Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Breaking The Party Limit - Exploit
Plain Jane
post May 21 2020, 07:41 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 255 848

Active Squad

So, occasionally users will see someone who's managed to get more than 6 eggs/Pokemon in their party, and for the longest time it was assumed to be a fluke glitch that happened rarely. However, the function of the exploit has fallen into place on the Discord server, and through some experimentation I've finally figured out how to semi-consistently get more than 6 eggs/Pokemon in your party (though I've only done it with eggs). Since the function of this exploit has almost entirely been uncovered (it's still unclear how you'd get this result every time, and I haven't even been able to do it twice in a row), it's finally time to report it.

Essentially this exploit hinges on using the "Fill Party" script to obtain eggs or Pokemon while the website is being slow. Here are the steps:

1. The website has to currently be in a consistently slow/laggy patch
2. Click "Fill Party" in the Shelter or Safari and confirm you want to run the script
3. Assuming the script is being slow due to the website being slow, you have a window of time to click on the grayed out eggs on screen and hit spacebar (or confirm), essentially acting like you are manually grabbing eggs while the script is running, though no prompt box will appear.
4. If you've spammed click and spacebar quickly enough and the website breaks just right, your manual grab inputs and the script's grab inputs will collide and result in a 7 to 12 egg party monstrosity.

I broke the limit 3 times today using this method, and I saw a couple of other users managing to pull it off on the Discord after I typed out my findings after discovering the "clicking on grayed out eggs" part of this exploit through sheer boredom and random experimentation. The grisliest example of this:

This post has been edited by vendyjane: May 21 2020, 07:42 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post May 31 2020, 03:46 PM
Post #2

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Thanks, this specific method has now been patched.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:08 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.