Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Nintendo is Sexist?
Alexis Duit
post Dec 3 2009, 12:53 PM
Post #21

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 68 435

Active Squad

QUOTE(Chari @ Dec 3 2009, 12:36 PM) *
I'd like to see a male coordinator or/and female powerful ungirly rival

I second that... though not so ungirly as to be a dyke (we already have Jessie :P ).

For that matter, I'd like to see a competent baddie team.

--------------------

Thank you very much for clicking on my egg(s)!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Chari
post Dec 3 2009, 01:19 PM
Post #22

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 495

My lovely team

Maybe. But no more Dawn please!

--------------------
Spoiler (click to showhide)

I'm part of... (click to show)

Creditzzz (click to show)

Quotezz:
The yellow bumbler tried everything he could, short annoying gags and hurtful insults, but the triple changer was just not switching to either is blue or red face. So instead Bumblebee asked for a couple of games to play with the Decepticon to see if losing would make any difference. He got the games and played several of them with Blitzwing, making a friend of him, and finally they were sitting across the table from each other playing one of the older Pokémon games with a cable connection on their two gameboys
by Zaerith-Chan
+Quote Post

Xaiv
post Feb 5 2010, 08:39 PM
Post #23

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 8 523

Active Squad

It's because all the women want him. If they want to teach little kids that the hero always gets the girls, they need Ash and plenty of girls! proudbow.gif

--------------------
Please click them. Thanks!
+Quote Post

The Letter W
post Feb 6 2010, 06:21 AM
Post #24

Smo-o-o-oth
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 571

Six Survivors

I was glad when they got rid of Misty >>; she annoyed me to no end.
But, why not up the group to four people? Two guys, two girls maybe? I dunno.

--------------------
Hella.

Click the dancing Maxwell to visit my art thread.

+Quote Post

VickyDragon
post Feb 6 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #25

Dragon Fire Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 760

Favourites Main Team

I guess it is a little sexist, but I just hope this new female character doesn't do contests. For a change, I'd like a female character to actually aim for something, like what Misty did (she wanted to be best Water Pokemon trainer).

--------------------
+Quote Post

OKelly
post Feb 6 2010, 12:56 PM
Post #26

Hello.
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 678

Active Squad

it would of been a bit better if drew joined the group in gen3 and ritche in i think gen 1 or 2 i forgot when he came in but still there should be more boys or at least 1 boy with 2 girls so they can fight over the boy

--------------------
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ IM IN LOVE WITH THE COCO ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ I GET IT FOR THE LOW LOW ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

+Quote Post

Fiddle
post Feb 15 2010, 04:46 AM
Post #27

The Purple Princess
Group Icon

Member No.: 73 884

My Favourite Pokemon

What about Tracy?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cristian
post Feb 18 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #28

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 84 669

Poke Party DP

Well heres the males main charectors in DP:

The new kid, James, Ash, Brock, Meowth, Paul, Professer Oak and Rowan, Gary Oak, Berry.

Heres the female main charectors in DP:

The new girl, Dawn, Jessie, Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, Dawns Mom

--------------------
Help my current poke'party

+Quote Post

Lionheart88
post Apr 13 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #29

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 92 823

Team Abyss

QUOTE(ATM the Mudkip @ Sep 23 2009, 06:32 PM) *
Yeah. They are. HG and SS are coming out, and are already out in Japan IIRC, and to honor the occasion, some Japanese anime episodes came out, and in them, the female playable HG and SS character has now joined Ash. So, we had May, Dawn, and now this new girl all joining Ash, but it never seems to be the guy... Anyone else notice this?

Lyra didn't join Ash she just joined them for a couple episode and Lyra was not alone there was Cory too, but now there both gone. Also there is way more guys than girls in the Anime already.

--------------------
Team Abyss
+Quote Post

Vladdymoose
post Apr 13 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #30

There's SOMETHING inside your head...use it.
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 196

Peanut Gallery

Man...it's been so long since I bothered to actually follow the Pokemon plot XD

--------------------
There is no need to be so hostile to me. I am nobody after all.
<--my sprite shop|my cover music -->

Kudos to Seravel for making the trainer sprite of me happy.gif
Buttonbuttonwhosegotthebutton?! (click to show)

whitebunny's work (small pics) (click to show)
+Quote Post

Estel
post May 28 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #31

I glow in the dark.
Group Icon

Member No.: 70 182

^-^

Well, first of all, I do believe that Nintendo was actually going to make a female character, it was just cut off because of memory space. It is rumored that Blue (or Green for the US because they screw everything up translating... sad.gif) from the Pokemon manga was the design for the female playable character. Also, Blue fits the description for a good rival, and an annoying, arrogant one at that. So if you're tired of the anime, check out the manga because I LOVE it and it rocks! Sorry for getting off topic...

But Misty was so amazing. May was a bubble head and Dawn is not much better. I'm sick of how girls always have to do the sissy, boring stuff. Coordinating is pretty cool, but not when every fricken girl is one. Grr...

I'd love to see a new anime with an awesome kick-ass girl as the MC. I would SO watch that, I'm sick of guys getting the good stuff!

--------------------

Credit to CDB for the amazing banner~
+Quote Post

Wir3
post May 31 2010, 07:34 AM
Post #32

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 96 418

Active Squad

Does it really matter that much, if there may be one or 2 more male or female characters than in comparison to the others, really ...

--------------------
+Quote Post

Game Of Trolls
post Jun 5 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #33

Forget this all~
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 306

Active Squad

Wow, thats a new low for the racist video game maker nintendo. You want proof Nintendo is racist? Look at all the human mario charecters! THERE ALL WHITE! that screams racist louder than a nuke sounds.

--------------------

DELICIOUS QUOTES (click to show)

+Quote Post

Estel
post Jun 7 2010, 03:05 PM
Post #34

I glow in the dark.
Group Icon

Member No.: 70 182

^-^

QUOTE(megapoke @ Jun 5 2010, 04:03 PM) *
Wow, thats a new low for the racist video game maker nintendo. You want proof Nintendo is racist? Look at all the human mario charecters! THERE ALL WHITE! that screams racist louder than a nuke sounds.

Well, they're supposed to be Italian. I don't know of many black Italians... sweat.gif

--------------------

Credit to CDB for the amazing banner~
+Quote Post

Ippikiookami
post Sep 4 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #35

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 633

Flare Blitz

QUOTE(ATM the Mudkip @ Sep 23 2009, 08:32 PM) *
Yeah. They are. HG and SS are coming out, and are already out in Japan IIRC, and to honor the occasion, some Japanese anime episodes came out, and in them, the female playable HG and SS character has now joined Ash. So, we had May, Dawn, and now this new girl all joining Ash, but it never seems to be the guy... Anyone else notice this?

You forget to mention that since May and the Contests, all the girls are basically saying "screw being a trainer, it's too hard! Let's be a pansy and join the contest!~" I HATE the contests for that reason. They make all the girls USELESS. Only Misty was semi-good at battling, but Ash will always get the spotlight...never a female trainer.

XP I say LOSE ASH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! We're ALL sick of him (and frankly put, his English voice actor SOUNDS sick...or has a bad case of lung cancer...) and it's time for a female character to actually go to a gym and beat the crap outta someone!

--------------------
Do the Gator!

+Quote Post

Stratospheric Co...
post Sep 16 2010, 12:00 PM
Post #36

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 107 360

Active Squad

QUOTE(Azure Butterfly @ Sep 24 2009, 08:45 PM) *
From Pokebeach (interview with one of the storyboard artist/former anime directors):

What about the main cast on the show? Since he had talked about how they like to “switch them up,”ť I explained to him that many fans want Ash, Misty, and Brock reunited again together. But, he reaffirmed what he said in the previous interview and said it wasn’t going to happen. I asked him what he meant in the previous interview about Pokemon Contests, and he said he just meant that characters like May have come back for a few episodes in Pokemon Contests, so Misty could come back too. He said, however, that Contests don’t appear to be her thing, so if she were to come back, it would probably be to join Ash in a battle or to just meet them somewhere. So then I said, “Why can’t you just ditch Brock, have Ash, have Misty, and then bring in a new boy? That would be switching up things instead of having a new girl.”ť His following answers made me laugh my head off I had to pick it up off the floor and reattach it. He stated that they like to switch up the girls because it gives the boys some new eye candy every once in a while. He also said girls are more customizable and you can change their outfits, like when they are in their bathing suits (yes, he specifically said that). He also said Ken Sugimori designs a new girl with each generation and that gives them another excuse to switch the girl, though I reminded him that there is also a new boy with each generation too, and it wouldn’t hurt to use them.

Lmao, wtf. XD

This. Apparently they are. XD

But I got so sick of Misty (she's my least favorite) that I quit watching the Anime. May was a breath of fresh air IMO, and Dawn was just a sissy.

This post has been edited by Breeder Drew: Sep 16 2010, 12:03 PM
+Quote Post

RollZero
post Oct 1 2010, 08:18 PM
Post #37

Pokeball League Grand Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 247

Blue Team

QUOTE(Azure Butterfly @ Sep 24 2009, 07:45 PM) *
He stated that they like to switch up the girls because it gives the boys some new eye candy every once in a while.

.... Seriously? WTF? The age group that the show is for those boys don't even know what eye candy is! Heck, why don't they just make it 2 girls with Ash then if they want eye candy? And why don't they age them a little more? This is like saying they stay with the girl for sex appeal, when the 3/4 of the viewers don't even KNOW what sex appeal is! I mean a good portion of the boys that watch this show could still not be interested in girls yet. -_-2.gif; The group they're trying to appeal to they killed long ago with their crappy stories that have dumb the plot down so badly they stopped watching by now. Talk about not knowing what your target audience is.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Stratospheric Co...
post Oct 1 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #38

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 107 360

Active Squad

Nintendo is trying to lure in fans of more mature Nintendo themes like Metroid. You can't really accuse them for trying to find another target audience.
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Oct 2 2010, 12:24 AM
Post #39

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

QUOTE(ATM the Mudkip @ Sep 23 2009, 09:32 PM) *
So, we had May, Dawn, and now this new girl all joining Ash, but it never seems to be the guy... Anyone else notice this?

I think people would rather see a girl join Ash rather than a boy, possibly because Ash is a guy and it wouldn't be cool to have an all-male group. I don't know, so I can't say much. The point is that I don't think having more girls is sexist.

I think it's easier to give the female characters in pokemon a personality. I can easily imagine what Dawn's personality is, but I have difficulty seeing who Lucas is. Personally, I see Lucas as something of a boring rock. By that, I simply mean someone who's friendly.

This post has been edited by Dazmi: Oct 2 2010, 02:40 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

P Solaris
post Feb 12 2011, 07:14 PM
Post #40

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 131 346

Active Squad

I think that with Black and White giving Ash two new companions while getting rid of Brock and Dawn, that the fans will get a breath of fresh air in terms of companions. It seems like it's Misty and Brock all over again but with different characters. Anyway, I don't believe Nintendo is intentionally being sexist.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 03:40 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.