Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
August Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Pendragon
post Aug 1 2017, 01:21 PM
Post #41

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 122 406

Active Squad

QUOTE(Stufful @ Aug 1 2017, 12:15 AM) *
I don't know why but the new month struck something in me. A few months back I decided to kinda start fresh on my shiny collection. I want my shinies to mean something to me. Try not to be random, not safari zone, but my own collection, and i've reorganized my boxes so many times I;ve ruined the collection, and they feel worthless to me. So I decided to release all 300 something of them. I wanted to start fresh. I felt weird getting rid of them because of the five years of emmories but I rather someone else take care of them, so I don't just have them hidden in my box. I wanted to make sure they stayed in my party to level up, and kinda add more feel to them, dk. ^^ I know regrets will come but I feel clean. I still held onto my novelties, legends and my first ever shiny though. ^^

Stufful, I know it was a personal choice for you, but you made a lot of other player's days. happy.gif I randomly clicked on the shelter and saw shinies everywhere. I've played this game for almost seven years and I've never seen anything like it. I received a good few of your shinies, and I will take such good care of them. Thank you! ^.^

This post has been edited by Pendragon: Aug 1 2017, 01:24 PM

--------------------

I am a gaming Youtuber by the name of PendragonTheNinja. I play a large variety of games - a large focus on Minecraft - and I actually recently began streaming on Twitch as well. I currently have ~1.4k subscribers, and I'm steadily growing.

If any of you are interested and feel like checking out my channel, follow this link:

PendragonTheNinja's Youtube
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Aug 1 2017, 02:28 PM
Post #42

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

I'm currently at 2/6 Articuno, 1/5 Lugia and 1/1 Moltres in PoGO. Caught my first Lugia yesterday in the morning and my first Moltres a couple of hours ago. Definitely easier than Articuno, both in terms of battle and capture (it helps having both gold medals regarding its type). grin.gif

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Pendragon
post Aug 1 2017, 02:35 PM
Post #43

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(SilverPT @ Aug 1 2017, 02:28 PM) *
I'm currently at 2/6 Articuno, 1/5 Lugia and 1/1 Moltres in PoGO. Caught my first Lugia yesterday in the morning and my first Moltres a couple of hours ago. Definitely easier than Articuno, both in terms of battle and capture (it helps having both gold medals regarding its type). grin.gif

Congratulations on the ones you /have/ captured. grin.gif

I haven't had as much time to do raids, but I'm currently 2/2 Articuno, 0/2 Lugia. Looking to do a Moltres today or tomorrow.

--------------------

I am a gaming Youtuber by the name of PendragonTheNinja. I play a large variety of games - a large focus on Minecraft - and I actually recently began streaming on Twitch as well. I currently have ~1.4k subscribers, and I'm steadily growing.

If any of you are interested and feel like checking out my channel, follow this link:

+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Aug 1 2017, 04:29 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Pendragon @ Aug 1 2017, 08:35 PM) *
QUOTE(SilverPT @ Aug 1 2017, 02:28 PM) *

Congratulations on the ones you /have/ captured. grin.gif

I haven't had as much time to do raids, but I'm currently 2/2 Articuno, 0/2 Lugia. Looking to do a Moltres today or tomorrow.

Moltres is super easy! In comparison with Articuno, where normally I would use all my team, I only used half against Moltres (2900-something CP Gyarados (95% IVs) and two 2500-ish Vaporeon (with 75 and 77% IVs) to beat it (we were 11). Despite the strong attacks (mine had Overheat, which is the best charge move), it goes down very quickly. And if you've patience, have both Flying and Fire type gold medals and are good throwing great throws, you're good to go. happy.gif

Today was weird since my city only had 4 legendary raids all day, so I'm planning on doing some tomorrow too.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Aug 1 2017, 04:31 PM
Post #45

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 334

Favourites

I'm 0/2 Lugia. Because the second time people showed up and then left and we never even attempted it. Got sick of being in such a flaky group, and I can't get to half the raids anyway, so I'm just not gonna bother with the legendaries. They didn't really make it fair to people who AREN'T constantly battling and powering up their Pokemon. So screw it.

I'm so excited for the new Magikarp though, and I'm kinda considering doing a hunt for a regular shiny Magikarp so I can get a red Gyarados, which was a major part of my team in Silver.

Now if only I could finish my stupid Spiritomb hunt xD

--------------------
My Party:

Shiny Hunts (click to show)
+Quote Post

Pendragon
post Aug 1 2017, 05:09 PM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I actually have a general question... when I visit these forums while I'm logged in to GPX.Plus, it logs me out there. Sometimes when I sign in here and try to log back in there, it doesn't let me. It doesn't give an error message or anything. It just refreshes and doesn't log me in. Does anybody know why this happens?

Also, on the above topic - Got my first Moltres today, so I'm pretty happy.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kazuko Himura
post Aug 1 2017, 05:29 PM
Post #47

Art by Yoova
Group Icon

Member No.: 243 702

Active Squad

Had enough Prize Points to get 5 extra Old Rods on top of my 3 as a prize. So that accounts for 8 of the 9 novelties.

Aiming for Moltres, since that's the only of the event-given 'mons I don't have.

For explorations, doing the Three Muskateers one and the Victini one.

--------------------
Foobs.

Current Pokemon game goal:
All-ribbon Smeargle
Sites and things (click to show)
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Aug 1 2017, 05:59 PM
Post #48

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

I've only ever seen two raids, yesterday it was a Vaporeon and today it was an Electabuzz. There were no people around for either of them, so I didn't even bother trying to go after it by myself. I'm not expecting to ever get a Legendary from Pokemon GO, so I don't really care.

Well I started a Type: Null hunt for the SWSH and decided to keep it as a regular hunt when it was over. I just managed to get the 15 eggs I needed to use Honey+ so I'll be able to enjoy the multipliers for hatching them. I'm just going to hope it doesn't take as long as my Rockruff hunt.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Aug 1 2017, 06:19 PM
Post #49

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

I don't do battles in GO whatsoever XD

At my grandma's there's not a lot of raids to begin with
I've only seen a single Articuno and that was pretty late in the evening

The legendaries I really like haven't been released yet, sadly ^^;

This post has been edited by Luneon: Aug 1 2017, 06:19 PM

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Aug 1 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #50

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

This is why I don't buy legendary vouchers.
I bought the other 6 I needed. I just don't have the patience to search for eggs/Pokemon that rare. I think I'll breed some soon, I'll look at the stats and see what isn't being bred first though. To help that colored Magikarp get spread across the site. Rather than picking my favorite one and finding out everyone is breeding THAT Magikarp.
I really love the sprites, I'll take a look at regular Magikarp whenever I have the time.

And happy I see people wanting Misquaza. happy.gif
I was shocked I even won the raffle, I only posted.... once or twice in July. lol
And I might just grab Misquaza the day of, just for twice the chance at getting a shiny. It's such a pain summoning sometimes, and nerve racking as I miss most of them when the count is 300+. Plus, no mystery Pokemon this month or just a new Pokemon in general so that makes my choice easy.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Aug 1 2017, 07:35 PM
Post #51

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

New month already huh? Time surely flies by.
Today I can say it was a good day I think. I finally finished my Pichu hunt and got a female, which I evolved to Pop Star Pika, she's so cute ♥. Finished the Victini explo, no shiny unfortunately and I'm still stuck in the feeding task of the Trio of Trials explo.
(If you could spare a berry for the Golurk here, I thank you lots)

I also used my prize points to buy old rods and then get all the magikarp patterns. They are lovely, kudos to PokeNOM NOM NOM!!! I haven't played the game yet 'cause my phone is a little problematic, but my sister plays it and I like how it works. It looks fun.

On another note, I don't know if anyone remembers me talking about my ideas for a set of October trinkets? Well, it won't be a set, but I already made 3 different ones happy.gif Submitted one today, let's see if it will be accepted.

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Aug 1 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #52

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(Pendragon @ Aug 1 2017, 05:09 PM) *
I actually have a general question... when I visit these forums while I'm logged in to GPX.Plus, it logs me out there. Sometimes when I sign in here and try to log back in there, it doesn't let me. It doesn't give an error message or anything. It just refreshes and doesn't log me in. Does anybody know why this happens?

Also, on the above topic - Got my first Moltres today, so I'm pretty happy.

This is a known bug and one I'm hoping to finally solve this month.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Kazuko Himura
post Aug 1 2017, 09:54 PM
Post #53

Art by Yoova
Group Icon

Member No.: 243 702

Active Squad

Got all but the Pink Magikarp, still trying to look for that one...or at least I will after Honey+ wears off...

As for bugfixing, any hopes on the crashing issue with the shelter? Or being unable to use Mobile Walker on my browser? (I have used it on mobile without issues, but browser is like "lolnope")

--------------------
Foobs.

Current Pokemon game goal:
All-ribbon Smeargle
Sites and things (click to show)
+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Aug 1 2017, 09:55 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Alchemists Fire @ Aug 1 2017, 10:31 PM) *
I'm 0/2 Lugia. Because the second time people showed up and then left and we never even attempted it. Got sick of being in such a flaky group, and I can't get to half the raids anyway, so I'm just not gonna bother with the legendaries. They didn't really make it fair to people who AREN'T constantly battling and powering up their Pokemon. So screw it.

Can I ask what's your trainer level? You don't really need to be constantly battling to get legendaries. You just need a good raid group. I've found one during the GO Fest event and it has been great!

Besides, this follows the main series games logic: you also need strong pokemons to face legendaries.

QUOTE(Asbel Lhant @ Aug 1 2017, 11:59 PM) *
I've only ever seen two raids, yesterday it was a Vaporeon and today it was an Electabuzz. There were no people around for either of them, so I didn't even bother trying to go after it by myself. I'm not expecting to ever get a Legendary from Pokemon GO, so I don't really care.

Yeah, unfortunately no one's interested in level 2/3 raids at the moment (although Electabuzz is doable solo if you have a mildly good team). Not even level 4 and I still need a Tyranitar. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Aug 1 2017, 10:39 PM
Post #55

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

I donated a pink one a few minutes ago.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Aug 1 2017, 10:45 PM
Post #56

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

QUOTE(Makoto Naegi @ Aug 1 2017, 10:54 PM) *
Got all but the Pink Magikarp, still trying to look for that one...or at least I will after Honey+ wears off...

As for bugfixing, any hopes on the crashing issue with the shelter? Or being unable to use Mobile Walker on my browser? (I have used it on mobile without issues, but browser is like "lolnope")

Happens all the time for me, been 2 months I think. For the shelter anyways, I don't use the mobile walker.
I just refresh when the shelter does that, but it can be quite irritating when you see an egg/Pokemon you need and it does that before you can click on it. Happened last month on several Pokemon related tasks. xP

I've done the clear chache/cookies, uninstall and reinstall Chrome stuff but nothing changed. It even does it on other computers whenever I log in somewhere else, so I know it's not just my computer now.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Aug 1 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #57

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 334

Favourites

QUOTE(SilverPT @ Aug 1 2017, 07:55 PM) *
QUOTE(Alchemists Fire @ Aug 1 2017, 10:31 PM) *

Can I ask what's your trainer level? You don't really need to be constantly battling to get legendaries. You just need a good raid group. I've found one during the GO Fest event and it has been great!

Besides, this follows the main series games logic: you also need strong pokemons to face legendaries.

I leveled up to 28 during the event. My highest CP is in the 2k rage, and all the rest are like CP1997 and lower. I've never bothered with the gyms because they were all in the 1000s within the first couple weeks the game was out, before I even had my first 200CP+ Pokemon, so I never saw much point.

We couldn't get a consistent raid group to show up. The most we had at one point was 9 people for a Lugia, and we failed it because the game hung on me while i was trying to heal my team to get back in, so there was "one person's" damage left...which would've been me...

The second time I tried, we had about 6 show up, and then one had to leave before we were even able to start. There's not enough people that don't have work/school or live close enough. I'm personally stuck with where I can get to on foot or on transit, which is about 3 gyms.

----

Is anyone actually breeding the new Novelty 'karp? I haven't seen a single egg...

--------------------
My Party:

Shiny Hunts (click to show)
+Quote Post

miu
post Aug 2 2017, 12:12 AM
Post #58

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 182 742

Active Squad

QUOTE(Alchemists Fire @ Aug 2 2017, 07:20 AM) *
Is anyone actually breeding the new Novelty 'karp? I haven't seen a single egg...

Yup, I used my Old Rods and now I'm breeding pink and apricot. Together. Probably not the best of ideas, yesterday they laid a whooping total of three eggs, donated all three of them, and I'm happy to see they've been picked up from the shelter. The pokedex says there are people breeding them (e.g. 12 people are breeding pink); has anyone managed to get a better result than The two Pokémon prefer to stay away from each other.?

--------------------------
Chesto berries for Golurk, please?

This post has been edited by miu: Aug 2 2017, 12:13 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

watchingmidnight
post Aug 2 2017, 07:13 AM
Post #59

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 229 467

Active Squad

I'm breeding the grey novelty with ditto and I get the "the two pokemon prefer to stay away from each other" message. Only one egg produced per breeding. I guess maybe I should switch to breed 2 novelty carps together, but so far i've only gotten males.

--

Pecha berries please?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Aug 2 2017, 08:01 AM
Post #60

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

I'm breeding the novelty magikarps too, two different patterns together and I get the same result "the two pokemon prefer to stay away from each other" and only 1 egg per breeding. I guess this is meant to be? Or we have to leave them in the daycare for a long time together idk.

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:57 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.