Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Novelty/Legendary egg limit
Retrospect
post Jul 24 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #21

Back from the dead... sort of.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 35 279

Active Squad

Sorry if I confused you with the link, but those limits are not the 3 per party limit rules. That was my point. I was trying to show that there are multiple limits and it can be confusing what applies to which.

Here. This is the update where the party limit was implemented. You can read this thread to show that the limits are for different things.

My list above breaks down the basics of all the limits as a quick reference.

This post has been edited by Retrospect: Jul 24 2010, 09:44 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Pikagrue
post Jul 24 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #22

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8 690

herp derp

QUOTE(Jao @ Jul 24 2010, 07:31 PM) *
So, does this mean that if I get two Registeels from the shelter I will NEVER be able to find him in the shelter or the lab again?
(Sorry if this is a dumb question, please don't go saying: Can't you read the topic? I HAVE read the topic, I just didn't undestand it clearly)

Edit: I'm changing the example to Lugia, as Registeel apparently isn't summonable. Thanks, Bones.

Mostly yes. Note, however, that this particular limit doesn't apply to pokemon that you summon yourself, and it also only applies insofar as the pokemon remain in your possession.

So if you summon a Lugia yourself, nothing but bad luck (or the other limits, mentioned above) will prevent you from finding it. Also, if you abandon one of your Lugias that you obtained from the shelter (or from the lab, summoned by another) you should also be able to find it again (not that you necessarily would, just that you could, if luck was on your side)

This post has been edited by Pikagrue: Jul 24 2010, 11:59 PM

--------------------
|

It is pitch black. I am very likely to eat you.
90% of internet users fail to understand basic arithmetic. If you are one of the 12% that do, paste this into your sig.
+Quote Post

FiddleTwix
post Jul 24 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #23

No, this is Patrick
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 55 445

My faves

QUOTE(Pikagrue @ Jul 25 2010, 12:53 AM) *
QUOTE(Jao @ Jul 24 2010, 07:31 PM) *
So, does this mean that if I get two Registeels from the shelter I will NEVER be able to find him in the shelter or the lab again?
(Sorry if this is a dumb question, please don't go saying: Can't you read the topic? I HAVE read the topic, I just didn't undestand it clearly)

Mostly yes. Note, however, that this particular limit doesn't apply to pokemon that you summon yourself, and it also only applies insofar as the pokemon remain in your possession.

So if you summon a registeel yourself, nothing but bad luck (or the other limits, mentioned above) will prevent you from finding it. Also, if you abandon one of your registeels that you obtained from the shelter (or from the lab, summoned by another) you should also be able to find it again (not that you necessarily would, just that you could, if luck was on your side)

Small nit-pick: Registeel isn't summonable. I know it's merely an example, but just clearing the air.

--------------------

Like anime reviews, stuff and more stuff? Like western animation and things? I do those things here nom.gif http://fiddletwix.wordpress.com/
+Quote Post

Retrospect
post Jul 25 2010, 12:51 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

Active Squad

Also, just to add, if you grabbed two Registeel's from the shelter or lab when you weren't the one to summon it, you would still be able to get it through an egg voucher or from a site event. (kept with Registeel even though the example was changed to Lugia)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Jul 26 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #25

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 355

Current HeatGold team

QUOTE(Retrospect @ Jul 25 2010, 01:51 AM) *
Also, just to add, if you grabbed two Registeel's from the shelter or lab when you weren't the one to summon it, you would still be able to get it through an egg voucher or from a site event. (kept with Registeel even though the example was changed to Lugia)

No. You can't get things from events if you have them already.

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

QUOTE(5 Gum @ Nov 9 2010, 05:59 PM) *
If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Retrospect
post Jul 26 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Swampert rox @ Jul 26 2010, 03:17 PM) *
No. You can't get things from events if you have them already.

Only if the event specifies that. As long as you have 2 or less legendary/novelty eggs in your party and an open space, you're fine unless the event explicitly states that you cannot receive it for whatever reason. The species limit only applies to shelter grabs and lab grabs of others' summons.

Edit: I remember that the more recent events would state whether or not you were eligible but otherwise if it didn't state, then you were. No point in arguing about it, though, because the old threads aren't viewable and irrelevant anyways because of the new event system coming out.

This post has been edited by Retrospect: Jul 26 2010, 06:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

ForeverGone
post Jul 26 2010, 06:26 PM
Post #27

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 48 080

Moon's Rangers

We don't know how the events will be handled from now on anyway.

But for the former thing, you weren't eligible for an event pokemon if you had it in your possession already, Swapert was right. wink.gif

--------------------
Member of :

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:41 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.