claimed Kanghaskhan.
+Quote Post

Phazzy
post Apr 29 2009, 02:55 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 692

Current Platinum Team

-grabby hands- FIRE EMBLEM.
I love this game so much, as much as I love Okami, but I'm more insane in my FE fandom.

I loved FE7, especially Canas. Shamans and Druids for the win! That, and FE7 was the first game to make me cry. ;-; (ELBERT! NUU!)

FE8 I found alright, since I'm not a huge fan of the different class branches and whatnot. Too confusing. And it was way too easy to get 20/20 levels on all your characters if you used the Tower of Valni (which I did bucktooth.gif )

FE9 was amazing! Soren and Ike were my favorite characters, along with a ton of other guys. I think the only character I didn't like was Makalov. -nods- He's totally riding a donkey, by the way. FE9 was great though, with the music and artwork that could be listened to/viewed.

FE10 I never beat. I want my support conversations back plz. Those were the things I looked forward to in the games, the supports. That, and I think they ran out of things to say as interjections. I mean, "Moldy Onions!" doesn't work too well. And I don't like half of the characters you start out with. >_> When Ike comes in, it gets better. -nods-

FE Shadow Dragon I'm alright with. I like the fact that it's a remake of the original game, which I've wanted to play for a long time, but I'm disappointed with the lack of conversations. It's all "Battlbattlebattle, oh hai -take over fort-, -rest-, hey look another battle!" and I have no clue how the heck the battle started.. Maybe it's what went on with the original Fire Emblem? But I wish they expanded on it more. The characters have hardly any depth as well. The only lines you ever read from them are the ones when they join your team. And that's it. Marth does most of the talking. And what's with the losing your units junk? I worked hard to keep all my units alive; I don't particularly want to ditch a few of them so I can go on a side chapter. >(

/endrant?

--------------------

Other Adoptables (click to show)
+Quote Post

Orenji
post May 18 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #12

Selective Procrastinator
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 17 837

Pure Win

I really want to play FE9 once I get round to buying it. Something about Ike makes me want to know more about him. The 3D graphics look rather awkward, but the cutscenes look pretty good grin.gif I heard it's very popular. I like the looks of Reyson though.

The only game I've actually played is the remake/FE11. I love it though, even if they cut out millions of the support conversations, the backstories and Camus annoyed me to no end. Maybe I'm just easy to satisfy, with the pretty graphics and everything :)They put a lot of effort into making Marth extremely cocky though...

Pairings I like are JulianxLena, NabarlxLena and AbelxEst to a certain extent.

--------------------
I claim Wolfguard (yes all 4) and Jeorge (FE11 & FE12) and Soren (FE9 & FE10)
If you're bored...~

Avatar: Jeremiah 'Orenji' Gottwald. Nuff said.
Support me on NaNoWriMo and Fanfiction!

Owner of:

GPX+ groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Cassowary
post May 25 2009, 12:49 AM
Post #13

Skarmory Squadron Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 264

Skarmory Squadron

I really want to get that game... but alas, I've not the time nor money.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Koakuma
post May 28 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #14

Books and love~
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 923

Pokemon Crystal

Rebecca x Nino, screw the rules we have green hair combo of death. Rebecca is a mean dodging machine with loads of speed and luck where Nino just blasts away anything with huge power. Support them with eachother and voila, death, in a cute way <3

--------------------
+Quote Post

Swordsalmon
post May 28 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #15

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Meestervonk @ May 28 2009, 01:29 PM) *
Rebecca x Nino, screw the rules we have green hair combo of death. Rebecca is a mean dodging machine with loads of speed and luck where Nino just blasts away anything with huge power. Support them with eachother and voila, death, in a cute way <3

If Rebecca is in play, she's far better off A supporting Lowen, though. :/ Same bonuses and the entire game earlier.

Besides, Lowen is already destroying everything, so what's the point of raising an underleveled character with trash durability and ruins every rank but EXP? wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Koakuma
post May 28 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #16

Books and love~
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 923

Pokemon Crystal

QUOTE(Swordsalmon @ May 28 2009, 10:59 PM) *
QUOTE(Meestervonk @ May 28 2009, 01:29 PM) *

If Rebecca is in play, she's far better off A supporting Lowen, though. :/ Same bonuses and the entire game earlier.

Besides, Lowen is already destroying everything, so what's the point of raising an underleveled character with trash durability and ruins every rank but EXP? wink.gif
I never use Lowen lol. I just use characters I like over characters that might be more useful. Still, Rebecca never disappoints me~

--------------------
+Quote Post

Swordsalmon
post May 29 2009, 05:29 PM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Meestervonk @ May 28 2009, 02:06 PM) *
I never use Lowen lol. I just use characters I like over characters that might be more useful. Still, Rebecca never disappoints me~

How could you not use Lowen!? XD

Whatever, I was being an absolute hypocrite saying that while always using GuyxPriscilla A even when ranking.

Rebecca's sometimes fun to use. I personally like Louise a bit more for auto Pent support, but Rebecca gets pretty good after promotion. ^_^.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

J O S H A C U F ...
post May 29 2009, 05:32 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 642

Active Squad

well i've never played any FE, but Marth is my favorite fighter on SSB

--------------------
I'll return all click's!!!

SSBB Best Characters (click to show)

My Eevee Army (click to show)

My Top 10 Favorite Pokemon (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post May 29 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #19

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

Fire Emblem isn't for everyone, but I enjoy it.

I've played the first English version (GBA), but I do not own it.
The first one I've owned, was Sacred Stones (GBA)

I also own Fire Emblem for the Gamecube, and Wii.
My favorite is the one for the Wii.

This post has been edited by johnrichard1991: May 29 2009, 06:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lance Hunter
post Jun 13 2009, 02:09 PM
Post #20

Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 733

Hatch'em all!

I really like Fire Emblem, my favorite characters are Artur, Joshua, Merric, Draug, Shiida, Wolf, Lucius, Canas and Dorcas

I only have Sacred stones, shadow dragon and the first one to appear in Europe on GBA (Rekka no Ken in Japan) though, but really like those games

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 06:55 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.