Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Beldum Help, So, need some training opinions
Alero
post Jun 27 2009, 12:48 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 37 361

Titans of Fire

I read a great Faq on GameFaqs today that has got me itchin' to train a Pokemon, though being more mindful of the training process - with EVs, etc. (Please move or lock if this in the wrong forum, thanks.)

First off, I want to know what's a good personality to have for Beldum? Keep in mind that I'll be evolving him to Metagross(Love!), but I want him to be a tank that still packs a lot of fire power. For instance, do I go with a Docile personality that has no affects on Attack, Defense, Speed, Sp. Attack, or Sp. Defense? Or do I go for one like Quiet that offers a +10% increase in Sp. Attack, but a -10% decrease in Speed?

This will be the first time I'll actually be paying super close attention to training and it's stats, and any help I can get is greatly appreciated.

--------------------
You click, I click, we all click for POKEMON! awesome.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

bigmac
post Jun 28 2009, 01:51 AM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 513

heart gold party

QUOTE(BlueKit @ Jun 26 2009, 10:48 PM) *
I read a great Faq on GameFaqs today that has got me itchin' to train a Pokemon, though being more mindful of the training process - with EVs, etc. (Please move or lock if this in the wrong forum, thanks.)

First off, I want to know what's a good personality to have for Beldum? Keep in mind that I'll be evolving him to Metagross(Love!), but I want him to be a tank that still packs a lot of fire power. For instance, do I go with a Docile personality that has no affects on Attack, Defense, Speed, Sp. Attack, or Sp. Defense? Or do I go for one like Quiet that offers a +10% increase in Sp. Attack, but a -10% decrease in Speed?

This will be the first time I'll actually be paying super close attention to training and it's stats, and any help I can get is greatly appreciated.

i would go with docile but i have mild nature and i have a bigger defence than sp. attack. and it should be the other way around. ive been EV traing it alot in defence but now sp. attack next
+Quote Post

Ruusu
post Jun 28 2009, 07:08 AM
Post #3

Sensei of The Ninja Army.
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 192

NINJA ARMY OF DOOM!

QUOTE("BlueKit")
-text-

Depends on what kind of moveset you're going to give your Beldum and what kind of strategy you're using.

If you're using a Trick Room strategy, you should pick a nature which doesn't raise speed.

In general, because Metagross is a fysical pokémon (very good fysical movepool, high attack basestat), the best nature would be Adamant (+Attack, -Sp.Attack). I think Metagross can be treated as a tank, even without a Defense boosting nature. It has very high basestat on Defense. So you can pretty easily take fysical hits with Adamant natured physical sweeper Metagross too.
But that works opposite too; without attack boosts it still hits hard.

So you're going to make him fysical tank? Then I recommend Impish (+Defense, -Sp.A) nature and maxing his HP EVs. The rest you could put on Defense and Speed.

I don't see a reason myself why you should give a Metagross Sp.Attack boosting nature..

--------------------

The Ninja Army... ...join us or get ninja'd.
I claim (click to show)
+Quote Post

Chemical Hound
post Jun 28 2009, 07:23 AM
Post #4

The multi-personalitied Smeargle ----- (Black Gyarados)
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 479

Platinum party

just use a good personality and feed it loads of protein

--------------------
The Stuff That Don't Fit (click to show)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:40 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.